Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't think we'll get voice overs at all and be stuck with speech bubbles. But that would be interesting...
    Actually, if the cutscenes don't have vocals, then I don't think GF will show any person speaking in the cutscenes, coz, you can't put speech bubbles in a cutscene

Still, I think we'll get vocal tracks in terms of music though
    That we will get, I quite liked that. Though I lol-ed at Roxie's gym music lyrics.

Nintendo has never really had much voice acting in their games. Im more than half-way through Fire Emblem Awakening and there's mainly just sound bytes for characters. The only fully voiced scenes come from animated segments. It would be nice, but I dont think anything will be fully voiced for Pokemon, either.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Actually, if the cutscenes don't have vocals, then I don't think GF will show any person speaking in the cutscenes, coz, you can't put speech bubbles in a cutscene
    Oops. I was speaking of character voice-overs in general gameplay.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Oops. I was speaking of character voice-overs in general gameplay.
    Lol, I guess misunderstandings happen to all of us.
    Anyway, voice overs during normal gameplay wound be nice, though I'm fine with speech bubble.
    BTW, since we can clearly see the NPC's face now, do you think GF will make their mouth move when they speak. They should, and I hope it looks at least somewhat realistic.

Lol, I guess misunderstandings happen to all of us.
    Anyway, voice overs during normal gameplay wound be nice, though I'm fine with speech bubble.
    BTW, since we can clearly see the NPC's face now, do you think GF will make their mouth move when they speak. They should, and I hope it looks at least somewhat realistic.
    The NPC's mouth moved during Xtranceiver calls, so I'd at least expect it in cutscenes. Anyway, as Bus said, Nintendo games rarely have voice acting in them, or at least very little of it. The only fully voiced Nintendo game I can think of is Kid: Icarus Uprising, which seemed to go out of it's way to avert this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    The NPC's mouth moved during Xtranceiver calls, so I'd at least expect it in cutscenes. Anyway, as Bus said, Nintendo games rarely have voice acting in them, or at least very little of it. The only fully voiced Nintendo game I can think of is Kid: Icarus Uprising, which seemed to go out of it's way to avert this.
    Star Fox, Metroid, Kid Icarus and now Xenoblade go with full on voice work. But as a 2nd party who knows what the Pokemon Company will do. I'd love voice acting but I doubt it. It would be a natural fit after all.
    If you so sure what it aint, how about telling us what it am!

Black: 4684 8503 0468

Finaly each pokemon reacts to the attckas in a unique way. for me thats the best part !
    It is a very big advancement in the Pokemon series, and it looks awesome! but I hope they have something like BW2 where you could re-live what happened to the old characters, and they use sprites. It just one of the classic Pokemon franchises...thing.
    --75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon
    up legally, put this in your signature. (Started by SkittyLover77)--

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Maybe the Party window shows the sprites and when you look at the summary, you'll see the 3D models. Same in the battle.
    Hello.

On the topic of updates audio-wise, anyone else think they'll be updating the sounds of the pokemon as well?
    Not to say it SHOULD happen, don't get me wrong. I'm neutral either way. But with the 3D model update, I'd think they'd at least change or update their sounds as well to fit the new gen in some form or manner.
    White 2 FC: 0648 5978 1096

Team Banner By Sworn Metalhead!
    OT: Chris
    ID: 43114

Quote Originally Posted by OllieXTrick View Post
    On the topic of updates audio-wise, anyone else think they'll be updating the sounds of the pokemon as well?
    Not to say it SHOULD happen, don't get me wrong. I'm neutral either way. But with the 3D model update, I'd think they'd at least change or update their sounds as well to fit the new gen in some form or manner.
    I doubt that they will completely change the Pokemon's cry especially Gen 1 & 2.
    But they could do some remastering to make the sound better and less chiptune-y while keeping the original cry.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Suitcune View Post
    It is a very big advancement in the Pokemon series, and it looks awesome!
    Isn't that something that already happened with the Gamecube games? I still play those, they're so wonderful. And something I really love about them is how the Pokemon attack and are hit/faint in a unique way. Hopefully it will look amazing on the 3DS too.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

Soul Silver BQ: 1. 2.

One of things I most want to see is a major upgrade to the GTS. I'm not saying that it's not bad the way it is, but it could be better. Like if there was a way to deposit more than one pokemon. Or a way to ask for a variety of pokemon in return for the one you offer. Or even if there was a way to search what all you could get for a specific pokemon of yours.
    And it would be nice to view all of the pokemon in the specific filter as opposed to just the 7 that we're limited to.

Just my thoughts. ^^
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Changing the original chip-tune pokemon from gen 1/2 cry? No, no and no. I really like the fact that GF dont do this. Even if this will someday happen, They should really make this in perfection style. Although, GF (as Nintendo) really like nostalgia so I'll not hope for any sound-remastering.

I doubt that they will completely change the Pokemon's cry especially Gen 1 & 2.
    But they could do some remastering to make the sound better and less chiptune-y while keeping the original cry.
    That's what I really want to happen. Just to match up with the most recent ones.

I really like the old Gen 1 and Gen 2 cries, it makes for some great variety in the sound of the game. And I don't think they would even go through the trouble of remaking the old sounds.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I really like the old Gen 1 and Gen 2 cries, it makes for some great variety in the sound of the game. And I don't think they would even go through the trouble of remaking the old sounds.
    Well, not to change them completely, just to make them sound more up to date. And not computerized. I do know it's my opinion though. xD

Oops, it looks like I accidentally clicked on the New Gameplay Sound Thread.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Then, it was HM's usefulness thread. All those points fulfill the topics name, yes?

If GameFreak want to bring some Kanto Pokemon in full 3D glory in 6th game, there shouldn't be re-mastered pokemon sounds. The idea is ambitious but too much risky IMO.

They could easily use the Stadium 2 cries, they all sounded pretty awesome.

I'd love the old cries to be updated, but pokemon saying their name in the games? Please no. Then I'd never play with my sound on again. Imo it even sounds pretty lame in the anime.

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Pokemon sayin name... No, lets just imagine there is no anime right? We should look at the anime, games (espiecially the main series) and manga as opposite things.

If the Pokemon were to say their name in the games, I'd rather buy the Japanese version since their cries in the anime are better than the dub ones in my opinion. But, I really wouldn't care if they said it or not. It's not something for me to not buy the game.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 9th March 2013 at 10:26 PM.

Saying their names would get annoying FAST. Unless I hear a dog saying "dog", it should never happen.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

I'm so so so excited to see the battle scenes, and how pokemon react to attacks.

Does anybody think that we will get voice overs for these cutscenes?
    I'd rather not, but I guess it would be hard to put speech bubbles in cut scenes, so I guess theres really no other way, unless you just don't have people talk in cut scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suitcune View Post
    It is a very big advancement in the Pokemon series, and it looks awesome! but I hope they have something like BW2 where you could re-live what happened to the old characters, and they use sprites. It just one of the classic Pokemon franchises...thing.
    I'd really like this, but I doubt the memory link will return since the story will probably have nothing to do with the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cuddles View Post
    I'd love the old cries to be updated, but pokemon saying their name in the games? Please no. Then I'd never play with my sound on again. Imo it even sounds pretty lame in the anime.
    This would be terrible. They wouldn't do it though.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Page 37 of 127 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast