Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Honestly...I think the 3D models are ugly. The proportions look wrong, the texturing looks bad...maybe they wouldn't have looked as bad if they weren't cell-shaded, but as is I really wish they stuck with sprites until the tech got good enough for this.
    What's wrong with cel-shading? I love cel-shaded works, they look awesome to me.

I feel like I'm going to discover pokemon battling all over again - I literally cannot wait to transfer my almost-complete collection of pokemon over from my copy of White so I see what the diferent pokemon and moves look like in this new battling style.

I wonder how the battling scenes will account for size? If I play a bulbasaur versus a wailord, will my foe tower over the 3D battlefield? That would be excellent.

I'm also intrigued to see how pokemon look when they have low hp or faint - as sprites, their movements grew slower when they had low hp and their sprites disappeared when they fainted. Now, with the new 3D forms, will they appear bruised or dazed when they have low hp and actually topple over when they faint? Seems a bit darker.

Also, I'm curious to see how certain moves look that involve throwing projectials at your foe, like rock throw or rock tomb. In the games it always seemed odd for the projectials to just suddenly appear, and I'm curious to see how they handle it.

Finally, I'm excited to see how moves like Fly and Bounce look, to see whether you actually leave to battle screne now, or whether the camera view zooms out to follow your movements.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    What's wrong with cel-shading? I love cel-shaded works, they look awesome to me.
    They look pixelated and jaggy - hardly pretty graphics, IMO. Though I'm more miffed about the character proportions and texturing, personally. Look at Audino in this screenshot, or Pikachu in this one. Their sprites in BW/B2W2 were far more lively than their freaky 3D incarnations.

Think the cel-shading looks great myself.

And we all saw this blown up on our PC / Smartdevices - it's gonna look alot better in it's native 3DS [and 3D] form.

I think the graphics and all the details of the world are really good, and they're taking a step in the right direction.
    it sort of reminds me of XD/Colloseum/PBR.

As a spriter i'll miss the sprites, but who knows, maybe they might have some in the game usable.

I'm also intrigued to see how pokemon look when they have low hp or faint - as sprites, their movements grew slower when they had low hp and their sprites disappeared when they fainted. Now, with the new 3D forms, will they appear bruised or dazed when they have low hp and actually topple over when they faint? Seems a bit darker.
    That's what happened in XD/COlloseum actually, lol.
    but i am also interested about how they will pull fainting in moves off. i notice at one point during the trailer it shows the pokemon getting CLOSE UP and attacking the opponent, so meh.
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 8th January 2013 at 4:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Think the cel-shading looks great myself.

And we all saw this blown up on our PC / Smartdevices - it's gonna look alot better in it's native 3DS [and 3D] form.
    Nothing would work better then Cellshading for pokemon, the other models were all sluggish I prefer this to the Pokedex 3d models they would look slow and would bore the crap out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by x0MoMusica0x View Post
    i think that we're in for a big surprise in terms of everything. i love the team view thing (when you can see how many Poke your opponent have before ragequitting), but i didnt see anything for the HP bar. i'll be re-watching the trailer quite a few times, but im sure we'll all be posting if we see anything new
    I guess. I'm just really going to miss the sprites. I'm sure fans will continue to make their own but still I feel like we've lost a big part of the main games.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I do like the cell-shading, it looks nice. I just wish it hadn't replaced the sprites.

I'm just guessing that by the time we get to October things will look better. Sprites change during the course of development. So don't take any of the images for face value right now
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

I just don't like the new art direction. Part of the reason I enjoyed the games was the that they were sprite based. On top of that, thanks to Nintendo's disposition to focus on a gimmick of a system instead of actual power the models are of a quality that wouldn't have been considered good even years ago

I have nothing against it being in the 3D model format I am actually really looking forward to it, I think it will enhance the feeling of being 'part of' the game. I am however saddened that we won't have sprites. Hopefully there will be a 3D PokéDex that has an onscreen pixel/sprite version of the new Pokémon for an in-game 2D effect.

I agree with posts commenting on hopefully having fluidity between areas, it's a small gripe, but I don't like the cut to black screen we have with the current games.

R.I.P
    Sprites
    1996 - 2012
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

the battles look sick!

The video starts with the trainer looking in a mirror, maybe we finally get customisation? Perfect place to start the game is we do.

I think the sprites will be in the Pokedex, if not, well, it's a good "sacrifice" xD

still, loved the trailer, especially the Y Legendary, looks awesome

They nailed it, It's cel shaded, they just need to smooth the edges, but they've got more than half a year, so I'm confident.

The only thing that will annoy me is "I'm waiting for pokemon-z" comments. I see this being the "Gold &Silver" for Black and White. I am happy that there aren't any Dragon cover legendaries.
    I've never heard of warnerbroman.
    You can't stop staring can you?

Really do not like the look of the over-world graphically, hopefully it will grow on me

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Quote Originally Posted by warnerbroman View Post
    The only thing that will annoy me is "I'm waiting for pokemon-z" comments. I see this being the "Gold &Silver" for Black and White. I am happy that there aren't any Dragon cover legendaries.
    Not yet. If there will be 3 games, Pokémon Z might have a dragon on it i think. Since the first 2 revealed legends seems to be based of theYygdrasill legend, which had 3 creatures living within it: an eagle and a deer (which we can see now) and a wyrm (which is actually some kind of dragon)

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

I absolutly love the graphics and have been waiting for main games to have battles like in mystery dungeon. Can't wait ^^

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

People need to understand that yes this is a big jump forward and yes it's very different but trust me it just will take some getting used to. I can't imagine how beautiful the final games will look on my 3ds xl XD

I like the new look, both the overworld and the in battle views are step forwards but still look like the mainstream Pokemon games. I would've been a little unhappy if they had went into the direction of Pokemon Colosseum, but since the graphics still have the feel of Pokemon games, I'm happy with them.

These graphics are just incredible, literally like nothing we've seen for Pokemon. Welcome to the new era of Pokemon.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

The best thing GF has done is added the ability to transfer over Pokemon from older version to B2/W2. I hope they either keep this feature or make all Pokemon available in the 2 versions.

I didn't check right, but do huge Pokemon like Golurk look big enough to resemble their actual sizes?

I'm asking this because I don't want a Wailord the size of my bed standing next to my Lucario.

Yeah we are still looking at it in 2D, I'm bettin it will look amazing the way it's supposed to be viewed, in 3D and not on a big computer monitor

Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast