Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I wasn't aware that anyone liked pokemon to evolve late Oo, I personally hate it.

How about reducing the accuracy of +1 priority moves by 50%?

90 minute Pokemon XY presentation at E3

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I wasn't aware that anyone liked pokemon to evolve late Oo, I personally hate it.
    Yeah, I fould that odd. I hate it too, some even feel unnatural, like tynamo and gothita...
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    no. the lack of high base power compensates for them having +1 priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Well i think that especially starters evolve way to early, i mean, i choose froakie, and maybe even before my 2nd badge he is already evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    90 minute Pokemon XY presentation at E3
    Awesome! That would be a great place to showcase one or two more unreleased pokemon, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Nintendo has any big plans for E3 this year, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they make XY their flagship presentation and we get some big news out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    no. the lack of high base power compensates for them having +1 priority.
    And Extremespeed, the only exception to the low base power rule that I can think of, is learned only by a handful of pokemon, and those tend to be on the faster side already.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    No i mean, a really weak pokemon who evolve in lvl 80 or so in one of the strongest non legendary pokemon in existence.
    "Only truly powerful trainers can get it."
    No, that's even worse. I only use pokemon for the main story up until the 2nd champion battle. That's usually about level 67-72 ish. What's the point of raising a pokemon to level 80 when I will never use it outside battle facilities(which I don't do)? In fact, evolutions as late as 45 or so are already occurring fairly close to the initial E4 run, by which point all my pokemon should really have evolved.
    It's ok to make us wait for something good as long as it is good enough to justify the cost but there are also a decent amount of battles after it evolves to use it in.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    +1 priority moves are not overpowered at all, mainly because they always have very low power, about 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yeah, I fould that odd. I hate it too, some even feel unnatural, like tynamo and gothita...
    Speaking of this, I noticed a few things. 1. Unova pokemon evolve later than most other gens and 2. its proportional to their position in the dex.

The Unova part of the national dex is basically BW's regional dex which is ordered based on when you can access the pokemon. Basically, the evolution levels of the unova dex were designed to give you at least 10 levels or so in each stage before evolution if you're playing BW.

I can only say that this was incredibly short-sighted, since now some pokemon like the Venipede line(Pinwheel forest) are blessed with early evolutions while stuff like the Deino line (Victory Road) are cursed with the highest evolution levels in pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Yeah, we'll defo have more, we havent seen any cave, desert, water, snow and building battlegrounds yet. I posted about gyms having signature arenas as well Would be epic.
    Just hope that the league is in stadiums, just like the anime. http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images...6048340091.jpg
    I know that game and anime are not the same, but i always hoped on a league just as the anime, with something around 64 participants, and a random draw, knock out system. Just like the PWT in bw2.

I think they really know how to increase the suspense of the audience while only revealing bits and pieces. However almost everyone is happy by the looks of the current gameplay(riding a goat, siting on benches, moving diagonally) so i guess they are doing a pretty darn good job and well...... lets wait for the E3
    (Enter Signature Here)

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Well i think that especially starters evolve way to early, i mean, i choose froakie, and maybe even before my 2nd badge he is already evolved.
    Too early? I think 16-18 is fine anything evolve past 60 is exageration imo.

Too early? I think 16-18 is fine anything evolve past 60 is exageration imo.
    Also, the B cancel exists for a reason. If you don't want your Pokemon to evolve early, they don't have to.

It helps if you cycle through your team so that you aren't focusing all of your ex points on one single pokemon.
    I always try to cycle them so that they are all on the same level.

My starter is usually NOT my lead Pokemon.

Sorry to go off the recent topic, but I was looking at the picture of route 3, and noticed the ledges. With diagonal movement implemented into the games, does that mean we can enter a city in any direction, meaning if we see a town, it will no longer be linearly in front of us, but be placed in unique spots and we have to enter it from angles or pathways. Sorry for that rough example btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Sorry to go off the recent topic, but I was looking at the picture of route 3, and noticed the ledges. With diagonal movement implemented into the games, does that mean we can enter a city in any direction, meaning if we see a town, it will no longer be linearly in front of us, but be placed in unique spots and we have to enter it from angles or pathways. Sorry for that rough example btw.
    We can't be sure. From the whiteness when entering Lumiose City, I think it'll be same as the old Pokemon games or at least a Zelda style where there's a blank screen between entering different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberworrier94 View Post
    Depends on on the town actually.
    But looking at the Kalos map. We see a lot of cities and routes that are diagonal.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsOfSilver View Post
    We can't be sure. From the whiteness when entering Lumiose City, I think it'll be same as the old Pokemon games or at least a Zelda style where there's a blank screen between entering different areas.
    Obviously, some cities would have gates. Some just have an open entrance/exit that doesn't require loading (the town with the Roselia fountain for example).

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I think the transition between routes and cities, or the implementation of gates will depend on the size of a city or route. the larger the places you're traveling between, the more likely there will be a gate (hopefully not just a blank scree like the infamous nimbassa city split)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Whenevr I saw the video with magikarp flopping on the ground that got me thinking, do you think that they could make fish pokemon and other marine animals who cant move on land flop or sit on the ground or something? Because in just about every 3d pokemon battle game so far they've usually been just floating in midair. Also when actually in the water they can have a separate animation for swimming in battle. Sorry if im a bit incoherant me and my brother had a little too much fun today if you catch my drift.

Yep, right one this time lol
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    Whenevr I saw the video with magikarp flopping on the ground that got me thinking, do you think that they could make fish pokemon and other marine animals who cant move on land flop or sit on the ground or something? Because in just about every 3d pokemon battle game so far they've usually been just floating in midair. Also when actually in the water they can have a separate animation for swimming in battle. Sorry if im a bit incoherant me and my brother had a little too much fun today if you catch my drift.

Yep, right one this time lol
    In the trailer, Gyarados was floating in midair. Other fish Pokemon might just float as well.
    Magikarp is kinda special so it could be exclusive to it.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    In the trailer, Gyarados was floating in midair. Other fish Pokemon might just float as well.
    Magikarp is kinda special so it could be exclusive to it.
    Considering the models are basically updated from the same models we've been seeing for years, yes of course its this

Magikarp's entire thing is being pointless and only flopping around. I think you'd have an easier time pointing out instances where it ISN'T flopping around while the others float

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Considering the models are basically updated from the same models we've been seeing for years, yes of course its this

Magikarp's entire thing is being pointless and only flopping around. I think you'd have an easier time pointing out instances where it ISN'T flopping around while the others float
    Ive always thought it was really weird though how the fish were floating in midair, like for instance, goldeen, or wailord. I think that it would be nice that instead of floating in midair they could lie on the ground OR if you are on a water tile actually be in the water instead of sitting on a rock.

Also, gyarados is part flying type it floating in midair actually make sense.
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

I want earthquake to do something like this.
    I mean, the way it currently looks is accurate for an earthquake, albeit not a massively powerful one, but I feel a 100 power move should look more.. powerful?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I want earthquake to do something like this.
    I mean, the way it currently looks is accurate for an earthquake, albeit not a massively powerful one, but I feel a 100 power move should look more.. powerful?
    Didn't Fissure's animation show the ground coming up, emitting a dark red glow, and show an evil face? Maybe Earthquake can just shake the screen and then come up from the ground, bringing up some spikes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Didn't Fissure's animation show the ground coming up, emitting a dark red glow, and show an evil face? Maybe Earthquake can just shake the screen and then come up from the ground, bringing up some spikes as well.
    There is no evil face during its animation.

Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    Ive always thought it was really weird though how the fish were floating in midair, like for instance, goldeen, or wailord. I think that it would be nice that instead of floating in midair they could lie on the ground OR if you are on a water tile actually be in the water instead of sitting on a rock.

Also, gyarados is part flying type it floating in midair actually make sense.
    If you look closely, they sort of abstract it a bit. Bar magikarp (& I think Gyarados & Mantine), you can make out air bubbles coming out around the mouth as if they were in water

Page 59 of 127 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast