Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I think Serebii might mean that using the 3D Slider in the overworld wouldn't work.
    This has to be it. Because it looked pretty 3d to me in all the trailers. I don't use that slider anyways because it makes my head hurt having it on to long
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy do I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 17 hrs to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterofArcanine View Post
    This has to be it. Because it looked pretty 3d to me in all the trailers. I don't use that slider anyways because it makes my head hurt having it on to long
    You cannot see 3D over a computer screen though..
    The slider not working in the overworld though, what do you mean, like you would not be able to change the 3Dness?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Looking at the trailer, Sun is constant, as we see it in the new trailer when MegaCharizard used Blast Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    The slider not working in the overworld though, what do you mean, like you would not be able to change the 3Dness?
    Probably.

I never really use the 3D on my 3DS anymore, but probably will check out the 3D in the battles and stuff (assuming it does work for the battles, which it probably does).

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The official site made a note confirming that the stereoscopic 3D effect does not exist in the overworld
    how does that even make why

The images of the Pokemon Bank reminded me of something. Since all the box sprites (is that what they're called?) are being updated for the first time since 3rd Gen, I wonder if they'll make individual ones for shiny forms instead of them having the regular coloring. After all, they did do that for the Pokemon following you in HG/SS, so I wouldn't imagine it would be a huge thing to do. Just a thought.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    The images of the Pokemon Bank reminded me of something. Since all the box sprites (is that what they're called?) are being updated for the first time since 3rd Gen, I wonder if they'll make individual ones for shiny forms instead of them having the regular coloring. After all, they did do that for the Pokemon following you in HG/SS, so I wouldn't imagine it would be a huge thing to do. Just a thought.
    That should be incredibly easy for them to do, especially on a system like the 3DS. I don't see why they wouldn't update them.

On the topic of Pokémon following you, that'd be cool to see again in X and Y.

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    That should be incredibly easy for them to do, especially on a system like the 3DS. I don't see why they wouldn't update them.

On the topic of Pokémon following you, that'd be cool to see again in X and Y.
    I just have always thought it was awkward to see that normal colored Pokemon sprite for shinies, so I think it would be nice to see. I'm rather neutral on Pokemon following you, though, and I don't think it's coming back in this game anyway, aside from riding Pokemon and such.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Not all the 'box sprites' (not sure what to call them either) have been updated it seems, some of the sprites look the same such as Hydreigon, Absol, Gliscor to name a few. It's no big deal but perhaps others may have noticed this?

And yes, sprites for shiny Pokemon would be awesome and overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Not all the 'box sprites' (not sure what to call them either) have been updated it seems, some of the sprites look the same such as Hydreigon, Absol, Gliscor to name a few. It's no big deal but perhaps others may have noticed this?

And yes, sprites for shiny Pokemon would be awesome and overdue.
    I didn't notice, but looking closely at the two versions, I think there are some minor changes. Maybe that's just me seeing things that aren't there, I don't know. Regardless, I think the shiny sprites can definitely be done. Updating those sprites is definitely good enough, though.

Shiny sprites would be a great update! Hoping they put that in. Not so fussed about pokemon following you in the overworld though.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Oh yeah.

The official site made a note confirming that the stereoscopic 3D effect does not exist in the overworld
    Interesting choice, happy with it myself. I'll take the improved visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Huh? I'm sorry, what does that mean?
    It means that you will not get the depth effect the 3DS offers, everything will appear just as if it was on any other console.

Partially true, there are monitors perfectly capable of displaying 3D content.

It's not that you can't change it so much as there is nothing to change. The overworld is 2D only.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    how does that even make why
    Having to render the 3D essentially requires twice the processing power, by ignoring it they can put that processing towards something more useful, such as have more objects on screen, high resolution textures, higher poly models or anti-aliasing.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The Sprites look great! More clear so I can identify each Pokemon. They better be Shiny, it would make organizing things easier. Speaking of Organizing, they should include Sorting Options for the PC, like:

- Dex Number
    - Color
    - Type
    - Height
    - Weight

And so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Interesting choice, happy with it myself. I'll take the improved visuals.

It means that you will not get the depth effect the 3DS offers, everything will appear just as if it was on any other console.

Partially true, there are monitors perfectly capable of displaying 3D content.

It's not that you can't change it so much as there is nothing to change. The overworld is 2D only.

Having to render the 3D essentially requires twice the processing power, by ignoring it they can put that processing towards something more useful, such as have more objects on screen, high resolution textures, higher poly models or anti-aliasing.
    This is hardly an excuse, have you seen Kingdom hearts DDD? I may not overly use it but I'm disappointed by the lack of 3d, it's always great to have the option to use it for making important parts of a game look more beautiful and epic...
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    This is hardly an excuse, have you seen Kingdom hearts DDD? I may not overly use it but I'm disappointed by the lack of 3d, it's always great to have the option to use it for making important parts of a game look more beautiful and epic...
    It's not an excuse. Visuals are worse with the 3D on and sacrifices need to be made.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The overworld is 2D only.
    Oh :/ well hopefully it won't pixelate to death like in BW. So I'm guessing battles and cutscenes if any will be 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    Oh :/ well hopefully it won't pixelate to death like in BW. So I'm guessing battles and cutscenes if any will be 3D.
    It wont. B/W overworld was actually made up of 3D models, just like X/Y is, but the DS is significantly weaker in terms of processing compared to the 3DS. The style of modelling is also much different, the models for X/Y are much more detailed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the overworld feels/looks properly (in person). Good to see its finally made the long awaited graphical advancement.

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1184-2669 (Pokemon X - 3DS/Game Name: Dave)

Quote Originally Posted by DryBones View Post
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how the overworld feels/looks properly (in person). Good to see its finally made the long awaited graphical advancement.
    It'll look just as it does in all the pictures and videos. Videos are a much better representation, though.

I guess the 2DS makes even more sense.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I'll buy the 2DS (Iknow it's for kids but it's cheaper and 3d hurts my eyes and gives me headaches in just 5 minutes...) Although that I LOVE THE FLAT design. really! it is great in my opinion

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

It's not an excuse. Visuals are worse with the 3D on and sacrifices need to be made.
    I pretty much always have 3D on, and when switching to 2D I do not really notice any graphical improvement?

It seems like GameFreak are being a bit lazy..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Oh yeah.

2DS IT IS!

No but seriously, I didn't care about the 3D at all, and now that I won't be seeing it unless I'm battling, I really don't care since the animations look great as-is.

Also, about the Vivillon sprite, I think that the part on the official site where it said Vivillon has a secret in its wings might be used as a reference to past regional Bugs. Because the wings it has in the Bank pic look like Butterfree's

I pretty much always have 3D on, and when switching to 2D I do not really notice any graphical improvement?

It seems like GameFreak are being a bit lazy..
    That's because you can't turn the 3D off, you just disable the effect. The game is still rendering it all, everything is smoother just turning the slider all the way down though. It's definitely not them being lazy, they have to put in the work either way.

I don't really turn the 3D on. It gives me headaches.

But there's surely a reason why GF decided to give us a 2D overworld. And it's not them being lazy.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast