Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Nothing conclusive, but it looks grid-based to me, not just in movement but in the design of the areas too.
    I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but it could change. And yes, he's moving in straight line.
    So moving in all directions is very unlikely, or even not happening at all.
    Last edited by DarkSword39; 17th March 2013 at 1:45 AM.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I believe this has been said when Generation 4 was announced. But this could be the time. Because it's in 3D!
    That's not what I meant. I said based on the trailer, it WILL be grid-based. Idk what Generation IV has to do with this...?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Certain mechanics such as egg hatching require a grid-movement system to actually measure the steps. They'd have to rework this and many other mechanics of the game to take away grid-based movement.
    I imagine that won't be hard...I mean, to say you need grid based for egg-hatching is a terrible excuse considering that they could pretty much make it so that steps are counted regardless of directionality.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    The trailer suggested that the camera will change based on the environment that the player is in, but for the most part it appears to be overworld based with a slight angle to the view (it can always change though since it's not final).

As for movement, yeah the player is stuck with grid-based movement of left/right/up/down. Sucks, but hopefully it'll gradually get better as GF works with 3DS as a prime console for the Pokemon series.
    Grid-based movement is something that will always be part of main series Pokemon.

I mean, really, it has nothing to do with hardware restrictions or anything. There are plenty of games as far back as the Game Boy that has free, non-grid-restricted-movement, such as Link's Awakening. As GravityStorm mentioned, they could have done away with as early as Generation II, but they didn't.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Grid-based movement is something that will always be part of main series Pokemon.

I mean, really, it has nothing to do with hardware restrictions or anything. There are plenty of games as far back as the Game Boy that has free, non-grid-restricted-movement, such as Link's Awakening. As GravityStorm mentioned, they could have done away with as early as Generation II, but they didn't.
    Masuda thought 2D and sprites would always be part of the Pokemon series, yet even he went back on his word and managed to create X and Y, Pokemon's first 3D game. So I wouldn't be quick to assume that something will stay with the franchise, especially one that has been evolving as quickly as Pokemon in each generation. Especially with the 3DS' circle pad being a part of the hardware, I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary to foresee that grid-based movement will be scrapped in future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Masuda thought 2D and sprites would always be part of the Pokemon series, yet even he went back on his word and managed to create X and Y, Pokemon's first 3D game. So I wouldn't be quick to assume that something will stay with the franchise, especially one that has been evolving as quickly as Pokemon in each generation. Especially with the 3DS' circle pad being a part of the hardware, I wouldn't say it's out of the ordinary to foresee that grid-based movement will be scrapped in future generations.
    He also said that they wanted to move on to 3D once they felt the technology could do it effectively.

There are RPG's on the Game Boy that have 360 degree movement. If they wanted to do it, they would have done it a long time ago.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

You know it just occured to me that since the 3DS uses a WPA key which is very common these days then we should be able to connect anywhere which has an internet connection!!!

In the past I've often been annoyed with my old clunky DS system which uses an almost defunct WEP key -even though I would be able to connect my laptop at places like McDonnald's the DS would never work. Simply switching the games to my 3DS wouldn't work either because gen 4 & 5 were designed for the DS systems and so they use the WEP key.

I'm looking forward to being able to play online wherever I go! sixth gen is gonna be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    You know it just occured to me that since the 3DS uses a WPA key which is very common these days then we should be able to connect anywhere which has an internet connection!!!

In the past I've often been annoyed with my old clunky DS system which uses an almost defunct WEP key -even though I would be able to connect my laptop at places like McDonnald's the DS would never work. Simply switching the games to my 3DS wouldn't work either because gen 4 & 5 were designed for the DS systems and so they use the WEP key.

I'm looking forward to being able to play online wherever I go! sixth gen is gonna be great!
    Gen 5 games can use the WPA key, as can a DSi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    What I thought of that seems cool would be that when you fly, instead of choosing the place first and THEN showing the animation, it shows you release and hop on to your pokemon right after you select "fly", and then on the touch screen you select your destination while the top screen shows a 3-D animation of your character on a pokemon, flying in the sky.
    Ha! That'd be sweet! It'll make the touch screen more useful than just having it for the poketech/c-gear/new one.

I hope we're still not able to go diagonally or not able to go into a space because it looks to small, like what happened in hoenn all the time.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Sounds sweet, we need more stuff for the touch screen.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Tf916 View Post
    I know, right? I mean, people were excited for what they'd do with it and in both gens it was a disapointment. Granted picking moves was alright, but still.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Something I will love if they add...something like how the battleground affect some pokemon in conquest!

Example Fire mons talking on lava, water type walking / Swimming on water...but with a twist if another type like water touch lava it cools down but if the mon is a grass type it hurt himself!!

Something like that!!
    Reminds me of Megaman Battle Network

Margikarp better not be splashing will it is submerged in water.

I hope other fish pokemon flop around like magikarp. But a charmander underwater is crazy unless they can have an excuse like an air bubble or something. or it is on the surface of the water. That's why I don't think HM will be used in Gen VI.

This. Seriously, GF, the one thing HGSS did right was having the touch screen features... And you're just gonna take that away in the next gen?

Anyway, the HM thing sounds kinda cool, especially since we'll have 3D graphics to enhance it. :P

"i know how to use a sword!" - tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder and tales of the abyss

This is so important. I want all menus on the touch screen and I also want the in-game pokedex revamped similar to Pokedex 3D on the 3DS for those of you who know it.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Margikarp better not be splashing will it is submerged in water.

I hope other fish pokemon flop around like magikarp. But a charmander underwater is crazy unless they can have an excuse like an air bubble or something. or it is on the surface of the water. That's why I don't think HM will be used in Gen VI.
    Fish Pokémon besides Magikarp will float when on land. Magikarp just doesn't get access to those privileges because he's so pathetic.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

Yeah, I think that the flopping around is just Magikarp's specific stance and that each pokemon will have its own.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    Fish Pokémon besides Magikarp will float when on land. Magikarp just doesn't get access to those privileges because he's so pathetic.
    its a shame really id quite like it to have a floating/swimming animation i might actually use it for fun if they did that

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    its a shame really id quite like it to have a floating/swimming animation i might actually use it for fun if they did that
    I'm personally hoping that water-types will actually have a swimming animation, at least for when they're in water.

Quote Originally Posted by Auaria~ View Post
    This. Seriously, GF, the one thing HGSS did right was having the touch screen features... And you're just gonna take that away in the next gen?

Anyway, the HM thing sounds kinda cool, especially since we'll have 3D graphics to enhance it. :P
    To be fair, it's not that it was taken away...It was because two different development teams worked on HGSS and BW respectively. So not all ideas from HGSS's dev team made it to BW's dev team anyway.

I think they should remove the c gear and add a bottom screen menu. Its just so convenient.
    3DS FC 3780 9295 7690
    IGN Matthew

Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/RedBrickGamerShow

Hidden Abilities
    Ditto
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Gibble

Quote Originally Posted by lownote72 View Post
    I think they should remove the c gear and add a bottom screen menu. Its just so convenient.
    Like SoulSilver? I loved that.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

I really like how it looks so far but I wish they could change the elite four process like they should have you to battle in a tournament after getting all badges like in the show before challenging them. it would make things more exciting

What I would really like to see this new gen is diglett/dugtrio's feet. Damn, it's 3d now, and they use slash, show them how they use it.

Quote Originally Posted by starrs10 View Post
    What I would really like to see this new gen is diglett/dugtrio's feet. Damn, it's 3d now, and they use slash, show them how they use it.
    They'll probably just make them dig to the opponent, and then hit.

And how would skydrop look like with a pidgey and Wailord?

Page 39 of 127 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast