Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Then Slyveon would be the 4th...

If it's a Flying-Type that is
    But it's a weird move though. And I mean that as it's not that common. There's Castform, Roserade, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and (somehow...) Vanilluxe that can learn it by level up. All the other Pokémon that can learn is by breeding or other special ways. I don't think that move is Weather Ball, not at all.

from the video i saw it could be brave bird

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    But it's a weird move though. And I mean that as it's not that common. There's Castform, Roserade, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and (somehow...) Vanilluxe that can learn it by level up. All the other Pokémon that can learn is by breeding or other special ways. I don't think that move is Weather Ball, not at all.
    True but Slyveon is a new Pokemon so they can make it's move pool whatever they want. Even if it wasn't new they could just alter it's move pool in a new gen so that it would learn Weather Ball. There have been plenty of Pokemon that were not able to learn a move in a prior gen but in a latter gen they are able to.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

I would totally love Weather Ball for Sylveon. It's not like if it wasn't cool at all !
    Here, notice by yourself. It's totally a sun form. I can't see why are people speculating Focus Blast. First, it's very similar to a fire attack, or a hot temperature move (Brave Bird is an example of none-fire type move with hot temperature). Am I the only one who see flames ?
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 15th February 2013 at 1:45 AM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    True but Slyveon is a new Pokemon so they can make it's move pool whatever they want. Even if it wasn't new they could just alter it's move pool in a new gen so that it would learn Weather Ball. There have been plenty of Pokemon that were not able to learn a move in a prior gen but in a latter gen they are able to.
    I understand that, don't get me wrong, it's just I don't see them giving her Weather Ball. It's such an oddball move. Honestly I think it could be a new move.

From the video I'm gonna have to guess either Brave Bird or Double Edge. Sounds weird for the second suggestion but since that move hits pretty hard it's a possibility personally.

I understand that, don't get me wrong, it's just I don't see them giving her Weather Ball. It's such an oddball move. Honestly I think it could be a new move.
    It could be anything we honestly don't know at this point.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 15th February 2013 at 1:59 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

From what we've seen of the battle footage of the new games, can we assume that the HP/XP bar has been shifted permanently to the bottom screen or does it simply disappear from the screen during attacks so that players can focus on the shiny new cinematic animations?

Or has GF simply not finished designing it yet?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I think the third move wasn't an attacking move, notice how Sylveon just stands there and no other Pokémon are seen.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    From what we've seen of the battle footage of the new games, can we assume that the HP/XP bar has been shifted permanently to the bottom screen or does it simply disappear from the screen during attacks so that players can focus on the shiny new cinematic animations?

Or has GF simply not finished designing it yet?
    I feel as if due to the 3D graphics and it seeming a bit weird to have a floating HP bar in the environment that the HP bars have been moved to the bottom screen, but it'd be towards the top of it I imagine.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

To be honest, I don't think they wanted to display the HP bar. From the Black 2 and White 2 trailer, the HP bar was only shown when going against someone on Wi-Fi or against a friend. Vs Kyurem, they didn't show it, so they're probably doing the same here. But, it really doesn't matter to me where the HP bar is, as long as it's still present.

How would it make sense if it's Weather Ball? There are only three Flying-types that can learn Weather Ball and two of them are Ho-Oh and Lugia, Drifloon can only learn it through breeding.

Well the first move is definitely not Giga Impact considering it's obviously not a Physical move...the third one doesn't resemble Yawn at all, it looks like an electric type move, it kind of looks like Zap Cannon.
    I like how your assuming that Sylveon is a flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    I think the third move wasn't an attacking move, notice how Sylveon just stands there and no other Pokémon are seen.
    I agree. But I just can't place my finger on ay of those moves, except swift, and trump card....
    I guess we know for sure that it'll learn swift, making the second of all eeveelutions to learn it. It would be
    Cooler if Sylveon received technician, definatley make good use out of swift...

How would it make sense if it's Weather Ball? There are only three Flying-types that can learn Weather Ball and two of them are Ho-Oh and Lugia, Drifloon can only learn it through breeding.

Well the first move is definitely not Giga Impact considering it's obviously not a Physical move...the third one doesn't resemble Yawn at all, it looks like an electric type move, it kind of looks like Zap Cannon.
    You kind of proved that person point with that weatherball tidbit.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

I think the second move is actually TWO attacks. The first being Trump Card, the second being some sort of slash. After all, Gligar DID flinch twice.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    I think the second move is actually TWO attacks. The first being Trump Card, the second being some sort of slash. After all, Gligar DID flinch twice.
    After all, Trump Card IS a slash.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

I think the moves are all moves eevee can learn without evolving. Double-Edge, Trump Card, something else, and Swift.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

By the looks of it, personally, the ribbons look like scarves and the eyes look very Aviator-esque.
    I would have hoped for something a little more graceful in a flying eeveeloution, but it seems not.
    However in saying that... Sylveon...?

sylvan[ sil-vuhn ]
    adjective
    1.*of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
    2.*consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
    3.*made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie314 View Post
    By the looks of it, personally, the ribbons look like scarves and the eyes look very Aviator-esque.
    I would have hoped for something a little more graceful in a flying eeveeloution, but it seems not.
    However in saying that... Sylveon...?

sylvan[ sil-vuhn ]
    adjective
    1.*of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
    2.*consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
    3.*made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.
    this isnt the right thread to be talking about that last part... but i also thought i should mention that
    "Sylv" can also be an onomatopoeia to the word "Sylph" which im sure you have already read about on various threads throught the X & Y discussion thread.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    this isnt the right thread to be talking about that last part... but i also thought i should mention that
    "Sylv" can also be an onomatopoeia to the word "Sylph" which im sure you have already read about on various threads throught the X & Y discussion thread.
    Is that a cheeky, sarcastic approach to telling me i'm in the wrong forum...?
    A simple redirection would have been more pleasant.
    But thanks anyway.

I can't wait to see the moves in this gen!
    Such great graphics
    Imagine, leafstorm,aqua ring,dragon dance, icicle spear, blizzard or Draco meteor.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

One thing I'd really like to see would be to see the Pokemon really using physical moves - for example, instead of a random sword animation, Grovyle uses Leaf Blade by having the leaves on its arms glow and then it jumps forward and slashes the opponent, like in the anime. That's gonna take a lot of work animating each individual Pokemon though so it's probably not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    One thing I'd really like to see would be to see the Pokemon really using physical moves - for example, instead of a random sword animation, Grovyle uses Leaf Blade by having the leaves on its arms glow and then it jumps forward and slashes the opponent, like in the anime. That's gonna take a lot of work animating each individual Pokemon though so it's probably not gonna happen.
    Froakie did an attack that involved physical contact in the trailer.

Froakie approached Patrat and actually did a scratch motion before disappearing and being replaced with scratch/slash motion lines.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I think the ,moves will work like battle revolution
    Pokemon having a special attack animation and a physical attack animation.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I wonder how much better fishing will look. You see the protagonist cast the line and maybe you can actually see it go underwater. That would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    I little bit like Pokémon Battle Revolution ?
    As said by Wulava, Froakie did a physical contact. But I don't think it's gonna be the same for every single Physical move...

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I wonder how much better fishing will look. You see the protagonist cast the line and maybe you can actually see it go underwater. That would be cool.
    It think this time, we'll get something different. Instead of pulling a rod without nothing on its line, I'm pretty sure we'll have a shadow of a fish every time you're taking out of the water a Pokémon. Instead of seeing every fish that you're fishing, we'll see a normal Magikarp shadow to represent every water Pokémon you're fishing. Something like this.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 17th February 2013 at 3:39 PM.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 30 of 127 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast