Page 38 of 127 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

What about when you got to view your party will these little icons be done away with ? Because i actually quite like these . Anyway how would they represent your pokemon with viewing their summary?
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    What about when you got to view your party will these little icons be done away with ? Because i actually quite like these . Anyway how would they represent your pokemon with viewing their summary?
    Well, I think they will follow the BW2 format but with a different layout.
    It has kinda been the standard since DPPt.

But instead of the animated sprite, we have the 3D Pokemon model that could be fully interactable, able to be rotated and zoomed.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Just thinking about the game and I would actually like it if all Flying Pokemon were actually flying in the battle sequence I used to get quite angry when they would just stand on the floor during battles in past 3d games even more angry when they stood on the floor and ground type moves missed!

this could also give some really cool animations for Smack Down and Roost having them only touch the floor because of these moves

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    But instead of the animated sprite, we have the 3D Pokemon model that could be fully interactable, able to be rotated and zoomed.
    That's what I'm expecting. I don't think we'll still have those sprites used to look at our party/PC Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    That's what I'm expecting. I don't think we'll still have those sprites used to look at our party/PC Pokemon.
    I think we will, but they'll be 3D.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    I think we will, but they'll be 3D.
    Yea, that's what I was saying. Don't know if you were agreeing with me or not.

Does anyone else think that with the new 3D art style that caves, puzzles, ect. will become much more hard?

~R.I.P sprites

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiningCaterpie View Post
    Does anyone else think that with the new 3D art style that caves, puzzles, ect. will become much more hard?

~R.I.P sprites
    Hopefully. It would be nice if the puzzles could become a little more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShiningCaterpie View Post

~R.I.P sprites
    The 3D environment is nothing but visuals.
    The difficulty of puzzles in an area really depends on the area's layout.

The graphics can be awesome, but could possibly suck because of poor map design (just like FF13).

The 3D environment is nothing but visuals.
    The difficulty of puzzles in an area really depends on the area's layout.

The graphics can be awesome, but could possibly suck because of poor map design (just like FF13).
    Good point. Maybe the puzzles could resemble Zelda's dungeon puzzles? Though, that could be too hard for the younger kids who play.

Zelda is aimed at a younger crowd too, so it wouldn't be out of the question. I don't think the graphics have any relation to the functinality of a puzzle though, unless it's beyond straightforward, such as the angles and depth of Distortion World.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I honestly hope they use the Stadium 2 cries.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by SoraNight View Post
    Good point. Maybe the puzzles could resemble Zelda's dungeon puzzles? Though, that could be too hard for the younger kids who play.
    I personally didn't like the caves, ect. in BW and BW2 so I'm hoping to get more interesting, and challenging puzzles in X and Y.

I wonder if the character's movement is limited to a linear up, down. left, right or allows a 360 free range of directions.

The viewing angle, is it still on an overworld perspective or will it change according to the environment like in the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City?
    Pre-order Patron Saint Joanne's ARTPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    unless it's beyond straightforward, such as the angles and depth of Distortion World.
    To be honest, I want to see this again in X/Y. Would be interesting to see a smooth Distortion World-like puzzle using X/Y's graphics.

wouldn't that makes loading the box be a little bit too heavy?

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Something I will love if they add...something like how the battleground affect some pokemon in conquest!

Example Fire mons talking on lava, water type walking / Swimming on water...but with a twist if another type like water touch lava it cools down but if the mon is a grass type it hurt himself!!

Something like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Sky View Post
    I wonder if the character's movement is limited to a linear up, down. left, right or allows a 360 free range of directions.

The viewing angle, is it still on an overworld perspective or will it change according to the environment like in the Skyarrow Bridge and Castelia City?
    The trailer suggested that the camera will change based on the environment that the player is in, but for the most part it appears to be overworld based with a slight angle to the view (it can always change though since it's not final).

As for movement, yeah the player is stuck with grid-based movement of left/right/up/down. Sucks, but hopefully it'll gradually get better as GF works with 3DS as a prime console for the Pokemon series.

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    wouldn't that makes loading the box be a little bit too heavy?
    Not at all, I think.

You will only call the 3d model when you're looking at its summary page.
    As for browsing the box, I think the Pokemon will just be miniature static models and will only move whenever selected.

I don't think it'll be memory heavy.

I hope this game has great 3D cutscenes :3. I mean, Gen V pushed the DS to its limits, and the 3DS is built for 3D.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I hope this game has great 3D cutscenes :3. I mean, Gen V pushed the DS to its limits, and the 3DS is built for 3D.
    If the games are already in 3D there should be no reason why the cutscenes wouldn't be in 3D as well.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

What I thought of that seems cool would be that when you fly, instead of choosing the place first and THEN showing the animation, it shows you release and hop on to your pokemon right after you select "fly", and then on the touch screen you select your destination while the top screen shows a 3-D animation of your character on a pokemon, flying in the sky.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    As for movement, yeah the player is stuck with grid-based movement of left/right/up/down. Sucks, but hopefully it'll gradually get better as GF works with 3DS as a prime console for the Pokemon series.
    Certain mechanics such as egg hatching require a grid-movement system to actually measure the steps. They'd have to rework this and many other mechanics of the game to take away grid-based movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    I believe this has been said when Generation 4 was announced. But this could be the time. Because it's in 3D!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I believe this has been said when Generation 4 was announced. But this could be the time. Because it's in 3D!
    i just rewatched the trailer and the player characters walked/ran/skated in a straight line throughout the trailer. The male PC did change direction once in the forest, and it was at right angles. He did take a somewhat curved path on the rope swing but it looks similar to Castelia City or Celestial Tower in that the camera moved with the player character.
    Nothing conclusive, but it looks grid-based to me, not just in movement but in the design of the areas too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

What's the problem with grid-based movement? It doesn't take away anything from the gameplay, and honestly if Gamefreak wanted to do away with it, they could have in Gen II.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Page 38 of 127 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast