Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post

It just bugs me that with all the technical improvement and whatnot they still can't make Flamethrower to look like it is coming out of the users mouth and not spontaneously emerging from 2 feet below from where it is supposed to be.
    They probably watched Dragonball Z before coding the game.

I'm curious what they will use the D-Pad for. I'd like it if you could register items to the D-Pad, and each direction could be a different item.

They probably won't even use the D-Pad though.

Quote Originally Posted by busterj99 View Post
    Idk why but the male trainer looks a bit....awkward
    Am I the only one who likes the new Male character?
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    I'm curious what they will use the D-Pad for. I'd like it if you could register items to the D-Pad, and each direction could be a different item.

I hope it will still be used as means of navigation. I absolutely hate the circle pad for whatever reason—I only use it when I have to.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

No your not, I actually kinda think hes cute >w< I'm so going to be the boy.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    No your not, I actually kinda think hes cute >w< I'm so going to be the boy.

He'd be much cuter without the hat :}

I dunno about this actually being part of gameplay, but I'm hoping for some seriously epic music. If anyone here's played Kid Icarus Uprising then you know what I mean. 3ds is close to, if not on par with the wii, so I'm setting my standards high for X n' Y.

Personally, I'm kind of dissatisfied with the graphics because they could be alot better, but that won't stop me from enjoying the games. Anyway, I bet they still have plenty of things to work out before the post-production phase. I just hope the male character gets a wardrobe change, even if its just a different colored jacket. 3 blue suits in a row is just tacky.
    Take a melody,
    simple as can be.
    give it some words
    and sweet harmony...
    -MOTHER

I dunno about this actually being part of gameplay, but I'm hoping for some seriously epic music. If anyone here's played Kid Icarus Uprising then you know what I mean. 3ds is close to, if not on par with the wii, so I'm setting my standards high for X n' Y.

Personally, I'm kind of dissatisfied with the graphics because they could be alot better, but that won't stop me from enjoying the games. Anyway, I bet they still have plenty of things to work out before the post-production phase. I just hope the male character gets a wardrobe change, even if its just a different colored jacket. 3 blue suits in a row is just tacky.
    Take a melody,
    simple as can be.
    give it some words
    and sweet harmony...
    -MOTHER

Can't do pokemon in 3D. It needs to look animated to be right...now it looks like a bad live-action movie. I was scared when I saw the graphics of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity, and now i know I had a right to be frightened. Pokemon in 3D makes me vomit. Why can't they sti ck with what has worked for the last fifteen years/ Has Game Freak never heard of jumping the Sharpedo?

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem View Post
    Can't do pokemon in 3D. It needs to look animated to be right...now it looks like a bad live-action movie. I was scared when I saw the graphics of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity, and now i know I had a right to be frightened. Pokemon in 3D makes me vomit. Why can't they sti ck with what has worked for the last fifteen years/ Has Game Freak never heard of jumping the Sharpedo?
    Because you can't stick to sprites forever. People would have started calling Gamefreak out. This is the natural evolution. Just strap in and let it happen.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Because you can't stick to sprites forever. People would have started calling Gamefreak out. This is the natural evolution. Just strap in and let it happen.
    In addition, keeping Pokemon in sprite form would have been a waste of the 3DS's capabilities. The game will probably look better once we have it in our hands, anyway.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    who knows? they might.
    most of what we say was the pokemon attacking, maybe while we are picking our attacks the camera angle might change.
    From the looks of the trailers, it seems they are still generally sticking to the same angle as in previous pokemon games. We just get 3D pokemon, a complete background instead of blank space and a more active camera view.

Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    From the looks of the trailers, it seems they are still generally sticking to the same angle as in previous pokemon games. We just get 3D pokemon, a complete background instead of blank space and a more active camera view.
    Well, at least it's an improvement on the pixelated BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewareman View Post
    I like the graphics. They look stylized, kinda reminds me of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (My favorite one, btw). And everyone is thinking we will get customization this time around, so who knows. Maybe your wish might be granted. And, blue jackets are really the predominant style in the Pokémon world, apparently.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I just like the overhead view better.
    But its just my opinion.

Shinies:

I am the boss

I like his hat lol
    Fennekin Forever!!!!!

White
    FC : 1120 2645 4574

[IMG] [/IMG]

Everyone is forgetting that the games is still in production. It will get better. Castelia city looked a lot worse when we first saw it, and so did some areas of Sinnoh when we first saw Diamond and Pearl. Also to everyone watching the trailer remember that the video is stretched on youtube and other sites, watching it straight from the 3DS would be better.

No you're not I also like him. Yeah his color scheme reminds me of Hilbert somewhat but I still like him in the end.

The trailer actually mentioned that the game footage used isn't final.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I love what they've showed so far, every new generation has brought up a lot of awesome things, I'm excited! I hope they do pre- and evolutions of previous pokemon in this gen, I hope they finally add a dark gym leader, and I hope they DONT add another water one... or electric... I really wish they do many pokemon, maybe the 100+ needed for 750? I love the variety, I'm rly excited I wasn't this exited for Gen 5 and I loved it!

3DS FC: 2122 6109 3377

Been a few days now and I still think the over-world looks a bit ugly. I understand that nothing is final but looking at first images released of B/W, not much changed.

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
    To seize everything you ever wanted-
    One moment
    Would you capture it or just let it slip?

Yeah, I think the overworld looks a bit unfinished at the moment. However, it may take longer than the other games for them to finalize it, because it's 3d, you know? I assume that that would be more difficult than in the previous gens, where they just used pixels.
    Of course, I'm not entirely sure if I'm right about this, but it would make sense.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Don't forget that they are trying something new, and the fact that 3DS images look better on an actual 3DS.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

The overworld looks like a pokemon overworld to me. I really don't see the emptiness. Except in that one picture of the desert. But then again it is a desert and it's not going to be the most vibrant of places.

I really like the forest area they showed in the trailer for some reason.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    Yea the protagonist needs customizable features.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    Been a few days now and I still think the over-world looks a bit ugly. I understand that nothing is final but looking at first images released of B/W, not much changed.
    It's still in Beta.
    P.S. nice sig. Loose Yourself
    3DS FC: 1048 8840 4517 Ghost
    GIVE US DELTA EMERALD
    OR GIVE US DEATH

Well at least the video game equivalent

A dream 16 years in the making.

so since this is on the 3ds they can obviously improve the battle animations and actually showcase pokemon moving and attacking you right? I saw the trailer but the graphics weren't as impressive as i was hoping, but i know it will probably look better once new stuff comes out.

The World God Only knows

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar trainer View Post
    I understand that nothing is final but looking at first images released of B/W, not much changed.

Umm...
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Page 14 of 127 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast