Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I don't think that they are re-using any of the old models at all.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Wintendo View Post
    Im completly agree they appear to have created new ones

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    Im completly agree they appear to have created new ones
    as do I, but people have picked up lit torches ready to whack me, insisting they're edited versions of the pokedex 3D pro ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    As do I, but people have picked up lit torches ready to whack me, insisting they're edited versions of the Pokedex 3D Pro ones.
    They are wrong. The new models are so much more byewwwwwwwwtiful.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

They are wrong. The new models are so much more byewwwwwwwwtiful.
    right? there's something about them that are much more appealing. I think the 3D dex was most likely their way of testing 3D models as well as gates to infinity.

To all the people who were complaining why B2W2 weren't on the 3DS, well I think Gamefeak has answered that this last week.
    The graphics of X/Y are amazing. Kalos looks beautiful. The detail is astounding and the game seems very vibrant and well thought out.
    You can tell that Gamefreak have worked long and hard polishing the games and have used the last 3 years wisely.
    If they had done the opposite and rushed B2W2 on to the 3DS there is NO way they would look half as good as these.
    Time is effort and effort equals good business :]
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

Quote Originally Posted by Kall El View Post
    To all the people who were complaining why B2W2 weren't on the 3DS, well I think Gamefeak has answered that this last week.
    The graphics of X/Y are amazing. Kalos looks beautiful. The detail is astounding and the game seems very vibrant and well thought out.
    You can tell that Gamefreak have worked long and hard polishing the games and have used the last 3 years wisely.
    If they had done the opposite and rushed B2W2 on to the 3DS there is NO way they would look half as good as these.
    Time is effort and effort equals good business :]
    I agree with that. I'm glad BW wasn't rushed to the 3DS because it felt like a rushed *** generation to begin with.
    but anyway, they said something back in January about working on something for 7 years just to get worldwide simultaneous releases. do you reckon that they've been working on gen VI for that long? because I don't but it was sort of implied. if anything, I think they may have meant that TPCi had been working with gamefreak (the original creators of Pokemon) for 7 years to get a simultaneous release in general.

I agree with that. I'm glad BW wasn't rushed to the 3DS because it felt like a rushed *** generation to begin with.
    but anyway, they said something back in January about working on something for 7 years just to get worldwide simultaneous releases. do you reckon that they've been working on gen VI for that long? because I don't but it was sort of implied. if anything, I think they may have meant that TPCi had been working with gamefreak (the original creators of Pokemon) for 7 years to get a simultaneous release in general.
    Here's the thing. I don't when but sometime a few years ago the Gamefreak team split in to two.
    So whilst one was working on HGSS, the other was busy working on BW and so on...

They had originally planned for 5th Gen to be a quick, not necessarily rushed, just VERY VERY quick like umm..a car..Bughatti? :s
    Gamefreak being one of the first to receive the 3DS dev-kit, they had plenty of time to look into it and plan for the next Generation of games.
    However, they probably were already deep into BW development so there was no point cancelling everything just to move to the 3DS. Furthermore, it makes perfect sense for a franchise that has been somewhat reliant and 2D/2.5 graphics to take there time in producing there 3D titles and in the meanwhile the other team quickly makes BW and then BW2 as time pass.

The result is we get awesome games for the 3Ds whilst also not having to wait too long, as in the mean time we got BW and BW2 which IMHO were also amazing games considering they were on the same handheld device as DPPTHGSS.

& yeah I agree with the time and release thing. They've probably been working to get localisations as shorter as possible. You could tell from this previous generation with BW/BW2 being released far quicker then Diamond and Pearl for example.
    And now X/Y are on course to break the record, if there ever was one :]
    Last edited by Kall El; 17th May 2013 at 3:21 AM.
    *Hoenn is where the start is*

as do I, but people have picked up lit torches ready to whack me, insisting they're edited versions of the pokedex 3D pro ones.
    They aren't anyone saying that is crazy, its a diferent type of models, the skeletons seems to be diferent, this are cell shading the Pokedex 3D ones aren't, they are completelly diferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    They aren't anyone saying that is crazy, its a diferent type of models, the skeletons seems to be diferent, this are cell shading the Pokedex 3D ones aren't, they are completelly diferent.
    well they implied that the XY models ARE the 3D dex models but cell shaded and not entirely new models.

So we won't have pre-6th gen sprites anymore?
    If the 3D/celshaded models and sprites for Pokémon are going to replace these sprites, we'll be expecting no more pre-6th gen sprites at all?!
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

For the record, cel shading is done by the graphics engine, and is not a quality of the model itself. They could be the same models but unfortunately we have only seen glimpses of old pokemon in trailers and screenshots and such. It's hard to tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

While I'm super excited about X & Y, and I love all of the new 3D graphics, I can't help but wonder what we're going to do now that there aren't anymore sprites? All of our trainer cards, memes, & all other pokémon fan art came from the various sprites of the games & now that pokémon's going 3D, it seems like were left with nothing whatsoever.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    While I'm super excited about X & Y, and I love all of the new 3D graphics, I can't help but wonder what we're going to do now that there aren't anymore sprites? All of our trainer cards, memes, & all other pokémon fan art came from the various sprites of the games & now that pokémon's going 3D, it seems like were left with nothing whatsoever.
    I've already seen 3D rips of some of the models. I'm sure somebody will be creative enough to make new trainer cards and whatnot that utilize the models. I used to be a sprites myself and I used to make fake sprites for Pokemon so that could also happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I know it's possible because I tried tweaking with the cell models myself using the pictures from the website & VLC snapshots from the trailers, but I don't their quality or resolution is as good as the sprites &, since I've never dealt with 3D models before, I'm not sure how people will get better pictures
        Spoiler:- Possible Future of Trainer Cards & All Other Fan Art:
    this isn't the right place to discuss this but PM me if you'd like to keep talking about it.
    BTW, That's a nice trainer card. the only weird looking one is sylveon.

well they implied that the XY models ARE the 3D dex models but cell shaded and not entirely new models.
    Who implied that? its not even the same developer, the Pokedex 3D isn't done by Gamefreak.

Who implied that?
    The game did? Every time we've seen older Pokemon the models look pretty similar to the Pokedex 3D ones.
    Obviously edited a bit and some stances changed, but it'd be stupid to let those meshes go to waste and just straight up create 649++ new ones

I've explained this before, and I guess I will again:

The models in Pokedex 3D Pro were actually designed initially for use in Pokemon X & Y. The models are exactly the same, just because Krookodile's mouth is open does not mean it's a completely new model. Cel-shading is something handled by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The model data is exactly the same, but the way the graphics engine interprets the data is different between Pokemon X & Y and Pokedex 3D.

The only reason why Pokedex 3D (& Pro) even exists is because of their decision to have Pokemon X & Y use 3D models. They thought, "hey since we just made all these models for Pokemon X & Y, lets release a Pokedex app on the 3DS for a quick buck." Remember that Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive 3DS dev-kits, meaning that they've been working on it since 2010.

Which sounds more logical:
    1) Creatures Inc, the company that handles all 3D modeling, made 649 models for Pokedex 3D Pro and then made 649 models AGAIN for no reason

or

2) Creatures Inc made new models for the first 649 Pokemon, released Pokedex 3D (Pro), sent the models to Game Freak, then Game Freak's like "hey lets use cel-shading in X & Y."

Also many of you seem to be forgetting the fact that Krookodile opens its mouth in one of its animations for Pokedex 3D Pro.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 17th May 2013 at 8:24 PM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    I've explained this before, and I guess I will again:

The models in Pokedex 3D Pro were actually designed initially for use in Pokemon X & Y. The models are exactly the same, just because Krookodile's mouth is open does not mean it's a completely new model. Cel-shading is something handled by the graphics engine, and is not actually part of the model data. The model data is exactly the same, but the way the graphics engine interprets the data is different between Pokemon X & Y and Pokedex 3D.

The only reason why Pokedex 3D (& Pro) even exists is because of their decision to have Pokemon X & Y use 3D models. They thought, "hey since we just made all these models for Pokemon X & Y, lets release a Pokedex app on the 3DS for a quick buck." Remember that Game Freak was one of the first companies to receive 3DS dev-kits, meaning that they've been working on it since 2010.
    Also to use them in the Pokepark games, the arcade games, and some TCG art on the side.
    GameFreak is nothing if not thrifty with their resources

Anyone else hoping we'll get to choose a "Difficult Mode" right off the bat? I want a challenge when I play and I don't see why I should have to beat the game once on normal when I've been playing games on normal for 15 years.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Also to use them in the Pokepark games, the arcade games, and some TCG art on the side.
    GameFreak is nothing if not thrifty with their resources
    They realized around 2010 that they can't use the Stadium models forever, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    Anyone else hoping we'll get to choose a "Difficult Mode" right off the bat? I want a challenge when I play and I don't see why I should have to beat the game once on normal when I've been playing games on normal for 15 years.
    Yes, I agree. It was pretty stupid of Game Freak to include a features that affects the ENTIRE GAME yet you can only access it when you beat the Elite Four, and if you're a White-owner (like me), you have to get an Action Replay find someone with Black 2.
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    They realized around 2010 that they can't use the Stadium models forever, lol.

Yes, I agree. It was pretty stupid of Game Freak to include a features that affects the ENTIRE GAME yet you can only access it when you beat the Elite Four, and if you're a White-owner (like me), you have to get an Action Replay find someone with Black 2.
    Something tells me it won't be in XY, but will be in whatever they do the "third" game (a usual third game, a pair of sequels, a SINGLE sequel, etc). Hopefully there they'll realize that people would like easy & hard modes from the start.

Also I think this would be better suited for the Gameplay Speculation Thread, not the Gameplay GRAPHICS thread

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Something tells me it won't be in XY, but will be in whatever they do the "third" game (a usual third game, a pair of sequels, a SINGLE sequel, etc). Hopefully there they'll realize that people would like easy & hard modes from the start.

Also I think this would be better suited for the Gameplay Speculation Thread, not the Gameplay GRAPHICS thread
    Speaking of GRAPHICS, I must say:

This is one of the best looking 3DS games I've seen. The art style is executed beautifully, and will look even better in-motion and 3D. Game Freak have come a long way in graphics, from the GBA games being graphically outclassed by many other games on the same system, from the DS games starting with Diamond/Pearl which just looked like the GBA games in 3D, with the graphics getting slowly better with Platinum and HG&SS, all the way to the Unova games which pushed the DS to its limits, and now we have this, which looks f*cking amazing.
    1. Blow your nose

It looks to me like they have added a layer of polish since the unveiling of the games. The textres look cleaner and the objects less jagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom champion Z View Post
    It looks to me like they have added a layer of polish since the unveiling of the games. The textres look cleaner and the objects less jagged.
    Yeah I wasn't too impressed with the initial trailer, but now everything looks...nice and clean. Lively.
    I think they improved the lighting engine, too, everything seems brighter.

I just noticed the shadows, too. It'll be neat to see them sway as the time of day changes.

Page 53 of 127 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast