Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: New Gameplay Graphics Thread

That would be a more appropriate question to ask in the gameplay thread.

But in any case, I'm not worried about that at all. I'm honestly hoping there isn't backwards compatibility, so we can have a fresh start with no hacked Pokemon or RNGing (At least until the 3DS inevitably gets cracked...).

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    noo, i think there will be backward compatibiltiy. Iwata stressed to much on trading in the direct, i feel.
    Agreed.

I just hope it involves a 3DS app made for those of us with single systems to transfer our DS pokemon [all at once] to our 3DS X/Y games. It's a very tedious and archaic process otherwise...

Now that I let the 3D over world graphics sink in, I can't help but feel giddy when it will be time to actually travel in this new look. I'm quite excited, to be completely honest. XD

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Now that I let the 3D over world graphics sink in, I can't help but feel giddy when it will be time to actually travel in this new look. I'm quite excited, to be completely honest. XD
    I still havent got over the shock when i saw full 3d in the trailer.

Not exactly a graphics concern, but does anyone else think this might be the generation we finally get fully voice acted Pokemon, rather than bit tone chirps?
    I'm used to the chirps and everything, but even from Pokemon Stadium, having 3D Pokemon models with those chirps felt weird. And now with the much higher quality 3D models in X & Y, I think it'd feel even weirder.

White FC: 0389 7992 5329 Trainer Name: Tudor

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselClaw View Post
    Not exactly a graphics concern, but does anyone else think this might be the generation we finally get fully voice acted Pokemon, rather than bit tone chirps?
    I'm used to the chirps and everything, but even from Pokemon Stadium, having 3D Pokemon models with those chirps felt weird. And now with the much higher quality 3D models in X & Y, I think it'd feel even weirder.
    In my opinion both Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Stadium 2 had realistic cries. But I do agree that having bit cries in these games would feel odd.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

Now that I think about it, the same cries have been used for almost 20 years (aside from some games like Pokepark Wii) since Pokemon Red and Green/Blue. With a completely new 3D engine, I think it would make sense to have new sounds. Also, this was posted hours ago and hopefully I'm not late to post it: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...cussion-Thread

Gamefreak really wants to make this one of their best games yet.

Hmm because of the pokémon using the moves in their own way there won't be any move hacking, I think the game will actually freeze.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

I really hope so

You mean, the Pokémon would go "Bulba! Bulbasaur!" instead of "Booorwrhh"? I'd love that, as long as the new Pokémon gets good voices~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Agreed.

I just hope it involves a 3DS app made for those of us with single systems to transfer our DS pokemon [all at once] to our 3DS X/Y games. It's a very tedious and archaic process otherwise...
    That's the only way, DS and 3DS cartridge's codes are pretty different, the only way is to make an app.

This happened before with Love plus, To send your save data from the DS game to the 3DS one, The developer had to make an app.

I hope the app is actually Pokébox, storing Pokemon from all gens.

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    You mean, the Pokémon would go "Bulba! Bulbasaur!" instead of "Booorwrhh"? I'd love that, as long as the new Pokémon gets good voices~
    LOL i dont want Pikachu to get it's original pika cry from yellow. THAT was horrible !

Well, as long as it doesn't kill GF's wallet to re-hire all the English VAs that voiced Pokemon...

Oh wait, they're super rich. It's not impossible.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer them redoing the old cries with updated sounds more than voice acting.

My opinion: Updated cries resembling the current sounds, but taking advantage of the superior audio capabilities of the 3DS would be appreciated.
    As for saying their names, NO. No where in the games (with the exception of yellow) does a monster say its own name (with a few very minor, but understandable exceptions: You can make a Chatot kind of say its name, and Mewtwo says 'Mew' before the fight in Red/Blue, but 'mew' is just the sound a cat makes anyways).
    Its a rather silly mechanic introduced in the Anime that I would prefer to keep out of the main series of games.
    Regigigas will rule the world! after he finishes his 5 million year nap...

Quote Originally Posted by Nukada View Post
    My opinion: Updated cries resembling the current sounds, but taking advantage of the superior audio capabilities of the 3DS would be appreciated.
    As for saying their names, NO. No where in the games (with the exception of yellow) does a monster say its own name (with a few very minor, but understandable exceptions: You can make a Chatot kind of say its name, and Mewtwo says 'Mew' before the fight in Red/Blue, but 'mew' is just the sound a cat makes anyways).
    Its a rather silly mechanic introduced in the Anime that I would prefer to keep out of the main series of games.
    I will go with you. It fits the anime not the games. I mean it makes them to cute and stuff. The present cries are enough, just upgrade to better sound quality.

Agreed. Updated cries would be much better.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

It's going to take some time for me to get used to the 3D graphics and i'm sure i'll miss how teh DS games looked but I think overtime i'll enjoy 3D but it will be weird going back and playing older gens after expericening 3D.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    That would be a more appropriate question to ask in the gameplay thread.

But in any case, I'm not worried about that at all. I'm honestly hoping there isn't backwards compatibility, so we can have a fresh start with no hacked Pokemon or RNGing (At least until the 3DS inevitably gets cracked...).
    Honestly, if that's your main concern then I would oppose it.. I've spent ages to finally complete my freaking White National Pokedex (though I still need Meloetta, after I got Keldeo and Genesect).. I'm not going through the same process from the start in GenVI when backwards compatibility is PERFECTLY viable. You can transfer your Diamond team from a DS to a White gamecard in a 3DS, so why not from a White Team from a DS, OR 3DS, to a Y-gamecard on a 3DS? Poketransfer should stay.

I don't give a crap about RNG'ed pokemon, and I don't even notice hacks half of the time.. Well, aside from a shiny Blastoise that was caught at level 70/80 something at MtSilver, but that was too obvious.. -.- The only thing that's really annoying is the GTS being cramped with requests for 'Level 9 and under Zekrom/Reshiram/etc' That's what really annoys the heck out of me!

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I still havent got over the shock when i saw full 3d in the trailer.
    It's still ugly as crap.. So I'm not surprised.. Look at the shot with the protagonist rollerskating, it's as if it is copy/pasted onto the background! Look at the Route3 shot, it's as if the background is flat.. As if it is a box world!

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I'd hate it so much.. Just think of Hydreigon mispronouncing his own name the entire freaking time! "Dray! Dray! Dray!!!" Can't help but feel that it would ruin the game for me.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

You know, something just occurred to me. Now that we have a fully-legitimate 3D overworld, we probably won't have to deal with the severe overworld downscaling that was present in Gen V (i.e. things like that cargo truck on the Mistralton runway during the credits of BW2 that basically looked like a toy next to Skyla even though it was supposed to be life-sized).

Such a notion is very appealing to me.

I agree. I'd much rather that they just update the cries. I absolutely DO NOT want the "pi-pika-pi" jibbery-joo.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Haha, Locromos, I'm glad someone agrees with me in that the 3D is really not so awesome as everyone claims. It's not like it's BREAKTHROUGH TECHNOLOGY! Come on people, we've had 3D in gaming for AGES, it was about time Pokemon did the same. Using the grid-based movement is also a let-down, I mean not even diagonal movement? That's just sad, what is it so hard to move diagonally? How hard is it to program that? Oh wait, it isn't, it's just gamefreak being so afraid of change like always.

This is my humble opinion, everyone is entitled to their own, remember that.

I agree with possibly updating the cries. Not them all, but many appear just to be random sounds, especially in the earlier generations. In terms of graphics - Pokémon has never really been about the clean-cut graphics and amazing looking, but it's good to see that GameFreak are kind of slowly progressing.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    I also am curious as how they're going to handle shiny pokemon this generation. It will be really interesting, same thing goes for the party pokemon and bag pages. Almost everything we have known about Pokemon will probably be changed or updated this time around.
    Well, I know of a few ways that I can be done, without using a nearly identical Model.

First, just alter the Pallet. Similar Method to how are done in the 2d games. Basicly you tell it colour the red patches in to green, etc. I use this on some of Kat's Tshirts, but not BW2 Tshirt.

Second, Tweek the "base" colour. This is done in PBR already, does had a nasty habit of making some Shinies the wrong colour. I used this Kat's hair.

Finally, give the model an alternate "Skin," The textures are basicly are for shiny and Non-shiny. I use this on Kats. the BW2 Tshirt

Quote Originally Posted by AK Adam View Post
    I hope that X and Y's battle animations are almost directly ripped from Pokemon Stadium 2. I loved the announcer (doubt he is coming back), the way that battles rotated but most of all, I loved how there was still half of an animation if the move missed. Here's to miss animations!
    It Ted Lewis, and we know he still plays Pokémon Characters and could easily be contacted again. He was the voice actor for Tracey, and the current Voice actor Geovanni. PBRs VA is the Narrator for the English Anime. The UK is two weeks ahead of the US in Anime.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Why did the trailer say "Does not represent actual game footage" when Yveltal was shown? Wasn't that a cutscene from the game? D:
    Join us, as ICC World Cup 2011 kicks off in Bangladesh on the 17th February, 2011 through the magnificent opening ceremony! We await your arrival. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    Why did the trailer say "Does not represent actual game footage" when Yveltal was shown? Wasn't that a cutscene from the game? D:
    I think it was just to show off the pokémon. If the cutscenes were like that, it would be awesome.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Page 9 of 127 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast