Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I prefer the way they look in XY then they do on the Pro/3D. I like that it looks like the artwork. The colours look alot more clearer and brighter. It's a nice contrast coz I though Unova was a very dark game and had quite a few dark designs.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Didn't they say that they chose cel-shading not because "it looks cool", but because they specifically wanted to mimic the art style of the official Sugimori art? That's why the color textures of the Pokemon are being taken directly from the official art. Personally, I'm glad they're going that direction, because when we actually see the graphics on our 3DS systems rather than freaking Youtube, it will probably look like animated Sugimori art, which is really epic.
    It also avoids the terrrrrible problem the pokedex 3d (& PBR & to an extent Stadium) models have of looking too, uh, smooth?
    Like too much like a shape

Erm

Like if you look at Snivy or Koffing you'll see what I mean

I love how they're sticking super close to Sugimori's art for the in-game models. Although, I do hope they make an exception with Gallade and don't follow the official art too closely. I prefer its elbow blades shorter, the way they are in the Gen V sprite.
    Last edited by Underachiever007; 18th July 2013 at 6:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    I love how they're sticking super close to Sugimori's art for the in-game models. Although, I do hope they make an exception with Gallade and don't follow the official art too closely. I prefer its elbow blades shorter, the way they are in the Gen V sprite.
    He can extend the blades at will, so there's no set "length" for them. He'll probably extend the blades while in battle, and have them shorter while out of battle. Like sheathed and unsheathed Honedge. I'd love that.
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

Quote Originally Posted by XGallade View Post
    He can extend the blades at will, so there's no set "length" for them. He'll probably extend the blades while in battle, and have them shorter while out of battle. Like sheathed and unsheathed Honedge. I'd love that.
    Is that from the anime? Because I don't remember that from its Pokedex entry. Though, to be fair, I've only read the one in HG, which was the last time I used Gallade.

Is that from the anime? Because I don't remember that from its Pokedex entry. Though, to be fair, I've only read the one in HG, which was the last time I used Gallade.
    In the P/HG/SS sprites, one blade is long, the other is short

I love how their adopting the Sumigori art style! So much Pokemon had different colors from the art, one of the worst offenders being Golem, but we know that's fixed!

Though I'm wondering of Machoke will stay purple, or become the blue the rest of the family is...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    In the P/HG/SS sprites, one blade is long, the other is short
    I always thought that was a weird perspective thing.

Funny how HGSS's Pokedex entry is the only one that doesn't mention it.
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

Quote Originally Posted by XGallade View Post

Funny how HGSS's Pokedex entry is the only one that doesn't mention it.
    That's hilarious. I only read Pokedex entries sporadically these days. Oh well, learned something new about one of my favorite Pokes today.

Gallade also extends/retracts his arm blades in the PBR (& presumably Pokedex Pro) models, so I'm sure it will do the same here

I always thought that was a weird perspective thing.
    That's actually how it's done in the sugimori art as well. His right hand blade is extended while the left is retracted. For some reason Gen5 sprites(and the DW artwork) have both blades retracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

I have really high hopes that one of the most annoying Sugimori-game art differences will be corrected. I have always hated how Forretress is silverish-white on its shell in the anime/Sugimori art and purple in the games. This time, hopefully, that will be corrected! Yay for silverish-white Forretress!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    I have really high hopes that one of the most annoying Sugimori-game art differences will be corrected. I have always hated how Forretress is silverish-white on its shell in the anime/Sugimori art and purple in the games. This time, hopefully, that will be corrected! Yay for silverish-white Forretress!
    BW was a bit better, but still you can see the purple in it.

well surfing is not on our pokemon
    on a shadow kneeling like usual

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

WHOOP FISHING!
    Surfing doesn't look too bad actually.

Anyone else find Double Battles look a little goofy?
    I don't mean in terms of screen real estate or whatever, that actually looks nice but uh

The fact that every Pokemon has their own circle rather than sharing one
    Looks a little silly to me

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I don't mean in terms of screen real estate or whatever, that actually looks nice but uh

I'm actually annoyed that the pokemon still get their own circle when battling. It stands out to my eyes and for some reason it bothers me. But yes, having double team where each have their own circle does seem silly since they're supposed to be teaming up against their opponent. Where did you get that screenshot from? I wonder how triple battles are going to work. In Unova when they introduced it, the triple battles were random and you couldn't tell when it was coming up.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I though that was silly also, and just looks weird, still hopefully they improved that in the next games.

From Pokemon SMASH's gameplay demonstration

They could get away with one platform previously because they were just sprites and if they ran out of space the sprites simply overlapped. If they did that with 3D models then they would clip into eachother. That's also why the double partners here are actually placed quite far apart so we don't have two Wailords morphing into one giant super-Wailord.

At least they don't have circles in horde battles...

EDIT: Oh and for what it's worth, the circles are still 'connected' in the middle.

It's at this point where I begin to question why the hell do circles when pokemon begin to battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    They could get away with one platform previously because they were just sprites and if they ran out of space the sprites simply overlapped. If they did that with 3D models then they would clip into eachother. That's also why the double partners here are actually placed quite far apart so we don't have two Wailords morphing into one giant super-Wailord.

At least they don't have circles in horde battles...
    My issue (well "issue" it's not that big of a deal & I'll get over it) is that they could have just made one large circle/oval and just had both Pokemon on top of it.
    They could still space them out just fine

My issue (well "issue" it's not that big of a deal & I'll get over it) is that they could have just made one large circle/oval and just had both Pokemon on top of it.
    They could still space them out just fine
    If they made one big circle it might overlap with the opponent's circle. I can't be sure with just that one screenshot though.
    And ovals would be equally weird as two separate circles imo.

Is there any footage of the double battle the only one I can find is them catching fletchling and inkay?

Anyway compared to the other 3D pokemon games the battles (from what was shown) seem relatively fast-paced, knowing that most of the animations won't take forever is very relieving.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

It also avoids the terrrrrible problem the pokedex 3d (& PBR & to an extent Stadium) models have of looking too, uh, smooth?
    Like too much like a shape

Erm

Like if you look at Snivy or Koffing you'll see what I mean
    Or Reshiram, his 3D art is terrible. He always looks grumpy...
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    Is there any footage of the double battle the only one I can find is them catching fletchling and inkay?

Anyway compared to the other 3D pokemon games the battles (from what was shown) seem relatively fast-paced, knowing that most of the animations won't take forever is very relieving.
    Yup and thats why I always said Cellshading was the ideal, I never got into the console games.

Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast