Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I am not African-American, but I have always thought it is a little unfair to African-American's that they play as a Caucasian protagonist every game. I hope that X & Y also bring skin color customization.
    I agree. I've always felt this way for both Pokemon and Animal Crossing, but at least in AC you can get tan enough to make yourself have a dark skin tone. If customization is in the game I'd love see skin tone as a option.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I agree. I've always felt this way for both Pokemon and Animal Crossing, but at least in AC you can get tan enough to make yourself have a dark skin tone. If customization is in the game I'd love see skin tone as a option.
    I mean, i don't know too much about Japan, but maybe it isn't as Ethnically diverse as America? That can be a possible explanation.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

I mean, i don't know too much about Japan, but maybe it isn't as Ethnically diverse as America? That can be a possible explanation.
    I did a report about Japan recently so I know it isn't and that's the main reason why. It'd just be nice for games that people know will be released in other countries where people are more ethnically diverse. I can totally see it for things that people making it don't know if it will be released outside of Japan but with Pokemon the games have been released outside of Japan since for almost 15 years now. I think PBR had it simple enough for character customization that if it were maybe toned down a tad it's be prefect for x and Y.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    I did a report about Japan recently so I know it isn't and that's the main reason why. It'd just be nice for games that people know will be released in other countries where people are more ethnically diverse. I can totally see it for things that people making it don't know if it will be released outside of Japan but with Pokemon the games have been released outside of Japan since for almost 15 years now. I think PBR had it simple enough for character customization that if it were maybe toned down a tad it's be prefect for x and Y.
    VERY interesting.... And you are completely right with the PBR thing.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    No way. I can see the franchise going to greater heights after gen 6. Why in the world would the second most lucrative game franchise stop.
    True, and I'm probably wrong. Just I thought with x and y being a potential hint... I am wrong, defo. I'll just stop talking now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I hope it continues for a while.

One thing that I just noticed is that the colors for the X and Y logosremind me of the 3D glasses they had a couple of years ago, pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    The mirror definitely points in the direction of custom characters.

On another topic, does anyone else think X/Y are the penultimate games of the Pokémon series? As in, a sequel called Z that is the last Pokémon game?
    I see this as the dawn of a completely new age in Pokemon. 3D games? I'll be buying these for years. haha

Actually, fun fact about PBR. In Japan, all the characters were white (even NPCs), though the body types were customizable.
    When they ported the game elsewhere, they changed this. Certain Colosseum leaders gained darker skin tones, and the option was added in to the character customization.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Even with character customisation I tend not to make him look like me(unless it's a Mii or something similar) and instead the most pleasing design that the customisation allows for. Rather than representing me, I see the player character similar to any old NPC, except that I just so happen to control his actions and destiny. This even extends to names too: Link is Link, Crono is Crono etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

As I've seen from others, I'm also curious about the glasses. Personally, I don't think I'm ready to have accessories on the characters, but I'm also very curious to see how that ends up.

I'd love a deep character customization. At the beginning you chose a height, weight, skin color, hairstyle, face, clothes and hair. And maybe in one of the cities there's a hair stylist or a clothing shop where you can buy hairstyles and clothes not available from the start of the game. Or you earn clothes throughout the game.

Like in HGSS, when you wear the track uniform during the pokeathelon or the Rocket uniform. I just think it'd be cool for everyone to look different during wifi battles and whatever other wifi modes they have planned.
    Drug free. Alcohol free. Straightedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    The trailer made me want this game real bad. It has a 3D world almost similar to the GamceCube games. I wonder what the bad team will be called
    Just a guess, but I'm gonna go with Team GrammerNazis

I loved the way they showed Chespin using Solarbeam!
    The King of Kalos returns to his Home:Honen #AlphaSapphire

I hope they release another animated trailer like they did for bw2.

I just noticed this, but Pikachu is on top of the Eiffel Tower. How hasn't that needle stab into its junk/but yet?

If I am not mistaken:

*Froakie was using Tackle and Ice Beam.
    *Fennekin was using Flamethower and Dark Pulse.
    *Chespin was using Solarbeam and Aereal Ace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=jy69kf13dPQ

I think this is a new trailer probably a directors cut. It wasn't uploaded by Nintendo but it looks pretty convincing.

here we see:
    -an art museum
    - a clock tower

...that's about it.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

^ If there was ANY doubt that the region was based off of France before. Those doubts have been shattered. Though I will say this. The clock tower at the end seemed a little big ben (crossing the english channel?) and the statue with napoleon riding chariot looks like one I saw in Italy (but then again napoleon put those things everywhere he conquered). So it might be Europe based rather than just France. Maybe it's France with elements of other countries.

The thing that is amazing is that the whole world will see this at the same time, meaning the games will be coming out the same time. Previous, Japan bring them out and show them on TV and have the games out before it reach the rest of the world, but this time, the whole world is base of the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Flower View Post
    If I am not mistaken:

*Froakie was using Tackle and Ice Beam.
    *Fennekin was using Flamethower and Dark Pulse.
    *Chespin was using Solarbeam and Aereal Ace.
    Froakie had water gun and something that looked like wake up slap or the like.
    Fennekin was using Flamethrower and some psychic attack of some sort. That was definitely not dark pulse. Psywave? The light purple was an obvious giveaway, and the zigzag lines really make me think of Psywave and Shadows of Almia's psychic poke assist.
    Chespin had Solarbeam and what was probably Shadow Claw. Arial Ace only shows one blade, at least in the current animation, and the purple color really makes me think of the ghost type.
    I think this is a new trailer probably a directors cut. It wasn't uploaded by Nintendo but it looks pretty convincing.
    Did they even say where this footage was from? I don't believe it quite yet.

First, I'll need a reliable source.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 29th January 2013 at 1:48 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 150 Points
    I almost lost to a team with Sunkern before. So Sunkern for Ubers.

Gotta say that new trailer looks pretty convincing
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

You can tell it's fake in the Art Museum part. The portraits are Sprites from Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, and Conquest series.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    You can tell it's fake in the Art Museum part. The portraits are Sprites from Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, and Conquest series.
    That and they over did the cell shading a teensy bit too much. Other than that, its impressive really.

I actually didn't see this one coming.
    That guy/gal sure had a lot of time on his/her hands to make that one.

Obviously fake, but I appreciate all the effort that was given.
    Although I don't mind having places like those in the real game.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I actually didn't see this one coming.
    That guy/gal sure had a lot of time on his/her hands to make that one.

Obviously fake, but I appreciate all the effort that was given.
    Although I don't mind having places like those in the real game.
    I think it would be cool having a museum in the game that pays trubite to the older games

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast