Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    The trailer actually mentioned that the game footage used isn't final.
    Yea about that, it was mentioned at the beginning of the in game footage, and the beginning of the CG cutscene.. there was no reason for that... unless the cutscene's in game :/

We're not still going off the "the game looks bad" are we? I'm tired of pointing out what the trailer on the right hand side said while they first showed the male protagonist model. But again Castelia City, and Kid Icarus Uprising. That is all.
    Last edited by TheBattleFrontierAsh1; 12th January 2013 at 11:33 AM.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    Yea about that, it was mentioned at the beginning of the in game footage, and the beginning of the CG cutscene.. there was no reason for that... unless the cutscene's in game :/
    I can expect cut scenes in the game. BW had amazing cut scenes. I don't see why X and Y won't.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I can expect cut scenes in the game. BW had amazing cut scenes. I don't see why X and Y won't.
    I meant using the game's engine

I thought this looked better than B/W. Overworld and in Battle.
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader of the Storm Kings

Made by Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by FireTrainer92 View Post
    I thought this looked better than B/W. Overworld and in Battle.
    Same, I'm loving the graphics a lot
    Can wait to see the actually game footage

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I think it was because B/W was trying to keep sprites and do 3D which made things look too pixelated. With it being full 3D(for the most part) this isn't a issue and they can scale properly.
    Wandering Trainer with A Mysterious Past......
    FC:0216-1314-5642
    Former Leader of the Storm Kings

Made by Brutaka

I wonder how size difference will take place with the new battles
    Image joltic V yveltal, haha

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I wonder what the legendaries will look like with the art style used in battles. Let's hope CoroCoro has something to show us.

I hope the Attacks really uses the 3D effects well. ^^ And I hope that, when a Pkmn faints, it will fall over/lie down, and not just fall through the ground (which would look pretty hilarious in 3D I'm sure).
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I hope the Attacks really uses the 3D effects well. ^^ And I hope that, when a Pkmn faints, it will fall over/lie down, and not just fall through the ground (which would look pretty hilarious in 3D I'm sure).
    Portals!! lol... I agree, it would be nive if they actually had a fainting animation. Though animations and models for over 700 Pokémon, plus the overworld and everything will probably use a considerable amount of space in a 3DS cartridge. I hope they won't have to cut anything off. There's 4GB cartridges for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    Portals!! lol... I agree, it would be nive if they actually had a fainting animation. Though animations and models for over 700 Pokémon, plus the overworld and everything will probably use a considerable amount of space in a 3DS cartridge. I hope they won't have to cut anything off. There's 4GB cartridges for a reason.
    Well, Portans does make everything better in every way... but I would guess they actually will have Fainting animations, even if there are a lot of them. ^^ Though, I wouldn't mind much if they just Portaled away~

Also, there better be at least 750 Pkmn after this game... ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Well since in other 3D Pokemon games, all Pokemon had fainting animations, I would expect this game to be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by SoraNight View Post
    Well since in other 3D Pokemon games, all Pokemon had fainting animations, I would expect this game to be no different.
    Maybe they'll have animation of the Pokemon returning to its Pokeball. I'd like that idea.
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    As for overworld, one more thing.. When we see the character walking on what is presumably Route 3. The landscape in the background looks bad. Like Skyward Sword background bad.. I know a lot of people were excited about Skyward Sword, but I honestly got headaches from the backgrounds being so blurry.
    Oh and I just wanted to say that the "blurryness" was somewhat intentional in Skyward Sword. The game graphics are inspired by the artist father of cubism, Cezanne, and the backgrounds are supposed to resemble his artwork/have a more cubistic landscape feel when looked upon from far away. I never thought of it as blurry though, and never got headaches. But I guess we're all different people c:

In general DS three dimensional graphics tend to be a bit blurry though, I agree. At least in the 3DS it doesn't seem to have these washed out colours as DS games such as FFIV etc got. Instead it's very bright and colourful. The battle graphics are great. I can't wait. It'll feel like holding a tiny pokémon stadium or something.

I sort of hope the graphics with bigger trainer models might come with the possibility to slightly modify your trainer? That would be super fun and something a lot of people have been wanting for years!

Quote Originally Posted by SoraNight View Post
    I've got a feeling they'll just stick for the standard "falling through the ground" idea. Personally I don't think that the introduction of 3D graphics constitutes for a change in that respect of battle animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Plummy View Post
    Oh and I just wanted to say that the "blurryness" was somewhat intentional in Skyward Sword. The game graphics are inspired by the artist father of cubism, Cezanne, and the backgrounds are supposed to resemble his artwork/have a more cubistic landscape feel when looked upon from far away. I never thought of it as blurry though, and never got headaches. But I guess we're all different people c:
    I never really saw Cubist influences in Skyward Sword's graphics, just mainly Impressionist-influenced styles.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I don't like the new camera angle. Maybe if they bring it up I won't mind. And they may use sprites for the pokedex. Who knows?

Name: Archen
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by GroudonX View Post
    I don't like the new camera angle. Maybe if they bring it up I won't mind. And they may use sprites for the pokedex. Who knows?

I personally like the new angles. Personally I feel the only draw back from having all these new anmations are how much slower battles will become - more specifically how much slower EV training will become!
    I really hope then that there's a way to turn battle animations off like in previous games.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I'm curious to see what the animation will look like when you're surfing/fishing and you encounter a Gyarados !!
    NOVEMBER 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Maru90 View Post
    I'm curious to see what the animation will look like when you're surfing/fishing and you encounter a Gyarados !!
    Ooh! I would definatley love to see that! I would imagine a Gyrados would pop out of the water like how it poped out of the water fall in Pokemon Snap!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    Not to mention that the 3DS can install "Extra Data".

Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    Not to mention that the 3DS can install "Extra Data".
    Meaning what?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by RageKaiser View Post
    Meaning what?
    They can add new things into the game that wasn't there before.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They can add new things into the game that wasn't there before.
    Well that is some sexy news right there.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by Maru90 View Post
    I'm more curious about seeing the actual pokemon you're surfing/flying on, rather than the generic silhouette fish/bird thing.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast