Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    This will probably be the start, they will most likelly expand as new games come out.
    yeah, they'll probably see if people customize them at all, and if they do, they may add more in "Z"
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Seeing that they could change colors I would have loved if they let us choose
    Using a color wheel to pick our color of hair and clothes

Then afew more skin colors maybe just 1 darker would fill up everyone's skin tone really

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I'm glad that they're limiting the customisation choices to just skin and hair colour - if they expanded the choices then the PCs would lose their unique identities which will eventually become representative of this Gen, and the feature will just become a glorified Mii creation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm glad that they're limiting the customisation choices to just skin and hair colour - if they expanded the choices then the PCs would lose their unique identities which will eventually become representative of this Gen, and the feature will just become a glorified Mii creation process.
    But, isn't pokemon supposed to be about the immersion between the player and the world of pokemon? Why not go beyond the cliche standards and create something so unique? Dragon quest been doing this for years and the character's appearance does nothing to uniqueness of the game itself. The game should be remembered for the story and the pokemon, not what the protagonist looks like. I mean as cool as red was for being the character I once played as, do you know how cool it woulda been if red coulda been customizable back then and before I fought red I could transport my version of red and fiight the customized red that I actually played as?
    Ya friendly neighborhood poketroll.

My X team so far: Reya the Fennekin (named after girlgonegamer on youtube), MyNiqqaritehere and or Kung fu panda the Yachamu or whatever that panda thing's name was, and the Green Ranger gogoat powerangers niqqa.

Real niqqa talkin', sit ya butt down

Quote Originally Posted by Emboss View Post
    But, isn't pokemon supposed to be about the immersion between the player and the world of pokemon? Why not go beyond the cliche standards and create something so unique? Dragon quest been doing this for years and the character's appearance does nothing to uniqueness of the game itself. The game should be remembered for the story and the pokemon, not what the protagonist looks like. I mean as cool as red was for being the character I once played as, do you know how cool it woulda been if red coulda been customizable back then and before I fought red I could transport my version of red and fiight the customized red that I actually played as?
    Maybe it's just me but I always look at the games as me controlling someone else, rather then me actually carrying out the actions in the game. Most of the time, I use names like Lucas and Brendan and Red in the games instead of my own to strengthen this. Likewise, I tend to say phrases like "I got Brendan to capture a Zigzagoon" rather than "I captured a Zigzagoon". Maybe more customisation options will actually add to the immersion, but for me, immersion lies less in the aesthetics of the player character and more in the actual environments of the game and gameplay features, like the apparent mobile camera in battle scenes. Customisation will never be a really important feature to me unless it has a noticeable effect in-game, which it does not in X/Y. In any case, I have no trouble at all in immersing myself in any game world as long as it is enjoyable to play and can provide a somewhat realistic environment to lose myself in - no matter how much the PC resembles my human form.
    Last edited by Poetry; 12th May 2013 at 8:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emboss View Post
    I personally think the same customization as Fire Emblem:Awakening would do with Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Only skin and hair color? They sure don't want to completely change the characters' main appearance.
    I'm glad there's customization, but if this are the only features, then I'll most likely keep it in default.

I hope there's outfit customization though.
    According to Corocoro

You Can Customize Your Player Slightly With Hair Colour and Skin Shade. Its Not about Changing The Character's Whole Appearance Its About Finally Having The Opportunity to Customize Your Own Character to Show Off To Other Players. This is After All The First Time We are getting Character Customization. I Wouldn't Mind if We Get Outfit Customization, But If We Don't We Don't. There's alot of X and Y News to Come in the Future so we will have to wait and see. However This is Just The Start. Im Sure as The Technology for Future Pokemon Games Improve so Will The Customization.
    Last edited by Pokemon1998Ash; 12th May 2013 at 9:20 AM.

the 3D effect are ok for 3ds but i wished the battle animations where more like battle revolution or colusseum or xd

In my opinion..the game looks fantastic on the 3DS. As good as a game like Fire Emblem Awakening..i also love the artsyle..it fits Pokemon so well..

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    In my opinion..the game looks fantastic on the 3DS. As good as a game like Fire Emblem Awakening..i also love the artsyle..it fits Pokemon so well..
    I agree. Pokemon is known for it's cartoon style because of sprites.
    Making use of cel-shaded 3d is a perfect choice to maintain the game's art style.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon1998Ash View Post
    According to Corocoro

You Can Customize Your Player Slightly With Hair Colour and Skin Shade. Its Not about Changing The Character's Whole Appearance Its About Finally Having The Opportunity to Customize Your Own Character to Show Off To Other Players. This is After All The First Time We are getting Character Customization. I Wouldn't Mind if We Get Outfit Customization, But If We Don't We Don't. There's alot of X and Y News to Come in the Future so we will have to wait and see. However This is Just The Start. Im Sure as The Technology for Future Pokemon Games Improve so Will The Customization.
    Does it hurt giving most words capital letters?

Either way, I would love full customization of the character, but if you want to play as the default character then you can do that too. Just makes the game more personal for the player.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Pokemon X and Y looks amazing! Can't wait to get my hands on it when it comes out. Now if only they could release a Wii U game just like it is what i'm truly waiting for....

I don't think we will get a new game like revolution due to this game all ready having amazing graphics

Over all I'm delighted with everything so far
    The in game world
    The battle screen
    And the customization is an amazing feature

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Maybe outfits change depending on the situation. Take the fourth gen: iirc the Sinnoh games had you wear something different for participating in Contests, and you disguised yourself as a Rocket grunt at one point in HG/SS? Something like that would be awesome.

~Deadly

plot, bounty hunters, crazed tax collectors
    a journeyfic by the most improved writer of 2012, second place
    what more could you want?

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Well, there's that full-body mirror for some reason. I seriously think we'll get more than that.
    Hair and skin customization (especially for the guys) seems kinda pointless if everything apart from the face and hands are completely covered up.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Well, there's that full-body mirror for some reason. I seriously think we'll get more than that.
    Hair and skin customization (especially for the guys) seems kinda pointless if everything apart from the face and hands are completely covered up.
    There's also the whole Blue on Blue color scheme for the guy which is, well, lame compared to past designs. I want no glasses, curly brown hair, brown/green eyes, jeans instead of the blue pants! Sadly this will not happen, but come on GF, give us different clothes.
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    There's also the whole Blue on Blue color scheme for the guy which is, well, lame compared to past designs. I want no glasses, curly brown hair, brown/green eyes, jeans instead of the blue pants! Sadly this will not happen, but come on GF, give us different clothes.
    There is always battle revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    I'm willing to bet that, assuming there's not a few other options just not shown, the 3rd game/sequels/???????? will have more fleshed out customization.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    There is always battle revolution.
    But BR isn't main game, where people really care.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I'm willing to bet that, assuming there's not a few other options just not shown, the 3rd game/sequels/???????? will have more fleshed out customization.
    So Z and RS Remakes, yes please!
    Normal Friend Safari:
    Aipom, Audino, Ditto

Pokemon Y Shinies:
    , , x2, , , , , , , , , ,

Alpha Sapphire Team:

Omega Ruby Team:

Yea. Since we're less then six months away from the release in october, GF probably decided to start giving more info. And personally, I expected customization to be revealed sort of near the end of information given before X and Y are out. So possibly, they are saving more customization info for later on, to surprise us with more custom options.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Look at the clear scans of the character art. Look next to the males' foot. There is a screen of what appears to be a hand throwing something at a pokemon. Oh, and it shows of a new battle scene with a white fence it looks like. The pokedex interface is shown, it uses the 3D models.
    Last edited by diakyu; 13th May 2013 at 5:52 AM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by ZXChris93 View Post
    Yea. Since we're less then six months away from the release in october, GF probably decided to start giving more info. And personally, I expected customization to be revealed sort of near the end of information given before X and Y are out. So possibly, they are saving more customization info for later on, to surprise us with more custom options.
    To be honest I think this is about as much customization as we are gonna get. I'd love to see more but I don't see it happening this gen.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    To be honest I think this is about as much customization as we are gonna get. I'd love to see more but I don't see it happening this gen.
    exaclty they will keep improving each game GF have never been one to put all their eggs in one basket they like to test the water a lot

I have a friend who practically exploded with joy when I told her about the customization. She said that, if they let us customize clothing at all, that it'd just be that extra bit to make this basically the best thing EVER.

She confessed, though, that the default outfits were very well done. I disagree on the male's, but this ain't the character discussion, so I'll leave it at that.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

We CAN customize our trainer with all kinds of clothes now! YAY! I'm sure there'll be a Pikachu suit lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92
    shiny Klefki has the hidden ability GTA where you can jack cabs in Luminose City and transport yourself to various areas without a fee.
    ----
    Quote Originally Posted by HEB View Post
    Diancie is the regional mew not Hoopa who is like... Kami trio master or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    maybe it's a Pokemon and not a regional anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew The Gato View Post
    Obviously, you are supposed to slow down the opponent with Sticky Web, tie them up with String Shot, give them an Infestation, Toxicate them, Smash your Shell, yet Attract them somehow, and then Rollout all over them like Whitney's Miltank. Battle cry of doom optional.Remember, kids, this is not to be tried in ASB!

Page 50 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast