Page 8 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Y is partially Flying for sure. Its other type could be either Dark, Poison or Ghost.

    X is a big question mark. I can see it being Fighting/Steel; Fighting/Psychic; Fighting/Steel; Psychic/Grass or Grass Steel.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States (PST) [GMT -8]
    Posts
    41

    Default

    The Deer-looking legendary shown in the trailer looks, well... dumb. But I do like the flying-dragon type legendary!
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

    Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I am really digging those new legendaries. And they don't look like dragons, which makes me even happier. When I saw "Y", I thought "That looks neat", and then I saw "X" and thought "Great. Gonna have a bad time choosing between those two..."

    And about their theming, I wonder how their story will relate to DNA. Obviously they are chromosomes, but I'm still curious about their story. And I kinda hope they do take it the Nordic route. I really wanna see how Yggdrasil would be implemented in Pokémon. And a story revolving around Ragnarok would be plain epic.

    And am I the only one who thinks, if there's only one third game, it's name will be XY? I mean, it goes with the chromosome things... But who knows...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Plymouth, UK
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I really hope the names of the Legendaries will be simply X and Y. It would be really different from everything we've ever saw
    That would be a very interesting turn of events if it happened. I tend to nickname my Poke's very small nicknames anyway.

    Man...

    ...i'm such a sucker for the letter X...


    Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I rather like the Deer legendary, still not sure about the bird one though.

    One thing that irks me a bit though is that they don't really seem to.... go togeather? Design and looks-wise I mean, you could always tell that the main legendary of the game went with it's corresponding legendary, these two just don't seem to match at all haha!

    I am interested thinking both of them make up some sort of DNA- like the Deer has the atoms/colours of the DNA strand while the Bird is the Helix structure/curves of the strand itself.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    I rather like the Deer legendary, still not sure about the bird one though.

    One thing that irks me a bit though is that they don't really seem to.... go togeather? Design and looks-wise I mean, you could always tell that the main legendary of the game went with it's corresponding legendary, these two just don't seem to match at all haha!

    I am interested thinking both of them make up some sort of DNA- like the Deer has the atoms/colours of the DNA strand while the Bird is the Helix structure/curves of the strand itself.
    I actually quite like legends with no real theme beyond x and y. Especially since the last legends that were this different design wise were Kyogre/Groudon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I really hope the names of the Legendaries will be simply X and Y. It would be really different from everything we've ever saw
    naah, thats not a good pokemon name. wont fit

  9. #184

    Default

    Both of the legendaries are pretty interesting, though I prefer X at the moment. I'm surprised we got another deer legendary so soon after the Muskedeers. At least it seems they'll break the Dragon-type streak. Fingers crossed, of course.

    I can see X's full name beginning with "x", and the same going for Y. I'm looking forward to discovering their names.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Both of the legendaries are pretty interesting, though I prefer X at the moment. I'm surprised we got another deer legendary so soon after the Muskedeers. At least it seems they'll break the Dragon-type streak. Fingers crossed, of course.

    I can see X's full name beginning with "x", and the same going for Y. I'm looking forward to discovering their names.
    Pokemon legendaries Xylophone Deer and Yawning Bird

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    From Yggdrasil myth:

    ° "The tree is surrounded by various animals, whom protect it, suck its life, or threaten it. On the top there's an eagle (X?), and between his eyes an hawk. Four deer leaping through the branches, eating its leaves: Dáinn(Y?), Dvalinn, Duneyrr, Duraţrór. The roots of Yggdrasil are tormented by various snakes, and among there's Nidhoggr (Z?), constantly exchanging harsh words with the eagle that sits on top of the tree."

    ° "Yggdrasill is the most beautiful tree in the universe that sustains the entire cosmos"

    ° " The Giant eagle is the keeper of the ancients secrets"

    ° ".. Deers constantly eating the leaves up to destroy the roots"

    ° "Nidhoggr's a snake who constantly insults the eagle on the top"


    Although the characters of Yggdrasil could resemble these legendaries (the eagle being Y, one of the deer being X, and a snake being the hypotetic Z), and although the tree of life might be linked to the DNA helixes (life.. = dna), I still can't find this myth and that pokemon truly connected.
    I mean, if it is like that, X is the bad guy - while Y is the good one. And it does not seem like that..
    Only if you notice what the deer do next.
    It fertilizes the earth with water from its horns and incarnates life energy into real life forms.

    Y is however not as simple because the interpretation would be entirely different depending on whether it is the Rooster or the Eagle. For the former it calls a creation-sustention pair to me, while for the latter might it become a birth\perishment duo

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chester,PA.
    Posts
    166

    Default

    I like these two. A deer and an eagle. I hope is goes with Norse mythology and the third be a dragon and hopefully the "third" legendary will be a dragon or part-dragon. I really wanna see a poison legendary in this generation.
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,552

    Default

    X intrigues me more then Y, the design is just amazing, and those horns!
    #BuyUltraviolance

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Wherever the adventure lies
    Posts
    9,925

    Default

    Minor nitpick, but I don't like the stance they chose for X in this trailer, its stance looks like a Y, which makes it kind of confusing which one is in which game. If it was standing with its forelegs spread out a bit more, then it'd be less confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Taco Bell
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I could actually see a Dragon as a result of European legends of Dragons and Knights in shining armour. (Though I guess they kinda played that all through in Unova)

    Otherwise a Kelpie/Water Dragon/Loch Ness Monster-esque legendary seems cool maybe?

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I really like the legendaries' desingn. For the first time in series they really seem to relate to the versions of the series. I prefer the deer more - I love Princess Mononoke and X reminds me of Forest Spirit. Also it seems just natural for me, a bearer of an X chromosome.

    I hope that this gene thing will be expanded somehow.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gateon area, Orre
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    Maybe they're related to life in some way, 'cause I don't think genetic modification fits well as a theme in a pokemon game. [We had it for mewtwo and partially for Kyurem, but basing a whole region
    And just what did you think was meant in the Orre region when they "closed the door to their hearts?" kicking puppies? granted, you could get into symantecs on that not being a handheld region, but...

    Gonna be honest, I think we're missing the obvious pun here too, if there is an X and a Y, and we all know that Nintendo really loves its trilogies since they sell games, a Z pokemon would also match up for the three dimensional axis of the game's first foray into 3D graphics...
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kenyonville,NY
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Hm... Dragon/Poison sea serpent for Z...?
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges



  19. #194
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stuck in a Ferris Wheel
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Minor nitpick, but I don't like the stance they chose for X in this trailer, its stance looks like a Y, which makes it kind of confusing which one is in which game. If it was standing with its forelegs spread out a bit more, then it'd be less confusing.
    If you look at the logos, the X has the antlers, while the Y has the wings.

    Anyway, is anyone else wondering what the other legendaries will be? What other myths could they incorporate into legends?

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    they seem kinnda plain, compared to previous gens.
    and i realy hope that one of them is a dark type XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm on a blimp, mother****er.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Well, seeing how on of the main rumours and speculation going on is Norse Mythology, we might see a Nidhrogg Pokemon and maybe a Yggdrasil pokemon. Other myths... maybe from other parts of Europe? *Fingers crossed for a Red Welsh Dragon pokemon*

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Just hope they don't go for a 720 base total Yggdrasil and name that YOLOdrasil.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hyderabad (India)
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    From Yggdrasil myth:

    ° "The tree is surrounded by various animals, whom protect it, suck its life, or threaten it. On the top there's an eagle (X?), and between his eyes an hawk. Four deer leaping through the branches, eating its leaves: Dáinn(Y?), Dvalinn, Duneyrr, Duraţrór. The roots of Yggdrasil are tormented by various snakes, and among there's Nidhoggr (Z?), constantly exchanging harsh words with the eagle that sits on top of the tree."

    ° "Yggdrasill is the most beautiful tree in the universe that sustains the entire cosmos"

    ° " The Giant eagle is the keeper of the ancients secrets"

    ° ".. Deers constantly eating the leaves up to destroy the roots"

    ° "Nidhoggr's a snake who constantly insults the eagle on the top"


    Although the characters of Yggdrasil could resemble these legendaries (the eagle being Y, one of the deer being X, and a snake being the hypotetic Z), and although the tree of life might be linked to the DNA helixes (life.. = dna), I still can't find this myth and that pokemon truly connected.
    I mean, if it is like that, X is the bad guy - while Y is the good one. And it does not seem like that..
    Well what ever may it turn out to be, but presently the Yggdrasil and DNA theory is the best one we have connecting to the Legendaries of 6th gen.

    Based on what i read on Wiki, i would say that the Veđrfölnir is going to be Y. As for that unnamed eagle, well it could turn out to another pokemon, because that one looked a lot more special than Veđrfölnir. So, another pokemon could be based on it.

    As for X, i get the feeling that it might actually be related to Eikţyrnir than it being one of the four (i.e., Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr & Duraţrór).

    As for the types of the Legendaries, i would guess the following,

    X - Normal/Fighting, Steel/Fighting, Fighting/Flying (being a bit similar to Shaymin)
    Y - Fire/Flying, Dark/Flying, Fire/Dark (or) Dark/Psychic (in this case it would have Levitate as its abilty)

    And if this really turns out to be related to Yggdrasil, then

    3rd Unknown Legend - Poison/Dragon, Bug/Dragon (both Poison and Bug have a negative effect on trees, which can be represented the types)
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 8th January 2013 at 6:52 PM.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Thank God..they are not Dragons..i have Gotten Sick of Dragon Legenaries since Gen 5

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Love x so much! Its amazing
    Y looks great too, but not as good as x


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Page 8 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •