Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Trailer Discussion Thread

The trailer was good, hopefully they'll release another one closer to release.

The trailer thread is definitely becoming inactive. Hopefully another will be released next month...
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

I discovered something interesting while I was on DA. Someone brought up how in the trailer one of the npcs looked like a certain alchemist.

its______its____by_nothguy-d5rmra1.jpg

What do you think?
    "If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't, and contrariwise, everything it wouldn't be it would.
    You see?" - Alice Linddell

Black and White came out on my birthday:3

^ No. Just no.

It's a coincidence.

The NPC has a belt and different colored shoes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    In other rpg's it EXTREMELY common for customization to take place in front of a mirror. Look it up.
    Secondly if you search the symbolism of the mirror, it represents Reflection and Vanity.
    Both reflection and vanity are tools as that we use to recreate or reimagine appearances.
    Thirdly your opinion doesn't make sense to me, they could show the player getting ready in several other ways too.
    I don't see how the symbolism of the mirror is relevant. Reflection and Vanity can also suggest narcissism which I highly doubt GameFreak would use to shape their character around (being that it is a negative personality trait for one to have). Also, definitively speaking, Vanity does not allow for recreation or reimagination appearances, after all Vanity is excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements, further supporting the narcissistic suggestion.

And how does it not make sense? I usually look into a mirror to make sure I'm not messy before going somewhere, I'm sure others do too. And that's my point, what if instead of customization, the mirror scene was basically [insert player's name here] trying to clear himself/herself of messes before going out on a journey. And your counterargument doesn't really make sense, they could show customization in other ways without the use of a mirror such as having custom settings:
    1) http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/galler...ion.jpg?ec9f9b
    2) http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-cont...tomization.png
    3) http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1320932695.jpg
    In all of these video game examples, there is no use of a mirror to signify that it is a place where customization takes place. Therefore to say that customization is limited to viewing a mirror and extremely common to RPGs is to overgeneralize.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 18th January 2013 at 4:00 AM.

Customization would be awesome.
    White Elite Team:

Basically, people want customization. Therefore, when they saw the mirror in the trailer, they thought "Hey [insert game here] used a mirror for customization, so that must be what the mirror in the trailer was for!!!" The fans will always see what they want to see. I'm not saying the game won't have customization, just that the mirror scene is just as likely to have been a way to show off the entirety of the new character in a 3D setting. Besides, if they really wanted to reveal customization they would have made a big deal about it.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Considering the male character's glasses stay firmly in place mid-air when he swings on the tree vine (which apparently wasn't noticed by Game Freak when they put the trailer together), I'm guessing we'll have customization. Why else would the glasses be a separate model capable of leaving the player?

Some kind of customization will likely be revealed as a feature in the coming months; they wouldn't reveal it in the first trailer because they had bigger and better things to give focus to (first 3D main series game, mascot revelation, starter revelation, etc etc etc) I do believe seeing the mirror was a hint toward that, while also serving the purpose of revealing the new character style.

Quote Originally Posted by TWN View Post
    Considering the male character's glasses stay firmly in place mid-air when he swings on the tree vine (which apparently wasn't noticed by Game Freak when they put the trailer together), I'm guessing we'll have customization. Why else would the glasses be a separate model capable of leaving the player?

Some kind of customization will likely be revealed as a feature in the coming months; they wouldn't reveal it in the first trailer because they had bigger and better things to give focus to (first 3D main series game, mascot revelation, starter revelation, etc etc etc) I do believe seeing the mirror was a hint toward that, while also serving the purpose of revealing the new character style.
    Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation. Everyone, look at the trailer slowly at around 0:24. The characters glasses come off as he swings on the vines so they are separate to the rest of the character model. Also don't you think it's a little silly that the character even has glasses on his head like that? Seems a little pointless except for the fact that it could add to customisation options.

As with the mirror debate, there are so many games in which character customisation happens in front of a mirror. The reason being that a character would like to see the changes they have made to themselves before they accept the new combination of clothing, accessories etc. The biggest game this has happened in is GTA San Andreas which I'm sure many of you have played.

Now the mirror might be there for any other number of reasons but I feel that customisation is a major possibility this gen even if the nay-sayers want to put it down to the fans just wanting to see whatever they want to see. I have never thought character customisation would happen in any other gen but this time it does seem very likely. I think the character will be either the boy or girl that are in the trailer but I believe we will be able to change clothes, accessories and other things like that. We won't know until later in the year!
    Last edited by Emily101; 18th January 2013 at 2:27 PM.
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily101 View Post
    Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation...
    Pokemon fans have wanted customisable trainers for ages, but this is probably the biggest possibility yet that we'll get it. For one thing, why stick a mirror in the protag's room if not for that purpose? We've never had a mirror in the room before. PC, bed, clock, latest nintendo console for some product placement, sure, but never a mirror.

For another, the implementing of these glorious 3d graphics is the perfect importunity to really show off such a function. I maintain that there never would have been much point to customization before now - the sprites were so tiny you'd hardly have seen much difference. But with the advent of the 6th gen, it's clear that GF are going to want to be showcasing all the pretty visuals first and foremost. Customization isn't just possible; at this stage I'd say it's likely
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Does anybody else get chills when the see the trailer and hear the music ?

Quote Originally Posted by briguin View Post
    Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
    In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
    PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!
    Whoever said that it was entirely implausible is entirely stupid.
    I'm glad.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation. Everyone, look at the trailer slowly at around 0:24. The characters glasses come off as he swings on the vines so they are separate to the rest of the character model. Also don't you think it's a little silly that the character even has glasses on his head like that? Seems a little pointless except for the fact that it could add to customisation options.

As with the mirror debate, there are so many games in which character customisation happens in front of a mirror. The reason being that a character would like to see the changes they have made to themselves before they accept the new combination of clothing, accessories etc. The biggest game this has happened in is GTA San Andreas which I'm sure many of you have played.

Now the mirror might be there for any other number of reasons but I feel that customisation is a major possibility this gen even if the nay-sayers want to put it down to the fans just wanting to see whatever they want to see. I have never thought character customisation would happen in any other gen but this time it does seem very likely. I think the character will be either the boy or girl that are in the trailer but I believe we will be able to change clothes, accessories and other things like that. We won't know until later in the year!
    http://i.imgur.com/39SjL.png

How is that the biggest hint? Take a look at the photo again. By your logic, we should've expected the glasses to be on the ground (or otherwise dropping down the floors of the area) to indicate that the character has in fact lost his glasses. If that was the case, then yes, you'd have a strong point. Except there's a problem, the glasses seemingly gets stuck onto the rope itself, in the same position as the character jumped onto the rope. All this says to me is that it is an early copy of the game where there is a glitch evident. Why would it be silly for a person to have glasses on his head like that? I've seen many people put goggles or sunglasses right on the hat.

Also, just because "many" games do customization through looking at a mirror doesn't mean that GameFreak is going to use the other game developers' methods. It could very well be the case that Pokemon X and Y introduce customization but through different means (think Skyrim where the character is shown to you and you have the ability to change whatever you want). If anything GameFreak could make it a neat feature where you have something similar to a prop case and there would be selection of clothing available.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    Whoever said that it was entirely implausible is entirely stupid.
    I'm glad.
    Tbh, it should be plausible at the very least. We still don't have to full information necessary to judge if it exists or not. People who act like it's imperative simply fail to notice that it's a speculation, and that they don't have enough information to conclude either side.
    Last edited by BurningWhiteKyurem; 18th January 2013 at 9:48 PM.

While seeing the trailer again the male character swinging from the rope I'm sure other's before me have noticed this as well. When the boy jumps to the rope the glasses stay in place, possibly a glitch with the jumping animation to the rope. However you guys this means that the glasses are separate from the characters model. Now this doesn't fully confirm customization is going to be in the game, but this does mean it's a possibility.
    I do find it funny though that Game Freak didn't notice it before releasing the game. Then again I didn't notice it after watching at least a dozen times if not more. Plus this just speculation you guys no reason to start fighting over it, just gotta wait to see what new information get's released in the next few months

Also I just want to add in with the whole customization deal, I to had the idea for character customization when I first saw the boy in front of the mirror. Yes it's a possibility that the mirror scene is just in the beginning of the game seeing yourself in your room just before you start your adventure. However I think if customization is added in after your done customizing, your character could look in a mirror for a more realistic feel(cause who doesn't look in a mirror when trying on something). An like in most Rpg's that BurningWhiteKyurem has posted they don't have a mirror, but then again that doesn't mean it won't be used we just dont' know.
    However the only game that I know of that use's a mirror while your customizing your character is in The Sims.(sure there's more games but this is the only one that I know of)

the-sims-2-20051024021917424_640w.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

How is that the biggest hint? Take a look at the photo again. By your logic, we should've expected the glasses to be on the ground (or otherwise dropping down the floors of the area) to indicate that the character has in fact lost his glasses. If that was the case, then yes, you'd have a strong point. Except there's a problem, the glasses seemingly gets stuck onto the rope itself, in the same position as the character jumped onto the rope. All this says to me is that it is an early copy of the game where there is a glitch evident. Why would it be silly for a person to have glasses on his head like that? I've seen many people put goggles or sunglasses right on the hat.

Also, just because "many" games do customization through looking at a mirror doesn't mean that GameFreak is going to use the other game developers' methods. It could very well be the case that Pokemon X and Y introduce customization but through different means (think Skyrim where the character is shown to you and you have the ability to change whatever you want). If anything GameFreak could make it a neat feature where you have something similar to a prop case and there would be selection of clothing available.

Tbh, it should be plausible at the very least. We still don't have to full information necessary to judge if it exists or not. People who act like it's imperative simply fail to notice that it's a speculation, and that they don't have enough information to conclude either side.
    So by your logic the character's hat can be removed via glitch? No, because its part of his model (most likely). The glasses on the other hand are not part of his model so they fell off ergo "biggest hint" towards costumization.

I said that the glasses are a separate model to the rest of the character. Falling on the ground has nothing to do with it. By my logic, the glasses leaving the character's body means that it is a separate entity that was designed apart from the actual character. In other words it is removable. Please read my post properly before making a reply like that.

I stated that the mirror could mean a number of things already.
    Last edited by Emily101; 19th January 2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Typo

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

On the topic of character customization i think it would be a great idea. Many other games let you do it, so why not pokemon? I think the reason it hasn't already appeared is because they were worried people would spend years customizing their character and lose focus on the actual goal. (which i'm sure you all know.) Also, if they are introducing this then why did they make the player in the trailer look like the one from black and white? (just a thought)
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

It hasn't already appeared because the characters are so small! There is a major difference in gen 6 as you can see each item of clothing they are wearing quite clearly.

The 3D character models in Pokemon X and Y are perfect for character customization. Before the sprites were just to small, it would still have been possible to have it although IMO it just wouldn't have been as great. With these 3D models we can actually see are character with great detail. If customization is added(I'm hopping) into the game it's not going to be like change your height, weight, skin tone, or your face it's going to be just your clothing with the exception of possibly changing your hair.
    If they do add it in we won't be seeing a couple hundred different types of clothing ranging from hats, shirts, pants, shoes, etc. However what I'd like to see is if they add in pokemon style clothing and other clothing that looks like pokemon(limited of course). There could even be downloads to get special clothing like Gen starter hats, legendary pokemon clothing, etc.
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Quote Originally Posted by RedCrow07 View Post
    So by your logic the character's hat can be removed via glitch? No, because its part of his model (most likely). The glasses on the other hand are not part of his model so they fell off ergo "biggest hint" towards costumization.
    Where did I say that non-models can be removed through glitches? All I showed is that people shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that custom options are there because of a glitch. GameFreak isn't called Troll Freak without reason. Also hat being part of the model makes no sense, considering that other options usually have the character's body and then you have a choice as to what types of clothing you'd want your avatar to have (again think Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Sims etc.).

I said that the glasses are a separate model to the rest of the character. Falling on the ground has nothing to do with it. By my logic, the glasses leaving the character's body means that it is a separate entity that was designed apart from the actual character. In other words it is removable. Please read my post properly before making a reply like that.

I stated that the mirror could mean a number of things already.
    And I countered by saying that it can't mean anything (such as people saying customization) because it resulted in a "glitch." The results are too inconclusive to argue that it means customization. It doesn't make sense for it to be sticking onto the rope as the Player jumped and swung.

And you should read my previous post about mirrors. TL;DR - Just because a mirror is there doesn't mean that it guarantees customization. There are many other ways that GameFreak can go about displaying customization options.

Where did I say that non-models can be removed through glitches? All I showed is that people shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that custom options are there because of a glitch. GameFreak isn't called Troll Freak without reason. Also hat being part of the model makes no sense, considering that other options usually have the character's body and then you have a choice as to what types of clothing you'd want your avatar to have (again think Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Sims etc.).

And I countered by saying that it can't mean anything (such as people saying customization) because it resulted in a "glitch." The results are too inconclusive to argue that it means customization. It doesn't make sense for it to be sticking onto the rope as the Player jumped and swung.

And you should read my previous post about mirrors. TL;DR - Just because a mirror is there doesn't mean that it guarantees customization. There are many other ways that GameFreak can go about displaying customization options.
    If it's too long for you to read then don't reply. It resulted in a glitch but the glasses came off the hat perfectly so they are modeled separately to the rest of the character. This is a stone cold fact. Glitch or not. I already replied to your comment about mirrors -_-

The mirror definitely points in the direction of custom characters.

On another topic, does anyone else think X/Y are the penultimate games of the Pokémon series? As in, a sequel called Z that is the last Pokémon game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    On another topic, does anyone else think X/Y are the penultimate games of the Pokémon series? As in, a sequel called Z that is the last Pokémon game?
    I doubt considering that Pokemon is Nintendo second biggest money maker. I don't see as to why they would want to end the series to be honest.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    The mirror definitely points in the direction of custom characters.

No way. I can see the franchise going to greater heights after gen 6. Why in the world would the second most lucrative game franchise stop.

I am not African-American, but I have always thought it is a little unfair to African-American's that they play as a Caucasian protagonist every game. I hope that X & Y also bring skin color customization.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast