Page 101 of 408 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    With your logic, then Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, and Alder shouldn't be in the PWT because Ethan/Lyra/Brendan/May/Lucas/Dawn/Hilda/Hilbert already "clearly" defeated them
    You're oversimplifying it...

I'm not talking about the player character who defeats all these champions, you're speaking as if they're all common denominators...It's actually different when it comes to Gen I/II. In fact, I'm talking specifically about Red-Blue since GSC/HGSS canon clearly showed that Blue is the 8th gym leader, while Red at that point has already superseded Blue. So how does it make sense that Blue is a Champion in the PWT when canon-wise in Gen II, he lost the title?

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

I'm not talking about the player character who defeats all these champions, you're speaking as if they're all common denominators...It's actually different when it comes to Gen I/II. In fact, I'm talking specifically about Red-Blue since GSC/HGSS canon clearly showed that Blue is the 8th gym leader, while Red at that point has already superseded Blue. So how does it make sense that Blue is a Champion in the PWT when canon-wise in Gen II, he lost the title?
    Well in that case Chaos Rush defeated all of them, so clearly Chaos Rush should be the only trainer in the PWT
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

I don't think the title of Champion is revoked because they were defeat. Even though Steven, Blue, and Alder aren't the current Champions in their respective regions during B2W2(if I remember my timeline properly), they still had been Champions and thus were eligible for the Champion Tournaments. If that makes any sense.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

I'm hoping the rival is more similar to Blue/Silver. I actually gave a crap about those guys because they did things to make you hate them, which gave me an incentive to get stronger and beat them. They actually seemed like someone you wanted to compete with, unlike what we've been getting recently - a generic, bland, goody two shoes type who seems to have very little passion for anything. The closest I think they ever came to such a rival was with Cheren, but I still didn't have that thing where I really wanted to beat him.
    Black Team:

White 2 Team:

I hope we have more than one rival, and that they aren't all kids you know from your home town. Like when you get to the first town a Silver-esque character come along all arrogant and challenges you and become your rival, seperate from the inevitable childhood friend.

I'd like to see random other characters from past generations as well. Like Misty stood by a fountain or by a river, or Candice skiing. If anything just to see what they look like with the new graphics (Hopefully something akin to the PWT will be in game though)
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    I hope we have more than one rival, and that they aren't all kids you know from your home town. Like when you get to the first town a Silver-esque character come along all arrogant and challenges you and become your rival, seperate from the inevitable childhood friend.

I'd like to see random other characters from past generations as well. Like Misty stood by a fountain or by a river, or Candice skiing. If anything just to see what they look like with the new graphics (Hopefully something akin to the PWT will be in game though)
    I would like a couple rivals in the game that came in at random times to challenge you. Maybe even have different pokemon each time so you can't really prepare to battle the rival, like in all of the past games.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Seeing that Blue, Stephen and Alder can all compete in the Champions Tournament, the best guess is that former champions are also allowed to compete if they wish. In-universe it makes sense, as famous former champions competing against today's current champions would make for an exciting viewing experience.

Also, as it comes to the Rival, having thoughts about what kind of character I'd like to see in what is supposedly a France-based region, I'd like to see A upper class female rival whose father uses his wealth and power to bully the professor into giving her a Pokemon, preventing your childhood friend (Who you name in the introduction, to lead the player into thinking this will be their rival) from receiving a Starter Pokemon and preventing his journey. Thus, this rivalry is personal. Throughout the game, she receives a lot of her Pokemon from her family, not even bothering to catch her own. Her character development changes based on your input; the more you beat her, the nicer she'll become to you. If you beat her in every single battle, she will use her money to buy your childhood friend a Pokemon.

Her final team would look something like this:

1. Starter > Evolutionary forms
    2. Riolu > Lucario (Given to her by her uncle, an Elite Four of the Steel type)
    3. Swablu > Altaria (Given to her by her auntie, a contest judge)
    4. Serashield (Light/Ghost type pokemon based on a guardian angel, given to her by her father)
    5. Venonat > Venomoth > Celestimoth (Ends in a Bug/Psychic evolution of Venomoth, which she catches on her own)
    6. Smeargle > Palletre (She catches a Smeargle which evolves into a new evolutionary form)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by misunderstoodhero; 4th April 2013 at 11:20 PM.
    FireRed Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    AlphaSapphire Team:
    Platinum Team:
    White Team:
    White2 Team:
    Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Algetty View Post
    I'm hoping the rival is more similar to Blue/Silver. I actually gave a crap about those guys because they did things to make you hate them, which gave me an incentive to get stronger and beat them. They actually seemed like someone you wanted to compete with, unlike what we've been getting recently - a generic, bland, goody two shoes type who seems to have very little passion for anything. The closest I think they ever came to such a rival was with Cheren, but I still didn't have that thing where I really wanted to beat him.
    Eh, silver annoyed me. Yes it gave you more incentive, but he never acknowledged you won.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

How about this time our character finally gets a girlfriend / boyfriend depending on the gender we choose

and see a the champion be related to the evil organization could be awesome!!

I can't see them introducing romantic interests. Its just a massive can of worms that doesn't need to be opened.

Seeing the players mother doing something other than stand in the kitchen for eternity would be nice.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by misunderstoodhero View Post
    Seeing that Blue, Stephen and Alder can all compete in the Champions Tournament, the best guess is that former champions are also allowed to compete if they wish. In-universe it makes sense, as famous former champions competing against today's current champions would make for an exciting viewing experience.
    That's actually quite interesting, I never took that into consideration.

I can't see them introducing romantic interests. Its just a massive can of worms that doesn't need to be opened.

Seeing the players mother doing something other than stand in the kitchen for eternity would be nice.
    That would be great. Would make for a great surprise if it turns out your mom is a member of the Elite Four, for example.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Eh. Blue annoyed me, and Silver just felt there. The only time I ever had incentive to beat a Rival was with Barry, albeit, that was because he felt more driven than the rest (sans Wally).

Quote Originally Posted by misunderstoodhero View Post

Also, as it comes to the Rival, having thoughts about what kind of character I'd like to see in what is supposedly a France-based region, I'd like to see A upper class female rival whose father uses his wealth and power to bully the professor into giving her a Pokemon, preventing your childhood friend (Who you name in the introduction, to lead the player into thinking this will be their rival) from receiving a Starter Pokemon and preventing his journey. Thus, this rivalry is personal. Throughout the game, she receives a lot of her Pokemon from her family, not even bothering to catch her own. Her character development changes based on your input; the more you beat her, the nicer she'll become to you. If you beat her in every single battle, she will use her money to buy your childhood friend a Pokemon.

Her final team would look something like this:

1. Starter > Evolutionary forms
    2. Riolu > Lucario (Given to her by her uncle, an Elite Four of the Steel type)
    3. Swablu > Altaria (Given to her by her auntie, a contest judge)
    4. Serashield (Light/Ghost type pokemon based on a guardian angel, given to her by her father)
    5. Venonat > Venomoth > Celestimoth (Ends in a Bug/Psychic evolution of Venomoth, which she catches on her own)
    6. Smeargle > Palletre (She catches a Smeargle which evolves into a new evolutionary form)

Thoughts?
    i like the idea, but there would still be three Starters, unless there are two childhood frienda, in which case the other should catch some rare Poké like Wally did.

Well, apart from HGSS, the last few mothers did do something before settling down to have a family. DP mother did contests, BW mother was a pokemon trainer and BW2 trainer worked in a pokemon centre.
    I'd also like to have a father for the player character. All of the other reindeer rivals have 2 parents. I just find it weird that, bar Hoenn, your father is never brought up at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

In the 5th Generation, Caitlin says, "Who knows, perhaps I'll become the Champion somewhere!" This maybe could hint to her being in X and Y. I would like her to be Champion in the games, but before you battle her, her spot is taken by a New Champion. Then, you can battle her later, perhaps on top of the Pokemon Eiffel Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    In the 5th Generation, Caitlin says, "Who knows, perhaps I'll become the Champion somewhere!" This maybe could hint to her being in X and Y. I would like her to be Champion in the games, but before you battle her, her spot is taken by a New Champion. Then, you can battle her later, perhaps on top of the Pokemon Eiffel Tower.
    Maybe, thugh I thnk Caitlin is done. Though if she does appear, Darach must dome and double battle with her.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    How about this time our character finally gets a girlfriend / boyfriend depending on the gender we choose
    Well I guess Yancy/Curtis in B2/W2 kinda counts in terms of interest. They definitely have romantic interest towards our character.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Eh. Blue annoyed me, and Silver just felt there. The only time I ever had incentive to beat a Rival was with Barry, albeit, that was because he felt more driven than the rest (sans Wally).

i like the idea, but there would still be three Starters, unless there are two childhood friends, in which case the other should catch some rare Poké like Wally did.
    Oh. I did forget to mention that the Professor's son also receives a starter. The scene in my head is that you pick your starter, then the Professor's son picks the starter weak to yours, leaving your friend to receive the remaining starter when the door is kicked down by the obnoxious rich man, followed by his daughter. He demands that his daughter receive a Pokemon, saying something along the lines of "Need I remind you where your funding comes from? It would be unfortunate if that were to stop, Hmmm?" The professor stills refuses to be bullied, but your friend stands down and allows his Pokemon to be taken.

Later back in town, he wishes you luck on your journey and makes you promise you'll teach that girl a lesson.

If she's defeated in every battle, she'll give your friend a Pokemon, and he can be fought in battles, his team and their levels escalating quickly to catch up-to yours.
    For the personality I have in mind for him, it'd like to see his starter as Tyrogue and evolve to the form that best counters your stater, although I'd also like to see him get a Pokemon from the new region as his starter.
    FireRed Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    AlphaSapphire Team:
    Platinum Team:
    White Team:
    White2 Team:
    Y Team:

In terms of the player's mother, I think it'd be kind of nice to have a sort of workaholic who doesn't have much time for anything, and is always away on business or something. She could be the head of a huge fashion based company (because France), and the player could actually see her around on his or her journey, instead of her just staying at home. Later in the game, she could turn out to be a gym leader or a member of the Elite 4. I doubt she would keep such a secret from her child though.
    Black Team:

White 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Well I guess Yancy/Curtis in B2/W2 kinda counts in terms of interest. They definitely have romantic interest towards our character.
    I suppose but that was only ever implied and nothing ever come of it.
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

In terms of the player's mother, I think it'd be kind of nice to have a sort of workaholic who doesn't have much time for anything, and is always away on business or something. She could be the head of a huge fashion based company (because France), and the player could actually see her around on his or her journey, instead of her just staying at home. Later in the game, she could turn out to be a gym leader or a member of the Elite 4. I doubt she would keep such a secret from her child though.
    I don't know about her being a gym leader or E4 member but I like the idea of having her do more than stand around the house. Also, I really think it's time we had a proper Dad role. Norman was cool, but I want an actual father that lives with my mother and everything.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Also, I really think it's time we had a proper Dad role. Norman was cool, but I want an actual father that lives with my mother and everything.
    I know it's been said before, but it is rather sad for there to be an absent father in almost every generation. I thought the series had children as the targeted audience. Don't you think children are going to wonder where the father is, especially the ones who are missing a parent? Well, even if they don't, it still wouldn't hurt to make use of key role in most people's lives. Someone had to be in the PC's mother's life in order for the PC to be around(no one is going to buy immaculate conception). We all just want to get to know him and, if possible, battle him. Is that so wrong?
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    I know it's been said before, but it is rather sad for there to be an absent father in almost every generation. I thought the series had children as the targeted audience. Don't you think children are going to wonder where the father is, especially the ones who are missing a parent? Well, even if they don't, it still wouldn't hurt to make use of key role in most people's lives. Someone had to be in the PC's mother's life in order for the PC to be around(no one is going to buy immaculate conception). We all just want to get to know him and, if possible, battle him. Is that so wrong?
    Exactly. The PC would not be around without a father.

We've just had enough of single mothers.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    Exactly. The PC would not be around without a father.

We've just had enough of single mothers.
    The father could be the leader of the villains or even the champion :3

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    I'd do the opposite from Gen III this time. The father would be the home-bound parent and the mother would be the adventurer.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Page 101 of 408 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast