Page 104 of 408 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 10198

Thread: Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

A separate model could mean anything. Maybe the glasses get taken off at some point due to some story mcguffin. Maybe it's a key item. Or maybe GF just made a separate model to experiment or did it just for the lulz. Customization is not "almost a given". Don't set yourself up for disappointment. I'd wait till we see more of trainers before we jump to any conclusions.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I really don't think character customization should be implemented in the mainstream games. For one it isn't about humans, it's about Pokemon. We were able to dress our pokemon in Gen IV and V already through contests and musicals. If you want to dress up your character play something else. If Pokemon does allow character customization, then there should be wild human battles and trainer human battles. And rename Pokemon to Húmon short for Human Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    I really don't think character customization should be implemented in the mainstream games. For one it isn't about humans, it's about Pokemon. We were able to dress our pokemon in Gen IV and V already through contests and musicals. If you want to dress up your character play something else. If Pokemon does allow character customization, then there should be wild human battles and trainer human battles. And rename Pokemon to Húmon short for Human Monster.
    *facepalm*

images.jpg

It was a joke, but confuser is right. The Pokemon will always come first. Someone already mentioned that they felt the trainers just existed to carry around and fight the Pokemon, and that's exactly what they are there for.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This post made no sense.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Let me explain:
    All we want is to be able to make the trainer look more like yourself or whatever you want him/her to look like, rather than being stuck with the same sprite for everyone. Also it would be nice for others to see your custom character when you do wifi battles.
    HeartGold F.C:
    Black F.C:
    White 2 F.C:
    Nintendo 3DS F.C:

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneTrueTB View Post
    Let me explain:
    All we want is to be able to make the trainer look more like yourself or whatever you want him/her to look like, rather than being stuck with the same sprite for everyone. Also it would be nice for others to see your custom character when you do wifi battles.
    In a way, I think character customization is a good idea. But in a way, I don't.

Pokemon is a roleplaying game. You're supposed to play as somebody else, not as yourself, although (being a big fan of the Sims) I do really love to customize characters. I'm just not sure that Pokemon is the right game to do that on, at least not for the story games. We've always played as somebody else, regardless of whether we give them our names or not - Red, Gold, Brendon, May, etc. I don't think it's a good idea to take away that kind of identification for the main character of the game. Do you get what I mean?

Now, for wifi, that's a whole different thing. I think it would be a good idea to have customization exclusively for wifi battles. Just not for the game.

Like confuser987 said, this game isn't about the humans. It's about the adventure, the Pokemon, whatever problems you're having to solve. It's not about having a cute human character.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Still makes me feel different than other trainers. Especially when you battle them. It doesnt have to be super in depth, but a little something wouldnt hurt.

i'd also like pokemon to walk besides you. If not all, then one that you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Still makes me feel different than other trainers. Especially when you battle them. It doesnt have to be super in depth, but a little something wouldnt hurt.

i'd also like pokemon to walk besides you. If not all, then one that you choose.
    Ooh, that. I agree with the pokemon walking with you. After HGSS I was really excited, thinking that would be a permanent feature. I'd love to see that come back.

Alpha Sapphire Team

I loved the Pokemon walking with you in HGSS too, but a lot of people didn't. Maybe make it possible to switch it on and off?

On another note, one thing I would like to see regarding characters are several trainers that aren't rivals that reappear throughout the storyline. YOu could work with them against the antagonistic team, battle and sometimes trade with them, and they would add more characters with depth to the game.
    Nuzlocke Ruby Run: 6 Badges, Heading To Lilycove City
    Team: Deaths:

My Team for the Ruby Remake:

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    In a way, I think character customization is a good idea. But in a way, I don't.

Pokemon is a roleplaying game. You're supposed to play as somebody else, not as yourself, although (being a big fan of the Sims) I do really love to customize characters. I'm just not sure that Pokemon is the right game to do that on, at least not for the story games. We've always played as somebody else, regardless of whether we give them our names or not - Red, Gold, Brendon, May, etc. I don't think it's a good idea to take away that kind of identification for the main character of the game. Do you get what I mean?

Now, for wifi, that's a whole different thing. I think it would be a good idea to have customization exclusively for wifi battles. Just not for the game.

Like confuser987 said, this game isn't about the humans. It's about the adventure, the Pokemon, whatever problems you're having to solve. It's not about having a cute human character.
    I don't mind either way and you are right it is about your relationship with your pokemon. At the same time, while I don't expect (or even want now that i think of it) skyrim level customization, I'd be happy with clothes customization. I'd be the first to say I hated the hat the male wore in RSE and would have loved to get rid of it. In XY i would be completely satisfied with the male character if I could get rid of those ruddy sunglasses but that's only a minor prob I have with him and wouldn't be bothered with no customization this time around

clothing and maybe hair color. And/or eyes
    As for pokemon walking besides, you, i would love it especially since the games are fully 3d. An on and off switch does make sense

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    clothing and maybe hair color. And/or eyes
    As for pokemon walking besides, you, i would love it especially since the games are fully 3d. An on and off switch does make sense
    If they did bring back walking pokemon they would have to scale down the models to make them smaller than the trainer as otherwise they will take up the screen which will make pokemon larger than a person unable to follow you without looking very odd

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    If they did bring back walking pokemon they would have to scale down the models to make them smaller than the trainer as otherwise they will take up the screen which will make pokemon larger than a person unable to follow you without looking very odd
    Yes. I can imagine a giant Ho-Oh, Lugia, Reshiram, Groudon, Zekrom, Kyogre, Kyurem, Arceus, Rayquaza, and Yveltal flapping their wings and fins and shakingthe gound as they walk with you. Might as well add an animation where others run for shelter as you pass by in a city.

Maybe you should be given the ability to have Pokémon walk behind you when you beat the E4. And there should be size limit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dren View Post
    I don't mind either way and you are right it is about your relationship with your pokemon. At the same time, while I don't expect (or even want now that i think of it) skyrim level customization, I'd be happy with clothes customization. I'd be the first to say I hated the hat the male wore in RSE and would have loved to get rid of it. In XY i would be completely satisfied with the male character if I could get rid of those ruddy sunglasses but that's only a minor prob I have with him and wouldn't be bothered with no customization this time around
    Yeah, I was only looking forward to clothes customization on the players if the playable characters are in fact the boy and girl we saw in the trailer. Because really that's all I would mess around with just for fun. If they add deep customization then that's great, but I was fine with the trainers I saw on the trailer. I just want to mess with their clothes every now and again like when entering a new city, put on a outfit that blends in well with the town, or a hat that fits the theme. That's all I was going to do. The default trainers boy slider and girl blondie would have been the ones I picked for play anyway. It would be kind of cool if you defeat Gym Leaders, they not only give you a badge and a TM but a outfit like theirs to have on when you travel. How cool would that be? Or when you get to a Hall of Fame you can pick champion clothes. You could dress like Cynthia or Steven. That would be a fun gimmick to play with.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

You could shop for clothes in a department store (like from Kanto)

A clothing department store is where I figured your character would change...that or a Pokemon Center.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

The problem with character customization is what would the player character look like in the manga.

Unless there was a base 'look' that everyone has until like the first town or something and then you can change appearance there. That way there would a a recognizable Red/Gold/Ruby etc type character
    The Original Team.
    Circa 1999.
    AS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nockturne View Post
    The problem with character customization is what would the player character look like in the manga.

Unless there was a base 'look' that everyone has until like the first town or something and then you can change appearance there. That way there would a a recognizable Red/Gold/Ruby etc type character
    Of course if there is customization there will be a base look. If there wasn't we would never get protagonist art and that would make me very unhappy.

We need protagonist art as diakyu stated. Then change the clothing later

Discussion for the "following Pokemon" feature belongs to the Gameplay thread, not the Character thread.

So if you guys still want to continue discussing about it, go to the Gameplay thread

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

You know what I want?Instead of an evil organisation,to have a pokemon,or even Mewtwo,control people's minds.So,we'd have like zombies that challenge you in the name of "The most powerful pokemon"...Maybe Mewtwo seeks the power of the legendary pokemon,Xerneas or Yveltal for some purpose.It would be cool to defeat Xerneas and Yveltal at the end of the game,Mewtwo disappearing and after the E4,you could challenge it and capture it.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yeah, I was only looking forward to clothes customization on the players if the playable characters are in fact the boy and girl we saw in the trailer. Because really that's all I would mess around with just for fun. If they add deep customization then that's great, but I was fine with the trainers I saw on the trailer. I just want to mess with their clothes every now and again like when entering a new city, put on a outfit that blends in well with the town, or a hat that fits the theme. That's all I was going to do. The default trainers boy slider and girl blondie would have been the ones I picked for play anyway. It would be kind of cool if you defeat Gym Leaders, they not only give you a badge and a TM but a outfit like theirs to have on when you travel. How cool would that be? Or when you get to a Hall of Fame you can pick champion clothes. You could dress like Cynthia or Steven. That would be a fun gimmick to play with.
    o.o That would be awesome!

though, maybe you could also just shop for them?

And... Maybe you get the past protagonist's clothes as an extra once you beat the E4 too?

._. Just... I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    o.o That would be awesome!

though, maybe you could also just shop for them?

And... Maybe you get the past protagonist's clothes as an extra once you beat the E4 too?

._. Just... I want that.
    Or get extra outfits for completing some assignments, sort of like the Medal Rally in B2/W2 except you get different outfits for completing different tasks.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    Or get extra outfits for completing some assignments, sort of like the Medal Rally in B2/W2 except you get different outfits for completing different tasks.
    Haha, yeah, I guess that too.

Maybe you could also give those trash bins a use and have little seperate pieces of outfits there.

Maybe your trainer could have clothing change the contest stats of your Pokémon? (if they return)

Like... If you have a... Wallace costume your BEAUTY stat goes up? :P

Page 104 of 408 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast