Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    Yup and that's what I'm doing. Merely voicing my opinion here. The glory of Pokemon died in Gen 4. RIP true Pokemon, hello crappy ones.
    But.. you haven't even seen all of them. Only five have been revealed, so you can't really say that all of them are crappy yet. When they are all released, then you have every right to bash them, but you are judging an entire generation based off of something you haven't even seen.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Encinitas,CA
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Ok sorry people XD must have miss that, I just though that showing them in the trailer does not 100% mean that you will be able to catch them right from the start.

    Back home! TO HOENN!

    Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    So potentially we have anywhere between 150 or less New Pokemon this Gen. It can't succeed to 800 Pokemon because then they would had said so. Man.. I wonder which Pokemon will have the honor of number 1,000?
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

    Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Encinitas,CA
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illucio View Post
    So potentially we have anywhere between 150 or less New Pokemon this Gen. It can't succeed to 800 Pokemon because then they would had said so. Man.. I wonder which Pokemon will have the honor of number 1,000?
    If it was just 700 it would be 56 new pokemon (if I did the math right) so it would have to be 794 to be 150 new pokemon, and I don't think it will go that high. Maybe 106 new ones so it 750 total.

    Back home! TO HOENN!

    Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    Yup and that's what I'm doing. Merely voicing my opinion here. The glory of Pokemon died in Gen 4. RIP true Pokemon, hello crappy ones.
    Some people think the glory of Pokemon died with the original 151 (Or 153 if you include Ho-Oh and Togepi.) But then people argued the 2nd Gen was always going to happened and that the main series ended with Gold and Silver. But newer fans thought the 3rd Gen was the Final Glory, or so did 4th Gen fans.

    Long story short, some people find some designs crappy but get used to them, there are terrible designs in the 1st-4th gen in peoples opinion. But again, PEOPLES OPINION. Just because you don't like the design doesn't mean they are not true Pokemon.

    Personally I'm laughing because you feel as thoughl the 4th Gen is when true Pokemon died. When I for one hand never heard anyone regard the 4th Gen as a "True" Generation. I can see the Point of Arceus, but again Pokemon aren't Gods that was clearly expressed in Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Or did you smash B and didn't bother to read any text?)

    Odds are that you are getting the game and you are going to enjoy it. So stop denying your love, because we all know your going to like the X and Y like the rest of us.
    Last edited by illucio; 9th January 2013 at 10:21 PM.
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

    Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304

    Default

    I hope they give the protagonist a personality like in LOZ Windwaker and use cutscene like dialog. Since your character blinks, facial expressions shouldn't be too much of a stretch. This game reminds me so much of windwaker and can really be an aesthetically pleasing experience if done well. Oh, and customization yadda yadda I wanna be able to look like myself in game yadda yadda. Also, still no pokemon following you? WHY NOT!? YOU HAVE 3D MODELS NOW GAMEFREAK! It could have been SO easy to implement them in game...

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Encinitas,CA
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    I hope they give the protagonist a personality like in LOZ Windwaker and use cutscene like dialog. Since your character blinks, facial expressions shouldn't be too much of a stretch. This game reminds me so much of windwaker and can really be an aesthetically pleasing experience if done well. Oh, and customization yadda yadda I wanna be able to look like myself in game yadda yadda. Also, still no pokemon following you? WHY NOT!? YOU HAVE 3D MODELS NOW GAMEFREAK! It could have been SO easy to implement them in game...
    Facial expressions would be cool.

    No voice acting though lol, unless we get to pick from a set of voices. Also I am really hoping for customization for hair color, eyes color, and outfits XD but that has been a dream of mine so the GBA games. lol

    Back home! TO HOENN!

    Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    If there is customization, I'm hoping that we will get to choose our default facial expression, because having that eternal smile is going to creep me out. Facial expressions are a must at this point because if the MC is smiling while legendaries are destroying the world or something, it will make our players look like sadistic villains.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Encinitas,CA
    Posts
    685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    If there is customization, I'm hoping that we will get to choose our default facial expression, because having that eternal smile is going to creep me out. Facial expressions are a must at this point because if the MC is smiling while legendaries are destroying the world or something, it will make our players look like sadistic villains.
    Haha, I see what you mean XD that would be so funny to see though. "Pokemon X and Y, where you smile while the world burns!"

    Back home! TO HOENN!

    Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    If there is customization, I'm hoping that we will get to choose our default facial expression, because having that eternal smile is going to creep me out. Facial expressions are a must at this point because if the MC is smiling while legendaries are destroying the world or something, it will make our players look like sadistic villains.
    *walks up to bad guy grunt*
    "What?"
    *smiles*
    "what.do.you.want!?"
    *smiles*
    *takes a few steps back* "umm..."
    *smiles*

    yeah, i see your point. XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my Pokémon Journey
    Posts
    62

    Default

    My main concerns at the moment are, how will Serebii be able to do PokéDex for Gen 6 if there's no sprites? I'm also worried that we might not be able to bring over our Pokémon from B/W/B2/W2 since everything is in full 3D...? I mean, I know it was no problem with R/S/E/FR/LG to/from C/XD. I'm sure that we will be able to bring our beloved Pokémon. But no matter what there's still a tiny hint of worry...
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

    Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    My main concerns at the moment are, how will Serebii be able to do PokéDex for Gen 6 if there's no sprites? I'm also worried that we might not be able to bring over our Pokémon from B/W/B2/W2 since everything is in full 3D...? I mean, I know it was no problem with R/S/E/FR/LG to/from C/XD. I'm sure that we will be able to bring our beloved Pokémon. But no matter what there's still a tiny hint of worry...
    im sure that serebii will adapt, he did with pokearth and the unova region.

    im sure that we'll be able to transfer over out pokemon, it would be stupid not to.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hever View Post
    Yup and that's what I'm doing. Merely voicing my opinion here. The glory of Pokemon died in Gen 4. RIP true Pokemon, hello crappy ones.
    That's hardly an opinion, at least not one you're stating properly.

    If you are speaking generally, then you're simply wrong. Pokemon never died at any point as it's still going(Strong no less). More over, the designs themselves are always subjective no matter what. The only real argument one can really have for a design being bad would be if it's offensive or inappropriate, we had Jynx, it was changed, probably never will have an offensive one again. Remoraid and Octilleraly have some bases of gun and cannons, as well as Blastoise having cannons on it's back and a few Pokemon with knife-like weapons, these could be considered inappropriate as kids are the main target, however, I don't believe any issue has been brought from it and probably never will so long as they don't slap on a bunch of obvious guns and other such things for the Pokemon, and even then it probably wont be an issue. At this day and age, kids see worst in other thing so it's doubtful Pokemon will ever have an inappropriate material that you wouldn't find worse anywhere else. Other then offensive and inappropriate designs, they never can really be "crappy" in general, only for individuals.

    Now if you were to be stating an actual opinion, then stuff like "I" or "Me" are expected to be used in the actual statement(Slapping "IMO" onto something doesn't automatically make it an opinion), not to mention, actually being respectful and acknowledging others opinions are another part of the whole thing. So saying something like "This all sucks, this game sucks, not good anymore. Just my opinion", isn't an actual opinion, however saying "For me personal, I'm not really interested in these, I've enjoyed the previous ones more", is an actual opinion as it's clear for one, and respectful(Or at least not disrespectful).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  14. #264
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    My main concerns at the moment are, how will Serebii be able to do PokéDex for Gen 6 if there's no sprites? I'm also worried that we might not be able to bring over our Pokémon from B/W/B2/W2 since everything is in full 3D...? I mean, I know it was no problem with R/S/E/FR/LG to/from C/XD. I'm sure that we will be able to bring our beloved Pokémon. But no matter what there's still a tiny hint of worry...
    Serebii has his methods. You can trust that.

    As for transferring Pokemon. The most important thing here is the data, not the graphics
    Pretty sure there will be a way. And let's just hope it's free.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  15. #265
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    9

    Default

    What will Surfing and Flying look like? I feel as if this game comes with alot of challenges.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bowling Green,Kentucky
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I've seen so much, dare I say it, whining about the models (possibly) replacing all sprites in the game. It is expected! This is the first time a main series Pokemon game is going 3D! Obviously you can prefer sprites over models and vice versa, but come on now. The franchise is taking a step forward and you can either keep following along or not buy the games at all. Not saying that 6th gen has to be your favorite, but they are a new generation of Pokemon and games. Serious changes will be made.
    ~-~-~-Furret Fatale-~-~-~

  17. #267
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    My main concerns at the moment are, how will Serebii be able to do PokéDex for Gen 6 if there's no sprites? I'm also worried that we might not be able to bring over our Pokémon from B/W/B2/W2 since everything is in full 3D...? I mean, I know it was no problem with R/S/E/FR/LG to/from C/XD. I'm sure that we will be able to bring our beloved Pokémon. But no matter what there's still a tiny hint of worry...
    People will rip the 3models like the ripped the sprites and Serebii will use it like he used the sprites before.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Kyurem View Post
    What will Surfing and Flying look like? I feel as if this game comes with alot of challenges.
    3D whale blob and 3D bird blob. I wish that they would be more specific, but we're probably getting the same blobs as last time, just 3D
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  19. #269
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my Pokémon Journey
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    3D whale blob and 3D bird blob. I wish that they would be more specific, but we're probably getting the same blobs as last time, just 3D
    It would be cool, if instead of just the blobs, if it actually showed the Pokémon using the HM.
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

    Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

  20. #270
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    3D whale blob and 3D bird blob. I wish that they would be more specific, but we're probably getting the same blobs as last time, just 3D
    I agree. I think it will just be a blob. But I hope to see at least an animation of the Pokemon you released jumping into the water before turning into a blob.

    *imagines Wailord jumping into a small pond*
    But then again, I think they won't do that.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  21. #271
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    It would be cool, if instead of just the blobs, if it actually showed the Pokémon using the HM.
    That's what I'd like. I'm not sure if it was like that a little in HG/SS with walking Pokemon or not, regardless, I'd like it more if they would do it. And if they do I wouldn't mind a little extra second for flying on our Pokemon(Although I imagine that may be a little weird for the smaller fliers).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    LaCrosse, Wi
    Posts
    74

    Default

    We've all wanted a 3d version to come out forever and now I just see everyone complaining...:-(
    i

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    That's what I'd like. I'm not sure if it was like that a little in HG/SS with walking Pokemon or not, regardless, I'd like it more if they would do it. And if they do I wouldn't mind a little extra second for flying on our Pokemon(Although I imagine that may be a little weird for the smaller fliers).
    that would be amazing!

    but what ive wanted (but will never happen) is to be able to control your flying pokemon (like in guardian signs)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    It's highly unlikely that they will make an specific animation for each Pokémon using an HM. If they had the resources for that, it would've been better making the Pokémon walk by our side, instead. Seems a little farfetched to me.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    It's highly unlikely that they will make an specific animation for each Pokémon using an HM. If they had the resources for that, it would've been better making the Pokémon walk by our side, instead. Seems a little farfetched to me.
    although the 3DS does have much greater power than the DS...
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 11 of 127 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •