Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I don't see facial hair anywhere on calem's face lol
    and also I'm glad there's at least some way to not wear a hat. I was starting to think it was just rival-exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

In trailers the camera sort of moved to give a nice view of pokemon attacks, while ingame I never see this happen.

Is this camera movement a special option, or does it only happen with certain attacks?

I never noticed cloud shadows showed on the ground in every route. Nice touch.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post
    In trailers the camera sort of moved to give a nice view of pokemon attacks, while ingame I never see this happen.

Is this camera movement a special option, or does it only happen with certain attacks?
    I'm wondering about this too. It made battles look 1000x better and I was disappointed when I watched that test battle on Pokemon smash that the same didn't happen.

~A new adventure is just about to begin.
    Pokemon Crossroads Forum
    3DS / Pokemon X Friend Code: 0903 2751 0161
    Consecutive Fishing Shiny Guide | [T]eam [P]aragon

Quote Originally Posted by Cingen View Post

i don't know. i'd love to see this in game, because it made it more exciting. i haven't seen it on people's let's plays either, so i'm not sure how it works.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

My favourite new 3D sprite animation is definitely Magikarp. It just flops uselessly on the ground. What more to love?

this game is so beautiful i'm only on my third gym so i haven't seen all the pokemon sprites but from what i've seen so far cities/people etc... Its awesome this game is everything i expected and more.
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

Does anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed by the graphics? They are a big step up but I was hoping the graphics would be similar to PMD on the 3DS but the graphics are half-cartoon/half-trying to be 3D, it is like make your mind up!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    Does anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed by the graphics? They are a big step up but I was hoping the graphics would be similar to PMD on the 3DS but the graphics are half-cartoon/half-trying to be 3D, it is like make your mind up!
    they are doing a more cartoony version of the normal console games like battle rev, xd, stadium, etc. IMO, they did a great job.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    they are doing a more cartoony version of the normal console games like battle rev, xd, stadium, etc. IMO, they did a great job.
    I just think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon really good graphics and I thought that this game was going to be similar (in terms of graphics) but some of them are quite poor. I do have a 3DS XL so maybe it would look better on the smaller 3DS. I am just amazed that in 2013, Pokemon are still looking too pixelly.

It's a whole new place,

Before anything else, you guys should know that GF is capable of doing smooth graphics (see HarmoKnight).

Even with the shift to 3D, I believe Masuda said that they prefer to keep the cartoonish sprite-like style of the game that we've gotten used to, rather than use smooth models. They did a very impressive job if you ask me.

Besides, this is their first main series Pokémon game on the 3DS. We can expect the future titles to have more improvement. I'm sure that by the time the sequel/3rd version comes out, the graphics will be updated.

.: It's time... | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I just think Pokemon Mystery Dungeon really good graphics and I thought that this game was going to be similar (in terms of graphics) but some of them are quite poor. I do have a 3DS XL so maybe it would look better on the smaller 3DS. I am just amazed that in 2013, Pokemon are still looking too pixelly.
    it was never trying to emulate pmd at all. For a handheld game, the graphics are very good.
    I am capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level by speaking. A mere flick of my finger is sufficient to alter the gravitational pull of the planet. I shelve physics texts under "fiction" in my personal library. I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics loose guidelines, at best. In short, I am grasping the reins of the universe's carriage, and every morning I wake up, look the heavens and shout "Giddy up, boy!" You may never grasp the complexities of what I do, but at least have the common courtesy to feign something other than slack-jawed oblivion in my presence. I, sir, am a wizard, and I break more natural laws before breakfast than of which you are even aware.
    -Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick. (with all due respect to Rich Burlew)

I love the prettyness of this game, and many of the attack animations are way above BWs. It's very entertaining to watch battles now. I have two nitpicks though.

I just wish the pokemon idlely did more in the battle. I don't know. I know that's a lot of work but...I would like some idle animations that showed some personality.

I love the camera angles it chooses, but I WISH to god that instead of some of them snapping back to the normal view, they'd slide back. The snap looks good for a few, but angles that just float away from the original angle would feel better just flowing back into it.

Maybe I'm just being weird I don't know.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 14th October 2013 at 2:13 AM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I don't see facial hair anywhere on calem's face lol
    and also I'm glad there's at least some way to not wear a hat. I was starting to think it was just rival-exclusive.
    WHAT? How do you not-wear a hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemage21 View Post
    it was never trying to emulate pmd at all. For a handheld game, the graphics are very good.
    Well they are both Pokemon games so I thought they would have used similar graphics. It was advertised as 3D but most of the game isn't even in 3D! It is a bit funny really. Maybe I will get used to in time but I was just a but shocked. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is so cool to explore caves and things now, with the new graphics but it is just different to what I expected.

It's a whole new place,

Like the graphics so far. Was hoping for a little more of a 3d experience, but other than that, I'm not disappointed in the slightest. For a first venture, Game Freak did a good job .
    Looking forward to the release of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Well they are both Pokemon games so I thought they would have used similar graphics.
    They're made by two different companies.

It was advertised as 3D but most of the game isn't even in 3D! It is a bit funny really. Maybe I will get used to in time but I was just a but shocked. I mean, don't get me wrong, it is so cool to explore caves and things now, with the new graphics but it is just different to what I expected.
    They're technically still 3D, just 3D models, not the autostereoscopic 3D that the 3DS uses.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

game looks amazing i think. First time i saw golbat come out, i was like "Oh my god, he looks so awesome"

Glad iv got a lvl 100 to bring across when poke bank comes along.
    Sunny Day means only one thing to me , Chlorophyll .

Friend code : 4699-6320-4741 , Feel free to add me, maybe add to your friend safari.

Minor thing I've just come across, but battle animations no longer play when attacking your ally in a Double Battle.

Has anybody else seen a noticeable FPS drop with the 3D on in battles?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nanobots View Post
    Has anybody else seen a noticeable FPS drop with the 3D on in battles?
    There are FPS drops with or without 3D on. The game is always rendering in 3D, adjusting the slider just changes whether you can see it or not.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There are FPS drops with or without 3D on. The game is always rendering in 3D, adjusting the slider just changes whether you can see it or not.
    Yes, but I am pretty sure there is a good 10 FPS drop when the slider is up all the way during battles with 2 complicated pokemon being rendered at the same time. Its just not rendering the autostereoscopic effects to the screen when the slider is off.
    Last edited by The_Nanobots; 17th October 2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Nanobots View Post
    Yes, but I am pretty sure there is a good 10 FPS drop when the slider is up all the way during battles with 2 complicated pokemon being rendered at the same time.
    The frame rate drops when 3D is on in every 3DS game, that's one of the reasons why hardly anyone uses the 3D any more.

It shouldn't make any difference, there's no difference in what the game is doing. You may notice it more, however, because the screen is refreshing less.

the graphics remind me of N64 games ^-^
    *sighs*
    good times

Page 121 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 ... LastLast