Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I suppose anything other than grid-based movement will require an overhaul of game mechanics. Random encounters would be trickier without defined tiles, and hatching eggs would require something new too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I suppose anything other than grid-based movement will require an overhaul of game mechanics. Random encounters would be trickier without defined tiles, and hatching eggs would require something new too.
    How about 3ds's step counter for hatching eggs

Quote Originally Posted by mew92 View Post
    How about 3ds's step counter for hatching eggs
    That would make it too hard to hatch the eggs, IMO. It would still be fine (and would definitely stimulate exercising), though, it's not too bad of an idea. Using the internal clock for hatching seems like an easier way, but then it'd be pretty easy to fool the system.

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    That would make it too hard to hatch the eggs, IMO. It would still be fine (and would definitely stimulate exercising), though, it's not too bad of an idea. Using the internal clock for hatching seems like an easier way, but then it'd be pretty easy to fool the system.
    Not necessarily. I know nintendo have added some ways to prevent the system being fooled by use of the internal clock for other games, so it is possible (if you want an example, the Nintendogs game for 3ds prevents pretty much anything being done if you mess with the system)

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    I'm against using the clock because it means you have no control on exactly how fast or when an egg hatches and I expect GF will make egg hatching a very long process, like 15-40 minutes per egg or maybe even hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Eggs hatching via time passing instead of steps sounds awesome. If it were real, it would be something I would be excited for.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    Eggs hatching via time passing instead of steps sounds awesome. If it were real, it would be something I would be excited for.
    Hmmmm, that would be an interesting add. I'd certainly like that a lot. But, it would be kind off bad as well, because one wouldn't hours so their Pokemon could hatch.

It is still about nine months before the games come out. There is a possibility that the footage shown was mainly alpha gameplay and that the graphics will be improved throughout that period.

Do NOT make Fennekin repeat history GameFreak. I'm begging you!

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    I would rather have them implement three features:

:: Special Incubator Box in the PC. Place your Pokemon eggs in this PC box and wait for the egg to hatch once it reached the required time. Imagine hatching 30 eggs all at once.
    :: Same old mechanic. Hatch eggs via steps normally in the game when you have them in your Party.
    :: Utilize the pedometer function of the 3DS (only in Sleep-mode). Add the number of steps you took into the eggs you have in your party.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

:: Special Incubator Box in the PC. Place your Pokemon eggs in this PC box and wait for the egg to hatch once it reached the required time. Imagine hatching 30 eggs all at once.
    :: Same old mechanic. Hatch eggs via steps normally in the game when you have them in your Party.
    :: Utilize the pedometer function of the 3DS (only in Sleep-mode). Add the number of steps you took into the eggs you have in your party.
    I actually really like these ideas as mechanics. You could go into your PC and specify that you want a certain box to be an 'Incubator Box' so you can just go and deposit 30 eggs into like seven boxes...that's 210 new Pokes all at once! Way easier for breeding for a shiny.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

do you mean your 3ds steps would be added to your in game steps?
    cuz that seems good.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    do you mean your 3ds steps would be added to your in game steps?
    cuz that seems good.
    Yep. Those.

These are absolutely genius ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I love the mass hatching idea. Which reminds me, we still haven't got a mass releasing feature.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    I love the mass hatching idea. Which reminds me, we still haven't got a mass releasing feature.
    Or a mass trading feature, which I'm surprised hasn't been done yet.
    Omega Rubyand Alpha Sapphire are coming!!!

Now its time for Sinnoh Confirmed!!!

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Mass trading would be a huge improvement. Another trading improvement would be the ability to trade like 2 pokermen for 1 or something
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Mass hatching AND mass trading would be really amazing to have. Very efficient and a huge time-saver.

An incubator box sounds like a great idea, which only makes sense since the Pokemon world is so technologically advanced. If they have found ways to disassemble and reassemble the molecular structure of living beings (i.e. Poke Balls) without any damage whatsoever to the life and memory of a Pokemon, I don't see why they didn't invent something to hatch eggs just by manipulating the temperature.

To add on, it'd be great if GameFreak added the option of selecting multiple Pokemon and hence mass commands (release, withdraw, deposit, etc.). It'd be much more convenient to be able to select a bunch of Ditto and move them all to a specific box rather than to drag and drop them one by one. Since we have had the touch screen for quite awhile now, this should be pretty easy to achieve.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Mass trading is something I've been wishiong for for a long time now. It would be awesome. And that feature to trade on POkémo for 2 or 3 or whatever is also in my wishlist. Mass hatching isn't, but it would be a cool addition too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    To add on, it'd be great if GameFreak added the option of selecting multiple Pokemon and hence mass commands (release, withdraw, deposit, etc.). It'd be much more convenient to be able to select a bunch of Ditto and move them all to a specific box rather than to drag and drop them one by one. Since we have had the touch screen for quite awhile now, this should be pretty easy to achieve.
    Mass commands were in BW2 actually. There's a button in the top left of the touchscreen that will switch it to 'mass mode' or whatever you want to call it. But mass trading would be brilliant. Imagine trading over pokemon by the boxful or being able to release all your junk pokemon at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but I imagine that now that we've 3d animations each Pokemon should have:
    > A standing pose.
    > A hit pose.
    > A winning pose.
    > A losing-fading pose.

And as I watch the trailer I noticed that some features kinda changed in the starters. If you look closely, Chespin spikes were sharper and Fennekin ear-hair were sharper as well. So maybe there is also a "Attack" animation as well. That would be so freaking awesome.

Ideally it would be cool if you can have one Pokemon out of its pokeball, which will mean also a "walking" animation.

Finally, I think there should be a mini-sprite for the selection panel. Maybe we will have sprites after all :P

I would not mind having a pokemon out of its pokeball, as long as I'm able to put it back in! I hated that feature.

I'm here for Sprites in the Party menu, instead of those small sprites that go up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbet View Post
    I'm here for Sprites in the Party menu, instead of those small sprites that go up and down.
    That would be awesome and a good way to preserve the sprites which are so traditional to Pokemon. Also they fit in the screen :O

What do you think the minigame for transferring pokemon will be? Do you think they'll reduce the amount of 6 pokemon to just 3 pokemon? lol

Page 19 of 127 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast