Page 36 of 127 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I think it has to do with GameFreak's inexperience with the 3DS. Let's remember, when we first got the DS/Lite/DSi, we had Diamond and Pearl, which albeit, wasn't all that graphically pleasing (more 3D, but it felt more or less like the GBA games minus the slowness). Then we had Platinum and HGSS, which somewhat improved from the engine. Then we had BW/BW2 where the overworld was just fantastic to watch (though some parts were terribly pixelated...nevertheless a HUGE improvement from DPPt/HGSS). I'm thinking it may take at least a generation before GameFreak unleashes the full graphical potential of the 3DS.
    well... i am sure the graphics will be great and as good as they can be on the system, they did say they are working on making them look better, and on the official site they do say it those aren't the final gameplay images...

Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    I rewatched the trailer and all of a sudden it came to me that the graphics aren't as nice as I'd remembered. For example, look at this screenshot here.     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Look at the grass - it looks awfully cartoony and flat, doesn't it? I hope that gets touched up before the final release.
    It's unlikely that we'll see vast improvements from what's already shown. I've never considered the 3D graphics in XY to be great the moment I saw them in the trailer. Mystery Dungeon was amazing, Rumble Blast was amazing, but XY pales in comparison. Partly because the overworld graphics is pretty messy as you've shown, and partly because I think cel shading doesn't look as impressive as proper "3D polygons" in PBR, as explained by carboncopy.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

You guys have to remember, these images are compresses several times, making them look choppy. They are first compressed by the screen, then by the camera, then by the video, next by your eyes. Add a step in between the video and your eyes for that picture. So, really, if it's just by our eyes, it'll look better, albeit it'll still not be 'as' good as MD and RB, because there is far more going to work in the world, with battles, effects, etc. then in MD or RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    You guys have to remember, these images are compresses several times, making them look choppy. They are first compressed by the screen, then by the camera, then by the video, next by your eyes. Add a step in between the video and your eyes for that picture. So, really, if it's just by our eyes, it'll look better, albeit it'll still not be 'as' good as MD and RB, because there is far more going to work in the world, with battles, effects, etc. then in MD or RB.
    I was actually referring to the trailer footage itself rather than these images. So unless the world was shown a low quality video clip, I think I can at least cut down my expectation for the ' first 3D Pokemon main game series".
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

For demo versions, a low-quality chip is actually likely. Since people look for bugs, not quality (not yet, at least), if they give them low-quality 3DS demos, it'll be recylcing their old demos and getting the bug testing done. Also, on the rumors/leaks that have come up, maybe it's a beta tester revealing what's in store? I mean, they're hired for testing, so losing that job isn't gonna affect much, since IIRC, testers are hired for one game and freelance. My uncle's a tester, and actually told me about MW3's Russian localization (he speaks/reads Russian and Yiddish), and it didn't affect him much.

Personally, i don't like the new character looks (The fact that they got so big) Every time a new Generation has come out, they have basicly enhanced the character size, and i've hated it every time i liked it better when the people on the screen were just small thingys :P I like the new battle style tho!
    Friend Code: 1392-6039-3595
    IGN: Bentsen

ONLY taking and offering LEGIT Pokémon
    My region is Europe.

My safari is Dark: Mightyena, Sandile and Inkay

Offering
        Spoiler:- Offering:

How can you not like the characters getting bigger? I mean, like, I love how they're closer to 13/14 (judging by their size, body, etc...), and most 13/14 year olds I know are as big if not bigger than their parents, unless they're really short, but I like the idea of an older and bigger protag. I mean, a ten year old saving the world? A teenager is more widely responsible (or not) with things and saving the world.

I just looked at the Pokedex 3D Pro model of Patrat and the X/Y model from the trailer and they're in the exact same position.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    I just looked at the Pokedex 3D Pro model of Patrat and the X/Y model from the trailer and they're in the exact same position.
    I thought about that as well, but the X/Y model for Krookodile has its mouth open, unlike its 3D Pro model.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Omg the best part is gonna be on 3d yay!!! ^^
    And no more sprites we are gonna have actual models on the pokemons.
    I hope we can see the trainers throw the pokeballs
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

Quote Originally Posted by StarSurgeX View Post
    R.I.P sprites
    Favorite Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    It's to be expected at this point. I mean honestly, they already have good 3D models designed there's no point in letting them go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSurgeX View Post
    Yep, agreeing with you. I think we'll probably see the Trainers as well. I don't think there's no reason not to. The only 3D battling games we didn't see out Trainer was Stadium and Stadium 2.

If there is trainer customization, I hope there are slight differences between trainers in the same class as well.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    If there is trainer customization, I hope there are slight differences between trainers in the same class as well.
    That would be nice....

I hate seeing the same Youngster over and over, and only being able to tell the difference by reading
    there names... face palm*

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Although it would be nice, trainer classes are meant to be generic so one class will remain the same. It's the same with most games.
    Only Important NPCs gets the special treatment.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Not sure if anybodies mentioned this, couldn't see it. been thinking with the new roller skate motion will we see the end of the bike, here's my rational. The roller skates are basically a faster version of run with a slower motion which must be much easier to code in the game rather than have totally different item, pose, game mechanic, motion which would all need to be coded into the game, if so I'd be pretty disappointed I loved the bike.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Not sure if anybodies mentioned this, couldn't see it. been thinking with the new roller skate motion will we see the end of the bike, here's my rational. The roller skates are basically a faster version of run with a slower motion which must be much easier to code in the game rather than have totally different item, pose, game mechanic, motion which would all need to be coded into the game, if so I'd be pretty disappointed I loved the bike.
    I personally think the bike will stay. Europe in general is known for its bikes especially France with its annual "Tour de France".
    I think of the skates as a substitute to the Running Shoes.

^Same. Running Shoes is old, and since this is a 'rebirth' of Pokemon, I think they'll be done away with.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    ^Same. Running Shoes is old, and since this is a 'rebirth' of Pokemon, I think they'll be done away with.
    Um but isn't the bike "older."

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    Um but isn't the bike "older."
    Yep, the bike is. Running Shoes were introduced in Generation 3. I prefer it the bike were to stay since Wulava brought up Tour de France.

...or scrap the bike and bring in a moped

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I personally think the bike will stay. Europe in general is known for its bikes especially France with its annual "Tour de France".
    I think of the skates as a substitute to the Running Shoes.
    Not to mention that many tourists do rollerblade in France and it's quite popular over there. I would like the bike to stay myself and have the rollerblades be an additional means of movement speed.

Perhaps there could be a route for rollerblading only, like in some of the previous gen.'s we had highways exclusively used for biking.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

The cutscene in bw were awesome, and I can only imagine the ones in the xy to be even better.
    Does anybody think that we will get voice overs for these cutscenes ?

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    The cutscene in bw were awesome, and I can only imagine the ones in the xy to be even better.
    Does anybody think that we will get voice overs for these cutscenes ?
    I don't think we'll get voice overs at all and be stuck with speech bubbles. But that would be interesting...

Still, I think we'll get vocal tracks in terms of music though.

Page 36 of 127 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast