Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    If there's snow and Rain Dance is used, it should turn into Hail, IMO.
    If there is Hail with Sunny day, it would become rain with some beautiful rainbows with poneys everywhere ?
    I think that weather moves are totally taking the place of the other weather condition, they won't mix or may not.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    I said this someplace else, but DLC will probably be used for new 'mons, not to add new areas, unless it's adding an entire other region or a single new town. The new region will probably be a DLC for like $5-$6.
    You have some very extreme ideas on what constitutes a reasonable amount of DLC content. An entire region would be too much, that would pretty much double the size of the game and is just too much for Game Freak and for us. Furthermore, a single new area wouldn't really be worth it either, since there wouldn't be enough to do to justify the purchase (although they could add in single new areas as free DLC, maybe for event areas like Liberty Garden). I was thinking maybe something about the size of Sinnoh's Battle Zone, or Southeast Unova or something. Then we'd get plenty of new content to keep us busy for a while, but not so much that it overshadows the main game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

The only DLC I could really see them giving us are:

:: Event Pokemon.
    :: Additional stuff to whatever new feature the game will have (like additional props for Contests, songs for Musicals, scripts for Pokewood).
    :: Tournament downloads for PWT, Frontier, or some other Battle Facility or...
    :: Single/Batch-NPC downloads of past characters (i.e. Lt. Surge/All Kanto GLs will appear at different locations and permanently stay there for battles.)
    :: Skins, apps, and other customizable stuff for the game's gadget.
    :: Funfest missions (if it returns).
    :: Stuff for the Secret Base (if it returns).
    :: Sidequests/extra story for the game.
    :: Adding new Pokemon in the wild.

I really doubt that they will give us new locations. If anything, the locations will already be present in the game, just inaccessible as always. They just need to give us an item to get there.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    The only DLC I could really see them giving us are:

:: Event Pokemon.
    :: Additional stuff to whatever new feature the game will have (like additional props for Contests, songs for Musicals, scripts for Pokewood).
    :: Tournament downloads for PWT, Frontier, or some other Battle Facility or...
    :: Single/Batch-NPC downloads of past characters (i.e. Lt. Surge/All Kanto GLs will appear at different locations and permanently stay there for battles.)
    :: Skins, apps, and other customizable stuff for the game's gadget.
    :: Funfest missions (if it returns).
    :: Stuff for the Secret Base (if it returns).
    :: Sidequests/extra story for the game.

I really doubt that they will give us new locations. If anything, the locations will already be present in the game, just inaccessible as always. They just need to give us an item to get there.
    Making the limited events that they hold over Wi-Fi turn into paid DLC would be nice in case you missed the time to get whatever thing was there for free. Of course, if this happened, the DLC would have to be very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Making the limited events that they hold over Wi-Fi turn into paid DLC would be nice in case you missed the time to get whatever thing was there for free. Of course, if this happened, the DLC would have to be very cheap.
    Now I like that idea. It would be helpful to those who've missed it for whatever reason but at the same time it would courage you to catch it early on for free.
    Last edited by Chriiis; 19th February 2013 at 4:16 AM.

I would be okay with paying $2-5 for like Sevii Island sized content, depending on what was on them.

That's honestly the only thing I could see them doing with that, unless a Battle Frontier doesn't already come with the main game. (which going by the last few gens, probably not. But who knows)

And how would that work? If you're not adding new areas, than how will you be able to catch new Pokemon?

I don't see why they wouldn't, that's exactly what DLC is all about, extending the length of the game with new content long after the game is released.

Also, if they do Day 1 DLC like you think they are, they better make it free, because not many people are really that willing to pay to unlock content that was already in the game in the first place.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't, that's exactly what DLC is all about, extending the length of the game with new content long after the game is released.

Also, if they do Day 1 DLC like you think they are, they better make it free, because not many people are really that willing to pay to unlock content that was already in the game in the first place.
    That definitely makes sense. If you think about it, that also means that they can actually, you know, SURPRISE us for once because you can't hack and discover/leak something that didn't even exist in the original release.

Mass Effect 3 says hi.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

And how would that work? If you're not adding new areas, than how will you be able to catch new Pokemon?
    Similar to swarms. The Pokemon distribution on an existing area will be changed. No new areas necessary.

Hmmm... oh well. Only time will tell.

The event idea for paid DLC sounds great. I don't see many ideas for DLC bar adding more Pokemon to the wild, more in-game events for special Pokemon (such as receiving a starter from a certain region), and forms.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

If they make games after XY in the same generation but add new forms to some Pokemon these Pokemon would not be possible to trade with XY games but DLC to add these forms in is possible I think but this should also be free

I dont know much bout 3ds coz I don't own one. Even if it has a good processor, I dont think it can handle a full 3d set up. And it also has a small screen. Anyways, a 3d interface would be good to play. Just waiting for the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Champbybirth View Post
    I dont know much bout 3ds coz I don't own one. Even if it has a good processor, I dont think it can handle a full 3d set up. And it also has a small screen. Anyways, a 3d interface would be good to play. Just waiting for the release.
    Kid Icarus: Uprising is probably more intensive than this game will be.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

Quote Originally Posted by Champbybirth View Post
    It can.

Lots of games take full advantage of the 3DS' capabilities especially the graphics such as Kingdom Hearts 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, and Monster Hunter Tri G to name a few. The graphics of XY is not even close...

The graphics are not my main concern, it has never been about graphics in any Pokemon game for me. The story and gameplay are much more important to me.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

What is dlc!!!
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

Similar to swarms. The Pokemon distribution on an existing area will be changed. No new areas necessary.
    I don't really think that would work out well unless there is some special condition required to encounter them. Simply plopping a bunch of new Pokemon into existing areas wouldn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    What is dlc!!!
    It's short for "Downloadable Content". Basically, it's an expansion to the game that you download. Most current gen consoles support DLC, and the 3DS does too, meaning we could get proper DLC for this game.

I don't really think that would work out well unless there is some special condition required to encounter them. Simply plopping a bunch of new Pokemon into existing areas wouldn't really work.
    That's why I said 'similar to swarms'. Well, not exactly similar in implementation, but something along those lines.

It could be time or day-specific, via phenomena or other special methods.
    And I think that it should require the National Dex (basically post-game) as a requirement for the changes to occur.

That's why I said 'similar to swarms'. Well, not exactly similar in implementation, but something along those lines.

It could be time or day-specific, via phenomena or other special methods.
    Well yeah, I don't think they're just going to add it on to the normal distribution, it's probably going to be something special.

And I think that it should require the National Dex (basically post-game) as a requirement for the changes to occur.
    Most likely this as well, since making them available from the start would throw off the game's balance.

I hope to obtain the national dex they make us have to have seen all Pokemon in the regional dex like they did with Sinnoh. I just feels it add to the exploration challenge and encourages us to battle very trainer.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I hope to obtain the national dex they make us have to have seen all Pokemon in the regional dex like they did with Sinnoh. I just feels it add to the exploration challenge and encourages us to battle very trainer.
    I agree. I loved that you had to explore every nook and cranny in search of the trainer who has that specific Pokemon you're missing.
    So, I was a bit disappointed when they removed that requirement in HGSS onwards.

But the ability to trade for National Dex Pokemon should be available early in the game though as always.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    No, that's always extremely annoying. Unless they make it so every single Pokemon in the game can be seen on someone's trainer roster, but if they go for a large one (like 250-300), that might not be feasible. BW1 handled this very poorly, as several key Pokemon were not seeable on trainers' Pokemon, most notably Ferrothorn and Rufflet/Vullaby. Hell, in White you couldn't even see Vullaby or Mandibuzz without trading it from Black, so under this system it would be impossible for the average White players to get the National Dex. Of course, they probably wouldn't get that careless, but it'd still be kind of annoying if certain members of version exclusive families aren't seeable in the other version, even if it's just like BW2 where in order to see Skitty/Buneary or Rufflet/Vullaby, you'd need to trade for your evolved forms and breed them. But I'd rather they just give you the National Dex for beating the game, it's so much simpler that way.

I hope that requirement returns too, but only if the Pokedex is around 210 or less Pokemon. If we get a regional dex the size of HG/SS's or B2/W2's, then I wouldn't want that requirement.

Also, speaking of battling every Trainer, I hope they balance the level progression to cater to people like me who battle every Trainer. I hated how in B/W and B2/W2, Gym Leaders and the Elite Four were pathetically easy because they had such low levels (it was less of a problem in B2/W2 however, and in Challenge Mode it's not a problem at all.)

Speaking of Challenge Mode, they should give us the difficulty settings at the beginning of the game. The way it was handled in B2/W2 was flat out stupid. "Hey guys! We're going to finally throw in a difficulty setting in a Pokemon game! Except you can't unlock it until you're done with 90% of the game, and we're going to make each setting version-exclusive! Oh, and when you start a new game, you lose the difficulty options!" See how ridiculous that is? I actually bought an Action Replay just to I could play through White 2 with Challenge Mode, since no one I know plays Pokemon.

No, that's always extremely annoying. Unless they make it so every single Pokemon in the game can be seen on someone's trainer roster, but if they go for a large one (like 250-300), that might not be feasible. BW1 handled this very poorly, as several key Pokemon were not seeable on trainers' Pokemon, most notably Ferrothorn and Rufflet/Vullaby. Hell, in White you couldn't even see Vullaby or Mandibuzz without trading it from Black, so under this system it would be impossible for the average White players to get the National Dex. Of course, they probably wouldn't get that careless, but it'd still be kind of annoying if certain members of version exclusive families aren't seeable in the other version, even if it's just like BW2 where in order to see Skitty/Buneary or Rufflet/Vullaby, you'd need to trade for your evolved forms and breed them. But I'd rather they just give you the National Dex for beating the game, it's so much simpler that way.
    Obviously they wouldn't put that requirement if no Trainer had a certain Pokemon, hence why B/W and B2/W2 doesn't have that requirement, otherwise that would be flat out dumb if you had to see a Pokemon that you can't see at all. Game Freak is smarter than that, they proved that with D/P, and proved themselves again in Platinum where at least 1 trainer had all of the Pokemon added to the Sinnoh Dex expansion.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

But the ability to trade for National Dex Pokemon should be available early in the game though as always.
    I agree. That was very annoying.

Oh c'mon where's your sense of adventure? Another reason I would want it is it's sorta like a mini quest which I think Pokemon needs more of. Also, as Chaos Rush stated I'm sure if they made that a requirement they would be sure to make those available to trainers or at least make them easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Speaking of Challenge Mode, they should give us the difficulty settings at the beginning of the game. The way it was handled in B2/W2 was flat out stupid. "Hey guys! We're going to finally throw in a difficulty setting in a Pokemon game! Except you can't unlock it until you're done with 90% of the game, and we're going to make each setting version-exclusive! Oh, and when you start a new game, you lose the difficulty options!" See how ridiculous that is? I actually bought an Action Replay just to I could play through White 2 with Challenge Mode, since no one I know plays Pokemon.
    I agree. Maybe they was trying to encourage you to buy both versions by doing this? Actually, I'm pretty sue that was the case lol

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Page 33 of 127 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast