Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 634

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kathmandu, Nepal
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R.A.C.ratata****te View Post
    Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), psychic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4
    You meant vine.....And, by the way, I agree that it may be a grass gym and the part that spider web is bug. Also, the fire place might be elite 4. But, where was psychic type shown? Or, did I not pay attention to it?
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Outer atmosphere of Jupiter
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    You meant vine.....And, by the way, I agree that it may be a grass gym and the part that spider web is bug. Also, the fire place might be elite 4. But, where was psychic type shown? Or, did I not pay attention to it?
    At one point in the trailer it shows the female PC standing in room that forms around her. If you look, you can see two of those gym statues that appear at the entrances of every gym. Most people are guessing that it's a Psychic or Ghost gym, because, well... what other gym would appear to be in another dimension?
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

    I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

    FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unova Region - Lacunosa Town
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    I agree. I think it's weird that people think it's too extravagant when really, it could even be the final gym which could explain the extravagance.

    But we haven't even considered the possibility that it could be part of the villains hideout or something.
    If it is the villain's hideout that would be the most awesome villain's hideout EVER. Also in the scene where the player is running down route 3 we could see a building with a red rooftop in the town. I think it could possibly be the new Pokemon center. Man I can't wait to seen some actually gameplay from this game.

  4. #104

    Default

    Yes, I think the domed buildings shown in the badlands were the hideout for the evil team. It may perhaps be an abandoned laboratory, filled with ghost or poison Pokemon. Or both; it's possible that the evil team is a group of crazed scientists, but we didn't hear anything about the evil team so far, so I find my theory likely. However, I'll wait for more official info before I decide.



    I have every right to be the better person for no reason whatsoever. Life is about doing the right thing and leaving people with a good idea of who you are and what your ideals are.



    Please click! I'll give you a cookie! :3

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    .....In America
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    We cannot make miracles with a 3DS you know. Don't believe you'll have PS3 or XBOX 360 graphics with theses types of game.
    There's a middle ground between what I watched and Xbox 360 graphics.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    There's a middle ground between what I watched and Xbox 360 graphics.
    Wait to have the game in front of you before saying this. It's just a trailer, after all.
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beneath The Truth
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Did anybody else notice that the female trainer only had glasses on her hat when she was in the (presumed) Psychic Gym? I've heard the same is true for the male, but I haven't noticed it myself.

    Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    You meant vine.....And, by the way, I agree that it may be a grass gym and the part that spider web is bug. Also, the fire place might be elite 4. But, where was psychic type shown? Or, did I not pay attention to it?
    I disagree that its a grass gym only because of how closely related Xerneas and Yveltal are to norse mythology, I think that tree might be part of the story plot and be much more like an important landmark only because a giant tree sounds a lot like Midgard of Norse Mythology.
    I STILL DON'T RULE OUT THE IDEA OF GRASS GYM THOUGH.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    19

    Default

    As I saw the trailer, one building looked similar to the Palace of Versailles.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tatooine
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    I disagree that its a grass gym only because of how closely related Xerneas and Yveltal are to norse mythology, I think that tree might be part of the story plot and be much more like an important landmark only because a giant tree sounds a lot like Midgard of Norse Mythology.
    I STILL DON'T RULE OUT THE IDEA OF GRASS GYM THOUGH.
    Agreed. I'm thinking, if the whole Norse Mythology is true, the Giant Tree (Yggdrasil) is an important landmark. It could be where you will encounter Xerneas/Yveltal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanuis View Post
    As I saw the trailer, one building looked similar to the Palace of Versailles.
        Spoiler:- Seems legit:

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Okay, so here are a few of the things I picked up on:

    First off, I wanted to get a sense of the region. In the begin of the trailer, Pikachu does an introduction on top of what appears to be the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Not only that, Later on in the video when the trainer is moving through the town, in the background shows a tower which remarkably resembles the Eiffel Tower. Also, the buildings seem to have a European like architecture to them. One of the biggest things I saw in regards to where the region could be based, is when the girl is crossing the bridge you see a statue in the lake. If you look very closely at that statue you can see a Golurk, Palpitoad, and to the left of Palpitoad, again if you look closely, you can see what seems to be a Knight in Middle Aged armor. One final detail I realized, in one scene the trainer is walking down a route which has a route signpost with the number 3 on it. In the games pre-Black and White, all the regions where based off of actual regions in Japan which is why with each new game the regions just increased in number. Now Black and White had new route numbers because it seemed to be based off of a New York City. With that in mind, since the route marker shows "3", it could add the to assumption that the region could be based off Paris.

    Secondly, earlier in the trailer you see the boy trainer look at himself in the mirror. On top of his hat are sun glasses, which to me based off of the other games characters seems slightly out of place. Unless the option of outfit customization is introduced. To further support this theory, the glasses can be seen in every scene except in the scene where the boy trainer is swing from the wines, the glasses are not on his hat. However, after looking over that scene over and over, I noticed that the glasses are actually left behind the trainer as he swings. Knowing that this trailer is obviously pre-alpha stages, it's likely that the developers have yet to pin the accessory to the moving trainer.

    Thirdly, the thing that everyone wants to know about is the second type that the starters will eventually acquire after evolving. In the battle scenes, Chespin uses what seems to be a move that resembles Night Slash, Fennekin uses a move that resembles Psywave, and Froakie uses a move that resembles Close Combat. With that said, the starter's evolution could be Grass-Dark, Fire-Psychic, and Water-Fighting. Now with that in mind, this would create almost a "second layer" of starter weaknesses meaning that with Grass being weak to Fire, Psychic is weak to Dark. As well as, Fighting is weak to Psychic, and Dark is weak to Fighting. So when your starter evolves it could potentially give you an edge over your rival's starter evolution's acquired second type.

  12. #112

    Default

    I still think that the vine swinging is in a Grass Gym. For some reason, I find legendary locations to be more ancient or majestic (Dragonspiral Tower, Spear Pillar) than what looks like a trainer facility such as a gym.

    Gyms usually have puzzles or otherwise quirky gimmicks like that.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    The trailer was great, and I think I read somewhere, maybe IGN or something, the graphics may look a little poor because they are stretched for the trailer. Myself, I think it looks great. Not only are they making the transition to 3D from sprites (i.e. using polygons), it will also be 3D (I am going to be buying a 3DS soon in anticipation). I have bought a Pokemon game from each generation, but I think this will be the first one I follow closely from announcement to launch. Excited (but it is also going to be over eight months of waiting)

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    869

    Default

    The giant tree with the vines could be a grass gym, there's not much from the trailer to confirm it but it's defiantly a possibility. The one with the changing room is defiantly a gym because of the two statues. I'm guessing it's most likely a psychic gym because of the fact what other gym could warp dimensions, I'm not ruling out a ghost gym however to me if it was a ghost gym it would be creepy an dark sort of like Mortys in HG/SS. The place with the giant web male character lands on just screams out BUG gym to me. The area with the towering flames seems more like the Elite Four, they've always have a show to make it look dramatic especially with these later generations now(Just look at B/W, B2/W2).

    Did anyone notice the part where the male character is moving away from the White Tower, he's not running but gliding as if he was wearing skates. Is it possible they're adding roller blades along with the running shoes?(cause you can still see them running as well.)

    Overall I'm loving Pokemon X and Y, the graphic's and gameplay are long over due an I'm just amazed by how it looks in the trailer. I'll admit I'm gonna miss the traditional 2-D sprites but after 15 years of it, it's good to see it finally change an it looks great.
    Now if only the rumors are true that the final evolution for the fire starter is going to be fire/psychic(or just Fire really) instead of the typical fire/fighting. Seriously it's getting old >.<

  15. #115
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Outer atmosphere of Jupiter
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyon View Post
    Did anyone notice the part where the male character is moving away from the White Tower, he's not running but gliding as if he was wearing skates. Is it possible they're adding roller blades along with the running shoes?(cause you can still see them running as well.)
    Since we see them running and skating, I'm led to believe that the Running Shoes in these games are going to be replaced by Heelys.
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

    I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

    FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by german suplex View Post
    Agreed. I'm thinking, if the whole Norse Mythology is true, the Giant Tree (Yggdrasil) is an important landmark. It could be where you will encounter Xerneas/Yveltal.

        Spoiler:- Seems legit:
    Loved those pictures, made me sure that there French based.




    Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    Since we see them running and skating, I'm led to believe that the Running Shoes in these games are going to be replaced by Heelys.
    I think the skates are a replace for the bike, easier to animate


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Peanuts.
    Posts
    83

    Default

    A skateboard would be a better replacement.
    I am One with the guardian of the sea,Master of the power and awesomeness that is Lugia! 3DS FC: 3222-6949-4801.PM me if you add me so I can add you!.............................................. ..............Platinum Nuzlocke Team: Emperor, Luke, Ms.Rampage, Axel, Puncho, Simon.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Route 12
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    Since we see them running and skating, I'm led to believe that the Running Shoes in these games are going to be replaced by Heelys.
    Being able to switch from running to skating would be a cool new feature. Maybe when more info about the game comes out in the next few months they'll mention it.

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I think the skates are a replace for the bike, easier to animate
    Hmm replacing bikes with skates would be easier to animate, but I doubt they'll get rid of the bikes all together. We've always had bikes in the game there the fastest way to travel besides using Fly. An I'm just thinking reality btw but a bike would be a lot faster then skates(Just being technical the wheels of skates would have to rotate multiple times before the wheels from a bike could make one full rotation)
    Last edited by Zyon; 15th January 2013 at 9:48 PM.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Outer atmosphere of Jupiter
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I think the skates are a replace for the bike, easier to animate
    I think it'd make more sense for them to keep the bike for use in the wild and have the skates as a running add-on while on roads, as I'd imagine skating through a forest or up a mountain would be difficult. Of course, this is Pokemon, so the realism argument may not always work...
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

    I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

    FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    None of your business
    Posts
    425

    Default

    I think the skates just replace the running shoes and not the bike.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chillin with my L'il Growlithe
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
    In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

    Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briguin View Post
    Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
    In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!
    Yes, this has been OVERLY speculated.
    But nonetheless you are right, it does hint character customization.
    I'm sure that we would all love to create our characters as we would like them to be percieved.
    I know how my character would look. Check out my sig!

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  23. #123
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,754

    Default

    I've watched the trailer about three times, and I can't believe that I just noticed the female playable character. I guess I was paying more attention to the graphics than the characters. But the graphics do look great, especially the battle scenes. It's nice to see innovation.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by briguin View Post
    Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
    In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!
    Except on the other hand, it could suggest that the Trainer is in his room getting ready for the adventure that awaits him in the [/insert name here] region. Plus I don't see the logics behind assuming that a mirror reflection indicates that there's avatar customization.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Except on the other hand, it could suggest that the Trainer is in his room getting ready for the adventure that awaits him in the [/insert name here] region. Plus I don't see the logics behind assuming that a mirror reflection indicates that there's avatar customization.
    In other rpg's it EXTREMELY common for customization to take place in front of a mirror. Look it up.
    Secondly if you search the symbolism of the mirror, it represents Reflection and Vanity.
    Both reflection and vanity are tools as that we use to recreate or reimagine appearances.
    Thirdly your opinion doesn't make sense to me, they could show the player getting ready in several other ways too.

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •