Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I'm more curious about seeing the actual pokemon you're surfing/flying on, rather than the generic silhouette fish/bird thing.
    I'd like to see surfing on an Azurill :P
    All your Kirby are belong to us! (>' . ')> (>' . ')>(>' . ')> (b^-^)b

I am proud to present my first wild shiny since the 3rd Generation, Magikarp!
    ...We all got to start somewhere, right?

FC: 0602-6317-4560
    Friend Safari: Electric-Pachirisu, Stunfisk, Manectric
    Add me if you want to, I'll add most anyone. Just shoot me a PM if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    I'd like to see surfing on an Azurill :P
    Yeah and flying on a Pidgey!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yeah and flying on a Pidgey!
    Lol that is just one of the many weird things in Pokémon !

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    They can add new things into the game that wasn't there before.
    So its going to have updates.....hmmmm this is very pleasing to me.
    Just because I remember when skyrim would get updates I would get sooo excited!
    I love this idea very much!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

For that reason (the small surfing/flying pokemon) I think we will still have the black blob pokemon to surf/fly on, just in 3D graphics. To keep it safe.

Not that I would hate it not being the blobs, I would love to fly on a pokemon I pick in the game. But I don't think it will happen.

Back home! TO HOENN!

Poochyena is claimed by me!
        Spoiler:- Who made what:

These new 3d graphics will revolutionise pokemon games, i just hope gf don't leave anything out animation wise. I don't know about me but i would rather wait a few months more for a completely awesome game than get a partially completed game without my surfing rhydon, what do you think on this guys?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

One thing I can't understand is the need to turn off the battle animations. I've always loved seeing them, even when EV training. I, for one, won't be turning them off. Ever. Also, everyone seems happy about the ability to update the game, but this could also mean paid DLC. Which I would hate.

I get it's the 3DS we're dealing with, that has more power than a DS, but the expectations are just too damn high. Think about what it is they can actually do first, then throw in extras.

Like for me, I as well expect animations, however not Pokemon sprites while surfing, flying because that takes up space. Since there's over 700 Pokemon now, they need to focus on making the models somewhat fluid first before tending to that. Again there is lots they can do now, but they're still very limited.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    I get it's the 3DS we're dealing with, that has more power than a DS, but the expectations are just too damn high. Think about what it is they can actually do first, then throw in extras.
    I agree. We can't expect XY to have almost everything graphic-wise at once.
    Considering this is the first main series Pokemon 3DS game they have developed, they are still experimenting with what they can do with it.

Compare DP with B2W2. Graphics have vastly improved over time. Expect the same with the future main series titles for the 3DS.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

There are lots of things in the pokemon world which would look funny in 3d, if were like the 2d games. Like the fact that you have to step right in front of a guy for him to notcie you. In an overworld 2d game that's fine, but, it wold look hilarious from a 3rd person 3d view ! It will be interesting to see how GF deals with these problems.

What people are failing to comprehend is that they chose to go with a style.

They always said that they'd only switch to 3D if they could keep it stylised. This was never going to be hyper realistic or have amazing graphics like other games on the system

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    What people are failing to comprehend is that they chose to go with a style.

They always said that they'd only switch to 3D if they could keep it stylised. This was never going to be hyper realistic or have amazing graphics like other games on the system
    I thought they said that they only wanted the Pokemon to look cartoonish. They didn't mind making the other stuff more realistic. Or do they want everything cartoon-ish, maybe that's y they used cell-shading.

It's nice that they try something new but I still like the spirits.( Pretty cool that they move along in an attack.)

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    One thing I can't understand is the need to turn off the battle animations. I've always loved seeing them, even when EV training. I, for one, won't be turning them off. Ever. Also, everyone seems happy about the ability to update the game, but this could also mean paid DLC. Which I would hate.
    Every generation the attack animations get fancier and thus longer. When you are fighting 252 patrats in a row, even if you can one shot them, turning off move animations shortens the process by several minutes.

But what I want is a streetpass quest-esque speed up button instead, which just doubles the speed everything plays at.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

I don't mind taking longer to EV-train. I really enjoy watching the animations and I will continue to watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by indospot View Post
    IIRC Masuda has said he's against the concept of DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There are lots of things in the pokemon world which would look funny in 3d, if were like the 2d games. Like the fact that you have to step right in front of a guy for him to notcie you. In an overworld 2d game that's fine, but, it wold look hilarious from a 3rd person 3d view ! It will be interesting to see how GF deals with these problems.
    They've done it before in Colosseum/XD, so it'll probably be here as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

One thing that worries me is that you see the much more of the areal behind the player than in front. This is a problem if you are going through the route just the opposite direction, as you would not see much of where you're heading. If they introduce the ability to move the camera angle with the circle pad the problem disappears, but I am not sure if that is possible with the 3DS' capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    IIRC Masuda has said he's against the concept of DLC.

They've done it before in Colosseum/XD, so it'll probably be here as well.
    How about people falling from the ceiling?

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Oh Arceus, that's even worse than the Shadow Triad in the Black1.
    "N? Eh, I don't wanna fight him now, maybe I can avoid hi--OH MY GOD INVISIBLE NINJAS."
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    One thing that worries me is that you see the much more of the areal behind the player than in front. This is a problem if you are going through the route just the opposite direction, as you would not see much of where you're heading. If they introduce the ability to move the camera angle with the circle pad the problem disappears, but I am not sure if that is possible with the 3DS' capacity.
    Good point, but keep in mind that the camera does not always face north anymore, they might make it so the camera angle changes depending on the direction you're facing.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    That would only work in certain circumstances, like maybe with the evil team. As a matter of fact, they did exactly that in Colosseum/XD as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

It's a bit sad they aren't using sprites anymore. They had something special, don't ask what.
    But now it looks good as well. These 3D modells remind me of Pokémon Colloseum, a game I liked a lot.
    Anyway, it was time for changes. I can't wait to start this game.

Beside this I'm looking forward how the background music will be, but that's another topic.
        Spoiler:- Friend codes. Contact me if you want to trade:

Thanks to Archangel Armada for this banner.

~ Officially claimed Manaphy. Yay! ~

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    These new 3d graphics will revolutionise pokemon games.
    In battle, yes, in the overworld, it looks like a step down, to be honest.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

The overworld was much worse in Black and White II where things would only look right if they were parallel to the player. GenIII had the best overworld imo. X and Y have the best overworld of the 3D games.

I wonder if the npcs face will have some facial expressions on them because it'd be pretty stupid to have an npc saying an angry sentence with a happy/neutral face..
    So what if Dragonite were to receive a mega evo? Dragonitenite :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicmfc View Post
    I wonder if the npcs face will have some facial expressions on them because it'd be pretty stupid to have an npc saying an angry sentence with a happy/neutral face..
    Since the 3D Models are more detailed (compared to sprites), I think NPCs will have them. And most probably act accordingly as well, in and out of battle.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Page 16 of 127 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast