Page 6 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I've always been skeptical of 3D being in the main series games, but I've got to take it back. The graphics are such a nice mix of the cute chibi style that we all love while adding realism, and the battle system is pretty snazzy and exciting looking.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

The graphics look like they were out of the new pokemon mystery dungeon and believe me those are some pretty good graphics (even though I don't care about graphics in a game).
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I loved the Sprites but the 3D Models are awesome!!!

Oh. My. Arceus. The graphics are so beautiful, I was so amazed by it. I was like "this isn't a Pokemon game. (O.O)" The 3DS is amazing on graphics. Everything looks so unique. I want to savoir this experience.

The battles look so much better than they have in the last five generations. They're actually exciting to look at and have more flair.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

honestly, I'm not a big fan of everything being in 3D. because of this, everything looks more pix-elated and there's less detail. plus, the game is viewed from the ground. just imagine how annoying that would be in a cave.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

As awesome as the 3D graphics are, I'm upset that the sprites are gone since we won't be able to make trainer cards or anything like that anymore

Plus, it feels more like pokémon stadium than a main series game. So this is going to take a lot of getting used to

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i think the new 3d models look a little like the 2d sprites theres a picture of the grass starter on pokebeach in game and looks like both 2d and 3d at the same time
    You're right, it kind of reminds me of the art style from the Sly Cooper games
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 8th January 2013 at 10:34 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I don't think they will be completely in proportion but also not completely out of it after all in the trailer you can see the size difference between chespin and golurk. Now when it comes to huge pokemons like wailord who knows what will be the approach they'll take.

Quote Originally Posted by Furret-Luver View Post
    honestly, I'm not a big fan of everything being in 3D. because of this, everything looks more pix-elated and there's less detail. plus, the game is viewed from the ground. just imagine how annoying that would be in a cave.
    Or a gym. You wouldn't be able to see where some gym trainers are hiding lol

3D is fantastic for Pokémon games in my opinion. I'm just glad that we've moved away from that little pixelated Sprite we normally get and it looks like they'll be taking what they did with Castelia to a whole new level. Also appreciating the more Battle Revolution-esque style of graphics. Thinking this could be a real landmark.
    Hey Serebii, how you doing? Not sure how many of you guys from way back are out there, but just to let you know that I'm back, though I'm not sure how regularly I'll be on. Thanks for everything, and I hope I can continue to enjoy my time here!

3DS Friend Code: 2105 - 8928 - 6860

Looking for any breedable flawless Pokemon!

You guys know that the 3DS has a Circle Pad and a D-Pad, right?

There's no reason you can't use the Circle Pad for movement and the D-Pad for camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    3D is fantastic for Pokémon games in my opinion. I'm just glad that we've moved away from that little pixelated Sprite we normally get and it looks like they'll be taking what they did with Castelia to a whole new level. Also appreciating the more Battle Revolution-esque style of graphics. Thinking this could be a real landmark.
    Agreed. Thank God I got a 3DS for my birthday 4 months ago xD

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    You guys know that the 3DS has a Circle Pad and a D-Pad, right?

There's no reason you can't use the Circle Pad for movement and the D-Pad for camera.
    Wouldn't the other way around make more sense? There's not much point in using the Circle Pad for movement if you're still stuck on a grid, but if the camera can be freely controlled, it might be better to map it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Wouldn't the other way around make more sense? There's not much point in using the Circle Pad for movement if you're still stuck on a grid, but if the camera can be freely controlled, it might be better to map it there.
    I was thinking more in terms of how I don't want my thumb to hurt after constantly holding down the lower input.

I knew it was only a matter of time until the battles looked like those of Dragon Quest IX...
    The next thing they're going to do is ditch the random encounters...
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Still waiting to get ORAS……

To everyone talking about how some of the graphics are a little blurry or whatever, just remember the graphics will even and to high quality when you put it in 3D mode.

Quote Originally Posted by the_very_best View Post
    To everyone talking about how some of the graphics are a little blurry or whatever, just remember the graphics will even and to high quality when you put it in 3D mode.
    I remember when I first saw the back sprites in Black/White. I thought it was blurry, but I got used to it. I guess it'll happen this time again.

One feature I have always wanted since I started playing Pokemon was to be able to use the L and R buttons to rotate the screen I kinda hope something like that is in this game

To be honest, I've always like the flat battles and never like the 3D games like PokePark. It's kind of one of those things that just shouldn't be messed with in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sagittar View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time until the battles looked like those of Dragon Quest IX...
    That is exactly the same thing that I thought... and I don't even play Dragon Quest.

I am glad it changed though, it couldn't have kept going the same way forever.

I think the main male protag looks like Hilbert with Darker Clothing + wierd hat and the BW2 bag.

Personally though I loved the look of it...and I've been playing since gen 2.

Pretty much every other game had moved out of using sprites and Game Freak wouldn't want to be left behind.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I remember when I first saw the back sprites in Black/White. I thought it was blurry, but I got used to it. I guess it'll happen this time again.
    Well you might not have to. Every 3DS game trailer says that the video is footage of a 3D game being viewed on a 2D format but this trailer didn't say that, so I'll bet that the graphics are being worked on and will look much better when the game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    Well you might not have to. Every 3DS game trailer says that the video is footage of a 3D game being viewed on a 2D format but this trailer didn't say that, so I'll bet that the graphics are being worked on and will look much better when the game comes out.
    I think that as well. THe grpahics looked more like a Tech Demo as of anything. Since I'm sure this is still part of graphics dicussion, what if he had the option to switch between 3D and SD (Sprite Definition)?

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by RedTroopa View Post
    Yea, but I was like that when BW came out. Now looking at it again, I don't get that feeling anymore.

I'm gonna miss the sprited world of Pokemon.

Page 6 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast