Page 58 of 127 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    What bothers me is I see people on Tumblr and Facebook still complaining that X and Y won't be on the DS. I mean the DS has been around for 7(?) years. The 3DS is in it's second year, it's due for a main series Pokemon game.
    Plus we had two generations on the same handheld. We're way overdue for a 3DS generation.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    What bothers me is I see people on Tumblr and Facebook still complaining that X and Y won't be on the DS. I mean the DS has been around for 7(?) years. The 3DS is in it's second year, it's due for a main series Pokemon game.
    You know it. I'm sure GameFreak wanted Black 2 and White 2 to be for 3DS, but I guess they couldn't switch consoles in the middle of a generation.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    You know it. I'm sure GameFreak wanted Black 2 and White 2 to be for 3DS, but I guess they couldn't switch consoles in the middle of a generation.
    I would imagine Iwata wanted BW2 for the 3DS and GameFreak said no because they wanted to finish the story with the people who already had BW for their dying console.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I would imagine Iwata wanted BW2 for the 3DS and GameFreak said no because they wanted to finish the story with the people who already had BW for their dying console.
    I want to say they said in an interview that they also wanted the DS since it would reach more people regardless, but while I find that have this quote from Iwata Asks
    Masuda Yes. A little later, we thought of making them sequels. When you told me that if we were going to release something for the Nintendo DS system, we had to come up with something new, I was really worried. (laughs) Then I thought, "How about sequels?"

Iwata For games to have sequels is nothing unusual, but we'd never taken that direction with Pokémon, so it was new.

Masuda Yeah. And as for why we made it for the Nintendo DS system instead of Nintendo 3DS system, we wanted to make the same gameworld. Both games are set two years later than the first two.
    Anyway if I had to guess it makes sense for the revision to be on DS if only because it'd be simpler and cheaper to work with.

It seems like the pokemon's reaction to the attacks are not as detailed as say... Colosseum however I'm not really opposed to this because it makes the animation short,dynamic, and sweet I'd say it's a good trade off less detailed reactions for faster gameplay.
    Thoughts?
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Did we ever get an explanation for the colour change?

and what colour do you think we are getting this generation?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post

i don't think they ever specifically explained why that happened, but i do know that gligar has always been portrayed as "powder pink" in the anime as well as the official art so the HGSS sprites got it right. And that's also the same color scheme i'm assuming we'll see for its model in XY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

There have been other Pokemon to have gone through some colour changes through the generations, such as Sentret and Salamence.

I personally hope they do something with the shiny colours on the unfortunate Pokemon who have barely any difference between their shiny and standard forms. Leafeon and Garchomp are the ones that come straight to mind. I don't expect them to change the colours completely, but they could at least make them much more noticeably different with either a strong saturation or heavy shade adjustment.
    Last edited by NotChip; 21st May 2013 at 6:49 PM.
    Reserved

Quote Originally Posted by NotChip View Post
    There have been other Pokemon to have gone through some colour changes through the generations, such as Sentret and Salamence.

I personally hope they do something with the shiny colours on the unfortunate Pokemon who have barely any difference between their shiny and standard forms. Leafeon and Garchomp are the ones that come straight to mind.
    Ya, Salamence went from blue to the blue-green that it's portrayed as in its Sugi art and the anime. I like that BW did that with pokemon that had inconsistent color schemes in the past (in the games of course). And i agree, i think garchomp should have had a simlar shiny color scheme that gabite does. Leafeon would have looked pretty bad *** with a "autumn" color scheme with orange-red leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Loads of Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pokemon have gone through colour changes like that

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by mew 2000 View Post
    what if when our pokemon dodge we actually get an animation of them dodging! :O ( even if its generic for each move/pokemon it'd still be awesome)
    I'd love to see that happen but kind of doubting that it will. I guess since we are getting things like sitting finally you can't really know...

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post

Starting from HGSS, every sprite (especially in BW) have finally used the right color from its official artwork.
    Let's just say that in DPPt, they are still trying to experiment on the color palette.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Ya, Salamence went from blue to the blue-green that it's portrayed as in its Sugi art and the anime. I like that BW did that with pokemon that had inconsistent color schemes in the past (in the games of course). And i agree, i think garchomp should have had a simlar shiny color scheme that gabite does. Leafeon would have looked pretty bad *** with a "autumn" color scheme with orange-red leaves.
    Wow, I didn't even think of an autumn shiny color scheme for Leafeon. That would be really awesome!

I agree; many Pokemon have pretty lame shiny colors. Is it just me, or are most of the saturated green shiny colors kind of ugly? Jolteon's green shiny comes to mind, and sorta Dragonite as well. I'm just not a fan of those shades of green...
    3DS FC: 2320 - 6137 - 2703
    Trainer ID: Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    Wow, I didn't even think of an autumn shiny color scheme for Leafeon. That would be really awesome!

I agree; many Pokemon have pretty lame shiny colors. Is it just me, or are most of the saturated green shiny colors kind of ugly? Jolteon's green shiny comes to mind, and sorta Dragonite as well. I'm just not a fan of those shades of green...
    My least favorite shiny is Lickilicky's bright yellow. It's hard to look at.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Salamence also used to have orange wings, when all artwork portrays it with red wings. I was like WTF when i first saw its sprite in RS

Hopefully if Arbok can be found naturally in the region it'll have a new sprite like the old days. I can also see Shellos forms happening in the different dex areas.

I'd really like to see them change up the evolution screen. I want to see how they use the evolution stones, whether they absorb it, absorb its energy, break it and absorb the energy, I dunno. It's be cool. For pokemon who need to know ancientpower it'd be cool to see them glow a different colour when evolving. Pokemon that evolve with happiness could jump a up and down happily before evolving. Traded pokemon could come out of the pokeball evolving, it's the little touched that can make a game beautiful. I'm not saying give every single evolving pokemon a unique animation while evolving, just tweak some effects to reflect why that pokemon is evolving. If it has to be during the day, add some sunshine.

As for shinies and ones that are hard to tell with (Garchomp) they'll might have slight twinkling throughout the whole battle now. It would make sense.

I'm really interested to see how evolutions work in this game. Like new evolution methods, how it looks like when a pokemon evolves, what's the music like.
    Anime is love, anime is life <3

If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X

Any one care for a mid battle evoloution? I think that graphic would be awesome. For example, Charmander defeats magmar. Charmander then evolves into Charmeleon before the trainer's next pokemon is sent out
    I dominate the world and chew bubble gum... and I am all out of bubble gum.

Black 2 Friend Code : 1765 3608 8869

I've always wanted in-battle evolution.

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3148-2744
    PM me if you want to exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Rykel22 View Post
    I've always wanted in-battle evolution.
    Yes. Amazing.
    Also, pokemon who evolve in very high levels that aren't dragon or something would be nice.

I wonder what in-battle idling animations will look like. I remember that in PBR there were some really good animations as you chose moves. It's been a while, but I recall that Absol had a really cool one, and I think Luxray and Swampert did as well. I hope they carry this over, what with the 3D models.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    Yes. Amazing.
    Also, pokemon who evolve in very high levels that aren't dragon or something would be nice.
    You mean Braivary/Mandibuzz?

Because that was terrible. Dragons have a reason to evolve late: they're very powerful but Mandibuzz and Braviary are normal pokemon that inexplicably evolve later than Garchomp and HAxorus. In fact, it renders them near unusable outside of BW2 as the payoff for waiting is certainly not worth all those levels.

Back on topic: First person pokeball throwing anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    You mean Braivary/Mandibuzz?

Because that was terrible. Dragons have a reason to evolve late: they're very powerful but Mandibuzz and Braviary are normal pokemon that inexplicably evolve later than Garchomp and HAxorus. In fact, it renders them near unusable outside of BW2 as the payoff for waiting is certainly not worth all those levels.

Back on topic: First person pokeball throwing anyone?
    No i mean, a really weak pokemon who evolve in lvl 80 or so in one of the strongest non legendary pokemon in existence.
    "Only truly powerful trainers can get it."

Don't think that the First person pokeball throwing looks good.. The hand is kinda, weird..
    But yeah, it's something.

I've seen different backgrounds in battles, hope that there aren't just 5 backgrounds or so.
    Excited how gym/E4 battles will look like, they can't show a field outside, hope that every gym has a different background.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    I wonder what in-battle idling animations will look like. I remember that in PBR there were some really good animations as you chose moves. It's been a while, but I recall that Absol had a really cool one, and I think Luxray and Swampert did as well. I hope they carry this over, what with the 3D models.
    I think that, in PBR, all Pkmn's idle animations were the same animations they used for their long-ranged moves. However, in the Introduction Vids of the new Pkmn, you can see some idle animations which are nice (Gogoat simply shakes it's head and body a little and Froakie jumps a little with his back legs). ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Blesstoise View Post
    No i mean, a really weak pokemon who evolve in lvl 80 or so in one of the strongest non legendary pokemon in existence.
    "Only truly powerful trainers can get it."

Don't think that the First person pokeball throwing looks good.. The hand is kinda, weird..
    But yeah, it's something.

I've seen different backgrounds in battles, hope that there aren't just 5 backgrounds or so.

Excited how gym/E4 battles will look like, they can't show a field outside, hope that every gym has a different background.
    Yeah, we'll defo have more, we havent seen any cave, desert, water, snow and building battlegrounds yet. I posted about gyms having signature arenas as well Would be epic.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Page 58 of 127 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast