Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

We most likely won't be able to trade, but there will be some post game send up feature.

I'm excited to see what they can pull off with 3D models. Really just hoping for natural movements for a more fluid battle, but it's quite impossible to determine how it is going to look with, like, 30 seconds of battle gameplay.

Don't know why people are so upset with the models. I mean, it would be like complaining about Mario because he is no longer a sprite. I mean, I will miss the sprites, but the games gotta keep on evolving. They would have to use models at some point, so why not in the 3DS game?

I really want a transfer in this game, want to check out all my favorite Pokémon, 3D model style!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

The 3D will be good but it wont be an instant hit. I can tell

I think that the graphics look really good, but the protagonist of X and Y looks a bit like the main character from the new Animal Crossing... Ah, whatever. I feel as if these graphics are going to turn some people away, which is disappointing. I also think that Gen 6 will be Awesome!
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

These graphics really scream "revolution" from sprites. Not that I disliked the sprites but the scenes of the world were quite gorgeous personally.

the battle scenes looked awesome. i just didnt see where the hp bar would fit in

I still love the old gameplay graphics... actually i wished for different movements in battle but , i hope it's going to be great.

Black ID
    0175 - 7289 - 0552
    PPM

First Iranian Pokemon Group
    \m/ I'll DIE FOR METAL \m/
    The Real Fire

Please remember that recorded video of 3DS games usually suck bawls. Like they really generally suck and can't really be judged fairly until you actually see it on a 3DS.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

The graphics look great to me. The battles look better, but I have a feeling it'll take longer in battle.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

ever since i saw battle revolution i have been waiting for this. i am SO happy they updated the graphics.

imo about this new upgaming game is a bit harsh in my opinion...being a first generation person i personally don't mind the graphics i think its a step up and the pokemon attacks actually move for once...i hated how my boyfriend would make fun of that XD but anyway imo the pokemon new layout though is a bit horrible...im very dissapointed on the art style side of the the new pokemon...the graphics are amazing but the pokemon i want to puke...im not saying it will be a horrible game to play...im just saying i think nintendo is getting to the end of stretching and tryin something new to far...in a sum up about the game outside graphics for the 3ds is very nice but imo i really don't like the new pokemon set graphics...

I really like the battle graphics too. A major step up. I quite like the wild pokemon encounter sequence too. (If that's what it was.) Imagine coming across a shiny!

Name: Drainer
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

It's still possible that sprites could be used for the Pokedex and for Pokemon summaries. It'll be interesting to see what our bag is going to look like inside.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

I'm hoping they'll touch up the graphics a bit for the final release.

Compared to, say, PMD: Gates to Infinity, it's not that great for a 3DS game. Then again, it might've been necessary to go with lower quality graphics in order for them to feasibly fit all 649+ Pokemon in the game.

I am loving what I've seen of the battles regardless, though.

Hopefully, these fights will be faster-paced than they were on the old console games. I'm not here for eye candy, I'm here to prove my worth as best Pokemon Trainer in the history of me, and the last thing we need is to spend an entire minute to one-shot a Patrat.

Wondering how animations off will work for this game. It'll definitely seem odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Hopefully, these fights will be faster-paced than they were on the old console games. I'm not here for eye candy, I'm here to prove my worth as best Pokemon Trainer in the history of me, and the last thing we need is to spend an entire minute to one-shot a Patrat.

Wondering how animations off will work for this game. It'll definitely seem odd.
    agreed.

anything will be better than the horrible animated sprites.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I am very excited for the new gameplay. It gives players a reason to continue. Really, I love the style they had (and will miss it) but I am definitely prepared to try this. It looks great, and I will burst of joy as I slide the cartridge into my black 3DS. The open world style and new battle mechanics will be practically, a different game! I love it.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

I personally don't like the setup of the game at all. It's turning into a Digimon-style. Oh well, I'll still probably get it.

キバゴ

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

It seems most of the animations are fairly quick (the longest seemed to be Inferno) and I dont' see them going back to a slow text crawl or having the HP go down after the attack hits (Even PBR fixed that).

Assuming they have animations off (which they might not...), I could see them instead using a stock punch/tackle animation for physicals and a quick bound for specials/status. Something that has the pokemon not just stand there but will be quick enough so that it ends before the text crawl finishes.

IIRC (don't bash me to death if this is wrong, the last console fighter I played was XD:GoD like a year ago), what took so long in the past was the need to watch the Pokemon prep their attacks, stepping back and tilting their head for special attacks and running up for physical attacks. If they remove that, it'll probably be way quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by YaDunGoofed View Post
    I personally don't like the setup of the game at all. It's turning into a Digimon-style. Oh well, I'll still probably get it.
    You've GOT to be kidding. I thought the whole Pokemon vs. Digimon thing was over with? It looks nothing like any of the Digimon games I've seen or played.

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

I don't understand why people are complaining about the 3D graphics. FANS HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THIS SINCE THE N64 DAYS (Granted the game isn't on the Wii U.)
    I don't care if the sprites are gone, sure it will kill off some of the fan love but it's about time Pokemon made this transition. Sprites can only go so far until they make too much space, believe it or not 3D models make much less room because you have to coordinate on how pokemon move or react instead of making every movement/reaction through pixels.
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

There goes the need for a 3D title for the Wii U...

Just hoping for fluent animation like in Battle Revolution but it doesn't look like the case however nobody has the right to judge. Generation 5 went by fast, oh well. All I'm hoping for is online matches like in generation 4.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by illucio View Post
    I don't care if the sprites are gone, sure it will kill off some of the fan love but it's about time Pokemon made this transition. Sprites can only go so far until they make too much space, believe it or not 3D models make much less room because you have to coordinate on how pokemon move or react instead of making every movement/reaction through pixels.
    i think the new 3d models look a little like the 2d sprites theres a picture of the grass starter on pokebeach in game and looks like both 2d and 3d at the same time

The enhanced graphics will take some getting used to. At the moment, I think it's kind of neat that everything looks so snazzy, but at the same time I'm going to miss the old graphics. Oh well, at least the Pokemon battles in these games look more intense. That's all that really matters to me to be honest.

Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast