Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

I'm not really a fan of the art design yet, for two main reasons:

1. I doubt I'll be able to take the enemies seriously if they're chibi.

2. It honestly looks like someone took Black and White and tried to force it into being 3D. Nothing looks natural to me, all of the rock structures and trees and stuff look like they're from templates, and the grass looks strangely flat.

I'm sure it will grow on me eventually, but the art style just really bugs me right now.
    [IMG]http://www.gamese****ch.com/090703-hiimdaisy.jpg[/IMG]

I hope that X and Y's battle animations are almost directly ripped from Pokemon Stadium 2. I loved the announcer (doubt he is coming back), the way that battles rotated but most of all, I loved how there was still half of an animation if the move missed. Here's to miss animations!

Black FC: 0433-2525-5010
    Black 2 FC: 5201 0405 6565

Quote Originally Posted by AK Adam View Post
    I hope that X and Y's battle animations are almost directly ripped from Pokemon Stadium 2. I loved the announcer (doubt he is coming back), the way that battles rotated but most of all, I loved how there was still half of an animation if the move missed. Here's to miss animations!
    Considering Gamefreak didn't make Stadium 2, I don't think they can just rip the animations from it.
    No sig. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by crystalzapdos View Post
    Considering Gamefreak didn't make Stadium 2, I don't think they can just rip the animations from it.
    They don't have the rights to them?

I mean, it's their I.P., and it was published on a Nintendo console.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    We might still be seeing sprites in the Pokedex... or not.
    They can just put the 3d cellshading models in the dex and let us turn them around like the Pokedex 3D dex.

I hope the main battle screen retains its classic look. And I hope battles are as fast as they were in BW2.

I love the battle style, I really want to see Sceptile using a leafblade!,
    Froakie charge an attack to Patrat, that looked so amazing, now I hope if Pokemon faint they
    won't sink trough the ground anymore but really faint like in the stadium games!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    I hope the main battle screen retains its classic look. And I hope battles are as fast as they were in BW2.
    The animations for most of the attacks looked pretty cool. Even some of the more complicated moves seemed to go by quick.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Based on the trailer, I think that the battle scenes look really awesome, and seem way more like an actual battle between creatures instead of just two pictures that send random graphics between each other. However, because these battles seem to focus so much on showing the attacks and making a big scene out of them, that may slow down the battles, and I hope that they didn't sacrifice speed for visuals.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    It's a 3DS game, not a DS game. You can suspend 3DS games while you can surf the web write in your "Notes". However, you can't have two apps on. So, good point. I kinda wish we can open the Pokedex 3d Pro to look up Base stats and moves they can learn.
    I'd rather they just make the in game Pokedex like Pokedex 3D's. It'd be a lot more convenient that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I'd rather they just make the in game Pokedex like Pokedex 3D's. It'd be a lot more convenient that way.
    I have that in mind too, but a separate app like Pokedex3D Pro would bring a bit more money.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I'm actually excited for the 3D battling. That has what has made the Pokemon Stadium games, the Gabecube games, and Battle Revolution fun. A dimension of realism makes the battles fun. It looks even better now, so I'm geeked to see more about battles.
    Let's face it: ferret-esque Pokemon are the most epic Pokemon ever (to me)!!!!!! Why can't Nintendo make ones that AREN'T NU Pokemon?!? One of these guys in standard would make me quite happy.

Started by jesusfreak94:
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9186-8386 Pokemon Found: Mienfoo, Throw, Breloom

It's official, **** just got real. Damn you Nintendoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think this is what people expected Black/White and their sequels to look like am I right? These graphics look amazing!

Does anyone think that they'll end up linking Pokemon Dram Radar with X and Y? All it takes is an update..
    3DS Friend Code: 4210-4695-6300
    PM me if you want to exchange FCs!

I WANT FENNEKIN NOW! QAQ

Ehhhh judging from the trailer, I just can't seem to warm up to it just yet. I'm not comfortable with a straight-on view and prefer the up-in-the-sky camera angle. It's harder to see what's behind a wall now. Your viewing area is also shortened, but I hope there's options to change camera angles like in Super Mario 64. Battles also seem to take a longer time with the animations, but let's see how that turns out.

Still much prefer sprites than full 3D models.

I would love to see how Triple Battles and Rotation Battles would look like in these games!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoJunkie View Post
    Does anyone think that they'll end up linking Pokemon Dram Radar with X and Y? All it takes is an update..
    It's entirely possible. Although it will not have any Gen 6 Pokemon in them just to keep compatibility with Black and White 2. Or have 2 different modes or something. I dunno. I guess anything's possible.
    BAN TALONFLAME TO UBERS!

the transition has started, the first real 3D game... now all thats left its for the actual gameplay to evolve into an action rpg and im back in the game...

But you need to remember that some Pokemon won't have the same abilities, and dream world abilities will/might change because of the crossover between games.
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

I honestly hope that they dont give up the overhead view. If they remake rs its a crime if they do it like this!

Shinies:

I am the boss

Quote Originally Posted by asdfy123 View Post
    I honestly hope that they dont give up the overhead view. If they remake rs its a crime if they do it like this!
    How so? The graphics look incredible. What is so important about the overhead view? It almost feels more real from this view.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I have that in mind too, but a separate app like Pokedex3D Pro would bring a bit more money.
    Well 3D Pro itself is obsolete now, so they can't use that. I'm not sure it'd be worth it to do another one, frankly, unless they can make it cheap. I highly doubt many people will want to pay $15 for "OHEMGEE 3D POGEYMAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when we now have that in the main games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but is anyone else afraid that there won't be backwards compatibility between gen 5 and 6?
    PM or VM me for more trade info

Quote Originally Posted by Ansem1013 View Post
    I don't know if it's been mentioned, but is anyone else afraid that there won't be backwards compatibility between gen 5 and 6?
    noo, i think there will be backward compatibiltiy. Iwata stressed to much on trading in the direct, i feel.

Page 8 of 127 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast