Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

  1. #851
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    That would be an awesome add. None of the 3D games have added the constant weather during the battle. I would certainly like that a lot.

  2. #852
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    I don't see why they wouldn't do continuous weather. I think that if it's positive and they're able to do it, they'll probably do it.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRZLing View Post
    ^^^
    yeah im with you on that this is pokemon not call of duty there shouldn't be a need to pay for DLC's especially on pokemon which is ment for kids who usualy dont get any money from their parents.
    It is specially good for kids as then can go all "mommy daddy i want dis :<".
    It's a fact that kids spend money


    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

        Spoiler:- Seeking:

        Spoiler:- Offering:

  4. #854
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I rewatched the trailer and all of a sudden it came to me that the graphics aren't as nice as I'd remembered. For example, look at this screenshot here.     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Look at the grass - it looks awfully cartoony and flat, doesn't it? I hope that gets touched up before the final release.
    Last edited by icebolt; 23rd February 2013 at 3:12 PM.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South of Nowhere
    Posts
    7,932

    Default

    It looks like a higher resolution grass texture then BW/B2W2s, which has the same windy look. Sure, its a it flat, but the shadows on the side of the dirt road make me hopefuly that some mapping is done.
    BLAH

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    I rewatched the trailer and all of a sudden it came to me that the graphics aren't as nice as I'd remembered. For example, look at this screenshot here.     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Look at the grass - it looks awfully cartoony and flat, doesn't it? I hope that gets touched up before the final release.
    If there's one thing I've learnt about the 3DS, it's that the games look utter crap in trailers, but having the game in your hands is far, far better. A good example is some Kid Icarus: Uprising trailers, where it's most apparent. Rest assured that, even before they touch up the game in the following 8 months, that it will look far better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  7. #857
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    If there's one thing I've learnt about the 3DS, it's that the games look utter crap in trailers, but having the game in your hands is far, far better. A good example is some Kid Icarus: Uprising trailers, where it's most apparent. Rest assured that, even before they touch up the game in the following 8 months, that it will look far better than this.
    I agree. Also the 3ds screen and 3ds xl screen is rather small. If you shrink the image to the size of the 3ds xl it looks way better. I know it probably isn't to the 3ds's full potential for graphics, but we also have to keep in mind that they had to make new 3d models for all the old pokemon and the new one which probably took time away from working on graphics. If they had tried to perfect everything we might be waiting another year or two for this game.
    Favorite Team:


  8. #858
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the next flight up
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    I say just be grateful that Pokémon has now stepped on the 3D stage and will grace our 3DS consoles at once without anyone being left behind come the worldwide release date.

    No sure if someone's mentioned this but I hope that you can see the held item Pokémon have that are battle related, e.g Macho Brace or Scope Lens. Or maybe your Pokémon show what it looks like to have Pokérus or something? Would be cool even though its a long shot.

  9. #859
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    I agree. Also the 3ds screen and 3ds xl screen is rather small. If you shrink the image to the size of the 3ds xl it looks way better. I know it probably isn't to the 3ds's full potential for graphics, but we also have to keep in mind that they had to make new 3d models for all the old pokemon and the new one which probably took time away from working on graphics. If they had tried to perfect everything we might be waiting another year or two for this game.
    Can't they just use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D and Pokedex 3D Pro?
    They should make a Ground/Water Pokemon designed off of a Camel

  10. #860
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    Can't they just use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D and Pokedex 3D Pro?
    No. They are using cell shading style, which is different from what they did with the Pokedex 3D

  11. #861
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    Can't they just use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D and Pokedex 3D Pro?
    I have a guess that the pokedex 3d is the models made for the game, but think how long it took them to make all those models and the pokedex 3d pro only came out recently. The probably released the pokedex 3d as an easter egg that they were wrking on a 3d game. They've probably been working on x and y since black and white was released; maybe even before.
    Even if they used new cell shaded 3d models the pokedex 3d models may still have been templates.
    Favorite Team:


  12. #862
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    Can't they just use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D and Pokedex 3D Pro?
    Incorrect. It's safe to say they're all new models.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

  13. #863
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helcate View Post
    Can't they just use the 3D models from Pokedex 3D and Pokedex 3D Pro?
    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    No. They are using cell shading style, which is different from what they did with the Pokedex 3D
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBrains View Post
    Incorrect. It's safe to say they're all new models.
    The models ARE from Pokedex 3D. Remember around 2009-2010 when Game Freak was hiring new 3D modelers? Also remember how Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive the Nintendo 3DS dev kits? They've been working on a 3DS Pokemon engine ever since, and the only reason why Pokedex 3D & Pro exists is to show off that they've made new models for every single Pokemon as part of the engine they've been preparing for X & Y (rather than using Stadium models for Gen I & II Pokemon).

    Just because the Pokemon are cel-shaded in X & Y and aren't in Pokedex 3D doesn't mean they're different models. The cel-shaded look has to do with the graphics engine and how it interprets the model data, not the actual models themselves. For instance, Sonic Shuffle, a SEGA Dreamcast game, uses the exact same models from Sonic Adventure, another SEGA Dreamcast game. However, Sonic Shuffle has cel-shaded graphics while Sonic Adventure doesn't.

    It would be completely unrealistic for Game Freak to not only make 649(+forms) models for Pokedex 3D, but to make another 700+ for X & Y. The models in X & Y are exactly the same as Pokedex 3D Pro. The graphics engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from 3D Pro, and that's because Game Freak specifically wanted the cel-shaded look because they chose to have that art-style.

    Cel-shading is something done by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from Pokedex 3D Pro, but the models themselves are exactly the same.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  14. #864
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The models ARE from Pokedex 3D. Remember around 2009-2010 when Game Freak was hiring new 3D modelers? Also remember how Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive the Nintendo 3DS dev kits? They've been working on a 3DS Pokemon engine ever since, and the only reason why Pokedex 3D & Pro exists is to show off that they've made new models for every single Pokemon as part of the engine they've been preparing for X & Y (rather than using Stadium models for Gen I & II Pokemon).

    Just because the Pokemon are cel-shaded in X & Y and aren't in Pokedex 3D doesn't mean they're different models. The cel-shaded look has to do with the graphics engine and how it interprets the model data, not the actual models themselves. For instance, Sonic Shuffle, a SEGA Dreamcast game, uses the exact same models from Sonic Adventure, another SEGA Dreamcast game. However, Sonic Shuffle has cel-shaded graphics while Sonic Adventure doesn't.

    It would be completely unrealistic for Game Freak to not only make 649(+forms) models for Pokedex 3D, but to make another 700+ for X & Y. The models in X & Y are exactly the same as Pokedex 3D Pro. The graphics engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from 3D Pro, and that's because Game Freak specifically wanted the cel-shaded look because they chose to have that art-style.

    Cel-shading is something done by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from Pokedex 3D Pro, but the models themselves are exactly the same.


    Glad to see some logic
    Why go through so much trouble to make 700+ new models?
    Your tech head came in handy too, didn't know that about the graphics engine (I've no clue when it comes to that type stuff)

    1 thing that I'm worried about is fur/fuzz
    Look at swoobat in the 3d pokdex the fur on her just looks off
    Hoping for this to be fixed somehow


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  15. #865
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The models ARE from Pokedex 3D. Remember around 2009-2010 when Game Freak was hiring new 3D modelers? Also remember how Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive the Nintendo 3DS dev kits? They've been working on a 3DS Pokemon engine ever since, and the only reason why Pokedex 3D & Pro exists is to show off that they've made new models for every single Pokemon as part of the engine they've been preparing for X & Y (rather than using Stadium models for Gen I & II Pokemon).

    Just because the Pokemon are cel-shaded in X & Y and aren't in Pokedex 3D doesn't mean they're different models. The cel-shaded look has to do with the graphics engine and how it interprets the model data, not the actual models themselves. For instance, Sonic Shuffle, a SEGA Dreamcast game, uses the exact same models from Sonic Adventure, another SEGA Dreamcast game. However, Sonic Shuffle has cel-shaded graphics while Sonic Adventure doesn't.

    It would be completely unrealistic for Game Freak to not only make 649(+forms) models for Pokedex 3D, but to make another 700+ for X & Y. The models in X & Y are exactly the same as Pokedex 3D Pro. The graphics engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from 3D Pro, and that's because Game Freak specifically wanted the cel-shaded look because they chose to have that art-style.

    Cel-shading is something done by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from Pokedex 3D Pro, but the models themselves are exactly the same.
    Your right in saying that the polygonal data is the same, but, I generally define a 3D model as polygonal data + rendering ( lighting, backface culling, z buffering and other nonsense ). So, in that case they are different, but, the vertices data will be the same ( both models represent the same thing after all ).

    BTW, Creatures Inc developed Pokedex 3d, so, is there some company policy that stops GF from using their data ? Since it's technically not theirs.

  16. #866
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    The models ARE from Pokedex 3D. Remember around 2009-2010 when Game Freak was hiring new 3D modelers? Also remember how Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive the Nintendo 3DS dev kits? They've been working on a 3DS Pokemon engine ever since, and the only reason why Pokedex 3D & Pro exists is to show off that they've made new models for every single Pokemon as part of the engine they've been preparing for X & Y (rather than using Stadium models for Gen I & II Pokemon).

    Just because the Pokemon are cel-shaded in X & Y and aren't in Pokedex 3D doesn't mean they're different models. The cel-shaded look has to do with the graphics engine and how it interprets the model data, not the actual models themselves. For instance, Sonic Shuffle, a SEGA Dreamcast game, uses the exact same models from Sonic Adventure, another SEGA Dreamcast game. However, Sonic Shuffle has cel-shaded graphics while Sonic Adventure doesn't.

    It would be completely unrealistic for Game Freak to not only make 649(+forms) models for Pokedex 3D, but to make another 700+ for X & Y. The models in X & Y are exactly the same as Pokedex 3D Pro. The graphics engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from 3D Pro, and that's because Game Freak specifically wanted the cel-shaded look because they chose to have that art-style.

    Cel-shading is something done by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The engine of X & Y interprets the model data differently from Pokedex 3D Pro, but the models themselves are exactly the same.
    There's a picture of a close-up of the Cel-shaded wild Pikachu from the trailer side to side with a close-up of the Pokedex 3D Pikachu.
    They seemed different.


    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

        Spoiler:- Seeking:

        Spoiler:- Offering:

  17. #867
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Your right in saying that the polygonal data is the same, but, I generally define a 3D model as polygonal data + rendering ( lighting, backface culling, z buffering and other nonsense ). So, in that case they are different, but, the vertices data will be the same ( both models represent the same thing after all ).

    BTW, Creatures Inc developed Pokedex 3d, so, is there some company policy that stops GF from using their data ? Since it's technically not theirs.
    That didn't stop Genius Sonority from using the Stadium models in Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution.

    Actually, Creatures Inc makes the models for all 3D Pokemon. They made the models for the Stadium games, and the Hoenn models for Colosseum and XD (they re-used the rest from Stadium, though I've heard there are a couple that were updated like Rapidash), and the Sinnoh Pokemon in Battle Revolution (while reusing the rest from Colosseum/XD). Let me remind you that Pokémon Stadium was developed by HAL Laboratory, and that Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution was developed by Genius Sonority. It's safe to assume that Creatures Inc even made the low-poly models of Ho-oh & Lugia in HG/SS titlescreen (they could have reused the Stadium models, but even the DS can handle more than that), and the low-poly models of Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem, Black Kyurem, and White Kyurem used in various scenes in Black/White and Black 2/White 2.

    And also, the models used in Pokedex 3D Pro weren't originally made for some random e-Shop app called Pokedex 3D Pro, they were originally made for this game that's been in development since around late-2009/early 2010 (when Game Freak got the 3DS devkit) called Pokémon X & Y.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    There's a picture of a close-up of the Cel-shaded wild Pikachu from the trailer side to side with a close-up of the Pokedex 3D Pikachu.
    They seemed different.
    They look different for reasons I already explained in my earlier post. And also, the angles of the screenshots are different, therefore it is not an accurate comparison. The lighting is completely different because of the graphics engine, but the vertices (as carboncopy would say) are exactly the same. Do you even have Pokedex 3D Pro? I do, and I can confirm that if I angle the Pokemon exactly as they are in the X & Y screenshots (which is possible, by the way), the shape of the models are exactly the same. The fact that I can even get the angle of the models to be exactly the same is more than enough evidence of this, if they were new models, then it would be very obvious.
        Spoiler:- using Sonic as an example again:
    Looking at the X & Y trailer, you see that Kirlia's skirt-thingy is constantly fluttering, just like it does in Pokedex 3D Pro. No other Pokemon media depicts Kirlia as having constantly fluttering leaves as far as I know.

    That being said, there is nothing stopping Game Freak from modifying the textures used on the models to suit the cel-shaded art style better (they thickened Pikachu's closed mouth outline, either that or the graphics engine does that automatically), but if you really think that they went through the trouble of creating 649(+alternate forms) models for some random e-Shop app, and that they're going to create 700+ completely new models separate even though they just made perfect 3D models of Gens 1-5 Pokemon, then you're crazy.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 24th February 2013 at 7:15 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  18. #868
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    There's a picture of a close-up of the Cel-shaded wild Pikachu from the trailer side to side with a close-up of the Pokedex 3D Pikachu.
    They seemed different.
    That's the point. xy and Pokedex 3D use different engines, so that pokes will seem different. But, the polygonal data is the same.

    @Chaos Rush: So, your saying that the pokedex app was a prelude to xy ? Maybe GF was working with Creatures Inc to get experience in 3D programming.

  19. #869
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebolt View Post
    I rewatched the trailer and all of a sudden it came to me that the graphics aren't as nice as I'd remembered. For example, look at this screenshot here.     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Look at the grass - it looks awfully cartoony and flat, doesn't it? I hope that gets touched up before the final release.
    I think it has to do with GameFreak's inexperience with the 3DS. Let's remember, when we first got the DS/Lite/DSi, we had Diamond and Pearl, which albeit, wasn't all that graphically pleasing (more 3D, but it felt more or less like the GBA games minus the slowness). Then we had Platinum and HGSS, which somewhat improved from the engine. Then we had BW/BW2 where the overworld was just fantastic to watch (though some parts were terribly pixelated...nevertheless a HUGE improvement from DPPt/HGSS). I'm thinking it may take at least a generation before GameFreak unleashes the full graphical potential of the 3DS.

  20. #870
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I think it has to do with GameFreak's inexperience with the 3DS. Let's remember, when we first got the DS/Lite/DSi, we had Diamond and Pearl, which albeit, wasn't all that graphically pleasing (more 3D, but it felt more or less like the GBA games minus the slowness). Then we had Platinum and HGSS, which somewhat improved from the engine. Then we had BW/BW2 where the overworld was just fantastic to watch (though some parts were terribly pixelated...nevertheless a HUGE improvement from DPPt/HGSS). I'm thinking it may take at least a generation before GameFreak unleashes the full graphical potential of the 3DS.
    Well, there is no surety that GF will spend 2 gens on the 3ds like they did with the ds.

  21. #871
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    @Chaos Rush: So, your saying that the pokedex app was a prelude to xy ?
    Not quite. More like:
    Game Freak: "Ah sweet! Ninty sent us the devkit to their next handheld! Let's start working on a Pokemon engine for this new handheld while simultaneously finishing Gen 5! Let's finally start using models! But we should make new ones, rather than using Stadium models for every damn 3D game. Hey Creatures Inc.! Start making models for every single Pokemon! Oh wait! We need to advertise Black & White more! I know! Let's release some cheapass eShop game called Pokedex 3D! Creatures Inc, go ahead and start with the Generation 5 Pokemon, and you guys can use those new models in that cheapass eShop game, while we use those new models for our Generation 6 game. Once you're done with the Generation 5 models though, finish the rest up fast cause we wanna release an upgraded version of that cheapass eShop game so we make even more $$$"

    Creatures Inc.: "s#1t!!! Game Freak wants us to make models for over 700 Pokemon!!! wtf guys!!! But who cares, the money's worth it! Let's start hiring people like crazy and get this over with!"

    Maybe GF was working with Creatures Inc to get experience in 3D programming.
    You do realize that Creatures Inc. is involved with every single main series Pokemon game? They're listed on the bootscreen of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

  22. #872
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Not quite. More like:
    Game Freak: "Ah sweet! Ninty sent us the devkit to their next handheld! Let's start working on a Pokemon engine for this new handheld while simultaneously finishing Gen 5! Let's finally start using models! But we should make new ones, rather than using Stadium models for every damn 3D game. Hey Creatures Inc.! Start making models for every single Pokemon! Oh wait! We need to advertise Black & White more! I know! Let's release some cheapass eShop game called Pokedex 3D! Creatures Inc, go ahead and start with the Generation 5 Pokemon, and you guys can use those new models in that cheapass eShop game, while we use those new models for our Generation 6 game. Once you're done with the Generation 5 models though, finish the rest up fast cause we wanna release an upgraded version of that cheapass eShop game so we make even more $$$"

    Creatures Inc.: "s#1t!!! Game Freak wants us to make models for over 700 Pokemon!!! wtf guys!!! But who cares, the money's worth it! Let's start hiring people like crazy and get this over with!"
    Lol, I get what you mean.

    You do realize that Creatures Inc. is involved with every single main series Pokemon game? They're listed on the bootscreen of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2.
    That's coz of they own 1/3rd of the copyright of Pokemon, coz they helped GF out with money and employees for Red and Green. It doesn't mean that they did lots of work for the later games. Even TPC is listed in the bootscreen, and they don't develop games.

  23. #873
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Well, there is no surety that GF will spend 2 gens on the 3ds like they did with the ds.
    Yes its not a surety but it isn't impossible, I mean what els can be done to the DS
    That's if they don't go for a completely new console which I doubt.
    I'm hoping that they spend 2 gens on the 3ds.

    Also by the looks of the trailer the graphics are amazing!!!
    And that's without your 3d
    Can't wait to see more gameplay that's final unlike the trailer footage


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  24. #874
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHippo5 View Post
    Not sure if this has been brought up yet, so figured I'd post. This is originally derived from a post on 4chan, so obviously take it with a massive pinch of salt. Nonetheless, some interesting ideas here: http://leviathyn.com/games/news/2013...icant-changes/
    Actually everyone was discussing nothing but this in the dex thread.

  25. #875
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I hope now with the 3D graphics the map will be in 3D and we can see what each route and town/city we visited look like on the map...

Page 35 of 127 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •