Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

What if they will incorporate the external D-pad. I hope we don't have to view in only one direction. I would love it if i can rotate my perspective while i walk around.

This looks very good. Though, I'd prefer the overhead view that we have instead of that close-to-the-ground-view that was shown. But, you never know. I'll be sad to see the sprites go but, I like this. The battle look a lot like pokemon stadium. I always thought that a combination of Stadium and the handheld games would be great. This is practically a dream come true.
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

I am going to get the devil it's due. I am really liking the graphics in this game. It's looks promising.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I love how the pokemon move in battle and the faces they make like when they get hit by an attack.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I remember when I first saw the back sprites in Black/White. I thought it was blurry, but I got used to it. I guess it'll happen this time again.
    Don't worry, the graphics will look much better on your 3DS. I learned this when I played KI:U. KI:U doesn't look that graphical pleasing on the internet, but when I put it in I found out it was one of the best looking nintendo handheld title out there.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The graphics for these games look promising. I will say, though, I'm going to miss the sprite-based style of graphics from generations I through V. It's grown on me in a way.
    But I enjoyed the graphics style of Dragon Quest IX, and X and Y's graphics seem to be pretty similar.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

I like the graphical style it kinda reminded me of Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon with a bit of Bomberman Generations thrown in. Cute and cartoony. I must say I will miss the 2D sprites but I'm ready for a fully 3D adventure!
    Grass Pokemon 4ever

So is no one paying attention that we might be able to switch between 3D and SD? I know they made some 2D games for the 3DS...

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

I'm not sure how I feel about the new overworld look. It's quite a heavy change compared to the two gens and even the moderate changes in 5th gen I was iffy about (though it was pretty shitty in some places anyway).
    The new battles though, they look better than ever.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

So it looks like we have finally caught up to the way battles were portrayed in the console Pokemon games. I'll wait to completely pass judgment when we get more information and screens, but I personally have never really been a fan of the way that the battles were portrayed in that way.

More interestingly, I think it would be inventive if you changed from 3D to 2D that it would revert back to the now "old school" style of battling. I think that would take a lot more effort than it would be worth, I am sure of that. Nintendo has completely revolutionized the Pokemon world as we know it with this new game though.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

It's definitely an interesting concept and the natural progression considering how things moved more and more from 2D as the generations went on. Should be interesting to see how the final product turns out though I'll have to get myself a 3DS now.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I love the fact that they used a semi-cel-shaded style for the 3D models rather than those in Pokedex 3D Pro. It somehow retains the "cartoon" style that the sprites had.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I love the fact that they used a semi-cel-shaded style for the 3D models rather than those in Pokedex 3D Pro. It somehow retains the "cartoon" style that the sprites had.
    Exactly my thoughts on that. I was kind of scared of pokemon being less cartoony if the graphics when 3D, but now that they're doing it, I just can't get enough.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

same and it keeps the feeling they wanted when they used sprites. so I am happy about that

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Honestly, I kind of wanted to see sprites, but I can always just play the older games. I like the new 3D style. It's cute and reminds me a bit of Colosseum/XD.

The way it looks is when you run through the grass you really do run into random pokemon.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Will they still keep double, triple, rotational, battles? I didn't see any footage on them.

We might still be seeing sprites in the Pokedex... or not.
    Maybe we are not given one in the game; we would have to buy a Pokedex 3D Pro from the eshop. Hey, because it is a 3ds game, we can pause in the middle of a battle and look up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Melancholy View Post
    Honestly, I kind of wanted to see sprites, but I can always just play the older games. I like the new 3D style. It's cute and reminds me a bit of Colosseum/XD.
    We might still be seeing sprites in the Pokedex... or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Elliot View Post
    The way it looks is when you run through the grass you really do run into random pokemon.
    Yeah. I like that too. They don't instantly show what Pokemon is hiding behind the grass.
    I can see water Pokemon jumping out of the water when you encounter them.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Will they still keep double, triple, rotational, battles? I didn't see any footage on them.
    They probably will. They can't just show everything all at once.

This I think is way cool! Can you imagine actually rummidging through grass and finding a shiny pokemon!
    I think what Gamefreak/Nintendo wanted was to make the pokemon world even more emersive and give a realistic view point of what it actually be like in real life. i.e. finding a pokemon behind a patch of grass!

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

In my opinion it has kind of a Pokemon Colosseum feel, especially in the battling factor. I like it to an extent. I love the battling and how it feels like Colosseum, and I love that they're sticking with a grid based movement system, but I don't like the overworld graphics, like with the characters running/walking and you being pretty much directly behind them. It's cool, but I'm not sure how I feel about the overworld.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

I felt the same way upon viewing the trailer.

I finally have a reason to pick up a 3ds now.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Maybe we are not given one in the game; we would have to buy a Pokedex 3D Pro from the eshop. Hey, because it is a 3ds game, we can pause in the middle of a battle and look up.
    I'm sure there will be an in-game Pokedex, but not as comprehensive as the Pokedex3D.
    Besides, when you switch from a 3DS to a 3DS App or vice versa, you need to close the game. So no. You can't just switch that easily. You will be resetting every time.

When I saw that in the trailer, I just took that scene where you find a wild pikachu to be the cutscene for stumbling upon a wild pokemon - similar to the screen flashing that occurs in earlier generations when you find a pokemon.

I somewhat doubt that, whenever you walk in tall grass, all you can see is grass moving past you on the screen. I mean, how would you ever know if you were heading in the right direction? We'll probably instead still retain that angled overhead shot seen elsewhere in the trailer.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

I'm sure there will be an in-game Pokedex, but not as comprehensive as the Pokedex3D.
    Besides, when you switch from a 3DS to a 3DS App or vice versa, you need to close the game. So no. You can't just switch that easily. You will be resetting every time.
    It's a 3DS game, not a DS game. You can suspend 3DS games while you can surf the web write in your "Notes". However, you can't have two apps on. So, good point. I kinda wish we can open the Pokedex 3d Pro to look up Base stats and moves they can learn.
    Last edited by confuser987; 9th January 2013 at 3:01 AM.

I am not going to miss the sprites tbh. I'm happy Pokemon is evolving from that.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Page 7 of 127 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast