Page 125 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    Plus it's animated sprite shows it struggling to stay in the air.

I love it's model though, it looks silly and amusing like Eelektross's personally.
    Eelektross looks so awesome, small, really small, but awesome. It's old B/W sprite annoyed me, especially its back sprite where it felt too big and rocked back and fourth across the screen.
    Maybe next gen they'll get its size "just right".
    Shame Huntail could not have moved in a similar fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    I don't mind megagengar, the shiny is awesome and megalakazam's legs do look akward. About charizard i also agree, one of my favorite megas is charizard Y.

Archeops is ok IMO, he's the 1st bird so i don't mind him looking like how he does.
    I think its because I liked the old Gengar so much, and its mega is such a striking change. Normally once I've battled using one I always start to warm up to hated designs.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 23rd December 2013 at 9:08 PM.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

Chesnaught looks really dumb when he uses Wood Hammer. I've never been clear on what Wood Hammer is supposed to be--is it a tail attack? A chop? A body-slam? It seems like Chesnaught doesn't know, either--it just turns one way, and attacks by turning 180 degrees the opposite direction. It looks clunky and out-of-place next to its other, fluid animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    Pokeball effects are only present on wifi and when catching a pokemon. This sucks, that's like the only reason i use other balls is because of the effects of releasing a pokemon
    I disagree. I refused to use Timer Balls and dreaded using Net Balls because of their release animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Chesnaught looks really dumb when he uses Wood Hammer. I've never been clear on what Wood Hammer is supposed to be--is it a tail attack? A chop? A body-slam? It seems like Chesnaught doesn't know, either--it just turns one way, and attacks by turning 180 degrees the opposite direction. It looks clunky and out-of-place next to its other, fluid animations.

I disagree. I refused to use Timer Balls and dreaded using Net Balls because of their release animations.
    If it makes you feel better, that's the animation for wood hammer for everyone.
    It is baffling bad in a game with otherwise nice move animations.

I'm pretty sure it's just bashing someone with the most logical, thickest part of the body. So...arms, mostly. I think Torterra does it with his tree?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If it makes you feel better, that's the animation for wood hammer for everyone.
    It is baffling bad in a game with otherwise nice move animations.

I'm pretty sure it's just bashing someone with the most logical, thickest part of the body. So...arms, mostly. I think Torterra does it with his tree?
    I always imagined it as their arms/legs turning in wood and smashing them into the opponent like a wooden mallet.
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

One thing I really like is how Kangaskhan's baby actually shows emotion now like when Kangaskhan faints. Unlike the previous games where it was lifeless. Also, GameFreak brought back Gengar's model animation from Pokémon Stadium.

marill's amie animations are cute. she stripped me of my manhood lol anyway' i wish we could pick backgrounds for wifi battles. we already have the choice in music, why not background? but it's fine. all these little things i imagine could be in the next installment
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by greninja vi View Post
    marill's amie animations are cute. She stripped me of my manhood lol anyway' i wish we could pick backgrounds for wifi battles. We already have the choice in music, why not background? But it's fine. All these little things i imagine could be in the next installment
    Quote Originally Posted by greninja vi View Post
    she stripped me of my manhood
    I'm sorry... WHAT!?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I'm sorry... WHAT!?
    lmao i guess i worded that wrong. marill's just adorable it made me melt a little coming from a guy who usually likes how bad *** pokemon are animated like ttar and zoroark
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    Plus it's animated sprite shows it struggling to stay in the air.

I love it's model though, it looks silly and amusing like Eelektross's personally.
    oh yeah, forgot about eelektross. that's another one that entered my favorites with the model. In b/w he was meh but now...oh man, now he just looks so great. Now i know why he has levitate.
    chestnaught's wood hammer is riddiculous. Abomasnow's is not much better. Some animations are truly lazy.

But despite all that, i'm still so amazed by the upgrade on the pokemon overall. This gen might not be as great as D/P/Pt in terms of an actually decent challenge or have a great storyline as b/w (which i still think this gen's story is as good as b/w's) but it's visually beautifull, just like masuda said the theme would be. Good jog GF, good job.
    THE HYPE IS REAL! HOENN IN 3D! My favorite gen! <3 you GF

<3 you: greninja, furfrou, meowtic m, barbaracle, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, avalugg, noivern, yveltal, megaY, mega megamegamegamega

the very best:

I noticed that at the start of a battle every pokeball animation is the same, yet sending them out in the middle of a battle has the different pokeball effects, i wonder why that is

My favorite thing about the models is the fainting animations. :P
    FORMER Fairy Gym Leader
    Alvar Badge
    Elve Badge
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) FairyWitch(userbar)

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    They definitely did a very good job with the artstyle and graphics. The best Pokemon has looked IMO, I think it looks better than the sprites; Gen 5 was nice but you could tell the sprites were starting to look a bit 'eh'.

I'm just amazed that they created unique models, textures and animations for every single Pokemon.
    Making animations is much easier with 3D models than it is with sprites. Each frame in a sprite animation has to be done from scratch, with 3D modelling the program itself handles the inbetween frames, you need only put your model in the poses you want.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggers View Post
    Crystal was actually the only Pokemon game to have each frame of a sprite animation done from scratch; the sprite animations in the games that followed all use tweening, which is a lot like the approach to 3D animation you mentioned. I still think that the 3D models get off a lot easier than the sprites did with this approach, though, because they don't have the same constraints as sprites. The sprites get their pixels smushed together and loads of them don't much other than bob their head or move ever so slightly.
    Aren't B/W the only ones that use tweening? Crystal, Emerald and D/P/P/HG/SS are true animations, not just distortions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Aren't B/W the only ones that use tweening? Crystal, Emerald and D/P/P/HG/SS are true animations, not just distortions.
    BW's animation does its animation a lot differently because the sprites are sliced and parts are animated individually. BW uses a skeletal animation technique (bones).

Meanwhile, Emerald, DPPT, and HGSS only have two main sprites which are distorted, moved around, resized, etc. to show animation.

Crystal is the one that has actual frame by frame animation.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I think the graphics are great. I wish I got a normal 3ds instead of an XL...the pixels are a little bit bigger, which ruins the smoothness of game :|

Quote Originally Posted by Curo View Post
    I think the graphics are great. I wish I got a normal 3ds instead of an XL...the pixels are a little bit bigger, which ruins the smoothness of game :|
    I almost got the XL, but the guy that worked in the store convinced me not to and I am thankful for that
    Signature edited due to exceeding font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    MF FC: 4227-2057-1261

National pokedex challenge completed!
    National pokedex completed 3 days before New Year.
    Thnx to all who helped me

Haha I actually wish I had an XL since my hands are too big for my regular 3DS. xD
    Hoenn Squad

I dunno, I have a regular 3DS and an XL and I think X & Y look great on both. You definitely can notice pixels while playing on the XL, but it's not that annoying. I think the game scales up nicely. Pixelation is a little more noticeable during battles, but I still am not annoyed by it.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

A few things about the modified cries...

some were very good: serperior, samurott, zapdos, exploud, empoleon, zebstrika

yet others are pretty bad: pelipper, sceptile, tentacruel, infernape, charizard

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I actually believe the 'DS-like' feel was intentional. When the visual style changes quite a bit, I think GF prioritised on making these games feel like a pokemon game, which explains all the references to other games and regions, and even taking a few ideas from them.

Santalune forest was quite similar to Viridian Forest in design, and is the only other place in all of pokemon where wild Pikachu are naturally found. Route 22 is an obvious reference to Kanto's own Route 22 which also led to Victory Road. The frickin' Kanto starters are given to you. Catching Furfrou at Parfum Palace was like the Farfetch'd puzzle in Ilex forest. Snorlax and the Pokéflute. Connecting cave filled with Zubat.

And all this is before the 2nd gym badge. For every new feature and dazzling spectacle like riding pokemon or Mega Evolution you have another throwback.
    I especially loved this aspect of these games! Especially when mewtwo pulled out his original red and blue moveset, I nearly screamed!
    Last edited by XXD17; 31st December 2013 at 8:08 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

I especially wanna hear the modified cries of the pokebank legendaries.
    My FC is 3136-7747-4882.
    My Friend Safari is a Water type with , , and .

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    I especially loved this aspect of these games! Especially when mewtwo pulled out his original red and blue moveset, I nearly screamed!
    It's close to the same set, but not quite; RBY Mewtwo came with Swift/Psychic/Barrier/Recover, whereas XY Mewtwo comes with Recover/Psychic/Barrier/Aura Sphere.

Oh God, I just got to Azure Bay, and the camera is horrible here. It's zoomed in so much to the point where you can't see where you're going. Can we please have a controllable camera next game? Between this and Lumiose City, I'm getting fed up to the point where I think it might be necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Oh God, I just got to Azure Bay, and the camera is horrible here. It's zoomed in so much to the point where you can't see where you're going. Can we please have a controllable camera next game? Between this and Lumiose City, I'm getting fed up to the point where I think it might be necessary.
    It's mainly those two places that have funky camera angles. At least, I can't think of any other places like them off the top of my head. Other places seem to handle it better, with some actually making nice use of the angles, so it's not all bad. In case you haven't tried it yet, try riding your bike in Lumiose City. It will save you some of the headache since it zooms out a bit.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

They're trying to show you what they want you to see with the camera in those places, which is not a good way to go about it.

For Lumiose, I much prefer using the roller skates, on the Bike the camera is angled down so it's harder to tell where you are, it's angled up with the roller skates.

I prefer the bike in Lumiose City, if only for the added speed getting around. Roller skates aren't bad, but the bike suits me better than the roller skates. That, and chances are I'll just go to a taxi and get to my destination quickly, so the camera angle isn't as much of a problem.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Page 125 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127 LastLast