Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    What i found interesting is that besides the Paris background it looks like your character may be customizable. At one point in the trailer he had sunglasses but at another point he didn't O.o then it looks like instead of adjacent type movement you're allowed to freeroam (i bet there's a name for it but i cant think of it xD)
    You know... I hope they're able to be customized, and it's a possibility. I think the most proof we had is the sunglasses disappearing. There are a lot of people who talk about the guy looking at himself in the mirror, but I don't think that proves anything.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    You know... I hope they're able to be customized, and it's a possibility. I think the most proof we had is the sunglasses disappearing. There are a lot of people who talk about the guy looking at himself in the mirror, but I don't think that proves anything.
    The mirror thing is a usual thing when it comes to customizing our characters, apparently. It could be a close up, but there's no official artwork of the characters yet, so customization isn't impossible currently.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Customization. Thats a great, fantastic idea. But, I think that 6th Gen (with custmiz*) will focus more on adding things to character model than changing something (like clothes). Maybe, there'll be option to change cloth color - its IMO enough good thing to start any future ideas (in next games) with customization.

I'm all for customizable characters! I also believe the starters' types in their final evolution will be: Chespin - Grass/Dark, Fennekin - Fire/Psychic, Froakie - Water/Fighting
    Legitimately Caught All 649 Pokémon in White 2: April 12, 2013
    White 2 FC: 5072 4104 1923
    3DS FC: 0103-9971-7893

I was so excited when hearing this news!! I have been waiting for a 3D pokemon game from the start. I really believe these games are going to deliver for many reasons, but as well as the fact that the style looks similar to Gen 2 imho...

What i found interesting is that besides the Paris background it looks like your character may be customizable. At one point in the trailer he had sunglasses but at another point he didn't O.o then it looks like instead of adjacent type movement you're allowed to freeroam (i bet there's a name for it but i cant think of it xD)
    you do realise that was a glitch right?....

if you watch the trailer carefully you can see the glasses are left behind in mid air by the trainer after he uses the vines to jump.

i didnt see anything that made me think you can move free roam (assuming you mean you can move in any direction) its still a grid based game from what I can see

There is still grid-based movement especially when you look at the later part of the trailer where the trainer walks into the grass. Also, you do realize that for the tree hop to take place that there is a step button right before the rope? It implies that stepping on it or pressing A/B would activate a canned animation where the trainer jumps on the rope and swings.

Has anyone noticed the castle has a statue that may resemble the female trainer with a Golurk and Palpitoad in front? Maybe this is some sort of Battle Tower/Frontier-esque building with the statue being similar to the HG/SS Pokeathlon statues?

Also wanted to say it looks like the trainers on Rt 3 have different heights. So glad they're using the 3-D to actually make the kid trainers vs. adults different heights. I know its minor but great that they have it.
    Last edited by Wulava; 27th March 2013 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Double-post

Quote Originally Posted by Ib4 View Post
    Also wanted to say it looks like the trainers on Rt 3 have different heights. So glad they're using the 3-D to actually make the kid trainers vs. adults different heights. I know its minor but great that they have it.
    Well, there was some difference in height between 'School Kids' and 'Backpackers', but it seemed only to be one to 3 pixels...
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I think that being able to move in 8 Directions, with diagonals. But it's not something I'd put as a Priority.

Maybe the Glitch shows that the Glasses aren't part of the default player model?

remember guys: GAME FOOTAGE NOT FINAL!

Maybe the glass has a function in the game? And someone givea it to you?

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

When I first saw the trailer, I was so excited about it. Especially since you now have roller skates to travel on. Sylveon, well I cant wait to see what type it is:3

Does anyone else think Sylveon is pretty obviously a normal type based on the trailer? What, with her bland color scheme not hinting toward any sort of other type, and the fact it only used normal type moves?

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelis ventus View Post
    Does anyone else think Sylveon is pretty obviously a normal type based on the trailer? What, with her bland color scheme not hinting toward any sort of other type, and the fact it only used normal type moves?
    I don't think the word "obviously" should be used, because it differs from person to person. Some people could see it as a Normal, Flying, Bug and even a Dragon type. And we don't know the moves it used except for Swift and Trump Card. Yea one of them is speculated of being Double Edge, but we don't have any confirmation of that.

I like Sylveon's design really

The chart from the site would suggest a Flying type

http://www.pokedit.com/Cak%C3%A9naly...Type_4755.html

The bug and dragon speculations are really farfetch'd

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I like Sylveon's design really

The chart from the site would suggest a Flying type

http://www.pokedit.com/Cak%C3%A9naly...Type_4755.html
    But that chart doesn't mean anything... Flying-type speculation is equally far-fetched.

^

I was thinking the same thing. The only other type I could see it being would be flying, but you'd think they'd give the damn thing some wings.

I thought the color scheme would hint that it's normal, because it seems that most normal pokemon have a pinkish white color schemes. Clefairy, chansey, skitty, audino, spinda, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    But that chart doesn't mean anything... Flying-type speculation is equally far-fetched.
    What? Following with the obvious layout of the chart, Sylveon would either be ground or flying. And it's not ground

What? Following with the obvious layout of the chart, Sylveon would either be ground or flying. And it's not ground
    Why is it not ground? I thought the chart made it obvious what type it was.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Why is it not ground? I thought the chart made it obvious what type it was.
    Sylveon. Pink. Very floaty scarves. Not brown at all. Not stocky in the slightest. None of its names or its design have anything to do with the ground/sand/earth other than having legs.

The obvious part of the chart being that each eeveelution is placed opposite to an eeveelution that it is weak/strong against. Sylveon being across from Jolteon would leave it as either Ground or Flying. Ground is out so that would leave you with-

Sylveon. Pink. Very floaty scarves. Not brown at all. Not stocky in the slightest. None of its names or its design have anything to do with the ground/sand/earth other than having legs.

The obvious part of the chart being that each eeveelution is placed opposite to an eeveelution that it is weak/strong against. Sylveon being across from Jolteon would leave it as either Ground or Flying. Ground is out so that would leave you with-
    I can think of ten Ground types off the top of my head that are neither brown nor stocky while Hoppip and Mandibuzz are the only pink Flying types.

My problem with your use of the word "obvious" is that you are implying there is a definitive, clear answer when you said yourself that there are two options and that both options are as logical as the other.

I could make a brand new chart with Glaceon across from Sylveon and you would think it was Rock or Dragon type.

Personally, I think Sylveon is a Dragon type. I do think the remaining 9 types could make just as much sense, I just see the most evidence for a Dragon type. I don't count opposing Pokemon on a chart as evidence, just coincidence.

What makes you think it's a dragon type?

What makes you think it's a dragon type?
    The fangs in multiple promotional pictures, the colors on its ribbons (pink and blue) match what were the colors representing the Dragon type in R/S/E DragonIC_Big.png, Dragon is the only remaining former special type that Eevee has not evolved into and that Eevee has yet to evolve into a formerly physical type, and there is one other thing but I forget what it is off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    The fangs in multiple promotional pictures, the colors on its ribbons (pink and blue) match what were the colors representing the Dragon type in R/S/E DragonIC_Big.png, Dragon is the only remaining former special type that Eevee has not evolved into and that Eevee has yet to evolve into a formerly physical type, and there is one other thing but I forget what it is off the top of my head.
    The fangs mean absolutely nothing, Umbreon had them as well.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast