Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..
    It's true. GF end up having 3 times as many pokemon ideas than the ones that actually make it into the games each generation.

No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.
    Try-hard and overly designed? The legendaries maybe, but I'd be annoyed if they just kept coming up with simplistic designs like Voltorb or Diglett. And ugly? Not every pokemon will look cute or awesome, as has been every generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Anyone else notice that during the battles, you can see leaves blowing on the field and the circular grass moving about? It's subtle touches like that that makes this game amazing already.
    Last edited by King Shuckle; 9th January 2013 at 10:10 PM.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

I seriously doubt it,..but it would be cool if we could finally customize our trainer since the first of the trailer he's looking in the mirror.. would be a cool spot to customize our trainer at.. I doubt it thoguh.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I agree, I really didn't like the appearance of the male trainer in gen 5.

I really hope that we will be able to have walking Pokemon again. I miss that from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but going by the trailer it seems unlikely that it will be included. I hope the next trailer shows NPCs interacting with each other or surfing. I'm also looking forward to how evolution is going to be animated.

I wish the would make a custom avatar for your character. It would be easy enough. like in battle revolution, with 3 body types, outfits, and hats for each gender. It would make online battling more interesting too. Lets face it, I've been playing these games for 15 years. And I'm not a kid anymore. And I am also super stoked for pokemon z. Its going to happen. It's the 3rd plane of a 3D model. X = height. Y = width. Z = depth. And I wonder what wonderful legendary that will bring. But I am jumping the gun haha. But the new game reminds me of Gale of Darkness XD which I love, and still play from time to time.

I'm genuinely psyched for all the new pokemons, gym leaders, elite 4, champion & antagonists!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Holy crap! This is awesome.

A whole new generation already.

I've been playing these games since 1998 and I remember always hearing about the next gen close to a full year before it finally came to America.

Love the new starters, we'll finally have a non-Fire/Fighting starter after 3 Gens!

Though I have to admit that I'm falling behind a bit. I haven't finished doing everything you can do in Black and White yet. I've beaten the main storyline and everything but haven't explored every part of the region yet.

I haven't even bought Black 2 or White 2 yet and now I have 9 months before 6th generation comes out. I need to get crackin' to stay up to date now days.

Also does anyone else realise that GameFreak didn't have to make another remake in 5th Gen? They got B2/W2 out fast enough that they didn't make a R/S remake to tide us over. Not only that but now they've got a whole new Gen coming out within less than a year of their latest release. So GameFreak and Nintendo have finally streamlined the production of Pokemon games so much that they may never have to make another remake again.

Maybe this is what the Pokemon franchise wanted to do since 1999/2000 when they were at the height of their popularity? Make their games so well that they can release them worldwide all at once. Bring the entire Pokemon fandom across the world together everytime they release a new game? It would certainly see massive boosts in profit and revenue for the companies involved.

Maybe that was the true plan all along?
    Friend Safari: 2981-6610-1866. Electric with Electrode, Helioptile and Luxio. PM if you add me and I'll add you.

I want to see a powerful Legendary Kitsune Pokemon that I can capture in a Japanese-esque Temple/Shrine. Kitsunes are awesome!

I'd also really like to see new fossil pokemon in 7th Gen! I like fossil pokemon, ok?

Preferably a Smilodon (Sabertooth Cat) and a Mammoth. You know, more Ice Age prehistoric fossils instead of Dinosaur Age and Cambrian Age.

The animation is spot-on. I did not really like the sprites animation in Generation V, but this one looks very sleek and dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by wastersteve View Post
    I wish the would make a custom avatar for your character. It would be easy enough. like in battle revolution, with 3 body types, outfits, and hats for each gender. It would make online battling more interesting too. Lets face it, I've been playing these games for 15 years. And I'm not a kid anymore. And I am also super stoked for pokemon z. Its going to happen. It's the 3rd plane of a 3D model. X = height. Y = width. Z = depth. And I wonder what wonderful legendary that will bring. But I am jumping the gun haha. But the new game reminds me of Gale of Darkness XD which I love, and still play from time to time.
    I think your mistakin. X =width and Y=height.....
    But anyways. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Z installation

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

The trailer was great and makes me wish there was. I hope that there is another trailer soon showing a lot more of the gameplay without showing to much.

My reaction to the trailer

Spoiler:- Oh yeah:

I watched it like a gabajillion times. What bothers me is that why did GF chose to show second attacks to the starters? I mean they could just show the primary attacks Grass/Fire/Water.

GF is teasing better than most strippers do lol.

Default pokemon splicing other than kyruem?

As I watched the announcement for the newest Pokémon game X and Y I could help but think the colors associated with the legendary Pokémon. X = bluish and Y= red/pinkish. And I thought to myself hmmm boy girl... biology of chromosomes x boy, y girl... so I thought that is no coincidence. So I believed that it would have to do something with DNA. That's what I believed when I first saw the video.

Then If you look closer at the title of the Pokémon games in the cocoro images there is a distinctive double-helix or DNA strand. Since the last game introduced a new concept but only to a certain species I think that new concept is here to stay and that it will make a big impact. This next release of Pokémon on the 3DS will introduce more DNA splicing. This would only make Pokémon more interesting. Breeding group = splicing group? (Not saying they are the same group, just saying hopefully Game freak and/or Nintendo implement a DNA splicing group, or who ever it's in charge of implementing that feature... if it is a feature, also not just limiting that feature to a select group. Chances are since this would be new they will have little splicing or limited to the one species now and a few more in generation 6)

What is your take on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    There is only ONE official gym in the trailer revealed. It seems to be ghost or psychic
    I wasn't paying attention I guess, that's a good news for the trainer that I am ! I love psychic/ghost pokemon

There's also a big room with 2 firewalls... a fire gym or a room of the elite four ?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), phsycic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sealotic View Post
    There's also a big room with 2 firewalls... a fire gym or a room of the elite four ?
    It's truely possible to be a room who's in a certain link with the Elite Four, but I doubt, big like that, it could be a Fire Gym Leader. It's too much "impressive" to just being a gym leader. I'm pretty sure it could be the step before the room of the Champion of this League too, wich could be sepcialized in the fire type or Pokémon who look-like to fire types.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.C.ratata****te View Post
    Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), phsycic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4
    If you are correct, with the Psychic, Bug and Grass types Gym Leader, that could probably mean that there will be some interesting new Pokémon of these types.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 12th January 2013 at 3:44 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by kireadenip View Post
    As I watched the announcement for the newest Pokémon game X and Y I could help but think the colors associated with the legendary Pokémon. X = bluish and Y= red/pinkish. And I thought to myself hmmm boy girl... biology of chromosomes x boy, y girl... so I thought that is no coincidence. So I believed that it would have to do something with DNA. That's what I believed when I first saw the video.

Then If you look closer at the title of the Pokémon games in the cocoro images there is a distinctive double-helix or DNA strand. Since the last game introduced a new concept but only to a certain species I think that new concept is here to stay and that it will make a big impact. This next release of Pokémon on the 3DS will introduce more DNA splicing. This would only make Pokémon more interesting. Breeding group = splicing group? (Not saying they are the same group, just saying hopefully Game freak and/or Nintendo implement a DNA splicing group, or who ever it's in charge of implementing that feature... if it is a feature, also not just limiting that feature to a select group. Chances are since this would be new they will have little splicing or limited to the one species now and a few more in generation 6)

What is your take on this?
    Umm you have the chromosomes things reversed. XX is girl XY is boy. It's not a bad theory though as others have guessed this as well. Eirher way I really can't wait to see where they go with this.

While I'm surprised (and a little impressed) that we're getting generation six already, the trailer could not have been more disappointing.

I honestly could've believed that I was looking at the Atari Jaguar with those graphics. They were extremely geometric, primitive, bulky, and just plain ugly. The camera angle is atrocious, the player character blocks nearly 1/3 of the page. The new starters are the least creative pokemon I've ever seen. They seriously look like a glorified 5-year old's doodle. The legendaries look decent, but a wyvern and.....a deer?

The player character looks the dumbest yet. I hated the black and white male avatar, I hated the black and white 2 male avatar, but this....it's actually turning me from buying the game. I've always had no hesistation when buying the pokemon games, but now I have to think about it.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    While I'm surprised (and a little impressed) that we're getting generation six already, the trailer could not have been more disappointing.

I honestly could've believed that I was looking at the Atari Jaguar with those graphics. They were extremely geometric, primitive, bulky, and just plain ugly. The camera angle is atrocious, the player character blocks nearly 1/3 of the page. The new starters are the least creative pokemon I've ever seen. They seriously look like a glorified 5-year old's doodle. The legendaries look decent, but a wyvern and.....a deer?

The player character looks the dumbest yet. I hated the black and white male avatar, I hated the black and white 2 male avatar, but this....it's actually turning me from buying the game. I've always had no hesistation when buying the pokemon games, but now I have to think about it.
    We cannot make miracles with a 3DS you know. Don't believe you'll have PS3 or XBOX 360 graphics with theses types of game.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Love the graphics in the trailer!, will be great!

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

The looks of the trainers in this game make their heads so huge while their bodies so small. It's really weird. But who knows? Maybe you can actually eat in this game.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    The looks of the trainers in this game make their heads so huge while their bodies so small. It's really weird. But who knows? Maybe you can actually eat in this game.
    This is most likely a compromise between the look of overworld sprites in the earlier games (Huge head, small body) and more realistic body proportions.
    *Mega Fairies*

Well I'll be! not only is this trailer incredibly exciting, fast paced and practically perfect in every way, but it is also one of the earliest trailers to come out in relation with the announcement of the game/generation. The facte that they are releasing it worldwide at the same time, is a huge step up from the usually delayed releases. The region looks awesome, it didn't show us all of theregion, but diversity with the small towns, the large cities (which I loved in BW, that's what a city is supposed to be!) and the routes and even the grass!

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    It's truely possible to be a room who's in a certain link with the Elite Four, but I doubt, big like that, it could be a Fire Gym Leader. It's too much "impressive" to just being a gym leader. I'm pretty sure it could be the step before the room of the Champion of this League too, wich could be sepcialized in the fire type or Pokémon who look-like to fire types.

If you are correct, with the Psychic, Bug and Grass types Gym Leader, that could probably mean that there will be some interesting new Pokémon of these types.
    I honestly don't get why people say the room is too impressive or grand for it to be for a fire gym leader. It's a fire gym so it has to look pretty intense. The never show elite four rooms prerelease and I don't think they'll start now. Plus with all the graphical improvements that these games will have don't be surprised if all the gyms look this impressive.. Seriously that psychic/ghost type gym that came back together looks pretty crazy already. We keep forgetting that with every new iteration of games the gyms keep getting better. Drayden's gym in B2W2 looked really intense for just a gym. The point is don't be surprised if all the gyms in this region take what we know to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    I honestly don't get why people say the room is too impressive or grand for it to be for a fire gym leader. It's a fire gym so it has to look pretty intense. The never show elite four rooms prerelease and I don't think they'll start now. Plus with all the graphical improvements that these games will have don't be surprised if all the gyms look this impressive.. Seriously that psychic/ghost type gym that came back together looks pretty crazy already. We keep forgetting that with every new iteration of games the gyms keep getting better. Drayden's gym in B2W2 looked really intense for just a gym. The point is don't be surprised if all the gyms in this region take what we know to another level.
    I agree. I think it's weird that people think it's too extravagant when really, it could even be the final gym which could explain the extravagance.

But we haven't even considered the possibility that it could be part of the villains hideout or something.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast