Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I'm looking forward to what water pulse looks like, hoping that they've changed it; I just don't understand why it's a ring in the current games.
    Water pulse's description is somewhat similar to how whales/dolphins fire off sound pulses (echolocation):

The most logical shape for a front view of that image above would be rings of sound waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    I just hope they do. Pointless if not.
    Isn't fusion bolt already physical-like? Reshiram calls down fusion flare from the sky, but zekrom disappears and becomes fusion bolt itself. In any case, that's the problem with trying to balance out the two version mascots by having one specializing in Sp. Atk and one in Atk. Even though fusion bolt and fusion flare sound similar and have similar description, the difference in category made it necessary to differentiate the two in terms of animation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 23rd April 2013 at 1:11 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I hope that they make Sacred Fire, Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike look actually like physical moves in XY. Maybe for Sacred Fire, Ho-oh is coated in a aura of purple flames, and then tackles the opponent?
    I agree with Bolt Strike, but Sacred Fire and Fusion Bolt aren't supposed to make contact.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

I think Sacred Fire should look like it did in Meele; spiral of purgatory flames.

I hope that they make Sacred Fire, Fusion Bolt and Bolt Strike look actually like physical moves in XY. Maybe for Sacred Fire, Ho-oh is coated in a aura of purple flames, and then tackles the opponent?
    Fusion Bolt already showed some form of contact/physicality at work. Don't you see Zekrom/Kyurem-B immersing itself in energy before going up and rushing towards the opponent?

Just had a thought how odd/funny it will be to see Zoroarks Illusion ability in 3D with the pokemon looking liked hacked pokemon because of its moves

its odd watching it pretend to be my eevee right now then watching it use flamethrower or focus blast

october cant come fast enough

Remember in Gen. 3 we got that scientist talking about entering pokemon dreams and two generation's laater we got the Dream World, If I'm not wrong in Sinnoh a scientist talks about communicating with our pokemon....so maybe two generations later we get something that led us communicated with our mons....I love to scream "Pikachu used thunderbolt" in public!! Or maybe something that led us bond with our pokemon!!

Guys, guys... how do you think they're gonna show the move disable?
    The current one makes the opponent grow, turn black momentarily, then shrink again. And quite frankly it looks lazy and terrible.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Guys, guys... how do you think they're gonna show the move disable?
    The current one makes the opponent grow, turn black momentarily, then shrink again. And quite frankly it looks lazy and terrible.
    They will either make the Pokemon glow or have you send out a wave of energy that hit the target... making it grown and turn black momentarily

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Remember in Gen. 3 we got that scientist talking about entering pokemon dreams and two generation's laater we got the Dream World, If I'm not wrong in Sinnoh a scientist talks about communicating with our pokemon....so maybe two generations later we get something that led us communicated with our mons....I love to scream "Pikachu used thunderbolt" in public!! Or maybe something that led us bond with our pokemon!!
    While it is possible, speech recognition would be too tedious and too time consuming to develop. You have to make every move name's pronunciation (500+) recognizable by the system. And that 500 alone if just for the Japanese language. You have to consider the international versions too.

Anyway, one feature I would like to see is being able to pet your Pokemon.

With the Pokemon now in 3D, they could give us an option of being able to interact with the Pokemon on the status screen -- such as brushing its fur, or even massaging it yourself. This can greatly affect its friendship towards you.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

With the Pokemon now in 3D, they could give us an option of being able to interact with the Pokemon on the status screen -- such as brushing its fur, or even massaging it yourself. This can greatly affect its friendship towards you.
    That's a very nice idea, I have always wanted to have more interaction with my Pokemon. Being able to feed them, play with them and groom them would add a new level of closeness with your mons, it would make them feel more like living beings with whom you undergo personal growth during the adventure instead of a battle machine which you only heal.

A piercing gaze that makes you swallow... forever lurking in the shadows...

While it is possible, speech recognition would be too tedious and too time consuming to develop. You have to make every move name's pronunciation (500+) recognizable by the system. And that 500 alone if just for the Japanese language. You have to consider the international versions too.

Oh My Arceus!! Someone please send this idea to Game Freak ASAP!!

Also led them walk next to you in a park like the amity square but better!!

I could see verbal commands working if you had a limit of how many pokemon that could "remember" them - like say sound commands only work if they're in your party - and once they're not, they forget them, and the commands only work for the moves they know, and you have to reteach every time they get a new one. I can see it working like in Nintendogs, basically. Certainly not speech-recognition that they automatically know, of course.

This would only be interesting to me because I could train while also making lunch, and would be super-gimmicky.

Back in the 90s, there were three things that were popular with kids where I live. Digimon, Pokemon and Tamagotchi. Ultimately Pokemon triumphed over the rest due to its more in-depth gameplay, but I'm honestly surprised that the franchise didn't expand on the pet raising component other than having a hidden friendship meter, which was mainly used as a tool for evolution, and nature, which is just 25 random words for the different stats modification.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

One of the best ideas I've ever seen..., I think this is one of them. I just hope GF implements the Pokemon following you around, that would be great!

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

One of the best ideas I've ever seen..., I think this is one of them. I just hope GF implements the Pokemon following you around, that would be great!
    I don't want to see a Wailord's behind following me in 3D thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    That would be quite awesome actually. Just for the lulz.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Maybe its overworld sprite will be resized to fit in the graphical limitations.

Maybe its overworld sprite will be resized to fit in the graphical limitations.
    Even then the Wailord sprite will still have to be a good size bigger than the protagnist's sprite for the sake of being realistic and I don't think the camera angles will be suited to support this. It's not the be all, end all if Pokémon can't follow us around.

Yeah I'd rather have some Pokemon unable to follow you like Wailord and Giratina but still have size appropriate ones like Scizor and Murkrow.

Some people might be miffed but better something than nothing I say
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

^ Something like Amity Square would be alright I suppose.

Do you think that the pokes are going to get an entry animation n battle like gen 4 ?

Hoping they do, back on Battle Revolution they'd just grow into the battlefield once they've been released out of their Pokéball - which was pretty boring.
    Though the wild Pikachu we see in the trailer doesn't seem to have any sort of special animation along with it, I guess we'll need to wait until we get more footage of the game.
    Seriously cannot wait until we get another trailer..
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

Quote Originally Posted by Super Llama View Post
    Hoping they do, back on Battle Revolution they'd just grow into the battlefield once they've been released out of their Pokéball - which was pretty boring.
    Though the wild Pikachu we see in the trailer doesn't seem to have any sort of special animation along with it, I guess we'll need to wait until we get more footage of the game.
    Seriously cannot wait until we get another trailer..
    Ya, the PBR thing would be really stupid. I really hope they give the pokes some awesome animation.It will look really cool in 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    Yeah I'd rather have some Pokemon unable to follow you like Wailord and Giratina but still have size appropriate ones like Scizor and Murkrow.

Some people might be miffed but better something than nothing I say
    It's Pokemon. They'll probably use the excuse of the Professor making a shrink ray or expand on the size limit that HG/SS had. Like Wailord has a special area where you can ride it in, e.t.c.

And I'd like the Pokemon to have lifelike animations.

I'd like the Pokemon to have lifelike animations.
    Judging by the trailer... I think the Pokemon will be animated in a similar way to Gen V.

Page 46 of 127 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast