Page 74 of 127 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qjcdx8hNXmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Take a sec and go to the part where Yveltal is using his attack. I watched it a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure its a draining attack. As the beam hits, you see something draining from the opponent and then Yveltal getting little 'recovery' sparks you'd see from Giga Drain or something. Whatever that giant red beam of death is, I think it allows him to drain health!
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

What's better than a Malamar?
    A Shiny Malamar!

Current Shinies:
    Malamar
    Dragalge
    Mr. Mime
    Carbink
    Sandslash
    Gyrados
    Horsea
    Haxorus
    Garchomp
    Vivillion (evolved into Modern pattern...thought Shiny turned into High Plains pattern, but whatever)

Nintendo 3DS FC: 0447 5404 6118
    Safari Zone Element: Electric
    Emolga, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/v/Qjcdx8hNXmY&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Take a sec and go to the part where Yveltal is using his attack. I watched it a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure its a draining attack. As the beam hits, you see something draining from the opponent and then Yveltal getting little 'recovery' sparks you'd see from Giga Drain or something. Whatever that giant red beam of death is, I think it allows him to drain health!
    Thanks for the video link . Yeah I'm 100% sure Oblivion Wing is a draining move I'm also pretty sure Geomancy is a status move we've seen it used three times and it hasn't hit the opponent.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    If they made one big circle it might overlap with the opponent's circle. I can't be sure with just that one screenshot though.
    And ovals would be equally weird as two separate circles imo.
    What? No it wouldn't

It would take about as much room as the two circles would
    How big are you visualizing these things

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    What? No it wouldn't

It would take about as much room as the two circles would
    How big are you visualizing these things
    I don't think a full circle would take much space either. It looks rather odd to me that each Pokémon is being separated from its battling partner tbh.

well if you take the space from the 2 circles and add them together the hight would be more then the two smaller circles are ATM so seeing that the 2 bigger circles would clash in the center... if you add the space of the two circles and not adjust for the hight then it would be an oval and would work alot better as it wouldnt clash but also might look abit weird...

Isn't the separate circles a programming thing.

Like I don't know something similar to what I think is known as a hitbox. I'm probably wrong, just bear with me.

A Pokemon in this circle could only be affected by this move, but for triple battles, a move would only affect one, two or even three circles.

Is that not point of them?
    '
    Or is it confirmed they are actually purely aesthetic in nature?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Isn't the separate circles a programming thing.

Like I don't know something similar to what I think is known as a hitbox. I'm probably wrong, just bear with me.

A Pokemon in this circle could only be affected by this move, but for triple battles, a move would only affect one, two or even three circles.

Is that not point of them?
    '
    Or is it confirmed they are actually purely aesthetic in nature?
    That might be partially why, but I mean...you could probably code around that

The other 3d games lacked a circle. So it's probably mostly aesthetic

I can't tell if these split circle things have been confirmed or if it's just speculation
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

@ 0:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAEFMc-xsM

Is that a premier ball where how many pokemon you?
    looks like whoevers in it has fainted anyway

also @1:16 i see a dark patch of water, could diving return as more that just one spot?
    Last edited by adamfitz; 21st July 2013 at 11:10 AM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    @ 0:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAEFMc-xsM

Is that a premier ball where how many pokemon you?
    looks like whoevers in it has fainted anyway

also @1:16 i see a dark patch of water, could diving return as more that just one spot?
    Nah, looks more like a normal Ball that's gotten dark because that Pokémon is in use/cuz' that Pokémon has fainted. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    That might be partially why, but I mean...you could probably code around that

The other 3d games lacked a circle. So it's probably mostly aesthetic
    The other 3D games have nothing to do with this anyway, they weren't made by gamefreak.

Weird is in the wifi battles there were no cirlces.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Nah, looks more like a normal Ball that's gotten dark because that Pokémon is in use/cuz' that Pokémon has fainted. ^^
    Your right it was
    I noticed that as the screen moved the ball got darker and lighter depending on the background

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The other 3D games have nothing to do with this anyway, they weren't made by gamefreak.

I think the wifi battles don't have one coz it's just an arena perhaps, so they felt like it just didn't need them.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    I think the wifi battles don't have one coz it's just an arena perhaps, so they felt like it just didn't need them.
    Well it shows we don't need to have the circles
    I like them in 1v1 but in a double battle is like to feel less separate
    I'd like to think as my team as one
    Not sure why we couldn't have just gotten a bigger circle or none at all

Thats what I basicly meant, if they didnt need them in the arena they could have take it away everywhere but its not a big issue, they will improve it in future games and even if they don't that doesn't affect the gameplay at all.

Thats what I basicly meant, if they didnt need them in the arena they could have take it away everywhere but its not a big issue, they will improve it in future games and even if they don't that doesn't affect the gameplay at all.
    Exactly With all those beautiful graphics, moves and animated 3d pokemon I don't think you will be focusing on the circles

What I find quite puzzling about the battle scene against Octillery. Both pokémon where on an island scene however the cirles beneath were water. It just seems abit to wierd to me. What do you guys think of it?
    More trainers shall behold the power of the epic dragon pokémon.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    Future Draconian Team- (only because of sand veil, it was hard to abandon Flygon)
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

RANK UP: Flygon is like totally the best pokémon dude

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Master54 View Post
    What I find quite puzzling about the battle scene against Octillery. Both pokémon where on an island scene however the cirles beneath were water. It just seems abit to wierd to me. What do you guys think of it?
    Well octillery was pulled up to the shore
    So it fits perfectly to me
    The tide is coming in so that could explain the water circles
    If you came across one on the sand (don't think you can) then it would

It's just to show that you are fighting a pokemon from the water, it's essentially a Water field, but it would look weirder to have 'the trainer' floating around in the sea. I get that its a bit weird, it will just take some getting used to I think.

There were also grass circles on the sand in the fight against Inkay. I think they might have a set amount of "circles" (grass, water, industrial (floor), maybe a mountain/rocky one) which they just combine with the surroundings. The Inkay was found in tall grass next to the beach. Octillery was pulled out of the water on the beach. They work when you look at the whole picture.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Well octillery was pulled up to the shore
    So it fits perfectly to me
    The tide is coming in so that could explain the water circles
    If you came across one on the sand (don't think you can) then it would
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    It's just to show that you are fighting a pokemon from the water, it's essentially a Water field, but it would look weirder to have 'the trainer' floating around in the sea. I get that its a bit weird, it will just take some getting used to I think.
    Jeez, I know how fishing works. I mean the fact that there is a circle of the sea in the island. I understand that you fight it onland. I also know it's a water field but the aesthetics just looks weird to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    There were also grass circles on the sand in the fight against Inkay. I think they might have a set amount of "circles" (grass, water, industrial (floor), maybe a mountain/rocky one) which they just combine with the surroundings. The Inkay was found in tall grass next to the beach. Octillery was pulled out of the water on the beach. They work when you look at the whole picture.
    Ok it seems that the island is just the battle scene and the circles represents where the pokémon is encountered. The grass circles don't really look weird in sand as it can naturally grow there but a pool of water looks weird. I understand it clearly now but as I said a million times the water circles with a light current look weird.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    Future Draconian Team- (only because of sand veil, it was hard to abandon Flygon)
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

I think its
    Where the pokemon was found determines the circle
    But where you player stands determines the background

Jeez, I know how fishing works. I mean the fact that there is a circle of the sea in the island. I understand that you fight it onland. I also know it's a water field but the aesthetics just looks weird to my eyes.

Ok it seems that the island is just the battle scene and the circles represents where the pokémon is encountered. The grass circles don't really look weird in sand as it can naturally grow there but a pool of water looks weird. I understand it clearly now but as I said a million times the water circles with a light current look weird.
    Perhaps it's the breeze?

Meh, I think it's because puddles and stuff.

I think its
    Where the pokemon was found determines the circle
    But where you player stands determines the background
    Not necessarily as the battle with Inkay has the same background, when both player and pokémon are on the same tile in this case the grass. It seems the default background for that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Perhaps it's the breeze?

Meh, I think it's because puddles and stuff.
    Seems your pulling at straws there. As I said it seems it's the background for that area so no matter where you encounter a pokémon (round that area) you fight on the island with the appropriate circle.
    Last edited by Flygon Master54; 21st July 2013 at 4:27 PM.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

Guys, it's not like the circles are new, it's been around since Gen 3. Its just to show off the battlefield, help us know what Secret Power would be and shizz like that. The beach is clearly coz of where we are. If we were to fish in a cave then it would still be a cave background, but the pokemon would still be above a Water circle.

I must admit though i'm really impressed with how specific the backgrounds are. I really hope we get the interior of the gyms in the backgrounds, imagine seeing Violas web in the background or Clemont's LED's flashing all over the place....EPIC!!!

Page 74 of 127 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast