Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    We know that every trainer will have their Sugi art shown at the beginning of the battle.
    I see no point of not giving lesser trainers their own animations. They're already 3d models to begin with.

I think the lesser trainers will have short poses, while important characters will have longer cutscenes.
    I completely agree with you here! I hope you are right! this topic has been bugging me for a while : (.

I mean in previous generations, un-important characters didn't get animated sprites till BW2, but they still had in battle sprites... I think they clearly need to be shown in battle, something to replace trainer sprites, and I don't think 2D art is a good enough replacement to be honest... It will be so weird...Imagine; 'You are challenged by Lass' (2D still art pops up) and a pokeball gets thrown from nowhere... Kinda like the Stadium battles in Pokemon Stadium...

I just hope it works out the way you said!

But then again if it is like you said where we get 2D art as intro and then 3D models with short animations, Why haven't they included Sycamore, Flare and the Rival's 2D arts at the start of their battles?

Quote Originally Posted by kemal07 View Post
    I completely agree with you here! I hope you are right! this topic has been bugging me for a while : (.

I mean in previous generations, un-important characters didn't get animated sprites till BW2, but they still had in battle sprites... I think they clearly need to be shown in battle, something to replace trainer sprites, and I don't think 2D art is a good enough replacement to be honest... It will be so weird...Imagine; 'You are challenged by Lass' (2D still art pops up) and a pokeball gets thrown from nowhere... Kinda like the Stadium battles in Pokemon Stadium...

I just hope it works out the way you said!

But then again if it is like you said where we get 2D art as intro and then 3D models with short animations, Why haven't they included Sycamore, Flare and the Rival's 2D arts at the start of their battles?
    I think I read somewhere(in one of the preview/interview articles that are all around the internet) that it alternates between the art and a pose. I might have read it wrong, or remembered it wrong though. I'm going to try and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoWorldReport
    Not only do trainers talk to you, but before a battle you’ll get either an animated sequence from them or a beautiful portrait, giving the trainers a bit more character
    So it seems it alternates for normal trainers but for Gym leaders I'd say you get both. Korrina had a portrait and an animation in one of the trailers.(though her animation wasn't her full model but the smaller one.)
    Last edited by Fee; 22nd September 2013 at 3:23 PM.

I think they'll all have some type of pose when battling them, some may have more, but regular trainers may just have a standard losing or winning pose maybe.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I think that all trainers will get 3D VS art, it would look odd for main characters to get 3D models but normal trainers getting artwork, I think that Lass art we saw could've been a stand in? maybe they hadn't made the 3D models yet, remember that the trailer said 'not the final footage'

Quote Originally Posted by water trainer View Post
    I think that all trainers will get 3D VS art, it would look odd for main characters to get 3D models but normal trainers getting artwork, I think that Lass art we saw could've been a stand in? maybe they hadn't made the 3D models yet, remember that the trailer said 'not the final footage'
    I doubt that the Lass artwork was a stand a stand-in?
    Besides also gym leaders have AW........I think that there are cutscenes, that's why some trainers will have a 3d model at the beginning of the battle.

The lass battle scene was shown pretty early in the games promotional footage, so its always possible they changed several things. This happens in pretty much all the main games where we see several things early on and its changed in the final game. Especially if we end up being able to dress as other NPCs.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    The lass battle scene was shown pretty early in the games promotional footage, so its always possible they changed several things. This happens in pretty much all the main games where we see several things early on and its changed in the final game. Especially if we end up being able to dress as other NPCs.
    If there is a cape in X and Y I picture everyone and their grandma wearing it

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

The lass battle scene was shown pretty early in the games promotional footage, so its always possible they changed several things. This happens in pretty much all the main games where we see several things early on and its changed in the final game.
    It's the same with Korrin, who was revealed fairly recently.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    It's the same with Korrin, who was revealed fairly recently.
    Hm, then its weird if only the rivals and Prof + Flare has those special models, but Gym Leaders and regular trainers don't. That lack of consistency would be :/
    #BuyUltraviolance

Hm, then its weird if only the rivals and Prof + Flare has those special models, but Gym Leaders and regular trainers don't. That lack of consistency would be :/
    Eh. It wouldn't be the first time that only certain trainers got special introductory animations. In BW, only Bianca, Cheren, and N had animated sprites. In this case, it seems as though only important story-related characters will have 3D intro models, which makes enough sense.

I certainly don't expect regular trainers to have 3D intro models.

But maybe you'll get lucky and they'll pull a B2W2 by giving everyone 3D intro models in the sequel/*shudders* third game.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

From that new rumor
    It says we see yveltal when we first start the game
    Is this just for those getting Y?
    And will me and the others getting X see xerneas?
    The rumor didn't state what game they played
    I hope that its xerneas in X and yveltal in Y
    Would be really great having a connection with the legendary on your box from the get go

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    From that new rumor
    Would be really great having a connection with the legendary on your box from the get go
    This reminded me something. Maybe we can have a chance to catch both legendaries in one game like how we did in Gold/Silver.

POKÉMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE | IGN: VITTORIA | 3DS FC: 2165 - 6014 - 0811

From that new rumor
    Xerneas was never mentioned so yes, it's okay to assume that it's thew opening cinematic for Pokemon Y.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

From that new rumor
    Is it the intro from before the game starts, or after you pick your character? If it's the latter it's wrong because a fletchling wakes you up.

Edit: It looks like it's the intro leading to the main menu. I seriously find the opening suspicious by Pokemon standards. How do they know which gender we'll pick before we actually pick it?
    Last edited by diakyu; 24th September 2013 at 5:14 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

What if the Sugi Art is on the Bottom Screen and the 3D model is on the top screen?

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    What if the Sugi Art is on the Bottom Screen and the 3D model is on the top screen?
    That would be cool but then there will be a lack of focus as in which one to look at bottom or top? because it is only a few second thing ,,, but im pretty sure that in one of the 3D battle intro's Sycamore stood still until the player pressed the button to move on for him to throw his pokeball for the actual battle.

Another reason why I think it wouldn't happen is because; it would be odd if both the screens has the text 'you are challenged by', one below the 3D model and one below the 2D art

That would be cool but then there will be a lack of focus as in which one to look at bottom or top? because it is only a few second thing ,,, but im pretty sure that in one of the 3D battle intro's Sycamore stood still until the player pressed the button to move on for him to throw his pokeball for the actual battle.

Another reason why I think it wouldn't happen is because; it would be odd if both the screens has the text 'you are challenged by', one below the 3D model and one below the 2D art
    They could very easily just have text in one spot if they do display both images on either screen.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    They could very easily just have text in one spot if they do display both images on either screen.
    Yeh but in the images of the VS Lass trainer class intro and the 3D models of the Grunts in the battle intro, we can see that they both have the text 'You are challenged by'... so I don't think this will happen

I just think all trainers really need in battle 3D Models,,, since gen one we have had trainer sprites whether animatic or not, So they need to have in battle 3D models of trainers to replace the idea of trainer sprites... I mean, I don't think a few second 2D art of the trainer at the beginning of the battle in the form of a VS Banner is enough...

Think about it, Gym Leaders E4 and other important characters had, VS Banners as openings, and then we see the animated trainer sprite and then a Pokeball thrown into battle, even with other trainer classes, even though we haven't had any VS Banner like openings for them, we have always had trainer sprites at the start and end of the battle.

If they don't have 3D models of the trainers, it will literally be,,, You are challenged by (2D still artwork of the trainer class), battle starts and Pokeball gets thrown out of nowhere similar to the Stadium battles.

Another reason why I feel there is a chance of the trainer classes having 3D in battle models is because at the end of the battle they need to make a comment like they do in all the other games at the end of their battle, it would be weird reading the trainer classes comments while focusing on a blank background at the end of the battle
    Last edited by kemal07; 24th September 2013 at 11:24 PM.

If they don't have 3D models of the trainers, it will literally be,,, You are challenged by (2D still artwork of the trainer class), battle starts and Pokeball gets thrown out of nowhere similar to the Stadium battles.

Another reason why I feel there is a chance of the trainer classes having 3D in battle models is because at the end of the battle they need to make a comment like they do in all the other games at the end of their battle, it would be weird reading the trainer classes comments while focusing on a blank background at the end of the battle
    There will be 3D models for sure, unless they're invisible on the overworld.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Yeh but in the images of the VS Lass trainer class intro and the 3D models of the Grunts in the battle intro, we can see that they both have the text 'You are challenged by'... so I don't think this will happen

I just think all trainers really need in battle 3D Models,,, since gen one we have had trainer sprites whether animatic or not, So they need to have in battle 3D models of trainers to replace the idea of trainer sprites... I mean, I don't think a few second 2D art of the trainer at the beginning of the battle in the form of a VS Banner is enough...

Think about it, Gym Leaders E4 and other important characters had, VS Banners as openings, and then we see the animated trainer sprite and then a Pokeball thrown into battle, even with other trainer classes, even though we haven't had any VS Banner like openings for them, we have always had trainer sprites at the start and end of the battle.

In the demo o the game, The trainer is show in one of the background with lining going across of it as the talking and tossed the pokeball and the do have to end battle quote thing.

Lyndell's 3DS XL: 2380 2934 0909
    Bug Safari:
    Pokemon X Lyndell

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Is it the intro from before the game starts, or after you pick your character? If it's the latter it's wrong because a fletchling wakes you up.

Edit: It looks like it's the intro leading to the main menu. I seriously find the opening suspicious by Pokemon standards. How do they know which gender we'll pick before we actually pick it?
    It may pull the info from the 3DS, my 3DS has my gender inputted. Or it could just be like Ruby/Sapphire where the into was randomly either the boy or girl

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

I would be surprised if they don't let you choose your gender. I'm sure they'll manage to fit in a choice at the start, rather than say base it on your 3ds Mii gender.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    I would be surprised if they don't let you choose your gender. I'm sure they'll manage to fit in a choice at the start, rather than say base it on your 3ds Mii gender.
    I think they're just talking about the game's opening intro before the title screen, not anywhere in the actual game.

having no 3d models for trainers would be stupid because they always say something after they're beaten. Anyways, if we can get pokemon patterns for clothes it would be amazing!
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

To me it is suspcious that no trainer class 3D model has been shown so far... just those of important chatacters excluiding gym leader's. To me, maybe it is either because there is no 3D models for them, or because they don't want to spoil all the thing. So, showing us Sycamore's and Rival's they just let us see the tip of the iceberg. another posibility is, that you can turn off those animations, just like attacks animations, and those 2D art, were a example of how it is shown up in off mode. remember they said you can alter battle's speed, and without those animations, battle would be indeed faster.

"Karlos, look me in the eyes and tell me you Love Pokemon more than you Love me... I dare you..." -Matthew Knight.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/voboy1.png[/IMG]
    I'm your tiny birdy!! (I drew it)

Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast