Page 147 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

The characters do look a bit older than usual in this game, probably closer to Hilbert/Hilda's age.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    The characters do look a bit older than usual in this game, probably closer to Hilbert/Hilda's age.
    Well, I think it's just clothing for the male that makes him look more mature. The skimpiness of Hilda made her look more of an independent teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Evil team could use it to show that they harm the environment or something! (If that is ever a theme/goal)
    From the dex thread, I think it would be appropriate to incorporate a team whose goal is anti-environmentalism. Aqua and Magma reprsented radical changes in the environment whilst still caring about the environment.
    However, a team harming the environment just guarantees all of the grunts will use Poison types only.

Wulava mentioned Cyber-terrorism for the evil teams goal, and I liked it since maybe all of the grunts would be more likely to use Electric and Steel types along with the standard Normal, Dark, Poison typed Pokemon.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Ethan and Brandon look the youngest to me in terms of age. The trainers from BW/2 look around their early teens. Red from FR/LG looks the oldest imo. Must be that stern face of his.

Speaking of, I wonder if we'll get Pokemon World Tournament again. I would be a nice way to see all the past gym leaders and such in a 3D model. I'm sure the 3DS cartridge has more then enough space.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Speaking of, I wonder if we'll get Pokemon World Tournament again. I would be a nice way to see all the past gym leaders and such in a 3D model. I'm sure the 3DS cartridge has more then enough space.
    I'm sure they could, but that seems better fit for a sequel/remake. Not saying they shouldn't try to do something like it though. I'm personally tired of being stuck with a Battle Tower (or equivalent) at the start of each new generation. I'd like something like the Frontier again, (and now to be relevant) but I'd like to see leaders and such from the Frontier-like area to have a notable purpose outside of being a trainer that you battle for a symbol.

If the location of such place were to be somewhere you go during the game (as with Unova's facilities), I'd like to see if they could better incorporate it into the plot. Not like a simple battle as with the the Subway Masters or the PWT, but maybe an event or sequence in an area like Emerald's Frontier grounds. Perhaps something involving the villainous team or something, that way there is a reason for the leaders of the "Frontier" to contribute to the plot. Personally, I always thought it odd that trainers that rival or even surpass Gym Leaders and Elite 4 never actually do anything plot-wise, so I'd like to see a change if an area like that is implemented.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Has anyone noticed the new characters are a lot taller?
    Here is a comparison of Pokémon X/Y's male trainer and the male trainers from Pokémon Black & White and its sequel.
    Attachment 9300

Does this mean they are older even older than the PCs in Black and White? Oh boy! Am I glad that the characters are getting older after each generations!
    Plus, the male character's name is most likely be Xavier derived from "X" and the female Yvonne from "Y".
    He does look older, I wonder if they're trying to move on to an wider audience?
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~

I would like it if the grunts were actually hard to beat ( atleast harder then they've been, garbador i could beat it in one attack it gets weaker every hit and with lucarios bone rush i killed it in one move and it's always the same gernic pokemon for each grunt change it up)
    Fire red team
    Emerald team
    Platinum team
    HG team
    Black 2 team
    Pokemon X Team

3DS FC: 3153-4454-8518

pokedex: complete -

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    He does look older, I wonder if they're trying to move on to an wider audience?

Meh, I just think they are changing up the style again.. they certainly have done a lot of different ones.
    Anyway, sprites have been getting larger throughout the games, without the characters clearly getting older, so I doubt that these will be that much older (if at all) than previous protags..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Come to think of it, The character models could also be larger since the 3DS' graphics can handle that equal about the same as the GameCube while the previous handheld systems had limited graphics. The 3DS also has the abiltiy for 3D graphics also while the GameBoy systems were limited to the 2D graphics hence why Pokemon where limited to no more than 3 framed animations during then. The DS came close with this before last gen since the fact that the DS back here more recently had everything worked out since the 4th Generation was released early during the DS' life while the 5th gen was released later on in the DS' life.

Besides, I kinda wonder what kinda of costumes that can be obtained in the game. I wouldn't mind if we had the Villianous Teams costumes so that we could do something similar in nature to what was done in HGSS where you had to dress up like a Rocket Grunt to enter the Goldenrod Radio Tower when Team Rocket took over the place.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

I hope that the mansion is our Mother/Father's, who is actually the secret head of whatever evil team we face in Kalos. We could be tricked into helping them a couple times, even catching a legendary for them. I mean we've had N and Silver as rivals with ties to the enemy team, how about our turn. Plus it was widely speculated that Ash/Red was Giovanni's son until HGSS.

I don't think they're going to go all crazy with customs this time around, I expect maybe a good 10 at most. I wonder if they'll do DLC for promotional material for the anime, other Nintendo games, or Pokemon events. Like the winner of a Pokemon Tournament can get a crown hat or something, that'd be neat.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I really dislike how similar the B/W B2/W2 and X/Y males look a like. Considering using the girl in X
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Quote Originally Posted by Vecherom View Post
    I really dislike how similar the B/W B2/W2 and X/Y males look a like. Considering using the girl in X
    They really don't.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    They really don't.
    That's just your opinion. The blue jackets and brown hair is just too much. THREE GAMES OF BLUE JACKETS AND BROWN HAIR. I like variety.
    Regional Favorites

That's just your opinion. The blue jackets and brown hair is just too much. THREE GAMES OF BLUE JACKETS AND BROWN HAIR. I like variety.
    With the new character customization, you can pretty much change your character if you don't like it

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Probably a good thing you can change the hair color and the jacket, then?

My bad I forgot about customazation. I hope they have a good amount for it, like Blonde hair, different clothes, but I guess we'll see.
    Regional Favorites

My bad I forgot about customazation. I hope they have a good amount for it, like Blonde hair, different clothes, but I guess we'll see.
    Well we already have confirmed blonde hair and blue eyes as well as confirmed clothing customization...so...

I hope the Champion is actually diverse, like Cynthia and Blue.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I dont mind how the new protagonists look, (though I do agree the males seem to be following the same trend with their looks), and I cant wait to see how the customization will go. I'm a huge fan of character customization in games.
    I don't really like how the protagonists seem to be getting older though :c I loved playing as a little kid who had the ability to bring down large scale criminal organizations and completely kick the Elite Four/Champion's ***! Its a character dynamic that I hope they bring back soon. Its just not the same with older characters. I think the thing that I'm starting to lose sight of with the recent games is the idea that someone very small who isn't usually taken seriously can overcome huge obstacles and be something great. If they keep making the protagonists older, this concept will be totally lost.. maybe I've just got my nostalgia goggles on too tight q q
    Last edited by cheshireusagi; 26th May 2013 at 8:18 AM.
    White 2 FC | 4213 4790 1231
    Am I a boy? Am I a girl? I'll never tell, kekeke = w=
    Keiru of the Jhoto region! | Art in my sig by me | Androgynous, like a Legendary! | Miku the Shiny Espeon

DW Females for trade, PM me!

I like them being older. I mean Pokémon is a game for all ages and as far as I know kids like to play with older characters (atleast I did) and older people too. So characters in their teens are a good choice in my opinion.

And it's not like they are adults. They are still little kids. Just, slightly taller little kids. :P
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by cheshireusagi View Post
    I dont mind how the new protagonists look, (though I do agree the males seem to be following the same trend with their looks), and I cant wait to see how the customization will go. I'm a huge fan of character customization in games.
    I don't really like how the protagonists seem to be getting older though :c I loved playing as a little kid who had the ability to bring down large scale criminal organizations and completely kick the Elite Four/Champion's ***! Its a character dynamic that I hope they bring back soon. Its just not the same with older characters. I think the thing that I'm starting to lose sight of with the recent games is the idea that someone very small who isn't usually taken seriously can overcome huge obstacles and be something great. If they keep making the protagonists older, this concept will be totally lost.. maybe I've just got my nostalgia goggles on too tight q q
    Teens are more responsible and more likely to do all these things then ten year olds. Even if they were twelve. I mean most modern kid/teen media have the character as teens (Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, The Kane Chronicles, Harry Potter, Hannah Montana e.t.c.) due to the fact teens are more responsible. I like the older characters: Makes it more realistic. That's how I like my games: Realistic, but not at the same time.

Also, I hope that Gym Leaders have a BW-esque role. They were... meh in BW2, but BW gave each an awesome personality!

Cilan/Chili/Cress-Robots Novice Gym Leaders who want to improve

Lenora-A researcher who cares for her research and property. I love how they gave her a husband '3'

Burgh-An enigmatic painter, who can be eccentric and soulful.

Elesa-Smexy Someone who's the complete opposite of the model stereotype-kind, caring and full of wise advice and horrid jokes

Clay-A guy who's protective of Driftveil, quick to blame, but a great friend to his allies.

Skyla-Someone who isn't afraid to speak her mind Bella Swan until BW2 in that one memory thing.

Brycen-A cool and composed ex-actor (Actor in BW2)

Drayden/Iris-A mayor who runs his city good, and a father figure/An excited young girl who wants to prove herself.

And I hope they have roles outside of the Gym!

I guess Cynthia will return, so my guess for her team is:

Spiritomb (Evo?)
    Milotic (Evo?)
    Lucario (Evo?)
    Helioptile's Final Evo
    New Fairy-Type Pokemon
    Garchomp

I also hope the gym leaders talk some more when you speak to them before the battle. Sometimes in BW2 and/or BW they just said one line and the battle started. I don't know why, but I think gym leaders used to say atleast more than 1 line.

i want the gym leaders to play a role in the story like they did in B/W i loved it when they come in at the end, i always imagines a cutscene at that point where they all throw out their signiture pokemon out and tell you to go. i also want loads more cutscenes.

^ The cutscenes in BW were cool but I'd love to see actual pre-rendered Cutscenes in a Pokemon game. The 3DS can handle it as games like Fire Emblem: Awakening have shown

Page 147 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast