Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Ummm.... no. They're using completely new models. Compare the Pikachu with Pokedex 3d Pro, and you see same pose, different model.
    Try again. Position it at the exact same angle that you see in the trailer, and you'll see that it's the same model. It's a different texture (low-res cel shading), and the lighting is different, but it's the exact same model.

Plus, Magikarp is flailing on the ground in the trailer, and to a lesser extent, Froakie's on the ground too. You really need to look carefully and research before you post. ._.
    Magikarp's flopping around on the ground? Gosh, they've never done that before. You've convinced me, it has to be a new model. How else can you explain it?
    As for the Froakie thing... I did say "nearly every water-type", not "every water-type".

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    Try again. Position it at the exact same angle that you see in the trailer, and you'll see that it's the same model. It's a different texture (low-res cel shading), and the lighting is different, but it's the exact same model.

Magikarp's flopping around on the ground? Gosh, they've never done that before. You've convinced me, it has to be a new model. How else can you explain it?
    As for the Froakie thing... I did say "nearly every water-type", not "every water-type".

Well, the Pokedex 3D models are good anyway, so I honestly don't give two shizzbits. You've kinda countered yourself by saying 'The old Pokemon will be Forgotten' when clearly they use the up-to-date Pokedex 3d (albeit re-textured) models. End of argument.

I'm excited for the backdrops during battle!

You've kinda countered yourself by saying 'The old Pokemon will be Forgotten' when clearly they use the up-to-date Pokedex 3d (albeit re-textured) models. End of argument. !
    They're the same models.

A model is the wire frame that the textures get applied on top of. Since it's Easter tomorrow, think of an egg as a model, and the paint on top of it as the texture. Game Freak have used the same eggs that they've been using for 14 years, with a new paint job (probably not even that, all they have to do is use a lower-rez texture than the pokedex app uses) and new light sources.

The paint jobs might look pretty and new, but the eggs are cracked and rotten.

Speaking of 3D models, I really hope they fix Chespin's.
    He just looks a little off without his buck teeth showing.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

I really hope they are going to do something cool with moves that have an overworld effect. It would be awsome to see your pokemon dig a tunnel and have your character follow it to escape a cave, or to show a tiny bird pokemon carrying you into the air

Quote Originally Posted by nonamesavailable View Post
    I really hope they are going to do something cool with moves that have an overworld effect. It would be awsome to see your pokemon dig a tunnel and have your character follow it to escape a cave, or to show a tiny bird pokemon carrying you into the air
    I love that idea. I have always thought that with flying but digging would be awesome too. I also hope cutting trees, moving boulders, and smashing rocks is more visual than just seeing a sprite once and your character doing the rest.

I hope that they give us a very visual difference to moves. Like make Water Gun (Which if I'm right, we've already seen! (Froaks possibly used it!) look puny compared to the much more powerful Hydro Pump, and in turn make that look puny compared to Hydro Cannon! And make the Pokemon seem like they're flying when using Fly. In PBR/Colosseum/XD: GoD, they just... fly up and continue with their normal animations! It looks so dumb!

I hope that they give us a very visual difference to moves. Like make Water Gun (Which if I'm right, we've already seen! (Froaks possibly used it!) look puny compared to the much more powerful Hydro Pump, and in turn make that look puny compared to Hydro Cannon! And make the Pokemon seem like they're flying when using Fly. In PBR/Colosseum/XD: GoD, they just... fly up and continue with their normal animations! It looks so dumb!
    Yeah, I would rather see a large improvement in digging and flying in battle. Mind you, I haven't played B/W and I have been playing a buttload of Stadium 2 lately, so what I'm saying could have been fixed already. But I just wanna see the full on animations of a pokemon flapping its wings to sustain flight and digging into the ground with its claws to burrow.

Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    I miss the sprites too, but for different reasons.

Game Freak is notoriously lazy, and I guarantee that the old Pokemon are just going to use the same horrible Nintendo 64 graphics that they've always had.

They looked okay on the Nintendo 64, but it's been 14 years since Pokemon Stadium, and let's face it, they're getting pretty dated. (Check out Moltres in Pokemon Colosseum- soooo pixelated)

I mean, some games have graphics that age like a fine wine (Fallout 1 and 2, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Planescape: Torment, A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger etc), and then there's the Nintendo 64.
    Gamefreak is not lazy, You seem to be forgetting that gamefreak didn't develop the console games, so comparing their console models to the cel shaded x and y models is unfair.

I'm pretty sure some of the models are different. Krookodile has its mouth closed in 3D Pro, but it's open in the Sylveon trailer.
    I like trains.

"Hi, girl, can I Squirtle on your Jigglypuff?"

I'm not too fussed whether the models are the same or if they are different -- some of the N64 models would look pretty good IMO if they were revamped graphically -- like, for example, with Ocarina of Time. The graphics aren't the best but it is a handheld console game - we're not going to get the Titanic of gaming graphics on a handheld device LMFAO

Anyway, with regards to the switch from sprites to models, I'm reaaaaaally going to miss the sprites. I've been playing on Pokemon since I was a kid and knowing that the main series are changing is a little sad. I am looking forward to it, though! (although I seriously hope the fly animations are going to actually be flying like in stadium)

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

Character customisation has been discussed a lot, from what I've seen in. I think it would be really cool, and add a new aspect of originality for Trainers.
    I think it's going to occur because of the fact it's on the 3DS. They're probably going to use the fact they have 3D to play with, so character customisation would be a good way to show it.

Another thing I've thought about, is cross-generation interaction. I think it would be kinda cool to be able to fight people with a Generation V game while using a Generation VI game yourself. Though that may be hindered by the obvious graphics difference, but I think GameFreak could get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfer View Post
    Another thing I've thought about, is cross-generation interaction. I think it would be kinda cool to be able to fight people with a Generation V game while using a Generation VI game yourself. Though that may be hindered by the obvious graphics difference, but I think GameFreak could get around that.
    They can't do this due to the new Pokemon.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Oh right. I forgot about that. XD

Quote Originally Posted by jakovu View Post
    I'm pretty sure some of the models are different. Krookodile has its mouth closed in 3D Pro, but it's open in the Sylveon trailer.
    They also use the 'Action" feature from 3D pro for the sprites, evident w/ Magikarp. This may be whats happening with Krookidile.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Some pokes will have new models as, ya know, they never existed before this...

After playing PMD: Gates to Infinity, I can't help but wonder how the quality of the Pokemon animation in X/Y will compare. All of the Pokemon in that game seem to have well over a dozen unique animations each, though not all of them would be applicable to the main games.

I do hope they'll at least bother having one for confusion and sleep like they did in that game, though. I always thought it looked abnormal when flying Pokemon stayed airborne while sleeping.

lmfao that some of you guys honestly think that they made 649+ models for Pokedex 3D Pro, and then made another 700+ separate models for X & Y.

They're using the same models. Just because they're in different poses ("OMG KROOKIDILE'S MOUTH IS OPEN IT HAZ TO BE A NEW MODEL GUISE") doesn't mean they're new models. As I've mentioned before, cel-shading is something done by the graphics engine, and is NOT actually part of the model data.

Also the only reason why Pokedex 3D exists at all is because of Pokemon X & Y. The models were designed for X & Y (remember that Game Freak was the first company to receive 3DS dev kits? Meaning X & Y has been in development since late 2009), and somebody at GF while they were developing the X & Y 3DS engine thought "hey lets make a quick buck and release a Pokedex app using these models that we've had Creatures Inc make for X & Y!"

To say that X & Y uses Pokedex 3D Pro models is kinda misleading, more like Pokedex 3D Pro uses X & Y models. X & Y started development loooong before that cheapass eShop app known as Pokedex 3D (& Pro).

Game Freak is notoriously lazy, and I guarantee that the old Pokemon are just going to use the same horrible Nintendo 64 graphics that they've always had.
    Why the hell do you think Pokedex 3D Pro even exists? It exists because it was Game Freak's way of saying "LOOK GUYS WE FINALLY MADE NEW MODELS FOR THE OLD POKEMON." Clearly you haven't seen the X & Y trailer, because it's really obvious that Pikachu, Psyduck, and Dratini from the trailers use their Pokedex 3D models, cel-shaded by X & Y's different graphics engine.

I bet you my Serebiiforums account that not a single Pokemon will use its Stadium model.

Anyway, it remains to be seen whether they all get updated. My guess is no. I guarantee you that nearly every water-type is going to float above the ground. Just you watch.
    (Also, it's been pretty much confirmed that they've used the Pokedex 3d models with new cel-shaded textures, which are Pokemon Stadium/Snap models with new textures).
    Do you even have Pokedex 3D Pro, let alone a 3DS? It's REALLY FREAKING OBVIOUS that Pokedex 3D Pro has updated models for EVERY SINGLE POKEMON.

Stadium/Snap:

Pokedex 3D Pro:

lmfao you think they're the same models
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 3rd April 2013 at 4:21 AM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Chaos Rush laying down the law. Saying they'll use the stadium models is like saying that the old Pokemon would not be animated back when BW were being released.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    Yea the protagonist needs customizable features. The males ones have been pretty bad lately. It like the keep redesigning Hilbert.
    I don't think Nate was too bad... In fact, he was my favourite Male protagonist (but I chose Rosa anyway because her design is awesome XD).

Quote Originally Posted by SimH8 View Post
    They look amazing, I'll miss the sprites but this should be so much better.
    I agree; sprites were amazing, but with the 3DS coming they had to try a fully 3D game, and it looks amazing. Personally, I think that the way the Pokémon look in battle is by far better than in Pokémon Rumble and Ranch, but it's understandably not as detailed as the Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution models. Of course, the first 649 Pokémon's models are being reused from Pokédex 3D Pro, but I feel the same way about the models in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    They're wrong it seems. When Froakie is sent out, you can see that the team used has four members. We only see attack shots, so I'd guess is that the HP-bar moves out of the way for the animation.
    Makes sense considering how Battle Revolution (and possibly the other 3D games, though I can't remember them too well) did exactly the same.

It's most probable they didn't show it just because it's a trailer. (Or even cooler, the HP gauge is on the touch screen!)

Anyone else see the Newtwo/Mewthree trailer and think the move graphics were just beautiful? I seriously cannot wait until this game comes out.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    Anyone else see the Newtwo/Mewthree trailer and think the move graphics were just beautiful? I seriously cannot wait until this game comes out.
    yeah its on the main page now just rewatched it and loved the animations for the attacks the ones i can guess are blizzard, energy ball, shadow ball, and pycho cut????

I think focus blast may have been there too. It looked kind of like Fire though.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Leaves were falling in the battle field, love the ambient effects

Page 41 of 127 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast