Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3159

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Speaking of GRAPHICS, I must say:

This is one of the best looking 3DS games I've seen. The art style is executed beautifully, and will look even better in-motion and 3D. Game Freak have come a long way in graphics, from the GBA games being graphically outclassed by many other games on the same system, from the DS games starting with Diamond/Pearl which just looked like the GBA games in 3D, with the graphics getting slowly better with Platinum and HG&SS, all the way to the Unova games which pushed the DS to its limits, and now we have this, which looks f*cking amazing.
    This looks amazing.
    I hope they keep the day/night cycle; would be really nice exploring at night with those graphics, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    This looks amazing.
    I hope they keep the day/night cycle; would be really nice exploring at night with those graphics, in my opinion.
    They probably will. I don't know where to put this, but I hope music changes with day/night, that's one thing D/P/Pt did flawlessly. And encounters depending on time!

But seriously, the graphics look friggin' awesome! Look how far we've come from R/B! These wonderful graphics make me proud to be a Pokemon fan!

Also, I hope we get really dramatic capture scenes for legends. Like a tableau from like three different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    The game did? Every time we've seen older Pokemon the models look pretty similar to the Pokedex 3D ones.
    Obviously edited a bit and some stances changed, but it'd be stupid to let those meshes go to waste and just straight up create 649++ new ones
    Ofc they look alike its the same pokemon, the resources don't belong to them they belong to Nintendo/Creatures Inc., I'm sure Gamefreak want to make their own models their own style.

They are making them anyway, atleast the textures if they used the old "skeletons" from Pokedex 3D, so the works is there anyway, this are models done by gamefreak from scratch.

Creatures Inc, will probably it for X and Y.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 17th May 2013 at 10:22 PM.

Yeah I wasn't too impressed with the initial trailer, but now everything looks...nice and clean. Lively.
    I think they improved the lighting engine, too, everything seems brighter.

I just noticed the shadows, too. It'll be neat to see them sway as the time of day changes.
    Yea i agree. The trailer did look quite 'unfinished'. The new images revealed last week and the footage probably look like the best on the 3ds. It will be interesting to see if the whole game is as well polished as these pictures. It would be cool to have every detail finely designed. Also i think the trainers movement will be interesting in 3d.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Well that is true, the models in the first footage looked lot less polished then now.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    This looks amazing.
    Corocoro from January already confirmed this right? It showed Lumiose city at a different time of day.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    Speaking of GRAPHICS, I must say:

This is one of the best looking 3DS games I've seen. The art style is executed beautifully, and will look even better in-motion and 3D. Game Freak have come a long way in graphics, from the GBA games being graphically outclassed by many other games on the same system, from the DS games starting with Diamond/Pearl which just looked like the GBA games in 3D, with the graphics getting slowly better with Platinum and HG&SS, all the way to the Unova games which pushed the DS to its limits, and now we have this, which looks *bleep*ing amazing.
    Yes, this does look quite shockingly stupendous. Notice the item in the top left corner, the well-executed character models and the differing terrain.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Yea i agree. The trailer did look quite 'unfinished'. The new images revealed last week and the footage probably look like the best on the 3ds. It will be interesting to see if the whole game is as well polished as these pictures. It would be cool to have every detail finely designed. Also i think the trainers movement will be interesting in 3d.
    from what I've seen, the 3DS has a smoother screen in a way so the jagged edges basically seem nonexistent during gameplay. at least when compared to seeing it on a screen and whatnot. have you see the first trailer in the eShop? it looks much better on the 3DS's screen than on my phone or laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

looking at this screenshot
    I'm amazed by the graphics
    Just look at the background, the trees and beams of light coming through the tops
    And the characters detail is amazing aswell
    I'm loving all the light and shadow!

Also
    I'm wondering if the light will kind of shimmer from above

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

Just look at the background, the trees and beams of light coming through the tops

Also
    Am I the only one that finds the graphics to be glorified BW graphics? and I mean that in a good way. I loved the graphics from BW(2) for a DS Pokemon game but I feel like, aside from the models, the graphics in XY I just more life-sized versions of the BW graphics. I love them anyway because it has that Pokemon feel but ya.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post

Also
    I am not sure what it is.. but it feels as though something is off with how the girl looks in the background.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the graphics to be glorified BW graphics? and I mean that in a good way. I loved the graphics from BW(2) for a DS Pokemon game but I feel like, aside from the models, the graphics in XY I just more life-sized versions of the BW graphics. I love them anyway because it has that Pokemon feel but ya.
    In the sense that BW's graphics were glorified DP graphics were glorified RS graphics, I suppose

In the sense that BW's graphics were glorified DP graphics were glorified RS graphics, I suppose
    there you go. paraphrasing at its best.
    Last edited by Greninja VI; 18th May 2013 at 12:16 AM.

The graphics are getting better with every other trailer we get. Its nice seeing them polish it and perfect it, I'm glad they are making sure the jump to 3D is as flawless as ever.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Actually, I think these graphics are more glorified Pokemon XD/Colosseum graphics applied to main games. Or just a cross between BW2 graphics and Colosseum/XD graphics.

They're more halfway between PMD:GtI and PBR.

They're like chibis, but not THAT chibi.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They're more halfway between PMD:GtI and PBR.

They're like chibis, but not THAT chibi.
    You mean the overworld character sprites right? because i don't think the pokemon look chibi.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    You mean the overworld character sprites right? because i don't think the pokemon look chibi.
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

I honestly can't really that much of a difference between the Pokemon models in any of the games, though that may be more because I haven't played many of them in so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

I honestly can't really that much of a difference between the Pokemon models in any of the games, though that may be more because I haven't played many of them in so long.
    I agree about the models, but IIRC, the revolution models resemble the pokedex 3D pro more than the XY models.

I suppose this maybe the correct thread for this.

I have seen mixed reactions for the map of the Kalos region, and after looking it over for a moment I realized the region map is painted much like Claude monet's paintings, I'm kinda impressed~ French art work to go with the french related region.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta-hammy View Post
    I suppose this maybe the correct thread for this.

I have seen mixed reactions for the map of the Kalos region, and after looking it over for a moment I realized the region map is painted much like Claude monet's paintings, I'm kinda impressed~ French art work to go with the french related region.
    Claude Monet? I didn't get that impression. badum-tssh

Do we have any examples of the more dynamic camera angle outside Lumiose city? So far it looks like Gen 6's version of Castelia city(i.e. that one massive city with audacious camera angles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Claude Monet? I didn't get that impression. badum-tssh

Do we have any examples of the more dynamic camera angle outside Lumiose city? So far it looks like Gen 6's version of Castelia city(i.e. that one massive city with audacious camera angles).
    Yeah, I'd like different camera angles for the whole region. However it seems that in the fountain scene in the trailer, the camera only switched when you sat on the bench, so there may be no camra control outside of Lumiosd city.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Yeah, I'd like different camera angles for the whole region. However it seems that in the fountain scene in the trailer, the camera only switched when you sat on the bench, so there may be no camra control outside of Lumiosd city.
    I see no point of limiting the camera control to just one city. Besides, we saw various camera movement in the routes.
    The trailer probably utilized the default settings though.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I see no point of limiting the camera control to just one city. Besides, we saw various camera movement in the routes.
    The trailer probably utilized the default settings though.
    Okay I getcha. That part in the trailer where it said there were "Parental Controls" probably meant not only limiting 3D but maybe restricting certain camera movements to prevent dizziness. I do kinda get dizzy on the bus when the camera angles switch in SkyarrowBridge, so maybe the camera views can be controlled via settings.

However,Camera controls can also be used to take note of things. There could be a part in the game where changing your view can show the player different things and/or hints to puzzles in gyms or caves.

I can't wait to see the puzzles of this game, especially in 3D.
    How do you think iced floor will work?, since we will be able to walk in any direction.

Page 54 of 127 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast