Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

Very exciting that trailer, huh! GF is always surprising! I can't wait for another trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Very exciting that trailer, huh! GF is always surprising! I can't wait for another trailer!
    It looks pretty fake to me, Honestly

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

The only shots that had moving people is from the first trailer, and the man's voice is different from every Pokemon game commercial I've heard. It's always the same voice. The trailer's fake, until proven real.

That Director's Cut trailer IS fake.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

^ Yep,. It's fan made.

See here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQfDiDYgpic

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Right this is pretty much nothing but I just noticed a few more things:

- Alright, so when Chespin is sent out on the bottom left corner there are TWO Pokeballs instead of 6. Since it is obvious that the trainer has so few Pokemon, it is most likely that Magikarp is found EARLY GAME.

- Fennekin is battling with an ENTIRE ROSTER of 6 Pokemon. Munchlax must be found a little later on the game, but obviously not a gift/trade or too late since Fennekin is still base evo.

- Froakie is kind of middle ground, with a roster of 4 Pokemon battling Pansage. So it might be capturable kinda mid-early, enough after when you get the first few Pokemon but not after the first badge.

So, yeah, just a few interesting things. Nice 2,4,6 pattern anyways.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Kylesico912X View Post
    I'm going to have to start saving up money for a 3DS. At least I have til october to get one. The Fire type is certainly interesting me but I swear to god, if it is another fire/fighting type, you will not hear the end of it.

Kickboxing Fennekin, anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    Right this is pretty much nothing but I just noticed a few more things:

- Alright, so when Chespin is sent out on the bottom left corner there are TWO Pokeballs instead of 6. Since it is obvious that the trainer has so few Pokemon, it is most likely that Magikarp is found EARLY GAME.

- Fennekin is battling with an ENTIRE ROSTER of 6 Pokemon. Munchlax must be found a little later on the game, but obviously not a gift/trade or too late since Fennekin is still base evo.

- Froakie is kind of middle ground, with a roster of 4 Pokemon battling Pansage. So it might be capturable kinda mid-early, enough after when you get the first few Pokemon but not after the first badge.

So, yeah, just a few interesting things. Nice 2,4,6 pattern anyways.
    While this is worth noting, keep in mind that in a lot of the BW trailers and screenshots, they showed pokemon at level 50 across the board. There's nothing to stop the people behind the trailer/marketing from having any pokemon at any stage in the game battling another pokemon at any stage in the game. But the pattern is definitely worth noting.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    While this is worth noting, keep in mind that in a lot of the BW trailers and screenshots, they showed pokemon at level 50 across the board. There's nothing to stop the people behind the trailer/marketing from having any pokemon at any stage in the game battling another pokemon at any stage in the game. But the pattern is definitely worth noting.
    Exactly, the developers design the trailers specifically to show you exactly what they want to show you, and nothing more. They know what theyre doing, and were it that this was actual footage of a real playthrough, then that info would be perfectly accurate. But the trailer was most likely made by taking scripted clips of the game engine, especially since the game is still in development, the game doesnt release for 7 months, its very possible that not even the developers have made every single decision about the details of pokemon displacement among the routes, findable items, etc.

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Do you think they will air a condensed version of the trailer as a Super Bowl commercial?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Seeing that Tyrunt is trying to make friends with the other pokémon, but is acting a little too pushy
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

I wish.......
    Black 2/Heartgold/X Trainer Card-

Credits to Mr.Munchlax
    Name: Tyler Dure
    Status: Having a training battle with Charmeleon and Pinsir so we could work on Mega Evolution
    Hometown: Virbank City, Unova, US
    Idols: Krisi Jackson, Lance, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Tucker Satoshi, Austin

"You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get." -MP

Join the Fire-Type Club, where battles are as intense as the sun's rays!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Do you think they will air a condensed version of the trailer as a Super Bowl commercial?
    disappointed, was hoping for it:/

I just peeked in during my break in studies. I hope you remember me.

I must say that Pokemon XY looks pretty cool. Definitely better than the first pics from BW.

I also like the fact that while BW was advertised as a "fresh start", this generation is said to be a "further development of the Pokemon World". Calls for awesome retro references.
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I just peeked in during my break in studies. I hope you remember me.

I must say that Pokemon XY looks pretty cool. Definitely better than the first pics from BW.

I also like the fact that while BW was advertised as a "fresh start", this generation is said to be a "further development of the Pokemon World". Calls for awesome retro references.
    Yeah it's good to hear that it's a development and not a cheesy/over-used "reboot" attempt.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    Yeah it's good to hear that it's a development and not a cheesy/over-used "reboot" attempt.
    Not like Pokemon ever had a "reboot" before, it's always developed the games with each generation, having one time to just do something new and unique for the franchise seems perfectly fine.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    I would argue the word "reboot"
    But I get what your saying. Pokemon definatley needed this jump.
    Its ENITRELY different esthetically. I can't wait!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

everybody like the 5th generation. No pre-evo's or evolutions of previous generations. Let's hope that we can keep it that way
    FC: 3797-5852-8507

Quote Originally Posted by SudovVoOdO View Post
    everybody like the 5th generation. No pre-evo's or evolutions of previous generations. Let's hope that we can keep it that way
    Why? People like pre-evolutions and evolutions, and there's no reason why they wont continue to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Why? People like pre-evolutions and evolutions, and there's no reason why they wont continue to do them.
    Pre-evolutions no. They tend to be mostly unnecessary unless it allows us to use a strong standalone like Snorlax much earlier in the game. Evolutions yes. There are largely forgotten pokemon like Qwilfish that don't get the stats or publicity to truly shine and evolutions are a way of breathing new life into old species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Pre-evolutions no. They tend to be mostly unnecessary unless it allows us to use a strong standalone like Snorlax much earlier in the game. Evolutions yes. There are largely forgotten pokemon like Qwilfish that don't get the stats or publicity to truly shine and evolutions are a way of breathing new life into old species.
    No what? People still like them. And they most likely will still be made.

Something to note about the trailer(the real one)is some stuff that might not have been noticed:
    -You can see ledges in the beginning of route 3. Seems like they're raised to be proper little hills that you can't climb now.
    -The big palace thing is in front of a plaza. You can catch a glimpse of this white statue right before it switches away.
    -Both the running bits of the girl have the palace behind her. So what does that mean? When in front of the flowers, she's likely running from the palace into a continuing route, while the Bridge and statue are part of the palace's grounds, and its likely a garden with a fountain.
    BLAH

I just thought about this while looking at a calendar, the announcements for X&Y were on Jan-8 one a Tuesday. What do you think the odds are that we will get more information tomorrow on the 8th or on this coming Tuesday??? It will be a month exactly or a little over, since that last time anything other than random articles dissecting the trailer or repeating the same info over and over. Not sure if this post applies in here about advertising or lack of but, trailers and advertising run hand in hand.

All I can say is "PLEASE RELEASE MORE INFO GF!!!!!" usually we have enough info to ties us(me) over til another month comes around
    Choose your side

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I just thought about this while looking at a calendar, the announcements for X&Y were on Jan-8 one a Tuesday. What do you think the odds are that we will get more information tomorrow on the 8th or on this coming Tuesday??? It will be a month exactly or a little over, since that last time anything other than random articles dissecting the trailer or repeating the same info over and over. Not sure if this post applies in here about advertising or lack of but, trailers and advertising run hand in hand.

All I can say is "PLEASE RELEASE MORE INFO GF!!!!!" usually we have enough info to ties us(me) over til another month comes around
    CoroCoro comes every month on the 15, with leaks it happens around 12th or so. We'll get whatever info that is revealed there within the next few days. There's no guarantee the info will be huge however(We only got heights, weights, and artwork of the Legendary last month).

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Pre evolutions are normally cute, but just how often will you be using one? They exist for maybe more background on said evolution, but that's really it.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Pre evolutions are normally cute, but just how often will you be using one? They exist for maybe more background on said evolution, but that's really it.
    Which is all that matters. My entire point is that there is no reason why they wont continue to make them, they didn't stop before why would they now. And I'd use a pre evolution however long it takes for it to evolve into a Pokemon I want to use of it's fully evolved form, you can't always capture Pokemon in their final form, you have to use their first form and evolve them.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast