Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

This is all well and good, but I can't help shake the feeling that this should have been what Gen 5 looked like. They had the kits when BW were in production. Just imagine what Gen 6 would have looked like if they HAD done Gen 5 on the 3DS. We're all sending Gamefreak praise when we're honestly a generation behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

This is all well and good, but I can't help shake the feeling that this should have been what Gen 5 looked like. They had the kits when BW were in production. Just imagine what Gen 6 would have looked like if they HAD done Gen 5 on the 3DS. We're all sending Gamefreak praise when we're honestly a generation behind.
    This thought has crossed my mind before, but given that BW would have been much more rushed on new system instead of a system they were all too familiar with, BW wouldn't have been this clean-looking in the first place. So I don't think we're a generation behind, there's still plenty of improvements made between now and the release as well as between the release and the mid-gen release (pokemon "Z" or "X2Y2", etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

If gen 5 had been on 3ds, chances are this is not how it would have looked like unless they decided to release them now instead of in 2010
    The fact they had the kits when BW was in production is proof of that

i wonder how it'll look to sue max repels and escape ropes now O.o
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    I honestly don't see them getting rid of the spin in place motion for the escape rope, and as for the max repels the character will
    probably just spray the bottle in the air then toss it aside. LITTERING FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    You'll probably hear a hiss for max repels, and start pirouetting in 8 directions instead of the usual 4 for escape ropes :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    This thought has crossed my mind before, but given that BW would have been much more rushed on new system instead of a system they were all too familiar with, BW wouldn't have been this clean-looking in the first place. So I don't think we're a generation behind, there's still plenty of improvements made between now and the release as well as between the release and the mid-gen release (pokemon "Z" or "X2Y2", etc.).
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If gen 5 had been on 3ds, chances are this is not how it would have looked like unless they decided to release them now instead of in 2010
    The fact they had the kits when BW was in production is proof of that
    I respectfully disagree. I don't think that BW would have been anymore rushed than any other first game of a generation. I believe that it would have looked very similar, if not identical, to XY. I'm not saying that BW were bad or anything, but knowing that the technology for a better game was right next to them the entire game bothers me. It would have been a completely different game in some respects. We'd definitely have CC last gen. The fact that we've been so deprived as a fan base that sitting down animations, controlled camera movement (which I'm still skeptical on) and diagonal movement has genuinely impressed us is sad. Not on our part, but on theirs. And I genuinely AM impressed by those things. I just think that I should have at LEAST gotten that impressiveness out of the way 3 years ago, seeing that they had the hard wear. Just remember that every other generation had just as much time with their next gen system as they would have had and did have with the 3DS. I'm genuinely excited for these games, so don't get me wrong. I just can't stand here and truthfully admit that Pokemon shouldn't look either a generation ahead by now. They might have even been releasing RSE 3DS right now (instead of XY) to push back the wait for Gen 6 until ANOTHER new handheld dev kit were in their hands. Or maybe a Wii U and 3DS interconnected game like Monster Hunter would have come out of the 6th gen. Who knows what could have been?
    Lol, I think you're alone on that one. Personlly, if there is another Fire/Fighting I am boycotting starters altogether in my game. I'd rather use a Bidoof seriously as my starter then entertain another Fire/Fighting type. Infact... That's exactly what I will do. If Fennekin is Fire/Fighting... no. If ANY of these next starters are part Fighting and Bidoof is catchable in game I'm starting with Chespin, dumping that moefoe in the PC the first chance I get, catching a Bidoof, and PWNing my rival's abomination with Surf. This, I swear.

...Unless Froakie is water/Electric.
    Hoenn will rise again!!

Put this in your sig if you think Hoenn deserves remakes! [started by Flare64]

I respectfully disagree. I don't think that BW would have been anymore rushed than any other first game of a generation. I believe that it would have looked very similar, if not identical, to XY. I'm not saying that BW were bad or anything, but knowing that the technology for a better game was right next to them the entire game bothers me. It would have been a completely different game in some respects. We'd definitely have CC last gen. The fact that we've been so deprived as a fan base that sitting down animations, controlled camera movement (which I'm still skeptical on) and diagonal movement has genuinely impressed us is sad. Not on our part, but on theirs. And I genuinely AM impressed by those things. I just think that I should have at LEAST gotten that impressiveness out of the way 3 years ago, seeing that they had the hard wear. Just remember that every other generation had just as much time with their next gen system as they would have had and did have with the 3DS. I'm genuinely excited for these games, so don't get me wrong. I just can't stand here and truthfully admit that Pokemon shouldn't look either a generation ahead by now. They might have even been releasing RSE 3DS right now (instead of XY) to push back the wait for Gen 6 until ANOTHER new handheld dev kit were in their hands. Or maybe a Wii U and 3DS interconnected game like Monster Hunter would have come out of the 6th gen. Who knows what could have been?
    What I'm saying is this: XY have been in development since roughly the middle/tail end of BW

If they had decided to have BW be the first 3DS games, they likely would have had to scrap everything they did up to that point with BW which is wasteful no matter how you look at it (and considering they started working on BW pretty much once DP was done that's a lot of years of work to just throw away)
    Assuming they still wanted a 2010 (or 2011) release for gen 5, chances are that it would have been rough and not as nice as XY looks now. Maybe not rushed, per say, but definitely with flaws if I had to guess.

e: also consider how much trouble they seemed to have with transitioning from GBA to DS. Gen 4 seemed to take a while and the initial screens were even rougher than the end product.
    I think part of the reason we got Pokedex 3D & Harmoknight is so they could spend time working on the platform and work out kinks but that's just me

If Black and White were on the 3DS, I'm not sure they would have sold as well.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    If Black and White were on the 3DS, I'm not sure they would have sold as well.
    Why? 3DS is selling awesome, better and better now with awesome games coming out every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why? 3DS is selling awesome, better and better now with awesome games coming out every month.
    Much too many games, in a way. By the end of the year, most major franchises have been on the 3DS already, and only Metroid and Kirby remaining. D:

Ahem.

I hope we'll get to see a trainer actually taking out a Pokémon soon. I wanna see if you actually see the trainers in the battle. And if so, if they have the same sprites (not sprites, I know, can't remember the right word...)
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I hope we'll get to see a trainer actually taking out a Pokémon soon. I wanna see if you actually see the trainers in the battle. And if so, if they have the same sprites (not sprites, I know, can't remember the right word...)
    Obviously we'll get the same overworld models in battle.
    The addition of the mugshots at the start of the battle is basically the replacement of the sprites in a sense.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    Obviously we'll get the same overworld models in battle.
    The addition of the mugshots at the start of the battle is basically the replacement of the sprites in a sense.
    Model, thank you, that's the word...

Mugshots? Have we seen that yet? I can't remember. :/

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

So we get to see yourself throwing the poke ball towards a wild pokemon, this I really love
    I wonder if we see yourself sending out our on pokemon
    And also I'd love to see how switching out and fainting pokemon will work
    I'm guessing it will work like revolution, the pokemon drops to the ground and then returns

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Model, thank you, that's the word...

Mugshots? Have we seen that yet? I can't remember. :/
    The image of the Lass when confronted...

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

So we get to see yourself throwing the poke ball towards a wild pokemon, this I really love
    I'm guessing it will work like revolution, the pokemon drops to the ground and then returns
    Im really hoping that this is just the last part of a clip thats similar to how you snagged pokemon in colloseum

@Wulava
    Ah, you meant that. ^^ Yes, that I knew of, but I meant in the battles themselves, and not just the 'introduction' part. Though I guess we've not seen that yet.

Also, right, forgot we see them actually throw the PokéBall (again). Very neat. ^^

just had a thought if we seem them throw the pokeball will the pokeball hit the pokemon?

i wanna see an Ash's Starley type capture!!!! Pokeball to the face!! it would be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I mean, at the time when Black and White were released, not many people had a 3DS then compared to now.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

and i still wonder how digltt will work will it be the same where the trainer throws the pokeball and he appears out of the ground but not from the pokeball.

@lass picture i hope they change atleast the face up each time since we confront about 20 lasses in the game (i think)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    I mean, at the time when Black and White were released, not many people had a 3DS then compared to now.
    Oh ok that makes sense but Pokemon would probably make a lot more people buy the console, a lot of people are buying it just for it.

what if when our pokemon dodge we actually get an animation of them dodging! :O ( even if its generic for each move/pokemon it'd still be awesome)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

Seeing them dodge would be as awesome as sitting on the bench. Or moving diagonally!!! The whole game play so far is keeping me interested

Miju

What bothers me is I see people on Tumblr and Facebook still complaining that X and Y won't be on the DS. I mean the DS has been around for 7(?) years. The 3DS is in it's second year, it's due for a main series Pokemon game.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

The thing about GameFreak is that they've been workin on two generations at the same time as of late. They were workin

Page 57 of 127 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast