Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 634

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The fangs mean absolutely nothing, Umbreon had them as well.
    If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap. The Eeveelutions of Fire, Electric, Water, Ice, Grass, and Psychic didn't incorporate fangs because they were unnecessary to the overall design. My personal opinion is that Sylveon's fangs are the one subtle addition to hint at its type. Dragons' teeth in mythology have shown to be prominent and I don't think GF decided to just throw them on Sylveon for no reason.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    15,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap.
    Umbreon doesn't even naturally learn any fang move (Bite has to be learned as an Eevee). Vaporeon, Flareon & Glaceon get it naturally for some reason, however.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Umbreon doesn't even naturally learn any fang move (Bite has to be learned as an Eevee). Vaporeon, Flareon & Glaceon get it naturally for some reason, however.
    I just meant that the fangs are representative of the type. The only other type that I think fangs could represent (that is, if they represent anything, which I clearly believe) is the Dragon type.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Work'n 'dem streets
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    If Umbreon is the only one to have them before Sylveon, then how could they mean absolutely nothing? Dark types fight dirty. Crunch and Bite prove that using fangs is cheap. The Eeveelutions of Fire, Electric, Water, Ice, Grass, and Psychic didn't incorporate fangs because they were unnecessary to the overall design. My personal opinion is that Sylveon's fangs are the one subtle addition to hint at its type. Dragons' teeth in mythology have shown to be prominent and I don't think GF decided to just throw them on Sylveon for no reason.
    Still though, one would think that if they were going to make a dragon type evolution for evee, they would make some effort to make it it look...dragon like? No scales, no bony tail, no horns, no nothing. The thing is pink. With ribbons. And a bow. Nothing about it screams dragon, lol.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Yeah that doesn't even... anyway, flying seems to be the most logical option with Normal close behind. I thought it was normal before I saw the chart.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Yeah that doesn't even... anyway, flying seems to be the most logical option with Normal close behind. I thought it was normal before I saw the chart.
    That chart doesn't mean anything though, it just shows the eeveelutions in order of the generations they were introduced, nothing about it says that the type match-ups mean anything at all.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    That chart doesn't mean anything though, it just shows the eeveelutions in order of the generations they were introduced, nothing about it says that the type match-ups mean anything at all.
    Why would it deliberately be put into match ups if that's all the chart was supposed to be? Why wouldn't they just have Glaceon across from Vaporeon, Flareon across from Sylveon, and Jolteon across from Leafeon? It's arranged by matchup

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Why would it deliberately be put into match ups if that's all the chart was supposed to be? Why wouldn't they just have Glaceon across from Vaporeon, Flareon across from Sylveon, and Jolteon across from Leafeon? It's arranged by matchup
    You use the word deliberately incorrectly, you can't possibly know if they deliberately put them with type match-ups in mind, it's probably just a coincidence.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Could it not be a coincidence that they were placed into matchups but just happened to be arranged by gen? Could it not be both?

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Could it not be a coincidence that they were placed into matchups but just happened to be arranged by gen? Could it not be both?
    Yes of course, but that doesn't support your argument.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    Yes of course, but that doesn't support your argument.
    It actually does, mate. Considering that the chart could easily be arranged by both gen and matchup, it would be logical to presume that Sylveon is Flying based upon the chart.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    It actually does, mate. Considering that the chart could easily be arranged by both gen and matchup, it would be logical to presume that Sylveon is Flying based upon the chart.
    No, it wouldn't. As said previously, based on that logic it might as well be Ground-type. And the chart doesn't really have a true pattern at all.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    I'm getting tired of the "It doesn't scream [whatever] type so it's not [whatever] type" argument.
    It doesn't clearly represent any one type.
    If it did, we would know.
    Also, if the chart made it so obvious what type Sylveon is then why wouldn't they just release the type with it?
    The chart shows nothing more than Eevee and it's evolutions by generation.

    I'm gonna go on record saying that I think it could very well be a Flying type. That was my initial thought. I also think and will never dispute that it COULD be ANY of the remaining types. I just personally believe the Dragon type speculation holds the most evidence and that forcing a pattern is pointless because there are other coincidental patterns in other things to disprove theories.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    764

    Default

    The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

    The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

    The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol
    Altaria says hello. Does it look Dragon to you? Sylveon may be Dragon to round-off the Special Eeveeloutions.

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneasel Lover View Post
    You use the word deliberately incorrectly, you can't possibly know if they deliberately put them with type match-ups in mind, it's probably just a coincidence.
    The top three are gen 1, the middle two are gen two, the bottom two are gen 4, And the very bottom is slyveon. It is all a coincidence and people are just depserate to put 2 and 2 together to equal five now.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  17. #317
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

    The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol
    Actually Zekrom was presumed to be Dark/Dragon before its release of its official typing because of its color. I mean this is Gamefreak, they could have made Gyrados Fire if they wanted to.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Actually Zekrom was presumed to be Dark/Dragon before its release of its official typing because of its color. I mean this is Gamefreak, they could have made Gyrados Fire if they wanted to.
    It even learns Flamethrower and Fire Blast, I believe. Rare for a non-Dragon Water-type.

    Anyway, anyone thinking that Tree may have been a Gym? Even though it must be natural, as it has ropes, nets and foot placings!

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

    The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol
    I don't think Sneasel Lover was saying that Sylveon could be Ground-type.
    No, he/she was saying that, given the logic behind the "pattern", Sylveon could theoretically be Ground and the pattern would still stand, since Ground is SE against Electric.

    For the record, I think Sylveon will be Flying-type and if that does turn out to be the case, I don't think that the chart would've been alluding to it whatsoever.

    The Head Honchkrow~

    A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    The chart's pattern is obvious. Ground? You can't be serious. Look at it for 2 seconds

    The thought that Sylveon could be ANY type doesn't make any sense to me. Look at it. Ghost? lol. Steel? What? Dragon? Definitely not. Ground? lolololol
    Golurk, Jirachi, Altaria, Gligar. A Ghost, Steel, Dragon, and Ground type that doesn't look exclusively its type. I don't know why you think every Pokemon has to look exactly its type. Most cases, sure. But every type has at least a few Pokemon that don't look like it would be that type.

    Sylveon could be Ground type because the only criteria for a Ground type is that it lives on or underground. You don't know its habitat, therefore you don't know that it isn't Ground.

    Sylveon could be Ghost type because we have nothing stating that it is a tangible being. You don't know its physical being, therefore you don't know that it isn't Ghost.

    Sylveon could be Dragon type because we have no proof that it is furry and not scaly or rough skinned. You don't know its skin, therefore you don't know that it isn't Dragon.

    Sylveon could be Steel type because the only criteria for a Steel type is that its being is composed somewhat of steel. You don't know of its skeletal material, therefore you don't know it isn't Steel.

    You are making yourself look narrow minded by basing your entire theory on one poster that is more likely coincidentally favorable to your argument than not. It also doesn't help that you are shutting out ideas that aren't your own because you claim that all Pokemon represent their specific type to the highest degree. Sylveon could be any type because we don't know anything about it. I cannot stress that enough.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  21. #321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crudelis ventus View Post
    Still though, one would think that if they were going to make a dragon type evolution for evee, they would make some effort to make it it look...dragon like? No scales, no bony tail, no horns, no nothing. The thing is pink. With ribbons. And a bow. Nothing about it screams dragon, lol.
    Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...

    I have claimed the Pigs!


    Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

  22. #322
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...
    I think it could be anything. Rock, Ground, Bug, Steel, Dragon, Normal, Flying, Fighting, Ghost, and Poison all are as likely as one another as we know nothing of it's physical being. Certain evidence can point in ways of certain types but anything is possible. All they have to do is say "It's skeleton is made of stone" and give it a Rock typing. They have complete creative discretion and I'm not ruling anything out.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

  23. #323
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...
    The difference is though, that they have more features that could make them look dragon. Altaria with the wings, Kingdra with it's scales and suck. Sylveon looks more like a Ghost type than anything in my opinion. With those possessive eyes, the kind of "evil" pink coloring, and the ribbons that could be considered mummy wrappings, I can totally see Ghost.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

  24. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    The difference is though, that they have more features that could make them look dragon. Altaria with the wings, Kingdra with it's scales and suck. Sylveon looks more like a Ghost type than anything in my opinion. With those possessive eyes, the kind of "evil" pink coloring, and the ribbons that could be considered mummy wrappings, I can totally see Ghost.
    Evil pink coloring? What do you mean?

  25. #325
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Nothing about Altaria and Kingdra screams Dragon imho. Altaria looks like a Normal/Flying type. Not even remotely Dragon to me, at least to me with those clouds and all. For all we know, Sylveon could be anything. Well, almost...
    I believe altaria is based off of a dragon like mythological creature
    And kingdra a sea dragon
    So they do fit the type of dragon...

    ______

    Does anyone else wonder what that trailer would be like in full 3D
    I'd live if we got ones on the eshop available in full 3d
    I want this because I don't like when the 3D hurts my eyes so much because I can't focus because I move around and alot figiting in my chair haha but I could allways turn it down or even off....


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •