Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

The moment I saw this I thought "ew", but I've quickly learned to like and accept it. Whining about how awful it looks won't do anything to change it, as this is the inevitable future of Pokemon; full on 3-Dimensional realms and battling. I mean, it is the 3DS, so this was very much expected. My only complaint now is how the trainers' models animate. They run... quite awkwardly, as well as look pretty lame, haha. The battle clips, however... are pretty much what made me go from "this is horrible" to "this is gonna be one epic Pokemon game".

My jaw figgin dropped.

Thank you!!! Thank you for making the graphics look good! Gotta say I was kinda skeptical about a gen 6 but those graphics....totally make up for it!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I can't wait to see how things will look like when riding a bike. Would it look fluent, or will it be butchered? As for everything else, it looks AWESOME!!! I can't wait for this to come out and I wonder if it's length will be much longer than previous Pokemon games, as it is in 3D, and I find most 3D RPG games to have me end up spending over 100 hours initially. But that is for another thread.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9

Spoiler:- :

Actual 3D models OMG they listened! Though the early beta looks kinda meh, but it's still very early so cheah. Also Nintendo thank-you for releasing all versions at the same time.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

It still looks pretty blurry, but its just the beta and I'm sure the final product will look great!
    3DS Friend Code: 4210-4695-6300
    PM me if you want to exchange FCs!

I WANT FENNEKIN NOW! QAQ

So with the new and updated battle graphics, are there still going to be things like models blinking when they get hit and sound effects for not very effective, neutrally effective, and super effective damage? Or do you think the HP would deplete as the moves hit the targets?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

So,i just noticed that the player char is roller skating... I wonder if that's a replacement for the running shoes or the bicycle?
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    So with the new and updated battle graphics, are there still going to be things like models blinking when they get hit and sound effects for not very effective, neutrally effective, and super effective damage? Or do you think the HP would deplete as the moves hit the targets?
    Maybe it'll be something similar to PBR, where the health bar appears in front of the Pokemon and depletes as the Pokemon gets hit. I didn't notice if the Pokemon still blinked after being hit in the trailer, though.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Glover View Post
    So,i just noticed that the player char is roller skating... I wonder if that's a replacement for the running shoes or the bicycle?
    i wound suspect bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Maybe it'll be something similar to PBR, where the health bar appears in front of the Pokemon and depletes as the Pokemon gets hit. I didn't notice if the Pokemon still blinked after being hit in the trailer, though.
    As long as both players have access to health bars when they're selecting what to do for the turn, fine by me. :P

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I wonder if the pokes are animated or not throughout the whole battle like gen 5

Bicycle. The player is seen running in the shot before they encounter the Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I wonder if the pokes are animated or not throughout the whole battle like gen 5
    The Pikachu bobs its head a bit, so that's a yes. They may not be as dynamic as 5th gen's though.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I was wondering this too, then I noticed they still run in the trailer(Unless that's before they get their roller shoes). Maybe there's more options to get around now.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I also am curious as how they're going to handle shiny pokemon this generation. It will be really interesting, same thing goes for the party pokemon and bag pages. Almost everything we have known about Pokemon will probably be changed or updated this time around.

2013 Winter Friendlies

oh wow. I just thought he was running very slowly. I feel a bit stupid actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    As long as both players have access to health bars when they're selecting what to do for the turn, fine by me. :P
    I can't imagine them not being displayed at the start of the turn, but who knows. Game Freak really seems to be breaking their long-held traditions this time. I honestly never thought I'd be seeing fully 3D battles on a handheld.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    I also am curious as how they're going to handle shiny pokemon this generation. It will be really interesting, same thing goes for the party pokemon and bag pages. Almost everything we have known about Pokemon will probably be changed or updated this time around.
    I would expect that while there will be differences based around graphics, it'll be much the same way as every other game. A list with item images you scroll though. Probably, it'll be on the touchpad again.
        Spoiler:- Breeding stuff:

I would expect that while there will be differences based around graphics, it'll be much the same way as every other game. A list with item images you scroll though. Probably, it'll be on the touchpad again.
    Hmm, probably. I am also thinking whether or not how they're going to handle cutscenes as well. For example, think of the something like the Kyogre/Groudon Sootopolis battle cutscene put into full Pop-out 3D. That would just be amazing wouldn't it?

2013 Winter Friendlies

I like the graphics, but I'm still the little iffy. I just hope they don't take away from anything from the past generations. I just can't wait to know more about X and Y. Right now it's just the starters, the Mascots, a shot of one of the gyms (possible a bug-type gyms at at), the male and female players, and a couple other things. Hopefully this week or next week we learn a lot more.

Plus things are gonna get leaked a ton from now until October. Let the games begin !!
    Gen I:
    Gen II:
    Gen III:
    Gen IV:
    Gen V:
    Gen VI: Gredinja, Aurorus, Aegislash, Dragalge, Trevenant, Xerneas

More than the 3D stuff I'm concerned about the mechanics.
    I mean, we don't know if there wont be any sprite. There are two screens after all and the other could be used to display the information that you need in battle. Maybe there lays the icons and something to identify the Pokemon (Something close to a sprite)

This plataform in 3D seems to step up a little further and we can see our characters jumping on a rope which is something completely new so far: our character now does something on his own ASIDE having Pokemons. That could open a lot of possibilities. I'm not expecting a The Walking Dead kind of interaction with the world, but something that lead to that direction would be awesome.

i want to be able to chose hard mode or easy mode from the start and not have to go through all the ******** from black 2 and white 2 because that was really stupid

i want a tough game and to make it challenging

Calling it now, Rollerskates will be the new bike, and every fanboy with make a POKEMON BATTLES ON ROLLERSKATES joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. They'll have to make shiny versions of the 3D models, won't they? That'll be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    Calling it now, Rollerskates will be the new bike, and every fanboy with make a POKEMON BATTLES ON ROLLERSKATES joke.
    I really shouldn't like this joke and variations thereupon, but I do. ):

Huh, I hadn't even thought about shiny Pokemon models. That'll certainly be interesting to see, maybe even special animations for shiny Pokemon too? Either way, already badass stuff is going to become even more awesome.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I just wonder how wi-fi's going to work out, And if we'll be able to trade in pokemon from past games b/w2, Including shiny pokemon etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fire View Post
    i want to be able to chose hard mode or easy mode from the start and not have to go through all the ******** from black 2 and white 2 because that was really stupidi want a tough game and to make it challenging
    Dafaq i just read o.0'

Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast