Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I think I'm buying 2ds... WHat do you think? 3d gives me headaches and I don't have 3ds yet (although that I really like the "tablet" design as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Sunshine View Post
    I think I'm buying 2ds... WHat do you think? 3d gives me headaches and I don't have 3ds yet (although that I really like the "tablet" design as well)
    If you've tried the 3DS and it's been giving you headaches, there's nothing wrong with saving money and buying the 2DS. That's why it exists.

The only real downside to the 2DS is that it doesn't fold, if that doesn't bother you then it's a fine choice.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

2DS is just a cheaper, slimmer, non-foldable, non-3D version of the 3DS.
    You're not really missing out on anything apart from 3D, which gives you headaches. So, go with the 2DS.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

My answer in a nutshell: Buy what you can afford.
    For most 3DS games you won't be missing out on the 3D gimmick since it's only there to make the games look nicer.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    "Diancie is a good Pokemon because it can take a Water Pulse from Siebold's Clawitzer, so everyone stop whining about it." Some casual player on Miiverse 2014.

the graphics of the overworld aren't exactly amazing anyway.. they're good in comparison to previous titles but I would have much rather take the "gimmick" that is 3D for the overworld since I always have it on than "smoother graphics" in 2D.

I can't possibly be the only person that feels this way, the number of people here that seems to not even use 3D is pretty shocking.
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 5th September 2013 at 3:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

3D is a gimmick, most people grow tired of it after a while. The thrill wears off.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    3D is a gimmick, most people grow tired of it after a while. The thrill wears off.
    that's your opinion, though. I would have loved to see the overworld in 3D.

also I just noticed that on the Main page, you can see megacharizard's shadow right below it despite it being a sky battle.
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 5th September 2013 at 3:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    that's your opinion, though. I would have loved to see the overworld in 3D.

also I just noticed that on the Main page, you can see megacharizard's shadow right below it despite it being a sky battle.
    It's definitely a gimmick, it's not required in any way, shape, or form.

Regardless of it being a gimmick, it was always nice to have the option to have the 3D effect, now they are forcing it to only gives us the option in a limited part of the game, that by any standards seems slack IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    This is hardly an excuse, have you seen Kingdom hearts DDD? I may not overly use it but I'm disappointed by the lack of 3d, it's always great to have the option to use it for making important parts of a game look more beautiful and epic...
    Well don't fear, as the site says that 3D is available in battles and during special circumstances...I'm assuming it's important part of the games

Can i just say how awesome the cut-scene before the mega evolution is. Venusaur seems to fit the girl character really well while i'm on it ahahahah
    If you are going to be two faced at least have one of them be pretty
    Outstanding Beauty, Kindness, Love and the Blessings of Nature
    These traits create The Fairy Queen

As I can't take 3d more than 5 minutes I will buy the 2ds... as I said before. Thanks for the advice guys

Depends on the game really. In a lot of games, like Fire Emblem or Pokemon I'll agree that it adds nothing, but with stuff like Super Mario 3D land or Kid Icarus: Uprising having 3D is a great benefit. Personally I have it on all the time, since I feel that regardless of whether its required or not, 3D > 2D in terms of aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by jrmftw View Post
    Regardless of it being a gimmick, it was always nice to have the option to have the 3D effect, now they are forcing it to only gives us the option in a limited part of the game, that by any standards seems slack IMO.
    It's not slack at all. By choosing to not use 3D they put a lot more work into other aspects of the graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Depends on the game really. In a lot of games, like Fire Emblem or Pokemon I'll agree that it adds nothing, but with stuff like Super Mario 3D land or Kid Icarus: Uprising having 3D is a great benefit. Personally I have it on all the time, since I feel that regardless of whether its required or not, 3D > 2D in terms of aesthetics.
    I didn't find any benefit using the 3D in 3D Land. Maybe it's just me.

[QUOTE=Hydrohs;

I didn't find any benefit using the 3D in 3D Land. Maybe it's just me.[/QUOTE]

I agree! 3D is a sometimes fun, but unnessecay feature

I don't use the 3d slider even with games in 3d able anyway. Anytime I try I get headaches (anyone else). So taking that way and leaving us with normal "3d" ish graphics of those games is fine with me.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 69 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

I didn't find any benefit using the 3D in 3D Land. Maybe it's just me.
    Really? I know its very possible to play without 3D, hence why the Galaxy games worked, but when it came to judging jumps, especially if you're stomping on Goomba/Koopas etc. I found it was very valuable. If there's any game where the 3D benefits gameplay it was 3D land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Really? I know its very possible to play without 3D, hence why the Galaxy games worked, but when it came to judging jumps, especially if you're stomping on Goomba/Koopas etc. I found it was very valuable. If there's any game where the 3D benefits gameplay it was 3D land.
    I thought that would be great too, it was one of the things I was looking forward to, but I found no difference at all. Maybe it's because I've grown used to playing 3D platformers without auto-stereoscopic 3D.

Interesting....image.jpg
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

is it weird that ive only just had the realisation that when a pokemon uses Bounce or Fly it will no longer turn into a ball and disappear? instead it will just fly up high

I don't know why I never realised this until today considering air battle and all!

Also are we expecting the Kanto Mega Evo Graphics to be the same for every Mega Evo? with your character pressing that button?

Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    Also are we expecting the Kanto Mega Evo Graphics to be the same for every Mega Evo? with your character pressing that button?
    I'd say that's a safe assumption.

We know that it applies to Mewtwo and Lucario, at least.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    We know that it applies to Mewtwo and Lucario, at least.
    really? I must have missed the cut scene with the trainer in that trailer ill go look now

really? I must have missed the cut scene with the trainer in that trailer ill go look now
    It's not in the trailer, but it is in the screenshots on the official site and on the main site here.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 102 of 127 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast