Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

I'm going to have to start saving up money for a 3DS. At least I have til october to get one. The Fire type is certainly interesting me but I swear to god, if it is another fire/fighting type, you will not hear the end of it.
    75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)

Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    Hmm... You know, the quickness is starting to really bug me.

Think of those graphics. Those animations.

Now wonder if they did that for 700+ pokemon.

I'm going to be terrified until I get confirmation that the entire pokedex will be available in these games.
    Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.

Did you guys see the Japanese trailer ?Anyone notice the DNA Helix in the logo for the new Pokemon games that's not in the English trailer? Can it be the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are Pokemon Girl and Pokemon Boy?
    MT

Yeah I will rage quit if the fire type turns out fire/fighting.
    I doubt it will thou. Since it's based off a fennic fox, a desert dwelling critter, I can see fire/ground.

OH.MY.ARCEUS!!!
    I instantly fell in love with Fennekin. This is going to be my starter.
    Its a cute little fox, and because in japanese culture kitsunes (foxes) are linked to fire, maybe in its evolutions it will grow tails. But that might be a rip off of Ninetales. As for its type, I see it as a fire and psychic type.

I can see Fennekin Flamewalker getting a tail per evo. So 2nd stage would have 2 tails and 3rd would have 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.
    I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.

I don't think Fennekin will go the Kitsune route. I mean, we already have Vulpix for that. I'm just hoping for a cool looking fox as it's last evo. And please, Fennekin, don't go fighting type on me! You're better than that!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.
    Again the models and possibly the games was already in developed 3+ years ago shouldn't bea problem if they are actually working.

Managate is not made by gamefreak, only the main franchise is done by gamefreak.

I dont think they'd go the fire/fighting route since fennic foxes are from the desert. If it has a dual type, it will probaly have ground as a secondary.

It's hard for me to believe that about 14-15 years ago, I was playing the original Pokémon games. Seeing the trailer and seeing the game in 3D made me feel way old. That being said, I think it'd be awesome to have character customization. I'm hoping that the mirror was supposed to be hinting at it. As for the legendary Pokémon, they're okay I guess. I've never been a huge fan of legendaries. The only ones I really like are Mewtwo, Mew, and Jirachi. That trailer left me wanting so much more information. I just really want to see all the new Pokémon.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..
    I think that's all there is in that statue.
    The question is, who could that be? It can be someone important, or just a statue of a random guy.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

The trailer looked very good, especially as it appeared the protagonist was using roller skates or something other than a bike. I liked that they went with cel shading, as I always felt it was an under appreciated art style and one that doesn't look extremely dated after just a few years (like B/W/B2/W2 will look, as far as I'm concerned.)

By the looks of the trailer there will be a Psychic, a Bug and a Fire gym.
    The gyms I most want are a strong normal type gym, a steel gym, an ice gym, a fire gym (which it appears there may be), a bug gym (which it appears there may be), a poison gym and a dark gym!

I feel that ice, dark, and steel gyms would be particularly cool!

The trailer, guys and girls, here is today's formula!

ZWW= The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    P= Pokemon
    Cs= cel shading
    TDG = 3D graphics
    CF= Charm factor

(P * CF) + ZWW (Cs + TDG) = Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

Awesome way to show at long last to 3DS (for those who wanted to stick to the DS are those who are still seeing the 3DS at the price of 250 dollars back then).
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!

Anyone else felt nostalgic when he did the recap of red, blue, gold,etc. and when the trailer played the starting music of pokemon red and blue ?

If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormow View Post
    If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.
    i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !

They'll just use or update the 3d models of the previous game. If anything it will be easier because they redesigned most sprites each generation but they won't with the models because they're constantly in motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled2m7 View Post
    Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!
    That doesn't make any sense.. You can play Gold and Silver on a Gameboy.. Unless you had never played Pokemon before and didn't have a Gameboy.. Confused...

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !
    Yeah, add 10-20 pokemon in Gen8...

Lets see:
    - 9 starter pokemon...
    - 1 single new capturable pokemon that doesn't even evolve...

AMAZING!!! Let them reuse box art legendaries as well! Or go back to the basics and use the starters as box art pokemon!
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

lol, I gotta agree with you there. Having 10 -20 new Pokemon would be a waste unless it was a sequel to the previous game and the new Pokemon were just additions.

I thought the trailer looked great, Hopefully, and this is a long shot, but hopefully those glasses are just the sunglasses needed to get through sandstorms...

I really like how Pokemon are shown utilizing and attacking their opponents in battle. I've dreamed of this ever since the first generation. Hopefully, missed attacks will still be animated, like having the Pokemon move out of the way or something. Yeah it could get annoying watching an attack animate only to miss but I think it would add more realism than to just make a sitting/standing/floating/swimming (Crowd: We get it!!!) Pokemon move ro dodge something like Thunder or Hyper Beam instead of just remaining stationary.

I can't wait to see how Generation 7 takes this even further! But what I really want is Pokemon Z. But who knows, maybe we'll get another dual sequel! I'm so glad I didn't skkip over Black and White because I would have looked like an idiot, lol.

back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast