Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Obviously they wouldn't put that requirement if no Trainer had a certain Pokemon, hence why B/W and B2/W2 doesn't have that requirement, otherwise that would be flat out dumb if you had to see a Pokemon that you can't see at all. Game Freak is smarter than that, they proved that with D/P, and proved themselves again in Platinum where at least 1 trainer had all of the Pokemon added to the Sinnoh Dex expansion.
    Well yeah, but that requirement is still annoying regardless. The way I see it, the regional dex is basically like a set of training wheels. They give you a select number of Pokemon for you to play with while you learn the mechanics of the game, and once you've mastered them and beat the game, they take the training wheels off so you can truly experience the sheer variety of Pokemon the series has to offer. So I feel like the National Dex is something that should be just outright given to you once you beat the game, no strings attached. Adding that requirement and requiring you to go back and comb through every area and battle every trainer is extremely tedious and annoying, since it means you're pretty much stuck with whatever the game gives you until you find that one specific trainer among the hundreds in the game that has the Pokemon you're looking for. They shouldn't be that restrictive.

One thing I did like that that system brought about was that they started giving trainers (especially late in the game) a wide variety of tough Pokemon, but that's not necessarily something you need that restriction for. Case in point, BW2's Victory Road, where the trainers there throw just about every fully evolved Pokemon in the game at you.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th February 2013 at 2:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Am I in the wrong place? This should be the Graphics Discussion Thread...

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

I was hoping for a decent 3D Pokemon game for the 3DS, even if it were just a Stadium style game to enjoy battles in 3D. I wasn't sure whether to expect another 2D entry or a 3D entry when it came to the next generation, but I'm certainly not disappointed by the result.

I love what has been shown in the trailers and can't wait to see more and to actually get my hands on the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Seil View Post
    I was hoping for a decent 3D Pokemon game for the 3DS, even if it were just a Stadium style game to enjoy battles in 3D. I wasn't sure whether to expect another 2D entry or a 3D entry when it came to the next generation, but I'm certainly not disappointed by the result.

I love what has been shown in the trailers and can't wait to see more and to actually get my hands on the games.
    I definitely agree. Initially I was a bit put off by the cel shaded 3d models because I was expecting the use of the pokedex models especially after seeing Mystery Dungeon utilizing them. But I've gotten used to this cel style and feel that it was the right move for them to make for the main games.

And a lot of people aren't getting why these games weren't for a console. I thin they're forgetting it's Pocket Monsters, haha. I think it's a given that the main games will be handheld always.

I think these graphics are 100x better than the Stadium, it's so much faster, dynamic and cell-shading was so fitting. I wasn't sure how 3D in a main entry would be but I became totally admired by the trailer.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    I think these graphics are 100x better than the Stadium, it's so much faster, dynamic and cell-shading was so fitting. I wasn't sure how 3D in a main entry would be but I became totally admired by the trailer.
    I was really concerned actually with how the pokemon would receive the attacks. Because even up to Battle Revolution it was just a general motion when damage was taken but as you can see in the Sylveon trailer that Gligar's body is physically being sliced at with Trump Card and I love that.

I'm curious to see what the touch screen's set up is like, because unless the HP bar pops up during the attack like it did in BR, then I'm assuming the bar will be on the bottom screen.

I was impressed by the Pokedex 3D pro, but I was dissapointed that I couldn't take photos of the pokemon inside of the pokedex. I am not talking about the pictures you take with AR. When you press A the pokemon move around. There is a pause function where you can...pause. I can make Infernape stand with one leg and look at it from different perspectives. But I wish I can take pictures and show it to friends.

The graphics especially the background don't look perfect but I am not too worried because this is the first mainstream Pokémon game for the Nintendo 3Ds, Diamond and Pearl graphics really pale in comparison with Black 2 and White 2 which pushed the limits of the Ds. They still technically have around 9 months to edit and furnish it before they release it, indeed I believe they are in the editing stage as we speak.
    And that day the entire Pokémon community exploded with rage...

Quote Originally Posted by divinepokemonXZ View Post
    The graphics especially the background don't look perfect but I am not too worried because this is the first mainstream Pokémon game for the Nintendo 3Ds, Diamond and Pearl graphics really pale in comparison with Black 2 and White 2 which pushed the limits of the Ds. They still technically have around 9 months to edit and furnish it before they release it, indeed I believe they are in the editing stage as we speak.
    October release means 8 months max considering we're nearing the end of february lol. You're also not accounting for physical production time. The game will be in its finished form at least a month, maybe two or so before release to account for all of the final production time. Loading the cartidges with the game, packaging, shipping etc isn't done via magic =p

I love the cel-shading. I've always enjoyed cel shaded artwork, but this... this is just awesome.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

It would be very cool if the entire in-game pokedex was 3d
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Angry

What is the point for me when Black and White came out i didnt understand them that much but now X and Y look really stupiud cause there only for 3ds and the starters are not the stupidest ones the ledgends are the real stupid ones what kind of pokemon is made like that?
    Pokemon is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I hope to obtain the national dex they make us have to have seen all Pokemon in the regional dex like they did with Sinnoh. I just feels it add to the exploration challenge and encourages us to battle very trainer.
    Agreed. I actually found a permanent party member from Platinum by doing this.

"Oh I didn't know you could capture one of these."
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by jacobevans74 View Post
    What is the point for me when Black and White came out i didnt understand them that much but now X and Y look really stupiud cause there only for 3ds and the starters are not the stupidest ones the ledgends are the real stupid ones what kind of pokemon is made like that?
    Try some punctuation and maybe we can understand you.

I know I'm in the minority, but aside from the game just being in 3D is no one else bothered that being in 3D changes virtually nothing as far as how the game is played? Or even that the Pokemon appear as oblivious as ever during battles?

As I said before, I love Pokemon and what we initially see here is an F1 racer but its just a fresh coat of paint on a Model T. Grid based movement and extremely stationary battles are all I need to see to know this will be pretty much exactly what we had before.
    If you so sure what it aint, how about telling us what it am!

Black: 4684 8503 0468

Quote Originally Posted by Longfist View Post
    Try some punctuation and maybe we can understand you.

I know I'm in the minority, but aside from the game just being in 3D is no one else bothered that being in 3D changes virtually nothing as far as how the game is played? Or even that the Pokemon appear as oblivious as ever during battles?

As I said before, I love Pokemon and what we initially see here is an F1 racer but its just a fresh coat of paint on a Model T. Grid based movement and extremely stationary battles are all I need to see to know this will be pretty much exactly what we had before.
    Let me put it to you this way. Would you rather play the same game with better or worse graphics? I know the game will probably stay quite the same as before but it's nice to have great visuals while playing it.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Good god no, paid DLC events will not happen, nor do I want them to. Masuda himself even tweeted making people pay for the Pokemon would be wrong, or something to that extent. DLC will be substantial this gen if its paid for, and not minute details that are already offered without a paywall. DLC would likely be for new battle facilities, extended areas or storyline and such. I know the topic is old, but reading some of the posts here made me cringe.
    BLAH

^^^
    yeah im with you on that this is pokemon not call of duty there shouldn't be a need to pay for DLC's especially on pokemon which is ment for kids who usualy dont get any money from their parents.
    DRZLy Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Let me put it to you this way. Would you rather play the same game with better or worse graphics? I know the game will probably stay quite the same as before but it's nice to have great visuals while playing it.
    Better graphics of course, but with all the power of the 3DS this would have been the best and easiest time to shake up the mechanics of the game that don't revolve round battling.

As for the actual visuals when it comes to battles I know I will ultimately settle with the 3D setting as I did with the console Pokemon games. But it really bothers me how everything has been and still is so static. I liken it to no voice acting at all to bad voice acting. At least when reading text like a book your imagination can fill in the blanks. With the 3D battling system of Pokemon the Pokemon don't have souls if you will. They sit very stationary waiting to attack and be attacked(like any turn based RPG which is fine) but with no acknowledgement of the enemy infront of them. So the battles come off as very unnatural and awkward, almost like every Pokemon is a robot zombie. With frozen sprites the imagination takes over much like in classic RPG's before FMV, so sometimes I'm not sure if I like the old sprites better or the Stadium type battles mainly because Battle Revolution took the animation and pacing to a new all time low.

Still despite my gripes I know I'm going to love the heck out of it, and the 3D settings only mean good things for 6DS next generation. Pokemon evolves very slowly as its core gameplay is spot on. I just wish the aesthetics would catch up to the rest of the world.

Oh and if we have to pay for event Pokemon that will be a swift kick in the nuts. Simply because we have been getting them free since the beginning and they are already programmed into the game. It would only be acceptable for new forms and Pokemon not in the games code. Even then it would be hard to swallow.

But brand new areas and adventures? Sure that's reasonable as long as its not already in the game and we are just paying to unlock it.
    Last edited by Longfist; 22nd February 2013 at 10:35 PM.
    If you so sure what it aint, how about telling us what it am!

Black: 4684 8503 0468

I hope movement is fluent and the models are in high detail, I did not like the sprites in generation 5. Every time it zoomed in during the battle you could see the squares, making it look really ugly in my opinion. The generation 6 previews look nice in my opinion, but it could look very different when playing I guess.

I like the battle scene graphics but the trainers clothing looks somewhat like gen 5 I was hoping 4 something completely different

I can't wait to have 3v3 Wailord battles.

The 3D graphics might very well provide even more field-obstructing glory.
    Last edited by ToasterBrains; 23rd February 2013 at 3:27 AM.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

That would be epic!!! I'd like to see if Drizzle has it rain the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by dynamitedawsen View Post
    That would be epic!!! I'd like to see if Drizzle has it rain the whole time
    It does unless you change the weather then no rain.

And I don't see DLC's happening, especially for Pokemon because it's already a non-stop game of catching, trading, battling, etc.

For weather display I hope they remain active. By that I mean during the battle the weather effect will keep showing until the effects wear off or the battle ends. So no showing that's it's raining at the end of every turn like they did pre-5th gen and no only showing when it's first starts like in 5th gen. I mean constantly showing the weather. So while you're selecting a move it should still be raining.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    It does unless you change the weather then no rain.

And I don't see DLC's happening, especially for Pokemon because it's already a non-stop game of catching, trading, battling, etc.
    I guess he meant that it would rain while a wild Magikarp would do a Splash, or when a Shinx would use Spark by example.
    It would rain while the battle, we would always see that rain... during the choosing move/item/pokemon time, attack, hit etc.

Yeah, it would obvisouly be awesome and more realistic that some rain at each end of the turns.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Page 34 of 127 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast