Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3156

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

-Hi! I just wanted to say that I AM LOVING THE NEW BATTLE SCENES, the designers did a good job and the animation is very well done

-As for the overworld, maybe it's just youtube, but some of the 3D locations don't look too sharp (mainly the desert area), and I will be playing this on the 3DS XL, but I'm hoping that it will look sharper on the actual console.

My main question is how they will handle the battle backgrounds. Will the backgrounds be accustomed to the area the battle begins, or will all the background be generic to forest/ocean/desert/indoors and etc. I also wonder how they will handle surf-battles, since logically I don't understand how you could battle all your pokemon on top of water in the first place, and the Pokemon you surf on will have to battle too, but maybe they'll just keep all battles on land or rocks in the middle of the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Finaly each pokemon reacts to the attckas in a unique way. for me thats the best part !
    yea once I saw a pokemon use swift on excadrill or krookodile (forgot what one sorry) it actually moves back a bit. Now I can see how the pokemon reacts to my attacks. But now I think swift does even less damage after seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bento View Post
    -Hi! I just wanted to say that I AM LOVING THE NEW BATTLE SCENES, the designers did a good job and the animation is very well done

-As for the overworld, maybe it's just youtube, but some of the 3D locations don't look too sharp (mainly the desert area), and I will be playing this on the 3DS XL, but I'm hoping that it will look sharper on the actual console.

My main question is how they will handle the battle backgrounds. Will the backgrounds be accustomed to the area the battle begins, or will all the background be generic to forest/ocean/desert/indoors and etc. I also wonder how they will handle surf-battles, since logically I don't understand how you could battle all your pokemon on top of water in the first place, and the Pokemon you surf on will have to battle too, but maybe they'll just keep all battles on land or rocks in the middle of the ocean.
    Fromwhat we have seen each trailer looks better than the last with new little bits added (also they all say game footage not final) I think as they reveal more the game footage and graphics will get better. if you look at the grass in the first trailer when the starters are sent out then look at it in sylveons trailer ousee a difference then in Newtwos there are ledges behind the pokemon

That happened to me. Samurott used surf. he was first in my party so on a wild pokemon encounter I threw him out the pokeball but wouldnt I just fall in the water like him. I even sent out a fire pokemon in the water! WOA

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruaruler View Post
    One of the things that I love about the trailer is that they're using older Pokemon (obviously since they haven't released the new Pokemon yet) to show off the battling. Pokemon that we haven't seen in a while such as Machamp and all. I personally love the new battling, and as someone above said, they're getting better and better with each trailer. Which brings me to a question that just popped into my head. Do you think that they will use the 3D models used for Pokedex 3D or do you think they will alter them to either move differently, or have a different scale so that they fit in the battle environment and such?
    Ya know maybe this might have the biggest reigional pokedex ever beating Black White 2? I want some older pokemon to return like Pikachu,Lapras,Snorlax,Charizard and all our favourites!

Now that I think about it, one thing that I don't really like about the battling is that some of the attacks don't look as impactful as I usually envision them.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Now that I think about it, one thing that I don't really like about the battling is that some of the attacks don't look as impactful as I usually envision them.
    I know what you mean it might sound funny but when i battle i can picture the battle in my head and i imagin how my pokemon would move and launch the attack its like watching the anime in my head when i battle ingame

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I know what you mean it might sound funny but when i battle i can picture the battle in my head and i imagin how my pokemon would move and launch the attack its like watching the anime in my head when i battle ingame
    Yeah same I always envision my pokemon doing what they would do in the anime.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

On most cases, it surely will be generic.
    But surely we'll get special backgrounds too, especially if the location is unique such as ancient ruins, parks, cemetery, gyms, the Pokemon League, villain hideout, etc...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    I do this as well haha. I feel like it makes the game more fun.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I actually don't have a problem with the overworld. I guess it has something to do with finally having a 3D overworld.

But your right about it looking better on the actual 3DS. It's the case with all 3DS games.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The overworld doesn't look sharp because it isn't finished yet. It's still in the pre stages.

The overworld doesn't look sharp because it isn't finished yet. It's still in the pre stages.
    Yeah, and if I remember in the first trailer, we didn't have those ledge things in the background whereas in the Mewtwo one we now do, they still have 6 months of development time which is quite a lot of time

Quote Originally Posted by Xlate View Post
    Yeah, and if I remember in the first trailer, we didn't have those ledge things in the background whereas in the Mewtwo one we now do, they still have 6 months of development time which is quite a lot of time
    Exactly. I have a feeling that those ledges are going to be where they put the trainers.

Exactly. I have a feeling that those ledges are going to be where they put the trainers.
    Exatly the same thing I thought. ive already mentioned it but hopefully its PBR style

I wonder what the pokeball capture scene will be like will you see the player character throw the ball

also imagin seeing all your pokemon in there various pokeballs in 3D

I really cant wait for this game

I hope if they add a new HM it will be one that lead you surf in lava...something like the ranger games!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I hope if they add a new HM it will be one that lead you surf in lava...something like the ranger games!!
    Yes since the region is supposedly in Europe, maybe we will see like the city of Pompeii, Italy and go back in time or something weird when it was covered in volcanic ash or stop the volcano from erupting because secretly the new evil team is tampering with it.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    Yes since the region is supposedly in Europe, maybe we will see like the city of Pompeii, Italy and go back in time or something weird when it was covered in volcanic ash or stop the volcano from erupting because secretly the new evil team is tampering with it.
    I don't know if we can say that it's (supposedly) based on Europe. All we've seen so far are references to some major landmarks in France, and even then it's not enough to presume that the region will be based on France.

I love how the pokemon reel from being hit by a move... but especially how good gyarados looks

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

it's good that they have a getting hit animation, but why do they have to have a ring where they stand/float? it looks kinda weird.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    it's good that they have a getting hit animation, but why do they have to have a ring where they stand/float? it looks kinda weird.
    It's been around since RSE. Those circular spots (battle bases, or whatever it is called) are just emphasis on where you're standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It's been around since RSE. Those circular spots (battle bases, or whatever it is called) are just emphasis on where you're standing...
    It's been longer than that. It's not just Pokemon. I remember Shining Force on the Sega Genesis had those same circles. I think it has something to do with the visuals... instead of having graphics for the entire ground and eating up memory space they only do it for the portion immediately surrounding the poke so that it has a sense of space and dimension. #theorizing
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    It's been longer than that. It's not just Pokemon. I remember Shining Force on the Sega Genesis had those same circles. I think it has something to do with the visuals... instead of having graphics for the entire ground and eating up memory space they only do it for the portion immediately surrounding the poke so that it has a sense of space and dimension. #theorizing
    I'm only speaking from a Pokemon standpoint.
    But I don't think it has something to do with memory space. More like visuals.

Man, I hope they throw some customization options for your trainer in these games.

Been wanting that FOREVER!!!

Page 44 of 127 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast