Page 113 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    It'd be pretty sloppy of Gamefreak to not notice any graphical glitches the game has. I'm sure they still had minor adjustments from the Demo they needed to work on.
    Well, there is only a limit of what they can do. The 3DS hardware can NOT be changed, so most things can't change in a hurry. For Stuff like FPS drops, the best they can do is make the game run more efficiently, which is not easy thing to do without sacrificing Quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    for any doubts, 2:54 on the video proves your clothes change are kept in your character in-game and are not just for PSS. There's still no footage of it but i'm pretty sure you can have no hats at all.
    I'm not surprised the layout is like that.

As for hats.. I want a Towering Pillar of Hats. Ok, I doubt it.. I hope there will be a Fez. I'd Like to wear a Fez. Fezzes are cool.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

That would be cool^

I know it won't happen ever but i would love if we could use a finn hat from adventure time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Well, there is only a limit of what they can do. The 3DS hardware can be changed, so most things can't change in a hurry. For Stuff like FPS drops, the best they can do is make the game run more efficiently, which is not easy thing to do without sacrificing Quality.

I'm not surprised the layout is like that.

As for hats.. I want a Towering Pillar of Hats. Ok, I doubt it.. I hope there will be a Fez. I'd Like to wear a Fez. Fezzes are cool.
    that would be nice. a fez. Allonz-y!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3148-2744
    PM me if you want to exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not that they don't notice, it's that they can't fix them without major changes. Sacrifices must be made with handheld and console games to achieve a good balance between visuals and performance.
    What about the 3DS games that manage to have full 3D yet don't suffer framerate problems? It's not as if the 3DS is particularly underpowered, nor is it as if Pokemon is the hardest game in the world to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    What about the 3DS games that manage to have full 3D yet don't suffer framerate problems? It's not as if the 3DS is particularly underpowered, nor is it as if Pokemon is the hardest game in the world to run.
    Sorry if this sound rude. Are you the one making the game? Do you know how to make it better the GF?

Just relax, just be happy that they trying make a game for the 3ds. I really don't care if it 3d mind blowing or not. I just happy they making a new pokemon game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    Sorry if this sound rude. Are you the one making the game? Do you know how to make it better the GF?
    I don't make the game, I expect Game Freak to make it. That's why I'm giving them money; to make the best game they can for the hardware, because that's their f*cking job. There is nothing to suggest that the hardware can't handle the game.

I don't make the game, I expect Game Freak to make it. That's why I'm giving them money; to make the best game they can for the hardware, because that's their f*cking job. There is nothing to suggest that the hardware can't handle the game.
    What about those games? They're different games entirely. Different graphics engines, different programming logic, different everything.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If you look at Kid Icarus Uprising, my god graphics were goregeous, frame rate was very good and it had multiplayer and all of that in stereoscopic 3D. Honestly I just feel gamefreak didn't have enough time to spend to incorporate stereoscopic 3D while optimizing frame rate. It makes even more sense why they are releasing the 2DS on the 12th, because honestly Pokemon X and Y is a game for the 2DS, not the 3DS.

I'm so exited for pokemon X and Y, but I can never get rid of this inner voice repeating in my ears, "No stereoscopic 3D overworld". I really wanna be excited but this is just bringing me down every time. The had better make the game insanely good to compensate for this....

*Sighs
    Last edited by regidude; 19th September 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Snappy Snappy. Really, this is something new for them with Pokemon and they trying their best to make this game more awesome then Black and White 2.

That why I don't get my hope up, about something till I see it. Look at all the new stuff they adding. Even if the Pokemon not Pop out at you. The game is going be awesome, dude.

What about those games? They're different games entirely. Different graphics engines, different programming logic, different everything.
    And yet they manage to run in 3D flawlessly, while surely having more "stuff" going on at once than Pokemon does.

Does that reflect more on the game Game Freak is making, or how Game Freak is making it?

Snappy Snappy.
    I apologize for buying a system on the premise of being able to play games in stereoscopic 3D and being able to do so with every other major title, and being disappointed that this one, a title released later into the system's lifespan, when developers ought to know how best to utilize the system's architecture, is incapable of doing what the system implies I should be able to do.

Really, this is something new for them with Pokemon and they trying their best to make this game more awesome then Black and White 2.
    Of course, and I would expect nothing less.

That's why it's puzzling to me that they wouldn't use every opportunity to improve that they have available to them, including the unique hardware capability of the handheld they're developing.

That why I don't get my hope up, about something till I see it.
    I was under the impression that full use of 3D was expected from 1st party titles (at least 3rd parties kinda have an excuse?), not some form of bonus.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 19th September 2013 at 12:35 AM.

And yet they manage to run in 3D flawlessly, while surely having more "stuff" going on at once than Pokemon does.

Does that reflect more on the game Game Freak is making, or how Game Freak is making it?
    It's too difficult to compare very different games to each other. It could be the game, it could be GameFreak, it could be both. But one thing is for certain, you can't say another game has more 'stuff' going on than another. We don't know what's going on in the background.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It's too difficult to compare very different games to each other. It could be the game, it could be GameFreak, it could be both. But one thing is for certain, you can't say another game has more 'stuff' going on than another. We don't know what's going on in the background.
    I'm curious, then, how much really is going on under the hood to the point where it's necessary to sacrifice a 3D overworld and framerate in battle to allow for all of that to occur. Pokemon's no action game; neither the overworld nor the battle screen have really changed much since Gen I. Besides the addition of 3D modelling, there aren't a lot of factors in the overworld that necessitate a lot on the part of the system.

Are all of you guys (and gals) ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Pokemon X and Y DOESN'T have a stereoscopic 3 Dimensional over world and that Gamefreak wasn't just trolling us by making us wait till the ACTUAL GAMES to view the "beautiful 3d world to explore" in 3D?
    I would find it very intriguing if, Hardworking-Gamefreak did decide to break there 3d world promise.
    [edit:this is redundant I didn't know what you guys were talking about]
    Last edited by Wyrmeon; 19th September 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmeon View Post
    Are all of you guys (and gals) ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that Pokemon X and Y DOESN'T have a stereoscopic 3 Dimensional over world and that Gamefreak wasn't just trolling us by making us wait till the ACTUAL GAMES to view the "beautiful 3d world to explore" in 3D?
    I would find it very intriguing if, Hardworking-Gamefreak did decide to break there 3d world promise.
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/18...ave-3d-effect/

It was confirmed in the english commercial that aired yesterday by nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by regidude View Post
    http://mynintendonews.com/2013/09/18...ave-3d-effect/

It was confirmed in the english commercial that aired yesterday by nintendo.
    Oh... Okey sorry for my pointless rant...
    Catch a wyrmeon and it will grant your wildest dreams!

Man, some of these Mega Evolutions are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmeon View Post
    [edit:this is redundant I didn't know what you guys were talking about]
    yeah were sure..

imo it doesnt really matter, i was looking forward to seeing everything on 3d but ill settle for just the battles i guess, less hurting for my eyes heh
    POKEMON X PLANNED TEAM:

I'm curious, then, how much really is going on under the hood to the point where it's necessary to sacrifice a 3D overworld and framerate in battle to allow for all of that to occur. Pokemon's no action game; neither the overworld nor the battle screen have really changed much since Gen I. Besides the addition of 3D modelling, there aren't a lot of factors in the overworld that necessitate a lot on the part of the system.
    It could potentially have something to do with how much of the world they're rendering at any one time, if they're rendering a lot of it then they'd need more power. If they are doing that it could be something as simple as preventing needing the game to load different parts of areas as you travel. Think about a whole route, if you had to wait for a loading screen for the game to load the next part of the route that would be pretty annoying, don't you think? Better to load the whole route at once.

It could potentially have something to do with how much of the world they're rendering at any one time, if they're rendering a lot of it then they'd need more power. If they are doing that it could be something as simple as preventing needing the game to load different parts of areas as you travel. Think about a whole route, if you had to wait for a loading screen for the game to load the next part of the route that would be pretty annoying, don't you think? Better to load the whole route at once.
    yeah it probably has to do with something like that, and honestly with pokemon id much rather have less loading then a 3d overworld...
    POKEMON X PLANNED TEAM:

Quote Originally Posted by IceDX View Post
    yeah it probably has to do with something like that, and honestly with pokemon id much rather have less loading then a 3d overworld...
    True. But if gamefreak had made a great game, such a question shouldn't even arise. Pokemon X and Y should have been flawless, as in 3D stereoscopy with minimal frame rate issues. Seeing as that is not the case, it is very clear that gamefreak didn't have enough time. Where as games like Kid Icarus Uprising, Sakurai spent A LOT of time on it and that's why there are very minimal frame rate issues with the stereoscopic 3D. You also should realize that the 3D option can be turned off. It's not mandatory. That means players should have the option of wanting more graphics or wanting more frame rate. It should be an option. Gamefreak just outright removing 3D overworld doesn't give players like me the option to see the over world in stereoscopic 3D at the sacrifice of frame rate. That's my only complaint, just not giving me the option.

Pokemon X and Y should have been flawless
    A perfect game never exists. Every game has its flaws. Be thankful it's just the overworld not having stereoscopy 3D and nothing that actually affects gameplay value.
    3DS- ZXChris93
    FC - 4055-3207-2277

Current Game(s) playing: Fire Emblem Awakening

Current Pokemon Game(s):

Pokemon Black 2
    Chris
    FC - 5201-1751-1704

I am always up for a battle, anytime

True. But if gamefreak had made a great game, such a question shouldn't even arise. Pokemon X and Y should have been flawless, as in 3D stereoscopy with minimal frame rate issues. Seeing as that is not the case, it is very clear that gamefreak didn't have enough time. Where as games like Kid Icarus Uprising, Sakurai spent A LOT of time on it and that's why there are very minimal frame rate issues with the stereoscopic 3D. You also should realize that the 3D option can be turned off. It's not mandatory. That means players should have the option of wanting more graphics or wanting more frame rate. It should be an option. Gamefreak just outright removing 3D overworld doesn't give players like me the option to see the over world in stereoscopic 3D at the sacrifice of frame rate. That's my only complaint, just not giving me the option.
    So you're either complaining about framerate/lack of 3D or bad graphics. Which do you want? You can't have it all. GameFreak has had years to work on this, time is not the issue. If a game supports the atuo-stereoscopic effect you will always have a drop in framerate, whether your slider is all the way up or down doesn't matter. The 3DS constantly renders the effect.

Every game has it's flaws dude, no matter how much time is put into it.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

So you're either complaining about framerate/lack of 3D or bad graphics. Which do you want? You can't have it all. GameFreak has had years to work on this, time is not the issue. If a game supports the atuo-stereoscopic effect you will always have a drop in framerate, whether your slider is all the way up or down doesn't matter. The 3DS constantly renders the effect.
    Oh I didn't know that whether your slider is all the way up or down frame rate is always affected! Well that changes everything about my comment. I thought frame rate is affected depending on whether you have the slider up or down. Thanks for clearing that up. Hmmm...my apologies I really didn't know about that detail.

Whoa, now the 2DS debacle makes more sense :L I guess a 3D-effect overworld will have to wait until next generation then... I guess it wasn't a priority and in a way I don't think it was, necessarily- but considering how anticipated these games are, I dunno- I would have thought that could have been worked into it
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Whoa, now the 2DS debacle makes more sense :L I guess a 3D-effect overworld will have to wait until next generation then... I guess it wasn't a priority and in a way I don't think it was, necessarily- but considering how anticipated these games are, I dunno- I would have thought that could have been worked into it
    Yes, but you know with the really first trailer back in January which starts with: "Discover a breathtaking new 3D world" you expect to discover a breathtaking new 3D world not simply something in 3D here and there. They could have said from the beginning "Discover a breathtaking new partially 3D world". They shout 3D everywhere and then they put a microscopic line in a tv spot to reveal that this breathtaking 3D world is not in 3D, and when? When we are less then a month from the games. Why didn't they make a pokemon direct to make this huge announcement? This is misleading advertising. I actually don't care that much about 3D but yes, they trolled us.
    Last edited by john90; 19th September 2013 at 3:22 AM.

Page 113 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast