Page 49 of 408 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

I Just Want An Evil Rival Again Like Gold And Silver. Not Some Best Friend Like We Had Since Gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgjordan View Post
    I Just Want An Evil Rival Again Like Gold And Silver. Not Some Best Friend Like We Had Since Gen 3.
    Yeah, a rival who will give you the cold shoulder most times. I want a really bitter rival.

Let's have another team Rocket revival.

People were saying several pages ago that they wanted to see an attractive evil team leader. I propose that Giovanni not only had a son, Silver, but also a daughter, who wants to carry on her daddy's legacy. She can befriend the player early in the game, but later on it is revealed that she's been behind a series of terrorist acts with New Team Rocket or whatever.
    She'll initially befriend you because she notices your strength, and at certain points she'll try to make you see things "her way", and perhaps attempt to get you to join her.
    You might even unwittingly get caught up in a NTR scheme with her.

Give her some cute and pretty but simultaneously Dark-type or somewhat sinister Pokemon as her team.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Silver wasn't evil, he was just a douche, exactly like Blue, except Silver was an interesting character.
    And rivals =/= enemies, I see no reasons for making them "evil". That said, I am bit tired of the exaggeratedly friendly rivals like Barry and Bianca as well.

(Cheren and Hugh weren't thaaat friendly).

Can't the rival be the Evil team's boss? or a Gym leader? an E4 member? it was nice that Blue made it to the champion in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Silver wasn't evil, he was just a douche, exactly like Blue, except Silver was an interesting character.
    And rivals =/= enemies, I see no reasons for making them "evil". That said, I am bit tired of the exaggeratedly friendly rivals like Barry and Bianca as well.

(Cheren and Hugh weren't thaaat friendly).
    I agree with you. I want another riva exactly like Blue or Silver. I little bit arrogant and great rivals. Bianca and Barry were more "I try even if it does nothing" rivals. That's not very funny...
    And Cheren and Hugh, like you said, were friendly, but with a touch of meanness. I think Hugh was really going on his journey for his sister, not very taking care of the player, and Cheren, I think, was a little bit jealous when the player came through the Elite Four. But they are good friends, after all. There is like 3 levels of rivals.

Too much gentle rivals (rivals that are very friendly, without enough fighting spirit, but very enjoyable).
    - May/Brendan
    - Barry
    - Bianca

The "good" rivals, that could be a touch more better (with a great fighting spirit).
    - Wally
    - Cheren
    - Hugh

The perfect rivals, that were sometimes mean and really wants to show off their skills (with a great fighting spirit, that really want to beat you for, sometimes, glory).
    - Blue
    - Silver
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 20th January 2013 at 3:24 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Honestly, never saw Brendan/May/Bianca as the true rival. They were just kind of there.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    I agree with you. I want another riva exactly like Blue or Silver. I little bit arrogant and great rivals. Bianca and Barry were more "I try even if it does nothing" rivals. That's not very funny...
    And Cheren and Hugh, like you said, were friendly, but with a touch of meanness. I think Hugh was really going on his journey for his sister, not very taking care of the player, and Cheren, I think, was a little bit jealous when the player came through the Elite Four. But they are good friends, after all. There is like 3 levels of rivals.

Too much gentle rivals (rivals that are very friendly, without enough fighting spirit, but very enjoyable).
    - May/Brendan
    - Barry
    - Bianca

The "good" rivals, that could be a touch more better (with a great fighting spirit).
    - Wally
    - Cheren
    - Hugh

The perfect rivals, that were sometimes mean and really wants to show off their skills (with a great fighting spirit, that really want to beat you for, sometimes, glory).
    - Blue
    - Silver
    I don't really agree about Blue being a perfect rival. He is exactly the opposite. Blue was an arrogant jerk, but couldn't make for his words. Silver was basically the same, only a bit meaner, the major difference was that he had a backstory and reasons to "justify" his behavior. In the end, I don't think there were a perfect rival in Pokémon, but I think Silver and Hugh were the best ones we had.

If I had to rank the rivals, it would be:

- Silver: Yeah, like I said, he was a jerk, but this aspect of him kept me motivated to beat his lame team. Also, he had backstory and that is a plus.

- Hugh: The fact he didn't really care about the league and was on a journey in order to save the Liepard was very cool.
    His personality, although a bit too "noisy" to my tastes, was refreshing after a lot of exaggeratedly friendly rivals (Again, except Cheren).

- Bianca: Yes, Bianca. First, I think she wouldn't work as sole rival, but as a second rival she was perfect.
    She was basically Brendan/May done right. I love the fact she was technically stronger than Cheren and yet, she decided to not face the E4.

- Cheren: I know people dislike him, but come on, he is basically the rival with more character development. He was kinda of a douche obsessed with power in the beggining of BW, but ended up realizing that his ideals were wrong and becoming the first Gym Leader in B2W2, using Normal Pokémon. He became the incarnation of the "back to basics" phrase. I don't rank him higher because like Blue, he had no apparent reason to act like a moron sometimes.

- Blue: Well, he irritated me every time he spoke, but I admit he wasn't the worst rival we had, though he is one of my least favorites. Btw, "smell ya later" my butt.

The others were lame. I loved DPPt, but Barry wasn't interesting and his battle theme was LAME. RSE didn't have such horrible rivals that I like to think that there weren't rivals in those games.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is: I'd love a non-friendly rival, but not one like Blue. :/
    He or she (preferably she) may be a jerk, but please Game Freak, give him/her a backstory (and a decent team. I am looking at you, Hugh! and decent battle theme.)
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 20th January 2013 at 3:47 PM.

I hope we see N again in an epic form. This might make him as iconic character like Red. N has lot more potential for character development, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I hope we see N again in an epic form. This might make him as iconic character like Red. N has lot more potential for character development, IMO.
    I'd like to see N appearing again, but I'd LOVE to see Colress in X/Y. I love the character, his theme and his team.

Anyway, talking about the devil (Red), I never understood why Red is considered iconic...
    I mean, every other protagonist did more than him, his team isn't that great and he was defeated by the rookie trainer Lyra/Ethan.

Yeah, he was the first main character, but still.

I'd like to see N appearing again, but I'd LOVE to see Colress in X/Y. I love the character, his theme and his team.

Anyway, talking about the devil (Red), I never understood why Red is considered iconic...
    I mean, every other protagonist did more than him, his team isn't that great and he was defeated by the rookie trainer Lyra/Ethan.

Even I would love to see more of Colress ( look at my avatar ).
    Not only was Red the first protag, but, he was portrayed in a very epic manner in gen 2. I mean, it doesn't get more epic than training in Mt. Silver ! Oh and that theme was epic too. He is the only protag to be portrayed as such.
    I hope that N or Colress ( both actually ) make a return as part of the main story line. Otherwise it's kinda pointless.

It would also be interesting if the rival was related with one of the "bad guy" teams, but since that's already happened some people might not like it.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I hope in Gen 6 they reveal how Alder jumps off all those cliffs and still can walk :P

Not only was Red the first protag, but, he was portrayed in a very epic manner in gen 2. I mean, it doesn't get more epic than training in Mt. Silver ! Oh and that theme was epic too. He is the only protag to be portrayed as such.
    Well, the theme was firstly used in Lance's battle, so I don't think it should be called "Red's theme". And training alone in a mountain isn't my idea of epicness, but I guess to each their own.

I hope that N or Colress ( both actually ) make a return as part of the main story line. Otherwise it's kinda pointless.
    I agree. I don't like when a old character pops out of nowhere having no relation to the plot, just to please some of their fans.

I hope the cahmpion is the player's mother. I even have an ideal roster for her.

Maud: Electric/Steel cyborg dingo, Dragon komodo dragon, Granbull, Seismitoad, Fire/Dark fernance, Fighting warrior in a karate outfit
    Confirmed Generation VI:

Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Xerneas, Yveltal, Sylveon, Pancham, Fletchling, Helioptile, Gogoat, Noivern, Vivillon, Talonflame, Skrelp, Clauncher, Spewpa, Scatterbug, Litleo, Flabébé, Honedge, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Spritzee, Swirlix, Skiddo, Bunnelby, Dedenne, Furfrou, Quilladin, Braixen, Frogadier, Tyrunt, Amaura, Meowstic, Pyroar, Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Doublade

Quote Originally Posted by Chomper4 View Post
    I hope the cahmpion is the player's mother. I even have an ideal roster for her.

Maud: Electric/Steel cyborg dingo, Dragon komodo dragon, Granbull, Seismitoad, Fire/Dark fernance, Fighting warrior in a karate outfit
    Ha Ha that would be nice. It would atleast give her a better place to sleepn than the kitchen :P

Well, the theme was firstly used in Lance's battle, so I don't think it should be called "Red's theme". And training alone in a mountain isn't my idea of epicness, but I guess to each their own.
    I ( and I think many more ) associate that theme with Red more than Lance. And it did feel very epic to climb up Mt Silver and find your previous self there. Didn't you feel it. Maybe it's just me.

Honestly, I think that Colress would be a pretty awesome pokemon professor. But I think that the champion of this game should be your father, or maybe even Red's Father!!! Just imagine how awesome it would be to go against the person who fathered one of the GREATEST trainers of all time.
    I believe in Fairys Do you?

N and Colress need a comeback they are such great characters imo.

I agree. I don't like when a old character pops out of nowhere having no relation to the plot, just to please some of their fans.
    I'm pretty sure I've said this countless times, but what if this is the region that N was spotted in after the game in B&W? It would be pretty cool.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind having a jerkish rival again. Just give them a viable reason to become stronger. I mean Silver kind of has a reason, but Blue really had no reason to dislike the protagonist and try to become stronger.
    Last edited by diakyu; 20th January 2013 at 4:51 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I ( and I think many more ) associate that theme with Red more than Lance. And it did feel very epic to climb up Mt Silver and find your previous self there. Didn't you feel it. Maybe it's just me.
    Battling him was cool, I can't deny, but there were a lot of more "epic" boss battles in the franchise. Like battling Colress in the Plasma Frigate or battling N and Ghetsis in BW... or even battling Blue as the champion in the original games, I guess no one saw that coming. Perhaps I am more fond of battling characters that at least have a personality or role in the games. Red... was just there in Mt Silver, doing nothing, he doesn't even speak. He isn't a "real" character, only an avatar... like every other protagonists actually...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've saidd this countless times, but what if this is the region that N was spotted in after the game in B&W? It would be pretty cool.
    It definitely would. Perhaps the plot of the generation VI games will pass in the two years between BW and B2W2, with N being present in the new region?

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Blue really had no reason to dislike the protagonist and try to become stronger.
    YES! Exactly!

Personally i would love to see N return as the Champion of the main game..

I didn't care for N. Bring back Cynthia! "N" isn't even a real name!

I would also love to battle other protagonists besides Red, especially May. May was the greatest protagonist ever.

If they were to do something like the PWT then most fans would be happy with it right? But, I don't know if they'd include past rivals, even though I really want to see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    I would also love to battle other protagonists besides Red, especially May. May was the greatest protagonist ever.
    Yeah! Because battling avatars that don't even talk is the coolest thing GF could possibly do.
    I'd rather have old rivals coming back, because you know, they are characters. It would be cool to see Silver, Barry, Hugh and even Wally again.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    If they were to do something like the PWT then most fans would be happy with it right?
    Yep, most fans (the ones who don't care about plot and story) would.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoes View Post
    I didn't care for N. Bring back Cynthia! "N" isn't even a real name!

N's name is just to show how little ghetsis actually cares for him as well referencing a few other things that I can't remember. And Cynthia never left: she's had at least a cameo appearance in every main series pokemon game since DP. Enough for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 49 of 408 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast